Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islamic Reform Conference

(Read 30785 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Islamic Reform Conference
     Reply #90 - June 17, 2010, 08:03 AM

If Free-Minds Forum (http://www.free-minds.org/forum/) is anything to go by then Qur'anists are every bit as stubborn, stuck in their ways and blinkered as fundamentalists tbh.

They've just moved the goal posts back a bit - but are just as entrenched and intellectually dishonest imho - even if they have come up with a more digestible version of Islam.

the founder of free-minds was present and spoke a lot. he is a nice guy and i spoke with him over dinner and we had a friendly conversation - so i won't comment on what you said about them  lipsrsealed

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #91 - June 17, 2010, 08:10 AM

Aha so you got roped into guilt by your wife like I did  grin12  Anyhow you staying overnight?  Tell us how your trip went..

we stayed for a couple of nights. it was a nice little trip and the first time we've been there even though it's only an hour away. they've got a good aquarium and we went on a boat trip to watch some seals which migrate from the North Sea - Yunus seemed to really enjoy that.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #92 - June 17, 2010, 09:07 AM

we stayed for a couple of nights. it was a nice little trip and the first time we've been there even though it's only an hour away. they've got a good aquarium and we went on a boat trip to watch some seals which migrate from the North Sea - Yunus seemed to really enjoy that.

He'll love the aquarium more & more as he gets older, so I'm guessing this wont be your last trip to one.  Are you hoping to do more trips like that?

Also let me know if you agree with my thoughts on Rashid Khalifa below, were there a lot of his obsessed disciples there? 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #93 - June 17, 2010, 09:22 AM

I have to say i was never a fan of Rashad Khalifa and his work  even when i was a Quran-only. i'm sure there were a lot of his 'followers' at the conference - but i got the feeling that to bring up his name is a little 'impolite' because i know Edip Yuskel et al. don't like talking about him.

My wife is currently 4.5 months pregnant so we are limited to short trips for now - but that's ok since there are a lot of good farms around where we live - we probably will visit the deer farm next Smiley

Reply #94 - June 17, 2010, 09:35 AM

I have to say i was never a fan of Rashad Khalifa and his work  even when i was a Quran-only

Why not?

i'm sure there were a lot of his 'followers' at the conference - but i got the feeling that to bring up his name is a little 'impolite' because i know Edip Yuskel et al. don't like talking about him.

Why dont they like him? I would have thought they agree on more than they disagree on?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #95 - June 17, 2010, 09:44 AM

it's not that they don't like him, on the contrary they still repsect him very much. i think Edip may still in fact think he was a true messenger of God. they just don't like talking about him.

Feyrodoun Taslimi said to me that its almost as if the Quran-only movement became a cult - i always had this feeling and it never sat well with me.

Reply #96 - June 17, 2010, 01:23 PM

Say, why didn't Allah make you a high-profile Islamic scholar in the early Islamic history, so that we could read your awesome and enlightening Tafsir, AbuYunus? grin12

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #97 - June 17, 2010, 01:44 PM

because i is a bit dumb.

• Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »