Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: A Campaign To Improve Image Of Islam - "Inspired by Mohammad"

(Read 41040 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 9 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Campaign Launched To Improve Image Of Islam
     Reply #180 - June 15, 2010, 09:20 AM

Yes, I think a large percentage of them will have a fairly clear idea.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #181 - June 15, 2010, 09:23 AM

Hassan, a response of yours to my above post appears to have disappeared before I could reply to it. Any idea where it might have gone?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #182 - June 15, 2010, 09:24 AM

Yes, I think a large percentage of them will have a fairly clear idea.

That's good news. And you're OK with most non-Muslims in the UK viewing Islam as an irredeemably nasty religion?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #183 - June 15, 2010, 09:26 AM

I don't mind if they think that.

Reply #184 - June 15, 2010, 09:29 AM

Hassan, a response of yours to my above post appears to have disappeared before I could reply to it. Any idea where it might have gone?

I deleted it - decided can't be bothered discussing anything with you.
     Reply #185 - June 15, 2010, 09:34 AM

Quote from: osmanthus
    I don't mind if they think that.

So you'd support UK non-Muslims campaigning against  mosques being built in their neighborhoods for no other reason than they don't want a place of worship of such an iredeemably nasty religion anywhere near their homes? Would you?

Reply #186 - June 15, 2010, 09:36 AM

I deleted it - decided can't be bothered discussing anything with you.

That's a pity, because I am more than happy to discuss things with you.

Reply #187 - June 15, 2010, 09:47 AM

So you'd support UK non-Muslims campaigning against  mosques being built in their neighborhoods for no other reason than they don't want a place of worship of such an iredeemably nasty religion anywhere near their homes? Would you?

Nope. I'd tell them to stop being such bloody idiots.

Reply #188 - June 15, 2010, 09:59 AM

Nope. I'd tell them to stop being such bloody idiots

Why would you do that?

Reply #189 - June 15, 2010, 10:07 AM

Gee, let's see. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there laws about freedom of belief and freedom of religion?

Reply #190 - June 15, 2010, 10:17 AM

Gee, let's see. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there laws about freedom of belief and freedom of religion?

There are indeed.  However, we are talking about people opposing the BUILDING OF MOSQUES in their neighborhoods - not opposing peoples freedom of belief or freedom of religion.

Reply #191 - June 15, 2010, 10:21 AM

Oh I see. So it isn't the religion or the beliefs that are a threat to them, it's those damned mosques. It all makes sense now. Of course we should ban them then. After all, freedom of religion could not possibly include the legal right to build places in which to practice that religion providing they comply with the local building code and town planning guide.

Reply #192 - June 15, 2010, 10:35 AM

Oh I see. So it isn't the religion or the beliefs that are a threat to them,

Sorry, is that a statement or a question? I do regard Islamic religious beliefs as a threat to non-Muslims in that they cause Muslims to engage in behavior that interferes with and jeopardizes non-Muslims personal freedom and physical safety. What about you? The fewer people who hold these beliefs the better. Don't you agree?

After all, freedom of religion could not possibly include the legal right to build places in which to practice that religion providing they comply with the local building code and town planning guide.

I can see why people who regard Islam as an irredeemably nasty religion - an attitude which you've stated above you're perfectly OK with -  might object to having one of its places of worship located in their neighborhood. Can't you?

Reply #193 - June 15, 2010, 10:39 AM

You are ignoring the fact that Muslims, like any other group of people, have a legal right to build whatever they like as long as it complies with the local codes.

Reply #194 - June 15, 2010, 10:48 AM

Sorry, is that a statement or a question? I do regard Islamic religious beliefs as a threat to non-Muslims in that they cause Muslims to engage in behavior that interferes with and jeopardizes non-Muslims personal freedom and physical safety. What about you? The fewer people who hold these beliefs the better. Don't you agree?

So what then? Do you want to enact laws regulating what people believe?

I personally believe in taking poops on BNP'ers heads, but guess what I'm not going to be arrested until I actually do it. I don't know what totalitarian and backwards culture you're from but in the west we don't make laws or regulate peoples beliefs. We discuss and debate it in an open forum. Maybe you should move to Saudi Arabia or sumtin.

L@t3r d00d.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #195 - June 15, 2010, 10:53 AM

You are ignoring the fact that Muslims, like any other group of people, have a legal right to build whatever they like as long as it complies with the local codes.

So you would tell the mosque opposers to "stop being such bloody idiots" on those grounds alone - not because you regard their reasons for not wanting a mosque built near them as "bloody idiotic". Does that sum up your position accurately?

Reply #196 - June 15, 2010, 10:55 AM

So what then? Do you want to enact laws regulating what people believe?

Where did I say that?

I personally believe in taking poops on BNP'ers heads,

Why?

Reply #197 - June 15, 2010, 10:57 AM

So you would tell the mosque opposers to "stop being such bloody idiots" on those grounds alone - not because you regard their reasons for not wanting a mosque built near them as "bloody idiotic". Does that sum up your position accurately?

Not quite. Smiley

Reply #198 - June 15, 2010, 10:58 AM

Why?

Allah told me 2.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #199 - June 15, 2010, 11:07 AM

Not quite. Smiley

So please provide a numbered list of the reasons why you would tell mosque opposers to "stop being such bloody idiots".

Reply #200 - June 15, 2010, 11:08 AM

Numbered list?

What about religious freedom?

I wouldn't want a fucking mormon church in my neighbourhood either, but people have the right to build their houses of worship in Canada.

Reply #201 - June 15, 2010, 11:12 AM

So please provide a numbered list of the reasons why you would tell mosque opposers to "stop being such bloody idiots".

1/ Because it will annoy the fuck out of DH.

2/ See 1/

Reply #202 - June 15, 2010, 11:18 AM

1/ Because it will annoy the fuck out of DH.

2/ See 1/

Right, I'm not going to get anything else out of you. Thanks for playing along as much as you did....and do have a serious think about my last questions even though they may lead you to conclusions you don't want to draw.

Reply #203 - June 15, 2010, 11:22 AM

I wouldn't want a fucking mormon church in my neighbourhood either,

Why not?

Reply #204 - June 15, 2010, 11:22 AM

I have no need to think seriously about your questions. They don't raise any points I haven't already considered. All they are is a narrow-minded and monomaniacal attempt to push your personal agenda. We're used to this as it's par for the course for you. You never talk to anyone in an attempt to learn anything new. I was just amusing myself and passing the time while I was waiting for a late night online meeting to start. It has started. 

Reply #205 - June 15, 2010, 11:23 AM

1 because mormons are racists and believe in stupid shit, im not white so this offends me
    2 because they constanly go door to door bugging people and I will be forced to troll them
    3 because they are mormons!!!

Reply #206 - June 15, 2010, 11:25 AM

4 they wear weird underwear
    5 they build massive churces i dont like this, why can they pray in cellars like normal retards?
    6 they have ugly wives
     Reply #207 - June 15, 2010, 11:35 AM

But seriously guys. Copy and paste the words [inc quotes]

"mormon phobia"

and

"Mormonophobia" into google and see how many hits you get.

Then do the same with:

"Islamophobia"

This c200 yr old US Christian subcult comes no where near Islam in generating a "phobia" about it in western society - not even in its homeland the USA!

Reply #208 - June 15, 2010, 11:39 AM

Uh, so what?

Point is, as much as I dislike their beliefs I'm not going protest them building a church.

Reply #209 - June 15, 2010, 11:40 AM

Quote from: ["osmanthus"
    All they are is a narrow-minded and monomaniacal attempt to push your personal agenda.

And what do you see as my "personal agenda"?

• Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 9 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »