Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I am a FRESH ex Muslim ;)

(Read 36571 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: I am a FRESH ex Muslim ;)
     Reply #30 - May 31, 2010, 08:31 AM

Hello and welcome, DarkEyed 09 hugs

You are very brave. And I must say, judging from their reactions, your parents sound pretty cool!

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #31 - May 31, 2010, 09:15 AM

hello darkeyed9, welcome to kaffir kingdom..... grin12 grin12  really brave of u to leave islam...have a wonderful stay, there are loads of intelectuals here....Hassan (PBUH) leads the line  Cheesy Cheesy

"There aint no devil, it's just God when he's drunk"- Tom Waits
     Reply #32 - May 31, 2010, 10:43 AM

man, you people sure have some sordid tales of people sneaking on you while reading atheistic material Cheesy i can't believe the freedom i've had in a liberal hindu family.
     Reply #33 - May 31, 2010, 10:53 AM

Any ways... Thank you, Hassan. Smiley I hope you and your friend are safe.

Thanks, Darkeyed9 - glad to have you on board  far away hug
     Reply #34 - May 31, 2010, 10:55 AM

man, you people sure have some sordid tales of people sneaking on you while reading atheistic material Cheesy i can't believe the freedom i've had in a liberal hindu family.

Is it just me who finds your tone condescending & conceit?  

You remind me of Hindu's I've known in the past,  always quick to look down on our way of life and find ways of looking superior.  Apologies if I am jumping the gun but I felt this way in a few previous posts of yours too.

While you have a point, I still feel Hindu culture suffers from own set problems and also has a lot to learn & to change.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #35 - May 31, 2010, 11:20 AM

+1
     Reply #36 - May 31, 2010, 11:21 AM

Greetings and salutations, Darkeyed9:
     Greetings

I'm pleased to hear about a Saudi leaving Islam.  That must have been a VERY big step to come out to your family like that!   Here's a hug for you:
    Big hug

You picked the perfect time to take off your hijab, IMO.  Just in time for the Great American Summer.  I learnt from my hijabi experience that hijab + 120 degree heat = STUPID!

If you're ever in the Pacific Northwest after July you should pm me and we can hook up!

Once again,  signwelcome

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #37 - May 31, 2010, 11:56 AM

Congratulations DarkEyed9 and welcome to the forum!  far away hug
     Reply #38 - May 31, 2010, 12:05 PM

friends actually recorded me taking off my hijab in a public area

Reminds me of this video if you havent seen it already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb2YOg_dkQM&playnext_from=TL&videos=kwAwmhis7nc

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #39 - May 31, 2010, 12:32 PM

oh absolutely not. i meant to express that i just feel lucky about the freedom i take for granted in contrast to the difficulties you people go through. thats all. sorry if it came across as condescending.
     Reply #40 - May 31, 2010, 12:33 PM

actually, i should've used the Smiley smiley instead of Cheesy. that probably caused the confusion.
     Reply #41 - May 31, 2010, 01:06 PM

Not really. Cheesy is mocking, but Smiley looks a little smug!

Just playing with you, don't mind me. Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #42 - May 31, 2010, 01:07 PM

oh absolutely not. i meant to express that i just feel lucky about the freedom i take for granted in contrast to the difficulties you people go through. thats all. sorry if it came across as condescending.

No probs - just get the feeling of "Poor backward muslims, look how liberal & advanced we are", like I said I have had that attitude from Hindus in the past and it riles me.  

Hindus, certainly NOT- they are many cultural traits such as competitiveness, arranged marriages, castes, low status of women to name just a few that I would not be proud of, but I could carry on...

They are still VERY VERY backward when compared to the West  and I am sure I dont need to tell you that.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #43 - May 31, 2010, 01:12 PM

I'm sure S... Huh? did not mean harm.
     Reply #44 - May 31, 2010, 01:14 PM

And welcome, OP, seriously Apostate a day.
     Reply #45 - May 31, 2010, 01:29 PM

apologize again. no offense was intended. i was just speaking for myself and not all hindus. gosh i botched up my intent in that remark  Smiley
     Reply #46 - May 31, 2010, 01:32 PM

there is a slight underlying truth however, as i realize later. reading is not discouraged in hinduism. there is no halaal or haraam literature. that wasn't my point originally though.
     Reply #47 - May 31, 2010, 01:37 PM

Sorry, not sure what you mean.  There is a slight underlying truth to what exactly?  Do you mean Hinduism and Hindu culture isnt backwards?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #48 - May 31, 2010, 01:40 PM

He meant nobody is gonna get their burka/beard in a knot if they catch you reading something inappropriate

i guess that extends to anti-hindu texts?
     Reply #49 - May 31, 2010, 01:43 PM

i mean, the fact that kids in a hindu family aren't bothered by elders / relatives / siblings much about what they read, probably across all levels of society. knowledge is considered a gift, even knowledge dangerous to belief. anyways, i don't want to take the spotlight away from the new apostate.
     Reply #50 - May 31, 2010, 01:45 PM

Most probably, I also think this true just as Indian culture is becoming more liberal. I was pretty surprised when my Indian friend said "I have been brought up Jain (a really separate sect of Hinduism) but I am allowed to leave if I want, it is up to me, my parents said this.", also he said "My parents don't care who I bring home as a partner, they could be from any religion."
     Reply #51 - May 31, 2010, 01:49 PM

jains are the most enlightened people in india. 100% literacy and high levels of professional success.
     Reply #52 - May 31, 2010, 01:54 PM

I can see why, they are very enlightened, his dad is a Chemical Engineer and his mum is an Economist.
     Reply #53 - May 31, 2010, 01:58 PM

Sorry OP bout this convo, haha. It's so civilised tho.
     Reply #54 - May 31, 2010, 01:59 PM

"My parents don't care who I bring home as a partner, they could be from any religion."

Most Hindu parents would not be happy at all if their kids brought home a Muslim or a black guy.

jains are the most enlightened people in india. 100% literacy and high levels of professional success.

Yes they are, along with the Zorastrians.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #55 - May 31, 2010, 02:05 PM

True just saying though that this guys parents are the epitome of lovelyness and actually want their children to want to be Jains and also want their children to find somebody they like.
     Reply #56 - May 31, 2010, 02:10 PM

Welcome to the forum DARKEYE9!!

Congratulations on shedding your faith and your hijab! It was interesting to read your story and hope to read more of your posts in future.
    Good luck on progressing towards independance. You sound like a very smart young woman  Afro

Reply #57 - May 31, 2010, 02:12 PM

You're from Saudi/UAE!? Wow, you're really brave Afro.  I think we have one more person who's from Saudi on this site.  Hope you like it among us GODLESS HEATHENS.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #58 - May 31, 2010, 02:22 PM

Most Hindu parents would not be happy at all if their kids brought home a Muslim or a black guy.

Agreed.  My cousin married a Bangladeshi Muslim but when my cousin told my Aunt (my Dad's sister) would cry and cry.  My dad had to convince my aunt that it's okey and had to calm her down.  My dad is a really good man because he's always looked at other people as people instead of races or religion. 

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #59 - May 31, 2010, 02:35 PM

I'll be honest with you. I think alot of parents of every infidel background would be wary if their son or daughter wanted to marry a Muslim, and would feel much relief if it didn't come with strings attached, ie, that they were marrying a truly secular Muslim and that their child was not going to be forced or expected to convert and become very Islamic in attitude. And as much as it pains me to say it, this would be especially true if one has a daughter who was marrying into a religious Muslim family, because of the inherent inequalities she would be subject to in such a dynamic.

Having said that, if any of my nieces and nephews or eventual sons or daughter wanted to marry a religious Muslim I would apply the simple test - whatever makes them happy. As long as they are treated with respect and dignity and are not abused and are happy - that is all that matters.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Previous page 1 23 4 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »