Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Baba Ali

(Read 10780 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Baba Ali
     OP - June 10, 2010, 10:30 PM

Confession: I had a huge crush on Baba Ali when I was a Muslim.

• Re: Baba Ali
     Reply #1 - June 10, 2010, 10:39 PM

Helen Slater was my first crush when i was a wee boy. she played supergirl.
    Good god i'm old.

If you ask me to define anything i will slap you with my pimp hand and make you cry like a biatch.

Nick Naylor: "I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right."~ Thank you for Smoking

Perspective
     Reply #2 - June 10, 2010, 10:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37JZ7Jv36q8
     Reply #3 - June 10, 2010, 11:03 PM

Ooh!  He IS cute!

I think my first major crush was... wait for it....  ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER!

When I was a little girl I wanted to be a bodybuilder so bad.  I was such a scrawny little thing and wanted to be able to beat up my big brother.

Over the years my crushes included:

My school gym teacher
    Corey Feldman
    Kirk Cameron

and I still love Patrick Swayze (R.I.P.)... I'm sad, I know.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #4 - June 10, 2010, 11:09 PM

Baba Ali's videos were hillllarious;  and they got a phenomenal number of views on Youtube.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #5 - June 10, 2010, 11:13 PM

I was actuall friends with him on MySpace but don't use that account anymore.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #6 - June 10, 2010, 11:15 PM

He is cute and funny and he was Muslim on top of that so I fell in love <3 LOL.

I remember when my friend and I found out he was married and had a daughter... oh man, we were sad for a good while.
     Reply #7 - June 11, 2010, 12:21 AM

i'd do him

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #8 - June 11, 2010, 02:02 AM

Muslim rip off of Blue's Clues.
     Reply #9 - June 11, 2010, 03:54 AM

haha i used to love this guy back in the day. his "inshallah", "mashallah" really annoyed me though.

god i dont understand how this guy converted to islam. what the hell did he see in islam i wonder....

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #10 - June 11, 2010, 06:41 AM

1. why did he convert to islam?

2. why did he convert to islam?

3. what religion did he convert from?

4. fuck him
     Reply #11 - June 11, 2010, 08:50 AM

i'd do him

lol at Iblis's siggy.... How about add "jew" to that, and to finish the offence, between brackets add "the houlocost never happened"! Cheesy

Reply #12 - June 11, 2010, 09:03 AM

lol
     Reply #13 - June 11, 2010, 03:18 PM

1. why did he convert to islam?

2. why did he convert to islam?

3. what religion did he convert from?

4. fuck him

He never really followed a religion. His family didn't seem to care for religion at all (good for them). He went through a phase of investigation and found  that Islam was the only religion that made sense. Lol. He used to be into idoltary and witch craft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WcehpDP3r8
    His story...
     Reply #14 - June 11, 2010, 03:23 PM

lol at Iblis's siggy.... How about add "jew" to that, and to finish the offence, between brackets add "the houlocost never happened"! Cheesy

done

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #15 - June 11, 2010, 03:52 PM

He never really followed a religion. His family didn't seem to care for religion at all (good for them). He went through a phase of investigation and found  that Islam was the only religion that made sense. Lol. He used to be into idoltary and witch craft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WcehpDP3r8
    His story...

What a loser.
     Reply #16 - June 11, 2010, 03:54 PM

lol.. he was a goth

i bet he watches twilight when no ones around.

Reply #17 - June 11, 2010, 03:59 PM

HE WAS A FUCKING GOTH AND BECAME A MUSLIM??!

BECAME BABA ALI?

What on Avatar's Mother Earth's greenpurplepink earth is he on about?

He believed in black magic BEFORE Islam.

Nuff said.
     Reply #18 - June 11, 2010, 04:17 PM

Wasn't Baba Ali Dead Mike's guru in CB4?

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #19 - June 11, 2010, 04:23 PM

CB4 was fucking awesome.

Str8 outta Locash.

I'm blacker than black ya'll.

Sweat of my balls!
     Reply #20 - June 12, 2010, 03:18 PM

4. fuck him

My thoughts exactly after I watched this onerous video he did on the hijab:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4jQi0Gjy3M

For all the videos he's made that make Muslims feel good about themselves (and I was one who felt it), Baba Ali is still one of those creeps who obsesses about concealing the female body.

He uses all the old tricks in order:

1.) It's so the woman can be appreciated for her mind and not her body.
    So why are there so few female presidents of Islamic councils, women fuqaha etc.? Moreover, how are women and men 'spiritually' equal in Islam if somehow they are temporally unequal?

2.) No one is against nuns covering.
    Nuns live in convents and don't work or raise families. He's comparing oranges and apples.

3.) Guys don't look at a woman's kindness if she's half-way undressed.
    Hmmm....so the indigenous Chumash of California whose women were topless didn't appreciate their women as anything but sex objects? That would have been terribly awkward as the men were usually completely nude and presumably (if Ali's thesis is sound) in a state of perpetual bonerhood.

He goes on to say that women wear hijab for various reasons and not just religious ones but fails to mention the overwhelming social pressures in some Muslim communities. He clearly hasn't read Samira Belill's book where she writes about the gang rapes she was subjected to because she willingly lost her virginity at 13. Women in some communities cover for "protection" lest they be seen as "cat's meat". How is this free choice? How is it even a choice if God requires you wear it? Then he rabbits on about what constitutes improper hijab. A man telling women how to dress.

So yes, fuck Baba Ali.

The language of the mob was only the language of public opinion cleansed of hypocrisy and restraint - Hannah Arendt.
     Reply #21 - June 12, 2010, 04:01 PM

I love you abdalwali.
     Reply #22 - June 12, 2010, 04:06 PM

He always seemed a bit creepy and smug when I watched his videos.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #23 - June 12, 2010, 04:14 PM

I haven't seen too many of his videos so I can't say if he was creepy, but I can't stand religious videos and I wasn't interest in them as a muslim either. I can't stand people telling me how to think or how to behave which is ironic I know since I was a muslim but my belief was grounded in God first and foremost and then Islam. And from there I refused to have anybody telling me what to think. Which made it difficult for me as a Shia because you have to follow a marja. If you're gonna preach do it rationally with solid arguments. And I don't see that in any of the dawa videos. My "fuck him" reply was merely reactionary because I can't stand the stance or material from the onset.

God I'm glad I left that shit.
     Reply #24 - June 12, 2010, 04:19 PM

He believed in black magic BEFORE Islam.
    Nuff said.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy now thats fucked up!

Fuck Him!

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #25 - June 12, 2010, 06:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbDeEvMgQ1k&playnext_from=TL&videos=2GjyUiqIiUc

Why he converted.
    1. Quran is perfect
    2. The stones he had did not benefit him
    3. Jesus died for your sins so everyone is free of sin

Basically what he is doing is trying to disprove all  the religions, and boost the image of islam. He goes to a camp, suuuure....

4. He explains how people mix together in islam no matter what culture they have. Yet he forgets that the Arabs have more control in islam.
    5. The Quran is simple? Not really it's very bipolar religion and when you argue with muslims they say you are reading the wrong translation.
    6. Islam moves us away from desires. Not really, because if you look at heaven in islam its full of desire.

He is pretty good at doing mental gymnastics to show islam is good stuff.  wacko

Your ego is so out of whack that it will do whatever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they're awesome when really, they're just douchebags!-->Kyle Brolovski

Your ego is so out of whack that it will do whatever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they're awesome when really, they're just douchebags!-->Kyle Brolovski
     Reply #26 - June 12, 2010, 06:33 PM

Did he actually convert to Islam, or is he a "born again" Muslim?
     Reply #27 - June 12, 2010, 07:34 PM

In the you tube video I saw he appeared to be on 'speed' with Allah's permission! Cheesy Cheesy

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #28 - June 12, 2010, 09:31 PM

tool

Reply #29 - June 12, 2010, 11:32 PM

convert.  Roll Eyes

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »