Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I am a FRESH ex Muslim ;)

(Read 36642 times)
  • 12 3 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I am a FRESH ex Muslim ;)
     OP - May 30, 2010, 11:17 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm a new ex muslim. I recently turned away from Islam. I've known about this site but I never really joined it. I finally did hehe. I'm new so I don't really know that many of you except for the ones I met on Youtube.

I just wanted to introduce myself a little... here you go. Smiley

Salam infidels Wink parrot
  • Re: I am a FRESH ex Muslim ;)
     Reply #1 - May 30, 2010, 11:26 PM

hello DARKEYED9 and  signwelcome
     Reply #2 - May 30, 2010, 11:28 PM

Welcome to the forum, DARKEYED9. Smiley

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #3 - May 30, 2010, 11:29 PM

Welcome to the forum. hugs

Could you tell us a bit more about yourself, if you feel comfortable about it.

Who's that in the avatar by the way? Just curious.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #4 - May 30, 2010, 11:29 PM

Hi DARKEYED9 and welcome  Smiley - (I'm discussislam btw - I think we spoke - I mean PM'd lol.)
     Reply #5 - May 30, 2010, 11:30 PM

Welcome to Infidel HQ  Afro
     Reply #6 - May 30, 2010, 11:36 PM

btw DARKEYED9 since your fresh ex-muslim i would like to present our official apostasy song:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2px8b_kool-the-gang-celebration_music
     Reply #7 - May 30, 2010, 11:37 PM

Oh goody. A fresh one! Some of the old ones were getting a bit stale.  dance

Welcome to the forum. Cool avatar.  Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - May 30, 2010, 11:39 PM

Hi DarkEyed (its me from facebook)

Great avatar by the way  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - May 30, 2010, 11:40 PM

Welcome DarkEyeD9!

I'm kinda fresh too but when I first read 'fresh' I thought you meant that you were fresh of the boat from some part of Asia  Cheesy

Against boredom even Allah struggles in vain.
     Reply #10 - May 30, 2010, 11:44 PM

Welcome to the forum! Smiley

I remember when I was a fresh ex-Muslim, it felt very liberating indeed to rid my mind of the mumbo jumbo.

Reply #11 - May 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

Fresh off the faith. Must be exciting! Welcome! Smiley

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #12 - May 30, 2010, 11:48 PM

Hi and welcome DARKEYED09.  Smiley

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #13 - May 30, 2010, 11:57 PM

Hassan, yes I remember you, your blog, and wonderful videos. Your blog actually helped me when I was considering turning away from Islam. I was still Muslim at the time but I was questioning. Actually, your blog got me into trouble :( lol. I was in my university's library and I was reading your blog with my hijab on and all. My friend (muslimah) sneaked up behind me and said hey and all that. Then she was reading what was on the monitor... which was your blog! Oh man was my heart beating so hard! She was questioning me very hard... why I was reading it.

Any ways... Thank you, Hassan. Smiley I hope you and your friend are safe.

Thank you for being so welcoming everyone!

A little about myself:
    I'm 18 years old. I don't live with my family for the time being. They're very... hard to live with. I was raised in a Muslim (Sunni) family. I was born in the US. I worked very hard to be able to dorm and it was hard to go but things worked out alhamdolillah!! hehe. None of my family knows.

I'm a student. I don't really know what else to say unless you have any specific questions. That's not me in the picture but it's basically some woman in a burqa and her legs out... and a cigarette. I don't smoke by the way. I just thought it was a very artsy photo.

Reply #14 - May 31, 2010, 12:01 AM

Bonjour darkeye  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #15 - May 31, 2010, 12:06 AM

Hello, Darkeye.  Smiley

I certainly hope everything works out well for you. I imagine it can't be easy leaving Islam when your family and the other people you know are all Muslims.
     Reply #16 - May 31, 2010, 12:08 AM

Thanks for the info. Afro
    I too had many, many moments when my heart suddenly started beating like hell, because one of my brothers entered the room suddenly and I was watching some Richard Dawkins video. Cheesy
    For goodness sake, why can't Muslims allow some free-thought? If they are so confident that their religion is correct, why are they so scared of free inquiry?

Anyway, hope everything goes well for you.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #17 - May 31, 2010, 12:17 AM

signwelcome to the forum!
    Hope you like it here.
    What nationality are you? Are you an atheist now?  Why did u leave Islam specifically? Do you still wear your hijab?
    I like being nosy but you dont have to answer all the questions.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #18 - May 31, 2010, 12:48 AM

My family is from Saudi Arabia/UAE. Yes, I know. Ouch. I was suppose to be going back to Saudi this summer but I signed up for summer classes purposely so I couldn't go. Go for what? What will I be able to do there? I'm an atheist now. And I just took off my hijab last week. Smiley The most liberating feeling I've ever felt.
     Reply #19 - May 31, 2010, 12:55 AM

My family is from Saudi Arabia/UAE. Yes, I know. Ouch. I was suppose to be going back to Saudi this summer but I signed up for summer classes purposely so I couldn't go. Go for what? What will I be able to do there? I'm an atheist now. And I just took off my hijab last week. Smiley The most liberating feeling I've ever felt.

Good move, no point in going to Saudi!

If you don't mind me asking, how did your family react to you taking off the hijab? You are so brave, well done! Smiley

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #20 - May 31, 2010, 01:06 AM

Welcome to the Forum DarkEyed9

Hope to learn a lot from you as you can hope to learn from us  Afro

If you don't mind me asking, what part of US are you from?
     Reply #21 - May 31, 2010, 01:19 AM

Thank you. My few but really good atheist friends actually recorded me taking off my hijab in a public area LOL but no one was really around.

At first, I decided to only take off my hijab when I'm out and when I return to my family, to have it on. But I remembered as a Muslimah, I hated girls who did that. Either you wear it or not. I felt that was a way of deceiving yourself. I was very scared... but I told them in a nice tone that I simply don't feel it in my heart anymore. I don't want to wear it. Mind you, I used to LOVE hijab and I always tried to convert girls. Yes, I was one of those. I actually "inspired" one of my classmates in high school to wear it. I feel so bad now. My father was upset but he didn't really care too much... we don't have the best relationship. My mother was actually embarrassed of my choice.

We were invited to a family gathering and she told me to wear it or to make up some lame medical excuse or something along those lines as to why I wasn't wearing it. That made me very angry and gloomy so I just didn't go to the gathering.

They're not proud of me. It's OK because I'm learning to become independent. It's very tough though. I was so sheltered in the past but I'm getting there, one step at a time. And being free from Islam allowed me become aware of my rights as a human being and made me become less dependent on men (my brother and father) and more independent.
     Reply #22 - May 31, 2010, 01:39 AM

Very interesting story DarkEyed9. Afro  It certainly helps getting independent and self-reliant if you are an apostate.

Regarding your story, you should go to those girls you tried to convert and take it back.whistling2
    Reminds me of an old joke:
    What do you get when you cross an Atheist with a Jehovah's Witness?.... Someone who knocks at your door for no apparent reason.

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #23 - May 31, 2010, 02:45 AM

Welcome!  Wink
     Reply #24 - May 31, 2010, 02:54 AM

Welcome !!

far away hug

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #25 - May 31, 2010, 04:16 AM

Welcome DarkEyed9 hugs

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #26 - May 31, 2010, 04:26 AM

DARKEYED9
    A little about myself:
    I'm 18 years old. I don't live with my family for the time being. They're very... hard to live with. I was raised in a Muslim (Sunni) family. I was born in the US. I worked very hard to be able to dorm and it was hard to go but things worked out alhamdolillah!! hehe. None of my family knows.

I'm a student. I don't really know what else to say unless you have any specific questions. That's not me in the picture but it's basically some woman in a burqa and her legs out... and a cigarette. I don't smoke by the way. I just thought it was a very artsy photo.

There is a huge responsibility on  young people like you who understands religions. So  I Welcome you to CEMB with this video  dear DARKEYED9.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jByfWOLmjo

Just curious,  what makes you to question Islam at such an young age., aftre all you are just out of high school..  Do you question all religions or just Islam?

with best wisjes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #27 - May 31, 2010, 06:28 AM

Hi and welcome Smiley
     Reply #28 - May 31, 2010, 07:57 AM

I just took off my hijab last week. Smiley The most liberating feeling I've ever felt.

hehe, and so many women say it's liberating to put one on.

Anyway, welcome to the filthy kuff club!

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #29 - May 31, 2010, 08:17 AM

bien venidos Smiley Welcome and here is your complementary parrot  parrot

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
  • 12 3 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »