Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Thread Ignore

(Read 10698 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Thread Ignore
     Reply #60 - May 10, 2010, 08:35 PM

Berbs, I love your siggy Cheesy

Lol thanks, I stumbled across it on facebook and chuckled too. Grin

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #61 - May 10, 2010, 08:41 PM

Doesn't the "Replies to my posts" link, under the recent unread topics, do the same thing?  Wink

It does and it's useful, but Peru asked about where you've been actually quoted by someone else.  I guess that would be technically tricky to implement, because a quote is just text in a message.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #62 - May 10, 2010, 08:53 PM

It's not really tricky to implement, but this function will miss the cases where other people reply to your posts without quoting you.  So it's probably a bad feature (sorry this is a bit technical). lipsrsealed

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #63 - May 10, 2010, 08:55 PM

This might be helpful... clicking on "Replies to my posts" http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies - will lead to a list of threads you've posted in that have new posts.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #64 - May 11, 2010, 08:14 AM

Doesn't the "Replies to my posts" link, under the recent unread topics, do the same thing?  Wink

Not quite. On a another forum I used to visit, there was feature that allowed you to directly see who actually quoted you. I found that quite handy.

It's not really tricky to implement, but this function will miss the cases where other people reply to your posts without quoting you.  So it's probably a bad feature (sorry this is a bit technical). lipsrsealed

Not necessarily. In most cases, people tend to quote you. This feature could also motivate people to use the quote function too. I don't always revisit threads under my 'Replies to my posts', which is why I asked.

Reply #65 - May 11, 2010, 08:44 AM

This might be helpful... clicking on "Replies to my posts" http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies - will lead to a list of threads you've posted in that have new posts.

This is generally the first thing I look at, before moving on to checking new threads. It is a more than adequate workflow for post turnover of this forum, imo.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #66 - May 21, 2010, 05:48 AM

That's a good idea. Again, I'm not sure about the capabilities of SMF but perhaps this would be possible with user groups? ie. Create an "Adult" group and allow users to join this group if they wish, then deny non-"Adult group" users access to NSFW sub-forums. Is this level of access granularity possible, Aziz?

Yup, this is actually easy to implement. All that's required is to deny access to all members by default and have a secondary membergroup that can be added by request and allows access to that board. Only problem is that we have a stack of members now so it's a fair bit of work to deal with all the requests we are likely to get.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #67 - May 21, 2010, 07:58 AM

Yup, this is actually easy to implement. All that's required is to deny access to all members by default and have a secondary membergroup that can be added by request and allows access to that board. Only problem is that we have a stack of members now so it's a fair bit of work to deal with all the requests we are likely to get.

It should be possible somehow to make a php script/plugin/whatever to let users add or remove themselves from that one group, though.
    So the effort will be done by the very users instead of admins/mods.

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #68 - May 22, 2010, 11:00 PM

It could be done as a profile setting easily enough I think. Shouldn't be that tricky to code. I'll take a look at it.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »