Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Ugly' chick born with four wings

(Read 21986 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Ugly' chick born with four wings
     OP - May 16, 2010, 11:49 AM

So I have annoying arguments with my sibling on evolution and she wouldn't even take this as a fluke of nature ... but anyway:

Odd couple: Tulip (centre) is an extremely rare chicken-guinea fowl hybrid with four wings. The bird, known as a guin is pictured here with her parents - a mother hen and a male guinea fowl

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1278385/Hatch-day-Rare-chicken-guinea-fowl-hybrid-FOUR-wings.html#ixzz0o5mNzji1

Love this comment: "WOW - four wings! KFC wants your number..."  Cheesy
  • Re: 'Ugly' chick born with four wings
     Reply #1 - May 16, 2010, 11:52 AM

4 wings, is that a mutation? Or a pseudogene that kicked in?

But if Allah created this very special chicken, what's the reason? Can she answer that?

In fact why do things like this even happen? Is Allah's creations imperfect? Or has Allah specifically created this chicken, so its not imperfect in that sense, its God's plan. If so, again, why? What is the benefit of this one chicken with 4 wings?
     Reply #2 - May 16, 2010, 12:03 PM

Have no idea if it is a pseudogene.

Good questions. She briefly argued it can occur in animals but not in us perfect humans even though I pointed out extra fingers, cerebral palsy, simultaneous twins ... it's not even worth arguing, she is too proud/deluded (but I hope if I throw enough mud one day some will stick).
     Reply #3 - May 16, 2010, 12:22 PM

Show her this :

BANGALORE, India —  Revered by some in her village as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess, a 2-year-old girl born with four arms and four legs underwent an extensive surgery through the night to leave her with a normal body.

More here : http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308439,00.html

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #4 - May 16, 2010, 01:07 PM

Haha, I just asked: she knew about two different articles and apparently mutations like this is fine and even says it in the Quran.  Cat fight
     Reply #5 - May 16, 2010, 01:54 PM

Really? I wanna see that verse please. Mutations in the Quran Mashallah. DNA? Mashallah. This will be good.

D N A

These are the verses in which contains, genealogy and biochemistry.
     Reply #6 - May 16, 2010, 02:17 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #7 - May 16, 2010, 03:18 PM

Haha, I just asked: she knew about two different articles and apparently mutations like this is fine and even says it in the Quran.  Cat fight

If she accepts that genes can mutate then what exactly is her problem with evolution?  Huh?

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #8 - May 16, 2010, 03:19 PM

You know what, billy has just enlightened me over on another thread.

Cognitive dissonance
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

EDIT: Oh, the culprit right here: "Dissonance can also lead to confirmation bias, the denial of disconfirming evidence, and other ego defense mechanisms."
     Reply #9 - May 16, 2010, 03:31 PM

Yeah, its a very helpful way to see things, isn't it? Many things fall together when you understand this idea of cog-diss.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #10 - May 16, 2010, 03:36 PM

A lot of anti-evolutionists don't have a problem with micro-evolution, they have a problem with macro-evolution (and don't see the contradiction in this).
     Reply #11 - May 16, 2010, 03:41 PM

You know what, this has to be most outstanding realization for me of late. Funny how it can come down to a hybrid with 4 wings. I want to thank that little bird Smiley

Cheers!
     Reply #12 - May 16, 2010, 08:27 PM

How does she explain some people being born with tails (no, not Jews turning into apes.)
    How does she explain some chickens developing enamel teeth like reptiles?
    Snakes with leg bones?
    Horses with extra toes?

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #13 - May 16, 2010, 09:02 PM

Allah best of creators?
     Reply #14 - May 17, 2010, 07:32 AM

Allah best of creators?

Don't you see? This is a sign from Allah that Muhammad was His messenger. Muhammad (salla halla walla) described angels with many wings, how could an illiterate man have known 1,400 years ago that this chicken would be born with 4 wings?

Miracle.

Reply #15 - May 17, 2010, 09:14 AM

Gods perfect creation  Huh? 

Ask her about rare baby genetic disorder where the kids dont live beyond a few weeks/months

see Ichthyosis (limited life expectancy)

see Charlotte Cleverley-Bisman disease (few days life expectancy) or Anencephaly disease (usually don’t survive birth)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - May 17, 2010, 09:32 AM

see Ichthyosis (limited life expectancy)

Poor baby!

I've actually seen some dumb ass Muslim video on youtube with this photo in it.  The explanation was

"Their child was born looking like a snake as punishment for reading the Quran while sitting on the toilet. Their child was born like a snake to show it will endure punishment in the grave by snakes from Hell".

I feel anger welling within me.

Reply #17 - May 17, 2010, 12:50 PM

Guys, cheers for the extra reminders. Terrible deviations indeed.

I don't think it is worth waisting my breath. Unfortunately, confirmation bias and ego defence mechanisms will not change her opinion. If Mohammed envisioned this in humans he is a genius (i.e. fill the Quran with confirmation bias). It appears my dad even learned about sour grapes at the age of 5 ... interesting, it was known about since 564 BCE.

Just for kicks I tore out the 4 winged hybrid article and have stuck it on the fridge door. If you can't beat them with reason, then join in with some mind reminding propaganda!
     Reply #18 - May 17, 2010, 01:09 PM

Guys, cheers for the extra reminders. Terrible deviations indeed.

I don't think it is worth waisting my breath. Unfortunately, confirmation bias and ego defence mechanisms will not change her opinion. If Mohammed envisioned this in humans he is a genius (i.e. fill the Quran with confirmation bias). It appears my dad even learned about sour grapes at the age of 5 ... interesting, it was known about since 564 BCE.

Just for kicks I tore out the 4 winged hybrid article and have stuck it on the fridge door. If you can't beat them with reason, then join in with some mind reminding propaganda!

Read "The God Virus" - just finished reading it, it's a good book and will help you to understand what is going on when you talk to someone with a religious belief.

Reply #19 - May 17, 2010, 01:26 PM

Okay thanks. Did it give any tips for showing those who believe the real light?
     Reply #20 - May 17, 2010, 01:28 PM

Okay thanks. Did it give any tips for showing those who believe the real light?

It gives some good tips on how to talk to someone without triggering their automatic religious defences.

Reply #21 - December 21, 2011, 05:18 AM

The pictures of those deformed babies should have come with a strong warning and typed as links instead of pictures. I feel extremely distressed having looked at them. 
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »