Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: How to survive Ramadan?!

(Read 66473 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 12 13 14« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: How to survive Ramadan?!
     Reply #390 - August 15, 2010, 12:37 AM

You seem very much like this other guy I used to know  Cheesy

lol - you know, it was once I got to University I started seeing people that resembled other people, and I mean specific people in very specific ways. Humans aren't unique, we are just of slight difference that are likely to exist due to a high probability of being born in the first place, I think. I’m getting confused, see – my head’s had it for the day, time to recharged, goodnight!
     Reply #391 - August 15, 2010, 12:51 AM

far away hug

You are right, it is absolutely repugnant.

Thanks Pariah, good to know others feel similarly!
     Reply #392 - August 15, 2010, 01:43 AM

Today I paid my Indo Pak restaurant guys for the visits I would make for the month to their restaurant.  I figured it was the least I could do.  Good luck to all you guys that have to fast.  

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #393 - August 15, 2010, 10:34 AM

lol - you know, it was once I got to University I started seeing people that resembled other people, and I mean specific people in very specific ways. Humans aren't unique, we are just of slight difference that are likely to exist due to a high probability of being born in the first place, I think. I’m getting confused, see – my head’s had it for the day, time to recharged, goodnight!

I noticed that too! Except the people at uni, who reminded me of people I knew at school, were better versions lol, probably because they were similar minded to me because they took the same course.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #394 - August 15, 2010, 03:10 PM

Except the people at uni, who reminded me of people I knew at school, were better versions lol

Yes, exact same thing happened. I also knew one guy from my old school (also at the same uni) who I was able to cross-check all these resemblances between the uni version people and secondary school people. He agreed.

I even notice it on my facebook account.
    - "Doesn't that guy look like this guy here on facebook?"
    - "Mate you're right, it's like his long lost brother or something!"

You can even notice it in celebrities.

E.g. Natalie Portman & Keira Knightley

Sorry, going way off topic!!

Where were we? Ahh ramandan. Excuses to get out of the house:
    - go to the nearest library to study
    - go to the local gym/swimming pool, there is usually a cafeteria
    - go to the nearest supermarket to get something (and eat on the way)
    - plan to meet up with a friend to do homework
    - plan to read a book in the park

To freshen breath:
    - eat something coarse like flapjacks
    - chew a gum
    - brush your teeth as soon as you get home
    - use a light mouthwash
    - if desperate: breath in while talking

Food to eat undercover (easy to eat, silent to eat, high carbohydrates):
    - bananas
    - cereal bars (choose wisely)
    - dates
    - BREAD!
    - biscuits (eat with water to soften them)

We need some sort of definite guide/cookbook for ex-Muslims undergoing Ramadan.
     Reply #395 - August 15, 2010, 03:15 PM

- if desperate: breath in while talking

I tried this but Pariah says I sound like a demented robot.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #396 - August 15, 2010, 03:19 PM

Grin
     Reply #397 - August 16, 2010, 11:20 AM

Is it just me or not but i feel more hungry anytime i take sahur.
    this weekend i have been sleeping an hour or two before sahur only to be waken up by my mom,but yesterday around midnight i decided to take sahur before i slept,and placed an empty cereal bowl on the coffee table for my mum to see it in case if she comes to my room to wake me up and the good thing is she didn't wake me up when she saw the bowl Grin.
    but when i woke up this morning i was hungry as hell as soon as i came back to school. i went straight to the cafetaria to eat and drink. now my stomach is full   

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #398 - August 16, 2010, 04:08 PM

Clearly Mohammed didn't know about longer days at the poles or is there evidence that he did? I'm pretty sure he didn't.

He definitely did NOT know about the longer days at the poles.

The worse part was my worries that my study was being affected.

ARGH!!! I'm trying to study but my stomach is like "STOP THINKING AND F***** FEED ME!!!!!"

Cry

In several years Ramadan is going to be in May/June which is exam time.  A whole generation of Muslim youth WILL be affected by this (including my nephews and nieces).  Can you imagine waking up for sehri, fasting for 18 hours a day in the summer, reading the ultra long taraweeh, AND revising and sitting your life changing examinations?

The reason why Muslim countries are always lagging behind non-Muslims countries is precisely because of Islam itself.

Reply #399 - August 16, 2010, 04:11 PM

He definitely did NOT know about the longer days at the poles.

In several years Ramadan is going to be in May/June which is exam time.  A whole generation of Muslim youth WILL be affected by this (including my nephews and nieces).  Can you imagine waking up for sehri, fasting for 18 hours a day in the summer, reading the ultra long taraweeh, AND revising and sitting your life changing examinations?

The reason why Muslim countries are always lagging behind non-Muslims countries is precisely because of Islam itself.

poor bastards - that will certainly affect quite a number of kids

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #400 - August 16, 2010, 06:54 PM

Its britain, they'll move the exams or do something to accommodate the muslims.
     Reply #401 - August 16, 2010, 06:56 PM

Nah, most likely it'll be noted down and taken into account by examiners when marking.

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #402 - August 16, 2010, 07:19 PM

LOL - I think you have a very good point to be honest!
     Reply #403 - August 17, 2010, 01:24 PM

Questionable ... surely not ... ?

"... stock market returns in predominantly Muslim countries were historically almost nine times higher during this month compared to the rest of the year."

EDIT: Upon re-reading: "Our research reveals that that it is not only the fundamentals, but also psychology of investors that drives the valuations in stock markets. "
     Reply #404 - May 15, 2011, 06:30 PM

Bump!

so any new comers have any thoughts ? Smiley

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #405 - May 15, 2011, 06:34 PM

There's 2 and a half months left ^
     Reply #406 - May 15, 2011, 08:27 PM

Smiley It's so much easier to manage with a full time job.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #407 - May 15, 2011, 10:05 PM

Absolutely! Just remember not to pick up the phone if in the canteen!
     Reply #408 - May 16, 2011, 06:39 AM

That word "Ramadan" scares me. Because that's when everyone will be watching me.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #409 - May 16, 2011, 07:28 AM

I've been breaking my fasts since I was like 12. It isn't that hard. I got caught sneaking halloween candy in the basement once. And just this ramadan, I got caught sneaking food before it was time to break our fast.

What I do is, I offer to cook stuff during Ramadan and usually people clear the kitchen out (because I am very annoying on a regular basis) and then I eat and make stuff and eat that too.  dance Or when no one is around (i.e they've gone out or are somewhere else where they can't see me) I take food to my room Tongue. I'm a master sneaker. Been doing it for years.

LOL, this sounds so much like me when I was younger. I saw myself as going on SAS raids to the kitchen. I used to get a real buzz from it, even going  as far as doing the SAS forward rolls and crawls on occasions, to make it a more authentic raid... Silly, I know. And I used to get caught every year, in one way or another, by doing something spectacularly stupid, like smoking in my bedroom. God, I can't believe I was that idiot once.

Hi
     Reply #410 - May 16, 2011, 08:19 AM

Damn, I haven't fasted properly for the last 20 years, Once I was working right next to a mosque, lunch time came, went to the shop got something to eat and came back to my workplace and ate, got home and pretended I was fasting the whole day. Now I just don't fast as I blame illness. Luckily Ramadaan is in Winter here this year so people don't have to fast that long. We have a couple of beardos in the office as well, wonder what they will say when they see me eating Smiley
     Reply #411 - May 16, 2011, 08:20 PM

^^ what r u saying ?? dude ramadan is gonna be super long this year! r u in the northern hemisphere ?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #412 - May 16, 2011, 08:36 PM

He's in the southern, hence ramadhan will be in winter ^
     Reply #413 - May 16, 2011, 11:07 PM

Summer holidays gonna suck this year... no more wandering round the beach or outside with mah ice-creams... damn muzzies everywhere! Cheesy

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #414 - May 16, 2011, 11:36 PM

Now now Fombles, we don't tolerate the "damn Muzzies" kinda language here.

Reply #415 - May 16, 2011, 11:41 PM

Hehe, fine, 'damn Sunderland bengali muzzies' ... I'm being specific now Smiley Though most of them a hypocrites anyways.

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
  • How to survive Ramadan?!
     Reply #416 - June 21, 2013, 12:17 PM

wow. i guess i have been lucky. i have not fasted since i became an atheist (15 years). and i worked at a place where it was not an issue and we used to order lunch and tea all the time.

i do have people asking me if i am fasting and i tell them no Smiley i guess they are too intimidated to ask me why not. im in pakistan by the way.

no issues at home though. so i say again, i guess im lucky Smiley
     Reply #417 - June 21, 2013, 12:22 PM

This will be my first Ramadan for the last 12 years which I won't fast. Smiley I fasted almost the whole month before Ramadan in the earlier years.  Cheesy
    This one I booked my holiday during Ramadan. In the country I now live in, it is not polite to drink in bars and coffee shops during Ramadan, so that will be a challenge for me.  grin12

I don't talk to uncircumcised man! It's haram. But I love to talk to uncircumcised woman! Smiley
     Reply #418 - June 21, 2013, 02:02 PM

I'll start a new thread for surviving ramadan summer of 2013.

Since most people won't have the time to read through this entire thread to look for tips on how to survive ramadan.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #419 - July 29, 2013, 11:36 PM

First week of Ramadan, I was hiding in office and working with my murtad friends. Than I was on vacation in Turkey. Now I'm in Germany for business. When I come back, just one more week and the circus is over. I need some domestic beer, german beer isn't tasty!

I don't talk to uncircumcised man! It's haram. But I love to talk to uncircumcised woman! Smiley
  • Previous page 1 ... 12 13 14« Previous thread | Next thread »