Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi everyone

(Read 11739 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hi everyone
     Reply #90 - May 28, 2010, 09:00 PM

And Obama is the Antichrist  Grin
     Reply #91 - May 28, 2010, 09:00 PM

QueenIsabel,
    Can you please respond to the point I made here about belief not being a choice:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10487.msg274802#msg274802

If you don't believe in God, you cannot force yourself to believe.  It is not a choice you have made, so you cannot possibly be punished for it.

(actually I quoted Prince Spinoza)

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #92 - May 28, 2010, 09:04 PM

To add to Zebedee's question:

I have some related questions--

1. Why would an all-powerful and all-knowing (and all-good according to Christian doctrine) being create sentient and self-conscious animals who he knew would disobey him, simply to torture them eternally? How is this moral?

I do not believe God created humans just to torture them, because sending people to hell was not part of the original plan. As for the rest of your question, I do not have an answer.

Because he wants us to be in communion with him.

Christianity teaches that humans are sinful by nature (humanity is messed up ) and because of our sinful nature it prevents us from having a relationship with God and heaven. That is why Jesus was sent to die on the cross, to bear our sins and bring us to God.
    Could you elaborate more on this?

Science has not proven as to whether or not people are born with homosexual tendencies.

Because of this I can only give my personal opinion on homosexuality: I believe homosexuality is unnatural and homosexual sex is a sin. As to whether or not a gay person will go to Hell depends on their relationship with God.

I have no answer to that question

Ok I know will be criticized for this:

I believe God is showing us the way to him. The reason people are not finding him is because they are not listening.

1. I am not a sinner.

2. I did not ask Jesus to do die for me. Fuck him if he wants to claim this on me. I never asked for it. He can send me to hell for all I care, he will never have my respect or love. I will tell him to go and fuck himself for all of eternity. What a douche killing himself in my name and then asking me to go and apoligize for a sin I have never committed. By the way I am from Iraq, we used to have a tyrant. He never had our respect or our love. Jesus/God according to scripture seems to be just like Saddam Hussein, they can all go and fuck themselves. I will never worship/respect/love a tyrant.
     Reply #93 - May 28, 2010, 09:13 PM

And Obama is the Antichrist  Grin

Cheesy
     Reply #94 - May 28, 2010, 09:17 PM

ateapotist link=topic=10487.msg275094#msg275094 date=1275094843]
    QueenIsabel,
    Can you please respond to the point I made here about belief not being a choice:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10487.msg274802#msg274802

If you don't believe in God, you cannot force yourself to believe.  It is not a choice you have made, so you cannot possibly be punished for it.

(actually I quoted Prince Spinoza)

sorry I don't have an answer to your post. Normally I would make an argument for freewill, but by looking at your post, it would be hard for me to make that argument.
     Reply #95 - May 28, 2010, 09:20 PM

victory
    hi and welcome...
     Reply #96 - May 28, 2010, 09:22 PM

Yes

Well, I guess that's why they call it "faith"

That's not the big problem I have with most of the major organized religion. Don't really care if someone thinks the world's age is measured in thousands of years or if they believe some dude in the sky created everything. Those kinds of superstition are relatively harmless. What upsets me is people exalting patently immoral behavior, and even worse, calling the immoral "moral" and the moral "immoral". For the most part*, Christianity has had a negative influence in the world and has stood on the side of oppression, immorality, and injustice. I'd say the same about Islam, but I don't need to sell you on that.

----------------
    *Exceptions would include the Diggers and Levellers, the US Civil Rights movement (although it's not like the churches played a completely positive role here either), the Catholic Worker movement, and the Liberation Theology movement

fuck you
     Reply #97 - May 28, 2010, 11:59 PM

Well ex-muslims and kafirs have a common enemy which is Islam.

Some of my friends are ex-muslims.

I want you to know that most Ex Muslims don't find Muslims or Islam to be their enemy.

If you mean radical extremists, then its a different story

Edit
    Below Thanks Q-Man
     Reply #98 - May 29, 2010, 12:02 AM

Sure you said that the way you wanted to, truth?

fuck you
     Reply #99 - May 29, 2010, 12:05 AM

Fixed
     Reply #100 - May 29, 2010, 06:20 AM

I know there is a contradiction in my statements. That's why I am trying to resolve this issue or I hope to find an answer someday.

There are billions of galaxies in the Universe.
    Each has billions of stars and planets.
    Each is made up of who knows how many atoms, all interacting beautifully.
    The universe is an absolutely amazing place!

Yet you believe the same thing that created all this is incapable of making sense?
    You believe it is incapable of making its wishes clear?
    You think it is okay for this being to be contradictory?

You know those nags in the back of your mind, that's the analytical part of your mind telling you it's all a load of bollocks.  You know it doesn't make sense, now just accept it doesn't make sense because it is wrong.  Remember, a perfect being would make perfect sense.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #101 - May 29, 2010, 06:30 AM

There are billions of galaxies in the Universe.
    Each has billions of stars and planets.
    Each is made up of who knows how many atoms, all interacting beautifully.
    The universe is an absolutely amazing place!

You Karl Sagan, you

Remember, a perfect being would make perfect sense.

And its not a coincidence that a non existant being would make not make perfect sense, have no proof and be invisible, not only to the naked eye but in every measurable way.  Guess what!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #102 - May 29, 2010, 09:59 AM

Welcome QueenIsabel, hope you enjoy the discussions.  Greetings

Though the flame-war rate here is low you may end up being questioned heavily on your beliefs, but it's all in decent nature & discussion just so you know.
     Reply #103 - May 29, 2010, 04:20 PM

Yes

OK, so you agree that you believe despite the fact that some things contradict reason.

So when you try to 'educate' Muslims about how stupid their faith is - can you blame them for doing the very same thing you are doing - clinging to their faith despite the fact some things contradict reason?
     Reply #104 - May 29, 2010, 04:33 PM

Yes, how do you can argue against Muslims for not using reason, when you admittedly dont follow through with reason yourself?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #105 - May 31, 2010, 06:31 PM

Yup. I'm still wondering what Isabel thinks of the whole question of her religion forcing her to believe things she knows are unethical.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #106 - May 31, 2010, 06:40 PM

Yes, how do you can argue against Muslims for not using reason, when you admittedly dont follow through with reason yourself?

She doesn't want to answer that question even though I've asked her a few time now. She just answers with this:

I'm sorry Hassan, this question will not work on me.

• Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »