Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello. I'm Not a Muslim. I'm a Hindu

(Read 3513 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello. I'm Not a Muslim. I'm a Hindu
     OP - June 01, 2010, 10:57 PM

In all honestly agnostic, but iIve started to read more about Hinduism and like an advert for hair products, i'm happy with the results.

Full Disclosure I came this way via the EDL. I was intrigued enough to sign up here reading some of the threads. If you would be so kind, i'll potter around have a look see and ask some questions when I have them.

Cheers

If you ask me to define anything i will slap you with my pimp hand and make you cry like a biatch.

Nick Naylor: "I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right."~ Thank you for Smoking

Perspective
  • Re: Hello. I'm Not a Muslim. I'm a Hindu
     Reply #1 - June 02, 2010, 04:01 AM

Hi and welcome Smiley
     Reply #2 - June 02, 2010, 04:13 AM

Welcome to the forum. signwelcome Greetings hugs

Was there a link on the EDL site or something?

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #3 - June 02, 2010, 05:56 AM

indirectly... there was a link to a video on youtube by Nessrriinn entitled "sharia law... again...." ( the video on youtube was banned, but a list was provided to see the original video)and on her profile was a link to this site.

If you ask me to define anything i will slap you with my pimp hand and make you cry like a biatch.

Nick Naylor: "I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right."~ Thank you for Smoking

Perspective
     Reply #4 - June 02, 2010, 06:15 AM

Hi Human Target, welcome to the forum.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #5 - June 02, 2010, 09:24 AM

whats EDL?
     Reply #6 - June 02, 2010, 10:47 AM

English Defence League
     Reply #7 - June 02, 2010, 11:18 AM

Hello and welcome  Afro

May I ask, what sect of Hinduism you are part of? There are lots of different philosophies in Hinduism, after all
     Reply #8 - June 02, 2010, 11:19 AM

victory
    hi and welcome
     Reply #9 - June 02, 2010, 11:49 AM

signwelcome to the forum.
    So tell us what u think about hinduism... popcorn.
    I thought EDL was racist or something.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #10 - June 02, 2010, 02:48 PM

In all honestly My knowledge about Hinduism is minuscule. I'm reading about it at the moment because, well i came to the stage in life where i felt i need to get in touch and understanding spirituality. Call it my mid  life crisis! religion on a whole, as a topic I've been remiss in understanding and learning from it.

I'm Gujarati, but cant fully speak in my native tongue nor write, so all the books I've read are essentially translations. My own personal thoughts about rebirth the afterlife, karma and the existence of hell I've found are more r less in alignment with Hinduism. I don't know if that's exposure to my culture and its somehow become ingrained or seeped into my head. But i'm actually quite chuffed that it's starting to make sense to me, simply because i don't think i would have been mature enough to fully appreciate concepts and ideas earlier in my life.

I've also been reading up on atheist view point like sam Harris and richard dawkins to get a rounded idea of other viewpoints, which is probably one of the reasons why i stopped by and joined up.

In Regards to the EDL they're against extreme islam. I lurked n their boards for a while before i felt comfortable to join up and join in discussions. The media has painted a extreme right wing group which i dont belive they are. They're not a formal party, but a movement for all to join, but has his fair share of infiltrators which they are making efforts to remove.

...Anyhow.. that's me! i look forward to having a read of topics and occasionally adding to the conversation.

Perspective
     Reply #11 - June 02, 2010, 02:58 PM

victory
    hi and welcome

Hi!

I wanted to say i thought your poem was actually quite moving and lovely. Was a couple of the stills you used from the film the stoning of soraya m?

Perspective
     Reply #12 - June 02, 2010, 03:22 PM

Hello there! Welcome to the boards  Smiley
    I hope you enjoy the banter here and also find some intellectually interesting!!

Reply #13 - June 02, 2010, 03:40 PM

Welcome. I'm Gujarati too. I probably read this wrong, so sorry if I sound stupid 001_tongue but did you become interested in Hinduism because of a hair care product?
     Reply #14 - June 02, 2010, 05:54 PM

uh no. i was trying to be witty and failed miserably! Cry

although that would be a miracle as due to ever continuing male pattern baldness i shave my head!

Perspective
     Reply #15 - June 02, 2010, 05:55 PM

signwelcome and enjoy your stay

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - June 03, 2010, 09:39 AM

Fuck the EDL

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #17 - June 03, 2010, 09:56 AM

Parrot for you and bienvenue.  parrot

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #18 - June 03, 2010, 10:45 AM

Bienvenue!
     Reply #19 - June 03, 2010, 10:47 AM

Greetings and salutations!  Greetings

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #20 - June 03, 2010, 11:59 AM

Im gujarati too! I know Hindi too.  I know how to read and write a little bit of both.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #21 - June 03, 2010, 08:25 PM

Welcome Smiley

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #22 - June 03, 2010, 09:00 PM

bien venidos! Hola! Como estas? Sentate y descansate. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #23 - June 03, 2010, 09:04 PM

everyone,  thnkyu you've all been very kind and welcoming.

Perspective
     Reply #24 - June 04, 2010, 03:31 AM

bien venidos! Hola! Como estas? Sentate y descansate. 

You getting that spanish tick again? Hm, I think we need to have a second trip to Arizona, that will cure the tick right off! Smiley

btw a documentary about the shit that happened in Arizona would have a great title with "Raising Arizona"

dance
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »