Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Maajid Nawaz

(Read 26824 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #60 - December 23, 2015, 01:23 PM

that indoamerican is an harmless pest who is trying to mint some dollars by telling some silly stories with modern science  with some old ...om om om wine... dear Ex_Mlg....  not worth wasting time with that guy and what he says

that made me laugh.. I don't understand what he's saying half the time.. I think a lot of people don't understand what he's saying half the time.  Cheesy

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #61 - December 23, 2015, 01:32 PM

But why privilege one holy book over another if you give up on them being literally true? How does one determine which one is more metaphorically/symbolically true?

It's not a matter of "truth" at that point, in my opinion. It's a matter of looking at the story for what it is, a story, and deriving morals or lessons from it - if one is so inclined, that is. Hassan's Adam and Eve Khutbah is a good example of what I'm talking about. What many African Americans did with the exodus story during struggles with slavery and racism is another example.
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #62 - December 23, 2015, 01:32 PM

...... I don't understand what he's saying half the time.. I think a lot of people don't understand what he's saying half the time.  Cheesy

No..no.. many people understand why he is saying what he is saying.,  but what is there to understand  in

Om..om..om.. Bah..bah..bah.. mew..mew..mew  ...sounds  Huh? ..........  that too  after attending medical school...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #63 - December 23, 2015, 01:37 PM

"The consciousness must delve deep into the spiritual vacuum of quantum physics in order to know there are atoms that develop their own conscious beings, which in turn leads us to the supernatural world that we don't understand.."

I believe he talks like that.   Cheesy

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #64 - December 23, 2015, 01:41 PM

"The consciousness must delve deep into the spiritual vacuum of quantum physics in order to know there are atoms that develop their own conscious beings, which in turn leads us to the supernatural world that we don't understand.."

I believe he talks like that.   Cheesy

that is exactly what he says ....   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   and  that is perfect .. and it is equivalent to

"Om..om..om.. Bah..bah..bah.. mew..mew..mew"....   as good as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFtWJLRDAk

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #65 - December 23, 2015, 09:50 PM

It's not a matter of "truth" at that point, in my opinion. It's a matter of looking at the story for what it is, a story, and deriving morals or lessons from it - if one is so inclined, that is. Hassan's Adam and Eve Khutbah is a good example of what I'm talking about. What many African Americans did with the exodus story during struggles with slavery and racism is another example.

That sounds like exactly what one could by diving deep into the writings of Mark Twain, Harry Potter, and Shakespeare. At that point it's just literature like any other

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #66 - December 23, 2015, 11:05 PM

That sounds like exactly what one could by diving deep into the writings of Mark Twain, Harry Potter, and Shakespeare. At that point it's just literature like any other

there is little doubt on that .., so-called scriptures are the books of their time and were written by Mark Twains, Harry Potters, or  Shakespeares  of that time.

...... all those so-called religious books are nothing but story books for children .. sometimes  smart guys  can take those words and make some sing along songs/sonnets ..

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #67 - December 24, 2015, 02:46 AM

I personally love Maajid Nawaz as an individual person and think his personal journey is amazing but I'm skeptical if he and Usama Hasan and now Adam Deen as well I guess can gain traction within the muslim community.

From what I've seen muslims don't believe Maajid Nawaz is actually a muslim.

He himself admits that him tweeting the jesus and mo cartoon really hurt the little credibility he had among mainstream muslims.

Then the video of him in a strip club in the middle of Ramadan was pretty much the nail in the coffin with the muslim community.

I personally don't think visiting such an establishment is immoral but most muslims do think its super haram especially in Ramadan and now are fully convinced he is a closet atheist.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #68 - December 24, 2015, 03:17 AM

Yep, those are views about him as well.. But I will cling on to any hope I have with him..

Sam Harris's open dialogue with him is going to be crucial in reforming the Islamic world. Heck many Muslims even see Yasir Qadhi, a slippery fish, and deem him to be a murtad..

Muslims don't generally have tolerance. We need more former people from radical groups coming out and saying "Hey I lived that life, and it's not ideal for today's world."

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #69 - December 24, 2015, 07:38 AM

i personally think majid nawaz is a closet unbeliever… and i doubt ppl like sam harris and muslims who are in bed with such characters are ever gonna be taken srsly by the muslims.

im at a loss as to what's so heterodox or deviant about yasir gadhi…he seems very mainstream orthodox sunni to me…
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #70 - December 24, 2015, 07:53 AM

And that's the point. Everybody's got an opinion on Maajid, but he's still there doing his thing at the end of the day. He's got many Muslim supporters and many Muslims that hate him, nevertheless he's still enduring.

Qadhi may seem mainstream orthodox Sunni to many Muslims, and that's the brush he chooses to paint himself with.. But there are many that see him as "The American Sellout" who may be reckoned to eventually be a "non-believer." Yes, this is a small minority of Muslims who think this way.. And there are even American college student Sunni Muslims that are starting to see him as someone who is delving way too much into philosophy, straying away from the traditional Sunni thought.

The opinions of Muslims are going to be interesting to watch in the next 50 years or so.

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #71 - December 24, 2015, 08:22 AM

....................Qadhi may seem mainstream orthodox Sunni to many Muslims, and that's the brush he chooses to paint himself with

well the guy gets his bread and butter by preaching Islam... so he better act/paint  like that
    ..............im at a loss as to what's so heterodox or deviant about yasir gadhi…he seems very mainstream orthodox sunni to me…

short of supporting ISIS type of Islamic organizations ., he is all orthodox sunni  apologist of Islam.. who is trying to defend Islam's shortcomings with excuses  as well as  trying to take some silly Quran verses and put them in par with with modern science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APVCAxF4C8Q

frankly speaking there is absolutely NOTHING NEW in Quran  .. every story in it is copy pasted from earlier religious stories that were floating around Arabian peninsula, and whatever nonsense written in it w.r.t "Muhammad" character  such as surah At-Tahrim  is nothing but criminal  and stupid..

But people change with time... so may be he is also at that stage

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #72 - December 24, 2015, 10:35 AM

i know he used to be a rabid anti-shia salafi with a huge beard…but hes since chilled out…

its funny how there are so many mainstream sunni scholars, speakers…who are condemned by salafis…

…and is it just me or have you become more coherent?
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #73 - December 24, 2015, 01:06 PM

..…and is it just me or have you become more coherent?

you got a point there C., but who were you before C?  lol..

.. IT is me  and  A, B,C, D. is you .,  Did you ever read all 114 chapters..6300 or so verses of Quran?    But I can tell you one thing.,  ... there are more secrets  in incoherent posts than in coherent posts...  Allah also tells same thing in QUran. ..lol.. don't worry about it..  

...but this is how we can defend actions of Prophet  and actions of Sahaba and actions of Muslims in 21st century.. We can even defend the actions of ISIS and actions of Osama using Quran, Hadith and Sunnah..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEa-cM2lS_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLt-5EvAhek

Yes  Yasir Qadhi.,  they are all worse than what has been done in Islam.  All religions and their respective books  are corrupted and they are all worse than what  is  there in Quran and hadith but that doesn't make it as word of allah god my friend..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #74 - December 24, 2015, 01:26 PM

Though what he said in the video was complete bullshit, I gotta admit that purple khamees is pretty dope. I'd rock it.
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #75 - December 24, 2015, 01:49 PM

Sam Harris's open dialogue with him is going to be crucial in reforming the Islamic world.

I like your optimism, but how do you anticipate that's going to happen? It seems to me Nawaz has gone from dogmatic literalist (i.e. "extremist") to po-mo relativist (or, more cynically, disingenuous opportunist).

I just don't see him convincing many Muslims that Allah's message for mankind was "interpret whatever I say however you want -- the only truth is that there is no correct interpretation of my words" (which is effectively what Nawaz says in that dialogue). 
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #76 - December 24, 2015, 03:32 PM

I like your optimism, but how do you anticipate that's going to happen? It seems to me Nawaz has gone from dogmatic literalist (i.e. "extremist") to po-mo relativist (or, more cynically, disingenuous opportunist).

I just don't see him convincing many Muslims that Allah's message for mankind was "interpret whatever I say however you want -- the only truth is that there is no correct interpretation of my words" (which is effectively what Nawaz says in that dialogue).

That quote by Maajid is a great way of looking at it. You'd be surprised how many Muslims in France believe in that very quote. It's not just America or UK, Muslims who are converting from all over the world are tired and want to interpret Islam without the jurists now.. And it's a good thing. They just need momentum.

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #77 - December 24, 2015, 04:03 PM

That quote by Maajid is a great

.................They just need momentum..........

They just need momentum....momentum......momentum., Question is .. how do we get that momentum??

So we in need of Mass and we need motion.. we need to mobilize  dear ExMuslimVlogGuy ...

How do we do this in this politically charged...politically correct with  close 6 billion people following some faith  and  some times  we have cross faith supporters between the faiths dear ExM_VlogG Huh?

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #78 - December 24, 2015, 04:17 PM

They just need momentum....momentum......momentum., Question is .. how do we get that momentum??

We run out to the streets naked and advertise this forum  bunny

No, but seriously, the momentum will gain because of the internet. Ideas spread so rapidly here, and if more Muslims pay attention to what's going on, they'll see a need for change.

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #79 - December 24, 2015, 04:25 PM

We run out to the streets naked and advertise this forum  bunny

No, but seriously, the momentum will gain because of the internet. Ideas spread so rapidly here, and if more Muslims pay attention to what's going on, they'll see a need for change.

ah Ha!... not enough mass  behind your internet.,,  

let me give you mass  from 2015 tube ..2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osugrJIDr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA8XssByN3I

Now add movement to that mass.,  and if that movement is against you/your writings and you are living close to that mass., then trust me  you prefer and pray for living in Allah described hell than the place closer to that mass you see in the above tubes..

Internet.. internet .. yes it works.. but it is Loooong Loooooooooooooong way to go...  before that you need to get internet connections to the masses dear dreaming  ExM_VlogG

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #80 - December 24, 2015, 04:33 PM

Then we shall set up the internet for them!  Cheesy

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #81 - December 24, 2015, 06:34 PM

...set up the internet for them!  Cheesy....

Some people are doing it but RASCALS are doing it for minting money and grabbing public lands in collision with politicians in the name of setting up internet/electronic  industries ...

well mean while let me this lady..

that is   Sabria S. Jawhar  from Sand land.. well she says

Stirring anti-Saudi hysteria

Over the past year and particularly since the Paris attacks nearly two weeks ago criticism of Saudi Arabia has increased in volume for its alleged connections to Daesh. These are serious allegations against a US ally in the war against Daesh — a nation that has been very effective in combating terrorism. But as with the growing anti-Islam hysteria, Saudi bashing is long on rhetoric and short on specifics.
    A cottage industry has been established since 9/11 in which non-Muslim and non-scholars quote extensively from the Qur’an, usually English translations and out of context, to serve their own anti-Muslim narrative. Commentators on news websites enjoy parading their “knowledge” by quoting the holy book as if the evidence is obvious that Islam is a cult bent on the destruction of the world. True Islamic scholars often struggle with the meanings of the Qur’an’s verses, yet the absurdity of pseudo scholars’ interpretations is lost on the general public.
    Evidence to support accusations that Saudi Arabia somehow gave birth to Daesh is much more elusive. Intellectually honest western political pundits acknowledge, albeit reluctantly, that there is no evidence that the Saudi government supports terrorism. WikiLeaks has made that abundantly clear. Western politicians running for office simply ignore that lack of evidence.
    Providing evidence that wealthy Saudi donors are contributing vast amounts of money to the coffers of Daesh is equally lacking. Although Hillary Clinton and State Department memos refer to these Saudi donors, none are identified. But if an individual or organization claims loud and long enough that Saudi Arabia supports terrorism then it becomes fact.
    Then there are the alleged parallels between Shariah practiced by Daesh and Islamic law practiced in Saudi Arabia. It’s accepted worldwide that governments often abuse their laws for political purposes. Whether one agrees with the implementation of Shariah to dispense justice, the rule of law still must be followed. The Islamic State, Caliphate, or whatever you want to call it in Syria has no rule of law. The New York Times reported the other day that two women were stoned to death following convictions of adultery. Yet Daesh rulers presented no witnesses to their crime. It takes four witnesses to actually see the act to obtain a conviction, which of course is impossible in adultery cases. That’s why there are no executions for adultery in countries that follow the rule of law. When Muslims say this is not Shariah and this is not Islam, they speak the truth. It’s not a perversion of Shariah. It’s not a strict interpretation of Shariah. Daesh murders people only on the pretext of Shariah.
    Another example would be a Sept. 24 New York Times report about a gay man reportedly witnessing the execution of another gay man in public. The statements were made in a documentary film about Haj. The Times reports:
    “Mohammed describes visiting a market to pick up some things for his mother, only to witness the beheading of a man rumored to be gay. The film then cuts to videotape footage of the scene, stopping just before the executioner’s ax strikes the man’s neck.”
    The Times didn’t attempt to verify the accuracy of this statement and whether indeed a public execution took place. There are no public executions in Madinah. They are held in a police station courtyard not accessible to the public. Even when executions were held in public, they were not held in or near a marketplace. And certainly no individual is executed based on rumors. You still need four witnesses to the act. The video, which I have not seen, doesn’t appear to be authenticated. Yet the Times reported this incident as fact, which continues to serve, whether intentional or not, the anti-Muslim agenda with false information.
    For all of the flaws in the Saudi justice system, people are not generally executed for adultery, homosexuality or apostasy. I add a qualifier this last sentence only because Saudi Arabia is not big on explaining itself to anybody, but as a Saudi citizen I would be hard pressed to find any instances of an execution for these crimes. What I do know is that Shariah — which is pretty darn clear about its punishments — and how individuals interpret Shariah are two separate things. Critics vilify Shariah when instead they should be critical of governments that abuse it. Making the distinction would weaken their argument that Islam is barbaric.
    Then, of course, there is the western boogeyman of Wahhabism, described as “austere,” “puritanical” or “primitive” — whatever pejorative label you want to put on it. To Saudis, it only means practicing Islam, as it was intended by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the exclusion of worshipping idols (this is the most basic explanation I can provide for the uninitiated). It means nothing else...

.. that is what she says today., let me read whole thing later but No.. Nope .. That heading is wrong ., I will disagree with here right at the beginning ..  that heading should be

"Stirring Up anti-Sauds.. THE BLOOD SUCKERS OF SAND LAND"

that should be  te heading ...

• Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #82 - December 25, 2015, 02:39 AM

Critics vilify Shariah when instead they should be critical of governments that abuse it. Making the distinction would weaken their argument that Islam is barbaric.

?

stoning, amputation…and any punishments for apostasy, blasphemy, witchcraft, idol worship and so on…is barbaric no matter how you slice it…

i cant believe ppl still think its a perception issue…its not… its an issue with the actual laws. the very notion that these silly things are even crimes in the first place. which rag was this joke of an article printed in?
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #83 - December 25, 2015, 12:37 PM

that purple khamees is pretty dope. I'd rock it.

You'd rock it. He wobbles it.
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #84 - December 25, 2015, 09:32 PM

shalwar kameez suits don't rock ever on men. they should be banned.
  • Re: Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #85 - December 26, 2015, 08:44 AM

We salafis would have read the story of the Tortoise and the Hare and come away with the moral that all rabbits are arrogant and evil.

Grin Brilliant.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #86 - December 26, 2015, 11:11 AM

?
    stoning, amputation…and any punishments for apostasy, blasphemy, witchcraft, idol worship and so on…is barbaric no matter how you slice it…

i cant believe ppl still think its a perception issue…its not… its an issue with the actual laws. the very notion that these silly things are even crimes in the first place

. which rag was this joke of an article printed in?

well I guess on the way I forget to put the  link in .. And that rag is in that picture  and   She is  Sabria Salama Murjan Jawhar and that link  gives what she writes and where ..

She writes well  , I prefer her to be and elected ruler of Saudi Arabia over these AMRIKEE  SAUD SUCKERS .,

I mean she Ok but  she comes short of criticizing STUPIDITIES  in Islam and that brutal regime of Sand land..   

• Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »