Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Zakir Naik is coming to Sheffield and Wembley Arena

(Read 27867 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Zakir Naik is coming to Sheffield and Wembley Arena
     Reply #30 - May 30, 2010, 12:03 AM

Shahid , was there a big turn out at the event you went to ? what was the atmosphere like ? Was he challenged at all?
     Reply #31 - May 30, 2010, 12:08 AM

The turn out wasn't as great as they hoped.  Less than half the venue was occupied.  When Zakir was about to come on stage they urged everyone to come to the front (instead of being spread out around the venue).

Zakir Naik replied very arrogantly to a non-Muslim individuals question, and the next person (also non-Muslim) criticised Zakir Naik for replying arrogantly, then Zakir controlled his tone, said sorry, but still came out with the same bullshit arguments.

Reply #32 - May 30, 2010, 12:11 AM

- he's appearing at Wembley Arena , it just seems incredible that he's got that size following
     Reply #33 - May 30, 2010, 12:15 AM

Meh, most stand-up comedians can charge over £30 per ticket and fill out arenas like Wembley, O2 Arena, NEC, MEN etc.

Zakir Naik (also a comedian, of a different sort) is giving FREE access to his events.  Now lets see if the venues fill out...

Reply #34 - May 30, 2010, 12:42 AM

who's paying for it all then?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #35 - May 30, 2010, 12:50 AM

I'd like to go to one of these things, out of pure curiosity.
     Reply #36 - May 30, 2010, 01:27 AM

Ask this moron why he denies evolution and why its taught by worlds top universities?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #37 - May 30, 2010, 01:29 AM

Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #38 - May 30, 2010, 02:01 AM

Donations,  zakat money (which should be going to the poor really), more info here... http://www.events.idci.co.uk/page.php?id=103

Reply #39 - May 30, 2010, 05:30 AM

Read this carefully..

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10517.msg275754#msg275754

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #40 - May 30, 2010, 08:40 AM

OK, so here's the thing.

To most people, Naik seems creepy, furtive, intolerant, fanatical, and a liar. But here is the thing. He honestly believes in this garbage. In his mind, he truly believes that humanity cannot progress until it collectively accepts Islam.

I agree with you Billy. A few years ago whilst I was a prominent muslim in the community, I had the "pleasure" of inviting Zakir Naik round for dinner when he came to the UK to help set up Peace TV. I found him to be a totally sincere and very humble man who genuinely believes that he is doing good for humanity. I guess that he is just as deluded as any other firm believer in religion. I did probe him about how he can reconcile science with religion, but had to tune out after a while, out of politeness when entertaining a guest in my house.
     Reply #41 - May 30, 2010, 09:11 AM

So, if I go to the one at Birmingham, with what shall I prove him wrong? Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #42 - May 30, 2010, 09:43 AM

The topic is about freedom of expression so it will be a good idea to question him about the "freedom" that Islam offers to those who choose to leave Islam.

Reply #43 - May 30, 2010, 10:54 AM

Good question.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #44 - May 30, 2010, 11:00 AM

Well well well, look what we have here from todays The Sunday Times.

I hope The Times and other newspapers scrutinise the hell out of him when he comes to the UK.

++++++++

May 30, 2010

Muslim preacher of hate is let into Britain

David Leppard

THE home secretary, Theresa May, is facing a stiff test of the Conservative party’s claims to oppose radical Islam after her officials chose to allow a misogynist Muslim preacher into Britain.

Zakir Naik, an Indian televangelist described as a “hate-monger” by moderate Muslims and one Tory MP, says western women make themselves “more susceptible to rape” by wearing revealing clothing.

Naik, who proselytises on Peace TV, a satellite television channel, is reported to have called for the execution of Muslims who change their faith, described Americans as “pigs” and said that “every Muslim should be a terrorist”.

In a recent lecture, he said he was “with” Osama Bin Laden over the attacks on “terrorist America”, adding that the 9/11 hijackings were an inside job by President George W Bush.

In opposition, David Cameron and other senior Tories led criticism of the Labour government for allowing radical preachers into Britain to stir up hatred on lecture tours. While in opposition, Cameron also campaigned to get Yusuf al-Qaradawi, an Egyptian radical, banned from Britain.

Cameron and May now face a political test over Naik, whose inflammatory comments have led some moderate Muslims to call him a “truth-twister”.

One well-placed insider said: “Zakir Naik is a nasty man who makes al-Qaradawi look like a participant at a teddy bears’ picnic. He shouldn’t be allowed into the country to stir up hatred.”

The Home Office indicated that it was not planning to ban Naik, however.

Although Naik makes it clear he does not support specific acts of terrorism, his inflammatory speeches have included one, currently on YouTube, in which he states: “Beware of Muslims saying Osama Bin Laden is right or wrong. I reject them ... we don’t know.

“But if you ask my view, if given the truth, if he is fighting the enemies of Islam, I am for him.

“I don’t know what he’s doing. I’m not in touch with him. I don’t know him personally. If he is terrorising the terrorists, if he is terrorising America the terrorist ... I am with him. Every Muslim should be a terrorist.”

According to reports in the Indian media, his organisation, the Islamic Research Foundation in Mumbai, was where Rahil Abdul Rehman Sheikh, suspected of being commander of a series of train bombings in Mumbai, and other alleged terrorists spent much of their time before the attacks.

The American terror suspect Najibullah Zazi, arrested last year for planning suicide attacks on the New York subway, is said to have been inspired by Naik’s YouTube videos. There is no suggestion Naik had any knowledge of terrorist plotting.

The UK Border Agency said: “Each case is considered on its own merits. When assessing a visa application, we will consider the previous conduct of the individual and we will ensure the UK does not provide a platform for the promotion of violent extremism.

“We reserve the right to revoke someone’s visa if they are found to be promoting extreme views which are contrary to UK values.”

Naik will be appearing at Wembley Arena in London and in Sheffield on his British tour. When he last came to Britain in 2006, his visit was condemned by David Davies, the Tory MP for Monmouth, who described him as a “hate-monger”.

A doctor by profession, Naik has distinguished himself from dozens of other “mad mullahs” through his intellect and his ability to recite verbatim extended sections of the Koran.

Peace TV has a huge following in the Muslim neighbourhoods of Mumbai, Naik’s native city. He has been named as the third most popular spiritual guru in India.

Last year he was ranked 82nd in a list of India’s most powerful people.

Since the 9/11 attacks, he appears to have developed a particular hatred of America. He is reported to have said: “The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the Earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate.

“In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives. Many say, ‘You sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife’. If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs.”

Sermons of malice

“Western society has actually degraded [women] to the status of concubines, mistresses and social butterflies, who are mere tools in the hands of pleasure seekers and sex marketeers”

“People who change their religion should face the death penalty”

“It is a blatant secret that this attack on the twin towers was done by George Bush himself”

“If he [Osama Bin Laden] is terrorising the terrorists, if he is terrorising America the terrorist ... I am with him. Every Muslim should be a terrorist”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article7140235.ece

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #45 - May 30, 2010, 03:07 PM

Anybody willing to picket the events?
     Reply #46 - May 30, 2010, 03:16 PM

What a twat or the highest form of twattery, seriously, piss of Zak of nails twit. Get out of my country and go to hell. Sorry for the explosion, people like him pee me off no end.
     Reply #47 - May 30, 2010, 04:02 PM

Good rant Lily. Afro  (btw, is 'twattery' a word? just askin. Tongue)

What is interesting is that the radical Muslims don't like Zakir Naik, not because he is such a bigot, but because believes in conspiracy theories. e.g. that 9/11 was an inside job etc.  Also, that he tries to prove Islam using reason and science (to some extent).  And the fundamentalists believe that is a slippery slope to go down.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #48 - May 30, 2010, 04:06 PM

Anybody willing to picket the events?

I remember you  Cheesy Where've you been hiding?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #49 - May 30, 2010, 04:07 PM

I dunno, if it isn't Lily said it first dictionary makers.
     Reply #50 - May 30, 2010, 05:37 PM

What a twat or the highest form of twattery, seriously, piss of Zak of nails twit. Get out of my country and go to hell. Sorry for the explosion, people like him pee me off no end.

+1

He can take his "logic" and fuck off for all I care.

Sorry did I say fuck?  I should've said "father, uncle, cousin, king". grin12

The problem with idiots like Zakir Naik is that he can stand on stage and spout as much nonsense as he wants with very little counter arguments.  Sure, we get a little opportunity to question him in the Questions & Answers session, but that's not really a debate is it?

Reply #51 - May 30, 2010, 06:55 PM

What is interesting is that the radical Muslims don't like Zakir Naik, not because he is such a bigot, but because believes in conspiracy theories. e.g. that 9/11 was an inside job etc.  Also, that he tries to prove Islam using reason and science (to some extent).  And the fundamentalists believe that is a slippery slope to go down.

I think that he makes for great entertainment for the Muslim crowd, and gives them a good lift. He tells them what they want to hear, and those that have emotion based faith, will leave inspired. For those leaning towards Islam, he has certainly pushed some the rest of the way. However, those Muslims who are having doubts, and have gone through the effort of seeking answers, he has pushed them even further away. I asked a director of Peace TV once, whether he had explored the "damage" that Zakir Naik has done to wavering Muslims. He was shocked that anyone could possibly not be inspired! Ultimately, I think Zakir Naik benefits Muslims who want inspiration, and does a great service to Muslim freethinkers, by pushing them further away, and exposes the weakeness of his "logic" and "science"
     Reply #52 - May 30, 2010, 07:14 PM

I remember you  Cheesy Where've you been hiding?

Been dormant for a while.........no paticular reason
     Reply #53 - May 30, 2010, 08:02 PM

Given the information age Muslims are seeing that the western cultures and values are superior to theirs. There is more freedom, more opportunities and all with declining religion. Now where zakir naik comes in is that he tells muslims that all this can be achieved via Islam. He tells them that Islam is the solution to a lot of problems and creates his own pseudoscience to convince them otherwise. Zakir Naik relies on confirmation bias and the identity problems of muslims. By the identity i mean that most muslims in the post 9/11 world in south asia have started seeing the world as muslim/kuffar rather than Pakistani / Indian etc. There are many ethnic disputes within pakistan between muslims and i am sure there are in india as well. and that leaves only the religion as the sole identifier of religion. and voila! here come the evangelicals to exploit !

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #54 - May 30, 2010, 09:10 PM

Darn it, billy beat me to The Times article!

Good posts abuk & canex.

I think the chap is the quasi-demagogue for countless moderate Muslims, including many in my family not just here in the UK but in Bangladesh too, they've told me to listen to him so many times.

I think the biggest twisty logic family members love to praise is how he points out George Washington and Nelson Mandela were considered terrorists once. Relativism isn't just an issue with the West, but amongst moderate Muslims too it seems.
     Reply #55 - May 30, 2010, 09:59 PM

The Daily Mail have an article about this too...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1282639/Muslim-hate-preacher-let-Britain-despite-Tories-pledge-radicals.html

Although Zakir Naik is an illogical twat, he is a somewhat intelligent illogical twat (if that makes sense) and I'm sure he and his people are adjusting his script accordingly for when he takes to the stage in the UK.

A part of me is thinking that any publicity surrounding this will be good publicity (for him).

Reply #56 - May 30, 2010, 10:08 PM

Everyone from CEMB should turn up and ask permission to ask a question as a group. Then turn around and moon him.
     Reply #57 - May 30, 2010, 10:14 PM

I dont want to waste the opportunity, I want to ask him why he believes in death for apostates and why his name is "Fucker"

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #58 - May 30, 2010, 10:17 PM

I dont want to waste the opportunity, I want to ask him why he believes in death for apostates and why his name is "Fucker"

I stand by my bottom baring suggestion!
     Reply #59 - May 30, 2010, 10:21 PM

I dont want to waste the opportunity, I want to ask him why he believes in death for apostates

We know how he's going to answer the death penalty question.

According to him it is considered treason, and many countries have the death penalty for treason, so therefore so does Islam.

How will you counter-question him on that answer though?

• Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »