Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Thread Ignore

(Read 10694 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Thread Ignore
     Reply #30 - May 10, 2010, 01:46 PM

Thinkfree you seem to know your computers well. I salute you.  Afro

Thanks, I know a bit of this and that.  Smiley

I'd be saluting Aziz since he seems to be doing a great job around here.   cool2

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #31 - May 10, 2010, 01:50 PM

Seen, this is similar and (possibly) compatible.
    It's not outdated, it's stable. v2 is currently only available as a Release Candidate (final stages of pre-release).

Oh right. Fair enough.
     Reply #32 - May 10, 2010, 02:12 PM

Seen, this is similar and (possibly) compatible.

Yeah, but is this a wanted side-effect?:

This mod allows you to select boards to ignore.  While ignoring a board it will be completely inaccessible to you.

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #33 - May 10, 2010, 02:25 PM

Yeah, but is this a wanted side-effect?:

I don't see how people can have it both ways. If they want NSFW filtered then let it be inaccessible to them. It's either that or enforce the prepending of [NSFW] to thread names. There seem to be enough mods to ensure conformity, and as I mentioned before people will get into better habits.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
     Reply #34 - May 10, 2010, 02:29 PM

Thanks, I know a bit of this and that.  Smiley

I'd be saluting Aziz since he seems to be doing a great job around here.   cool2

Oh yes of course, Aziz, Os and the brady bunch are all saluted for their incredible hard work and brilliance.  Afro Afro Afro

Reply #35 - May 10, 2010, 02:31 PM

Oh yes of course, Aziz, Os and the brady bunch are all saluted for their incredible hard work and brilliance.  Afro Afro Afro

+1  Afro

Reply #36 - May 10, 2010, 02:46 PM

I don't see how people can have it both ways. If they want NSFW filtered then let it be inaccessible to them. It's either that or enforce the prepending of [NSFW] to thread names. There seem to be enough mods to ensure conformity, and as I mentioned before people will get into better habits.

Yes, I suggest we append or prepend [NSFW] to the title for now. Old threads should be renamed. (Some mod do it please. Smiley )

CEMB-Chat
     Reply #37 - May 10, 2010, 02:50 PM

Yes, I suggest we append or prepend [NSFW] to the title for now. Old threads should be renamed. (Some mod do it please. Smiley )

The only reason I mentioned prepending as opposed to appending is because I noticed longer thread names are truncated in the Recent Posts box which would obscure the [NSFW] tag.

Reply #38 - May 10, 2010, 02:53 PM

Good point. Then prepending it shall be. Smiley

CEMB-Chat
     Reply #39 - May 10, 2010, 03:35 PM

Yes, but why should we have to edit a persons title manually each time to prepend the NSFW bit?

that's seems like constant work.   Cheesy

God, you would think people were perfectly capable of seeing that the thread in question is in the NSFW sub forum, ergo it may not be SFW or family.

Come on people, we are adults here, hass is able to steer clear of them.

It's pretty obvious that a thread called rainbow kisses in a NSFW section is going to be disgusting in some way.

At least until we find a mod that does this shit automatically...............no?   wacko

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #40 - May 10, 2010, 03:35 PM

Excuse the laziness.   Tongue

Reply #41 - May 10, 2010, 03:53 PM

Yes it does say in the list which subforum the thread is in, so we should be checking that before clicking. If you don't want to see NSFW threads, then don't click on any inside the NSFW forum.

But I agree that it would be great to have a mod installed that let members ignore certain subforums.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #42 - May 10, 2010, 03:58 PM

Better idea:

Make the NSFW forum restricted:
    - Deny access to default users.
    - Grant NSFW access to anyone that requests it.

Everyone happy.

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #43 - May 10, 2010, 03:59 PM

PS: if you do that, grant me access cause I am a perv.

Reply #44 - May 10, 2010, 04:00 PM

Yes it does say in the list which subforum the thread is in, so we should be checking that before clicking. If you don't want to see NSFW threads, then don't click on any inside the NSFW forum.

But I agree that it would be great to have a mod installed that let members ignore certain subforums.

I think the issue was more with people clicking on things in the "Recent Posts" box without realising that they were NSFW. Perhaps we could mod the Recent Posts code to auto-prepend [NSFW] to threads within the Rants sub-forum?

Reply #45 - May 10, 2010, 04:03 PM

Are you talking about the list of Recent Unread Topics here http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?action=unread

or the Recent Posts here
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?action=recent

Both show which forum the thread or post is in, though. Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #46 - May 10, 2010, 04:03 PM

PPS: actually I think it would be pretty easy to create a PHP page/module/plugin to let people add/remove themselves from said group.

Reply #47 - May 10, 2010, 04:05 PM

Better idea:

Make the NSFW forum restricted:
    - Deny access to default users.
    - Grant NSFW access to anyone that requests it.

Everyone happy.

That's a good idea. Again, I'm not sure about the capabilities of SMF but perhaps this would be possible with user groups? ie. Create an "Adult" group and allow users to join this group if they wish, then deny non-"Adult group" users access to NSFW sub-forums. Is this level of access granularity possible, Aziz?

Reply #48 - May 10, 2010, 04:07 PM

Are you talking about the list of Recent Unread Topics here http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?action=unread

or the Recent Posts here
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?action=recent

Both show which forum the thread or post is in, though. Smiley

I assumed people were talking about the "Recent Posts" sidebar.

Reply #49 - May 10, 2010, 04:24 PM

I assumed people were talking about the "Recent Posts" sidebar.

Ah ok.

Yeah either Berbs' or Tlaloc's idea would take care of that. Pre-pending would mean manually opening 195 threads one by one in the NSFW forum, and editing the title...  wacko

Reply #50 - May 10, 2010, 04:27 PM

Ah ok.

Yeah either Berbs' or Tlaloc's idea would take care of that. Pre-pending would mean manually opening 195 threads one by one in the NSFW forum, and editing the title...  wacko

Oh, I see. I assumed someone would roll some SQL to do that automatically... whistling2

Reply #51 - May 10, 2010, 04:39 PM

Does this forum software have any 'Who Quoted Me' functions?
     Reply #52 - May 10, 2010, 04:44 PM

Hm? Who says we have to rename all of them? Or are really all threads there NSFW?

CEMB-Chat
     Reply #53 - May 10, 2010, 04:46 PM

Hm? Who says we have to rename all of them? Or are really all threads there NSFW?

True, not all of them truly are... but then we'd have to go in and first figure out which ones are and which ones aren't... can a script be written that automatically pre-pends with [NSFW] all threads in that forum? I'll also check with os if we can apply one of those mods...

Reply #54 - May 10, 2010, 04:54 PM

There, I fixed the most offending ones. Angry Don't care about the rest atm. grin12

CEMB-Chat
     Reply #55 - May 10, 2010, 05:02 PM

Cheesy

Thanks Afro

Let's see if we can come up with a more permanent solution...

As far as I know, we don't, as of now.

Reply #56 - May 10, 2010, 08:15 PM

True, not all of them truly are... but then we'd have to go in and first figure out which ones are and which ones aren't... can a script be written that automatically pre-pends with [NSFW] all threads in that forum? I'll also check with os if we can apply one of those mods...

Exactly, and the rainbow kisses one for instance, doesn't even start about rainbow kisses on the very first OP, because it was split from another topic, you have to scroll down past a good few posts before the actual rainbow kissing stuff begins, so checking them manually could be time consuming.

Reply #57 - May 10, 2010, 08:31 PM

That's a damn good idea.  I too am having trouble keeping up with all the threads; but then again, I am not a forums expert user (but I'm fast becoming one).

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #58 - May 10, 2010, 08:32 PM

Berbs, I love your siggy Cheesy

Reply #59 - May 10, 2010, 08:34 PM

That's a damn good idea.  I too am having trouble keeping up with all the threads; but then again, I am not a forums expert user (but I'm fast becoming one).

Doesn't the "Replies to my posts" link, under the recent unread topics, do the same thing?  Wink

• Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »