Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: From me to you

(Read 22465 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: From me to you
     Reply #60 - June 16, 2010, 11:06 AM

Hello HC, how come I have not seen this thread before. I am not Tunisian but I live nextdoor, and I have been many many times to Tunisia. One thing I can tell you is that more north in Tunisia you go the more liberal they are. The more south you travel, the more religious you will find people.

Also I can tell you this. Don't you ever agree on wearing the Hijab (I repeat, don't you ever accept wearing the Hijab), unless it is your choice of cource. The reason I am saying this is that many many Tunisian Girls dress like western girls and also have BoyFriends, drink, go to Discos and so there is no obligation to be different from them. It is a fairly liberal country and the food is lovely.

However, as many here have suggested, please dont rush things. If you have a baby with him before Marriage then it is also possible to live together for few months. From the sound of it, your BF is a cultural Muslim and not a practicing one and that is another good sign.

How about instead of agreeing on converting to Islam, ask him why your son should be brought up a Muslim and why not let him decide later if he wish to adopt a religion or not.

Again please dont rush into Circumcision and all those Islamic rituals, and take it from me (I have 4 boys and they are all intact and I live in a strict Muslim country), there is no strong evidence from Quran or Hadeath that asks Muslims to do it.

If I think of something else I will post it here.

Reply #61 - June 16, 2010, 11:15 AM

I agree with what RIBS said. I too live next door and went there several times and it's by far the most secular country in North-Africa and women there seem to have every freedom. Hell, I get the feeling that tunisian men are scared of them and that's why they tend to marry foreigners Cheesy

Good luck and welcome.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #62 - June 16, 2010, 11:25 AM

Welcome Hot-Chick (now why can't I meet any hot-chicks  finmad )

he says he knows he's not a good muslim right now but that he can make up for this later and Allah will be ok with this. I guess my take on this is that if he enjoys doing these things now he isn't likely to change back again

I've seen - so many times - an irreligious Muslim meet a British woman and then how marriage and esp. having kids turns him from fun-loving, liberal, boozing, party animal into Sheikh al-Azhar.

Be careful.
     Reply #63 - June 16, 2010, 01:08 PM

I'll re-iterate what everyone else has said. Lapsed muslim men have a tendency to become much more strict after marriage. You said your bf will 'make up for his current sins one day' as god is forgiving. I'd take that as a sign that he may become more religion. I could be wrong though. Whatever you do, be careful! And make sure you stay in constant touch with your parents, that is really important! Make sure your parents know what to do if you suddenly stop communicating with them for an unknown reason, or something happens to you.

I wish you luck though and hope it works out.

And whatever you do, do NOT convert to Islam. You could end up regretting it big time.
     Reply #64 - June 16, 2010, 01:20 PM

Converting to Islam is very short termist.  

You are sending a hidden message to him & his family that is not only a lie, but also a very dangerous one also.  

You do not intend to take on another way of life, let alone dilute your current thoughts & way of life, so stop pretending that you are otherwise you will only shift problems from today onto another day AFTER you are married.

Marriage is not a secret fix & a plaster that will solve all your current problems, they will all be around after you are married.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #65 - June 16, 2010, 01:34 PM

My advice if needed, this someone who is in a Relationship with a Pak Ex-Muslim who's family still think he is Muslim. Talk so much about religion, research Islam a lot, discuss why you like one another, discuss what his family is like, and do not rush into marriage, DO NOT get a Libyan Passport for your kid atm.
     Reply #66 - June 16, 2010, 01:37 PM

My advice if needed, this someone who is in a Relationship with a Pak Ex-Muslim who's family still think he is Muslim. Talk so much about religion, research Islam a lot, discuss why you like one another, discuss what his family is like, and do not rush into marriage, DO NOT get a Libyan Passport for your kid atm.

You meant a Tunisian passport, Lily?

Reply #67 - June 16, 2010, 01:42 PM

Oh yes and if you no likey Islam, you no convert either.
     Reply #68 - June 16, 2010, 01:43 PM

You meant a Tunisian passport, Lily?

Yes I do I am very sorry.
     Reply #69 - June 16, 2010, 01:51 PM

My advice if needed, this someone who is in a Relationship with a Pak Ex-Muslim who's family still think he is Muslim.

Did you get back together - Wasnt he a muslim when you met?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #70 - June 16, 2010, 01:53 PM

He was a Muslim when we first met as friends and whilst we were emerging as a couple our frank convos about Islam made him apostate, his family don't know about his lack of faith but they know about me.
     Reply #71 - June 16, 2010, 01:54 PM

You must be the world best converter/anti-dawah merchant - how did you do it?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #72 - June 16, 2010, 01:56 PM

Well quite ironically cos i liked him so much i was considering converting to Islam but through that journey I was like nah and I talked to him about it, and the things i was reading and he eventually lost faith in it, instead leaning more and more to my understanding of the universe a Pantheistic one where everything is god and god is not great god just is (bad and good).
     Reply #73 - June 16, 2010, 02:03 PM

You are like Dawkins but wit bewbs.
     Reply #74 - June 16, 2010, 02:07 PM

BOOBS dear BOOBS
     Reply #75 - June 16, 2010, 02:09 PM

I'll keep it short:

-No Tunisian passport for you kid. Never.

-No Hijab. (btw if you decide to wear the Hijab you will be among the minority in Tunisia)

-If you don't have sufficient income to support your spouse, your visa will likely be rejected.

-Brigitte Gabriel is a racist and a bigot who just wants to sell books. As much as I hate Islam, I think she goes way to far.
     Reply #76 - June 16, 2010, 02:43 PM

-Brigitte Gabriel is a racist and a bigot who just wants to sell books. As much as I hate Islam, I think she goes way to far.

Having heard something about her I suppose I know where its coming from.  She's Lebanese (hence her hotness)and probably Maronite and was a child during the time the Palestinian refugees were accepted in her country and massacres like Damour started taking place.  Being Maronite she also dislikes people who call themselves Arab...  The Maronites I've talked to all insist that they are Phoenician or Lebanese and not Arabs.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #77 - June 16, 2010, 02:49 PM

It doesn't matter. I was living in Iraq when American soldiers/Blackwater committed massacres and when Abu Ghraib happened. I don't hate every American now  Smiley
     Reply #78 - June 16, 2010, 02:51 PM

This is exactly the thing I think every time, I don't hate Germans I don't hate Japanese people and I also don't Hate Hitler or bullies that have bullied me in the past, I simply don't see the point.
     Reply #79 - June 16, 2010, 02:53 PM

What do you mean you don't hate Hitler?
     Reply #80 - June 16, 2010, 02:54 PM

I hate what he thought but I don't actually hate the guy himself, much like I hate what Muhammad thought but I don't hate Muhammad.
     Reply #81 - June 16, 2010, 02:59 PM

Having heard something about her I suppose I know where its coming from.  She's Lebanese (hence her hotness)and probably Maronite and was a child during the time the Palestinian refugees were accepted in her country and massacres like Damour started taking place.  Being Maronite she also dislikes people who call themselves Arab...  The Maronites I've talked to all insist that they are Phoenician or Lebanese and not Arabs.

Wasn't it the maronites that carried out sabra and shatillia?

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #82 - June 16, 2010, 03:02 PM

How about instead of agreeing on converting to Islam, ask him why your son should be brought up a Muslim and why not let him decide later if he wish to adopt a religion or not.

Again please dont rush into Circumcision and all those Islamic rituals, and take it from me (I have 4 boys and they are all intact and I live in a strict Muslim country), there is no strong evidence from Quran or Hadeath that asks Muslims to do it.

I strongly agree with what RIBS said here.
     Reply #83 - June 16, 2010, 03:03 PM

Me too.
     Reply #84 - June 16, 2010, 03:07 PM

It doesn't matter. I was living in Iraq when American soldiers/Blackwater committed massacres and when Abu Ghraib happened. I don't hate every American now  Smiley

Nah, I'm not saying that her attitude was right... don't get me wrong...   Just recalling a few things.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

Reply #85 - June 16, 2010, 03:09 PM

I've seen - so many times - an irreligious Muslim meet a British woman and then how marriage and esp. having kids turns him from fun-loving, liberal, boozing, party animal into Sheikh al-Azhar.

Something like this happened to Hassan too. He was irreligious, had a girlfriend, went to Egypt and met some religious cousins, and suddenly he had grown a beard and wanted his girlfriend to convert and eventually left her.
     Reply #86 - June 16, 2010, 03:09 PM

This is exactly the thing I think every time, I don't hate Germans I don't hate Japanese people and I also don't Hate Hitler or bullies that have bullied me in the past, I simply don't see the point.

Well that happened over 65 years ago, its high time we move on..  Although the Japs still haven't apologised to the Chinese for what they did at Nanking..

Reply #87 - June 16, 2010, 03:10 PM

Wasn't it the maronites that carried out sabra and shatillia?

Yeah for the murder of President Bashir.. Sharon turned a blind eye when they went in for the Palestinians...  

By the way, welcome back you cunt  dance

Reply #88 - June 16, 2010, 03:11 PM

Kiss

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #89 - June 16, 2010, 03:12 PM

Well that happened over 65 years ago, its high time we move on..  Although the Japs still haven't apologised to the Chinese for what they did at Nanking..

True true, just saying. Also the whole N.Ireland thing (only just over) I don't hate Republic of Ireland people.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »