Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: A Campaign To Improve Image Of Islam - "Inspired by Mohammad"

(Read 40990 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Campaign Launched To Improve Image Of Islam
     Reply #270 - June 18, 2010, 02:46 AM

My personal conclusion is that the US is the least racist country in the world.

Cheesy

You just haven't had a broad enough experience of this country, where people are exceptionally friendly to strangers/visitors in general, and most of your time was spent in one state, to arrive at that conclusion.

Your statement is directly contradicted by the race-based politics and history of this country. That being said, I'll grant you there are many, many other countries where racism is currently worse than the US.

And even if your own experiences was enough evidence to draw such a conclusion, you haven't been to every other country, so you still couldn't say it's the least racist country in the world.

fuck you
     Reply #271 - June 18, 2010, 03:00 AM

And even if your own experiences was enough evidence to draw such a conclusion, you haven't been to every other country, so you still couldn't say it's the least racist country in the world.

you're right, ok, so I'll fix that. I *guess* the US is the least racist country in the world. 

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #272 - June 18, 2010, 05:23 AM

Quote from: BlackDog
    That's hate speech and hell no it is not allowed. I would not stand for somebody saying that. And I would not stand for somebody beating him up, that's not right either. But I would call the cops and I would press charges.

Calling somebody a nigger is a horrible thing. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can spew out racist vitriol.

What about religious vitriol recited from a "holy book"? For example:

The Kafirs, among the People of the book and the idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings. (Koran 98:6)

Would you also qualify that as hate speech?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #273 - June 18, 2010, 05:25 AM

The Kafirs, among the People of the book and the idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings. (Koran 98:6)

What about my question to you regarding the BNP?
     Reply #274 - June 18, 2010, 05:30 AM

Quote from: Q-Man
    3. You can't always judge how someone thinks based solely on how they act in front of you. The American South is an excellent example. I knew tons of Southerners who would be sickly sweet and ridiculously polite to Black folks, then the minute they are away from them and amongst other White-skinned people it's nigger this and nigger that.

Therefore one shouldn't judge MUSLIMS solely on how they act in front of you? They might appear to "nice" to a non-Muslims' face but harbor all sorts of hostile emotions, thoughts and intentions towards us and the minute they are away from us it's kafir this and kafir that? Do you think that is a valid comparision? If no please explain your reasoning.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #275 - June 18, 2010, 05:31 AM

What about my question to you regarding the BNP?

What was the question?

Reply #276 - June 18, 2010, 05:36 AM

Iblis said:
    Quote from: Iblis
    I personally believe in taking poops on BNP'ers heads,

To which you replied:
    Why?

So are you defending the BNP?
    If I said "I personally believe in taking poops on Islamists heads", would reply with "why"?

Reply #277 - June 18, 2010, 05:50 AM

I think the BNP are racist scumbags. However, that they seek to profit from peoples legitimate concerns about Islam is an indictment of a political left do not regard these concerns as legitimate and are prone to knee-jerk cries of "racism" against those of us who suggest that the presence of Islam in our midst is not an unmitigated blessing.

Reply #278 - June 18, 2010, 05:54 AM

OK.
     Reply #279 - June 18, 2010, 07:01 AM

Yes
     Reply #280 - June 22, 2010, 01:59 PM

Therefore one shouldn't judge MUSLIMS solely on how they act in front of you? They might appear to "nice" to a non-Muslims' face but harbor all sorts of hostile emotions, thoughts and intentions towards us and the minute they are away from us it's kafir this and kafir that? Do you think that is a valid comparision? If no please explain your reasoning.

I said u cant "always" judge and my comment was bout ppl in generul, so it wuld apply 2 Muslims, Xians, whoever cuz they r all ppl, rite?

Now teech me ur skillz

fuck you
     Reply #281 - June 22, 2010, 02:14 PM

So you'll forgive me if I don't take the "friendliness" of some smiling beardy in a corner shop at face value.

Regarding your own question. Visit my website:

http://www.howtogetitonwithwimmingoatsandotherfarmyardanimals.org/

Reply #282 - June 22, 2010, 03:01 PM

May I suggest changing the title of this thread to "So Did Muhammad", or at least adding this phrase to the title?

This would improve the ranking of this thread in google searches. I believe that in the coming days/weeks more and more people would start searching this catch phrase on the internet.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #283 - June 22, 2010, 03:07 PM

Either that, or add "Inspired by Muhammad".

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
  • Re: A Campaign To Improve Image Of Islam - "Inspired by Mohammad"
     Reply #284 - June 24, 2010, 06:53 AM

This subject will be discussed on BBC1's "The Big Question" on Sunday morn - Maryam asked if I could go as rep for CEMB but unfortunately my present circumstances mean I am unable. Unfortunately she can't make it either :(
  • Re: A Campaign To Improve Image Of Islam - "Inspired by Mohammad"
     Reply #285 - June 24, 2010, 06:57 AM

I did send the BBC Researcher this email though:

Hi *******,

Unfortunately my family circumstances mean I am unable to attend, though believe me I wish I could as I have a great deal to say on this matter, not least is that instead of an expensive campaign to convince non-Muslims Islam is a religion of Peace they should spend it trying to convince Muslims Islam is a religion of Peace.

Don't get me wrong I have enormous empathy for Muslims as an ex-Muslim myself and with family who are still Muslim.

But the reason Islam has such a bad image is not simply because of media bias, but because most Muslims still hold beliefs that are quite simply unacceptable in this day and age.

Shouldn't they aim this campaign at the very many Muslims in the UK like Dr Muhammad Mukadam who thinks I should be taken out to a public place and beheaded for leaving Islam? Or Muslims like Anjem Chaudhury who want to impose a 7th century barbaric system of law on the UK. Or the very many Muslims who daily defend acts of violence and terrorism. Or the very many Muslims who call for those who criticise Islam to be silenced while they are free to insult anyone they like - and you won't find a book that insults other religions more, than the Qur'an!

Why don't they have a media campaign highlighting the Honour Killing, Wife beating, and intimidation of ex-Muslims that goes on daily and is one of the reasons I and many others cannot come on TV and speak freely!

I wish I could come on and say all that but I can't - maybe in the future when my situation changes.

By the way you might like to visit the Council of Ex-Muslims internet forum where we have over 1500 members who would love the opportunity to speak out but most cannot even come out to their families out of fear of the consequences.

Thank the non-existent God for brave people like Maryam Namazie - who if there is a God should be awarded the highest place in paradise!

Ameen! Wink

Best wishes,

Hassan

btw Dr Muhammad Mukadam who believes apostates should be executed is the Chair of the Association of Muslim Schools in the UK - an umbrella organisation for all Muslim Schools in the UK - including Islamia School founded by Yusuf Islam - where I used to be a teacher!
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »