Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Problems Registering

(Read 5221 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Problems Registering
     OP - May 30, 2010, 09:23 PM

This got this message from somebody I know from facebook who's trying to register an account

I tried to register; however, I got the following message again and again.
    "An Error Has Occurred!
    The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture. "
    No matter, I will try next time.

I assume he's doing something wrong, rather than there being a general problem.

In any case, is there anything I should say to advise him what he's doing wrong?

He's quite a political activist, so would be nice to have him here but he's already tried twice and think he might give up ..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Re: Problems Registering
     Reply #1 - May 30, 2010, 09:25 PM

What is the username he is trying to register with?
     Reply #2 - May 30, 2010, 09:26 PM

dunno, he didnt tell me

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #3 - May 30, 2010, 09:33 PM

That sucks. Don't know how I could help. Maybe I should register an account for him and mail him the credentials?

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #4 - May 30, 2010, 09:42 PM

Thanks for the offer Aziz, but I dont think its a system problem.  I know another  DARKEYED9 from facebook managed to login successfully yesterday so i'll let him try to have another go first. 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - May 30, 2010, 10:08 PM

He's not reading the CAPTCHA correctly and getting the letters wrong. I'll turn it down a level to make it easier for him to read.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - May 30, 2010, 10:10 PM

Tell him to try now. Let me know when he's registered too as leaving it at that level makes it a bit too easy for bots.  Afro

Reply #7 - May 30, 2010, 10:12 PM

he's logged out from facebook now   Cry

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - May 30, 2010, 10:17 PM

Whatever. I just don't want to leave it that low permanently. 24 hours or so we can live with.

Reply #9 - May 30, 2010, 10:22 PM

OK, will try & catch him.  He's an oldie from Pakistan and works in the legal field, always starting campaigns to change the Pakistani constitution into a more secular one.  I think dear Yeezvee the Gremlin would spend forever caught in debates with him.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - May 30, 2010, 11:50 PM

Bumped the CAPTCHA back up a notch. It was at maximum before and is at medium now. I'll leave it at that and see how we go for spambots.

I'm assuming the person that just registered is the one you were referring to.

Reply #11 - May 30, 2010, 11:52 PM

No, DarkEyed is a girl I bumped into on facebook yesterday..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #12 - May 30, 2010, 11:55 PM

Ok, well if the other person is an "oldie" then his eyesight may not be what it once was. I'll take the captcha back down a notch again.  grin12

Reply #13 - June 03, 2010, 08:12 PM

Ive got word from him, and I think he is still struggling.  He is wondering if you could help him by doing it another way, I will pm the message he has asked me to send you..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - June 03, 2010, 08:32 PM

Registered him as Ghulam. He should automatically receive the password via e-Mail.

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #15 - June 03, 2010, 08:37 PM

Thanks, Ive let him know via facebook..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - June 03, 2010, 08:38 PM

By the way IsLame, as motivated by you, I started a discussion on the Atheists who were Muslims group on Atheist Nexus to get ex-Muslims there to join the CEOM if they haven't already.
    See http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/atheistswhoweremuslims/forum/topics/the-council-of-exmuslims

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #17 - June 03, 2010, 08:38 PM

Thanks Aziz. Heaven is under your feet.
     Reply #18 - June 03, 2010, 08:39 PM

By the way IsLame, as motivated by you, I started a discussion on the Atheists who were Muslims group on Atheist Nexus to get ex-Muslims there to join the CEOM if they haven't already.
    See http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/atheistswhoweremuslims/forum/topics/the-council-of-exmuslims

thnkyu
     Reply #19 - June 03, 2010, 08:41 PM

Thats great, lets try & get as many ex-muslims to join as poss.  The larger this the membership on this site becomes, the greater in confidence & numbers we grow, the greater the force we become to be reckoned with.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - June 03, 2010, 08:44 PM

no replies yet  Huh? how many active exmuslim members do you reckon they have and is it a bigger site than this one or FFI?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - June 03, 2010, 08:50 PM

Atheist Nexus is a funny site.  There are all kinds of groups and anyone can join any group.  And there is a public forum where anyone (on A/N) can contribute, but within each group there is also a discussion area, and to contribute to discussions within groups, you need to join that group.  (To join a group you just click a button that's all.)   So my point is: not all of the members of this group are ex-Muslims.  Some just have an interest in Islam/Muslims.

Oh, and every member has their own blog area, and photo/video collection, and others can comment on these.

[/end of boring lesson on A/N Wink]

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #22 - June 03, 2010, 08:51 PM

no replies yet  Huh? how many active exmuslim members do you reckon they have and is it a bigger site than this one or FFI?

tbh, most members are very inactive.

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #23 - June 03, 2010, 08:53 PM

Atheist Nexus is a funny site.  There are all kinds of groups and anyone can join any group.  And there is a public forum where anyone (on A/N) can contribute, but within each group there is also a discussion area, and to contribute to discussions within groups, you need to join that group.  (To join a group you just click a button that's all.)   So my point is: not all of the members of this group are ex-Muslims.  Some just have an interest in Islam/Muslims.

Oh, and every member has their own blog area, and photo/video collection, and others can comment on these.

[/end of boring lesson on A/N Wink]

Thanks for the insight - seems like a non-progessive way of doing things.  Its sort of a faceboom-cum-forum but does neither pretty well.  No surprise its not active  Cry

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - June 03, 2010, 08:59 PM

Cheesy it is weird, but at least it is an **atheist-only club**. dance ...it's a social networking site more than anything.

Most of the members seem to be American ex-Christians.

Baloney Detection Kit
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »