Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Fear of Men

(Read 30079 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Fear of Men
     Reply #30 - June 13, 2010, 01:11 PM

Yeah good point. These things tend to work out best when you aren't desperate for them.  Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #31 - June 13, 2010, 01:14 PM

for me, because sex was forbidden I end up wanting it more.

Afro dance
    I like your attitude virav5. Afro

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #32 - June 13, 2010, 01:14 PM

Yep yep  Afro
     Reply #33 - June 13, 2010, 01:33 PM

Face your fears and you shall conquer them.  We humans crave the comfort of the womb sometimes and this holds us back in life.  We should not be afraid to get away from the centre of the fear circle.
    Read this article: http://www.powerseductionandwar.com/archives/the_50th_law_pa.phtml

and here's an appropriate (de)motivational poster.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #34 - June 13, 2010, 01:39 PM

Cool. For anyone who's scared of hungry lions, just remember the advice in that poster and you'll be fine. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #35 - June 13, 2010, 01:41 PM

Cheesy
    Face your irrational fears, silly.

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #36 - June 13, 2010, 01:46 PM

Is the 50 laws worth reading?
     Reply #37 - June 13, 2010, 01:50 PM

I would have thought so.  I haven't read it yet, but I know what it's about.  Read these slides to get a gist of what it's about: http://www.slideshare.net/RobertGreene/the-50th-law-10-lessons-in-fearlessness

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #38 - June 13, 2010, 02:01 PM

there are a bunch of "self love" books out there too, (not necessarily sleezy ones) that help one work out inhibitions, and learning to love yourself FIRST.  And no, you dont have to be snookered or high to enjoy it, it was only an alternative suggestion to relax you beforehand.  And remember just because the first time might not be all its hyped up to be, like anything, with experience and time it is um... WOW 'p

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #39 - June 13, 2010, 02:40 PM

Afro to above, can't love anybody else if you don't like/respect yourself.
     Reply #40 - June 13, 2010, 02:44 PM

But the slut thing doesn't make sense from my background simply because sex is not seen as anything weird or dirty. I mean you're not supposed to go around shouting it from the roof-top but it's not a big deal as long as you're getting married. Could be an Iraqi thing or a deviant Shia thing not sure.

I have seen the crying thing a couple of times but it's not the norm.
    Most Iraqi weddings I've been to were cool. The bride and groom feed each other cake and dance crazy all night. I'm like "shouldn't you save some energy?"  Undecided
     Reply #41 - June 13, 2010, 02:46 PM

lol
     Reply #42 - June 13, 2010, 03:09 PM

I have seen the crying thing a couple of times but it's not the norm.
    Most Iraqi weddings I've been to were cool. The bride and groom feed each other cake and dance crazy all night. I'm like "shouldn't you save some energy?"  Undecided

They should just have energy drinks back in the room, Red Bull or something, prob sorted and dance alllllll night.
     Reply #43 - June 13, 2010, 06:17 PM

Just a note: you don't have to be wasted to enjoy sex.

Interesting.

fuck you
     Reply #44 - June 13, 2010, 06:50 PM

Darkeye, have you ever had a relationship, be it sexual or otherwise, with a man?

No.

I'm not interested in anyone in particular right now either. I'm just thinking about it like I always tend to do... just think about my future and freak myself out Tongue

But you're all right. I just have to meet someone who I can really trust. I used to think that I'd probably get overly drunk before the night begins (lol) ughhh. But yeah, I'm still young. My posts are really pointless and I'm sorry. It's just that sometimes, I wish others knew what I was talking about or going through.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
     far away hug
     Reply #45 - June 13, 2010, 06:56 PM

Its good that you shared your thoughts with us people. If such thoughts were discussed with Muslims they would more often than not quickly shun this topic because of so much stigma they have attached with sexuality and relationships (esp. pre-marital) that it becomes very difficult to engage people and make them aware of themselves.

The muslim advice: pray more nawafil, fast more, read Quran and Hadith for relaxation, to avoid Satan entering your mind.

Yeah like that fucking helps!

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #46 - June 13, 2010, 06:58 PM

+1

My posts are really pointless and I'm sorry.

Your threads/posts are not pointless at all.  This thread and the 'Marriage' thread was very interesting.  These are issues that greatly concern young apostates, especially girls.

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #47 - June 13, 2010, 07:02 PM

No.

I'm not interested in anyone in particular right now either. I'm just thinking about it like I always tend to do... just think about my future and freak myself out Tongue

But you're all right. I just have to meet someone who I can really trust. I used to think that I'd probably get overly drunk before the night begins (lol) ughhh. But yeah, I'm still young. My posts are really pointless and I'm sorry. It's just that sometimes, I wish others knew what I was talking about or going through.

far away hug

Your posts are certainly not pointless - on the contrary this is a very important issue for many ex-Muslims - both men and women - and I know at least two in RL who have the same problem.
     Reply #48 - June 13, 2010, 07:19 PM

Its good that you shared your thoughts with us people. If such thoughts were discussed with Muslims they would more often than not quickly shun this topic because of so much stigma they have attached with sexuality and relationships (esp. pre-marital) that it becomes very difficult to engage people and make them aware of themselves.

The muslim advice: pray more nawafil, fast more, read Quran and Hadith for relaxation, to avoid Satan entering your mind.

Yeah like that fucking helps!

Very true. I used to give that "advice" to everyone whenever they were in trouble. If anything, it just keeps your mind off things. It doesn't necessarily help you realistically.
     Reply #49 - June 13, 2010, 07:27 PM

Afro dance
    I like your attitude virav5. Afro

Sorry if it's OOT, but I find that most of the people feel anything that forbidden more tempting than if it's allowed. Do you think so?
     Reply #50 - June 13, 2010, 07:28 PM

Very true. I used to give that "advice" to everyone whenever they were in trouble. If anything, it just keeps your mind off things. It doesn't necessarily help you realistically.

+1
     Reply #51 - June 13, 2010, 07:37 PM

Sorry if it's OOT, but I find that most of the people feel anything that forbidden more tempting than if it's allowed. Do you think so?

Very true. It's like a parent telling their child "Don't go in there! Don't touch that!" This will just make the child even more eager to know. Curiosity. When anything is forbidden, it's more tempting.
     Reply #52 - June 13, 2010, 07:41 PM

Ya like Hass said, this thread is important, not only to help you but also others who are having misgivings about stuff. Seriously good luck and there is much good advice in here, you really need to trust yourself and also respect yourself. Tell me when you apostated again, yr ago wise.
     Reply #53 - June 13, 2010, 07:44 PM

Interesting.

Don't listen to him. He's probably substituting intoxicants with an armadillo sandwich or something.

Plain sex is boring. One must be high or drunk, preferably both.
     Reply #54 - June 13, 2010, 07:45 PM

Very true. It's like a parent telling their child "Don't go in there! Don't touch that!" This will just make the child even more eager to know. Curiosity. When anything is forbidden, it's more tempting.

I have this mentality to reject what anyone told me to do, and it's severe, sometimes when I was about to do something, then someone told me to do the thing I was going to do, I decided not to do it (I know it's bad, but sometimes it's hard to resist that feeling)
     Reply #55 - June 13, 2010, 07:45 PM

No.

far away hug

They are not pointless habibti Smiley I love having you with us.
     Reply #56 - June 13, 2010, 07:46 PM

You kidding me right? You are lame blackdog, can't get it up without a crutch, you sure you a dude?
     Reply #57 - June 13, 2010, 07:46 PM

I have this mentality to reject what anyone told me to do, and it's severe, sometimes when I was about to do something, then someone told me to do the thing I was going to do, I decided not to do it (I know it's bad, but sometimes it's hard to resist that feeling)

I like this girl  Afro
     Reply #58 - June 13, 2010, 07:46 PM

You kidding me right? You are lame blackdog, can't get it up without a crutch, you sure you a dude?

Hey don't knock it unless you've tried it.

And it's not a crutch, its my third, er, fourth leg.
     Reply #59 - June 13, 2010, 07:47 PM

Don't listen to him. He's probably substituting intoxicants with an armadillo sandwich or something.

Plain sex is boring. One must be high or drunk, preferably both.

no don't listen to him....
    even though sometimes I'd get horny when I'm drunk  whistling2
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »