Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hi to all

(Read 19382 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • hi to all
     OP - April 17, 2010, 11:43 PM

Hi friends! I'm shoaib and I'm a muslim. I watched hassan's videos on youtube and found them very interesting. I found the link of this site on his channel.
    Now i just want to tell all of you that Islam used to be very important part of my life but six months before i started to study islam without any biased thinking. I tried to view islam as a neutral person. Since then many doubts have sprung into my mind about the truth of islam.
    I'm not here to defend Islam. I'm a free thinker and if you give me any good logical proof against islam and if i find it valid, I will accept it without any hesitation. But i'm not going to support any illogical argument against islam. My second reason for joining this forum is to find out free thinkers like me. I live in a strict muslim country where asking basic questions against islam is considered "HARAM". I can't share my thoughts with my friends or relatives because for them God's revelation is superior than logic and anyone who criticizes islam deserves punishment. I hope i'm going to have healthy discussion with all of you. 
  • Re: hi to all
     Reply #1 - April 17, 2010, 11:50 PM

Hello Shoaib, welcome Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - April 17, 2010, 11:53 PM

Welcome Shoaib Smiley
     Reply #3 - April 17, 2010, 11:54 PM

Welcome to the forum, Shoaib!

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #4 - April 17, 2010, 11:57 PM

Welcome shoaib. Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #5 - April 17, 2010, 11:57 PM

Howdy. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - April 18, 2010, 12:09 AM

Thanks for your welcome friends......
     Reply #7 - April 18, 2010, 12:17 AM

hello, shoaib.  Smiley

I commend you for your honest inquiry into whether Islam is true or not. A lot of people probably just run with the assumption of its truth because it's the easy thing to do, rather than asking difficult questions about what they and others around them believe.
     Reply #8 - April 18, 2010, 12:19 AM

Glad you joined us Shoaib - I hope you find you stay here interesting, and dont get to offended by some of our views.  I know I would have when I was a 5 times a day musalman Wink

I commend you for your honest inquiry into whether Islam is true or not. A lot of people probably just run with the assumption of its truth because it's the easy thing to do, rather than asking difficult questions about what they and others around them believe.

+1 whatever conclusions you draw in the end, at least you can say you tried your best to understand both sides of the argument, without relying on selective bias.  Good on you, and let your open & critical mind bear you lots of fruit in the future  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - April 18, 2010, 12:25 AM

hello, shoaib.  Smiley

Thanks for your support friend
     Reply #10 - April 18, 2010, 12:29 AM

Hello Sohaib Saab, welcome here..
     Reply #11 - April 18, 2010, 12:29 AM

btw how did you find this site Shoaib?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #12 - April 18, 2010, 12:32 AM

Glad you joined us Shoaib - I hope you find you stay here interesting, and dont get to offended by some of our views.  I know I would have when I was a 5 times a day musalman Wink

Don't worry friend. I'm not thin skinned. I firmly believe in freedom of speech.
     Reply #13 - April 18, 2010, 12:35 AM

btw how did you find this site Shoaib?

I found it just becuase of hassan. I used to watch his videos and I found the link of this site on his channel. I think his videos are great but unfortunately he removed his videos from youtube. I don't know why Huh?
     Reply #14 - April 18, 2010, 12:36 AM

Hello Sohaib Saab, welcome here..

Thank you kimo
     Reply #15 - April 18, 2010, 01:09 AM

Welcome to the forum Shoaib!!
    Hope u like it here.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #16 - April 18, 2010, 01:09 AM

welcome dawg!

If you dont mind me asking what country do you live in that u find it so hard to find like minded people like you?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #17 - April 18, 2010, 07:14 AM

Welcome Shoaib.

I hope you can find the answers you are still looking for, amongst us.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #18 - April 18, 2010, 08:18 AM

Hi shoaib, nice to have you here!
     Reply #19 - April 18, 2010, 08:35 AM

I found it just becuase of hassan. I used to watch his videos and I found the link of this site on his channel. I think his videos are great but unfortunately he removed his videos from youtube. I don't know why Huh?

His videos can currently be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/cembadmins
     Reply #20 - April 18, 2010, 09:00 AM

welcome dawg!

If you dont mind me asking what country do you live in that u find it so hard to find like minded people like you?
    [/q

Reply #21 - April 18, 2010, 09:01 AM

His videos can currently be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/cembadmins

Thanks jt263
     Reply #22 - April 18, 2010, 09:33 AM

Welcome Shoaib.

I hope you can find the answers you are still looking for, amongst us.  Smiley

What the lady said  signwelcome

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #23 - April 18, 2010, 12:28 PM

Welcome, more free-thinking humans is always a great thing. Smiley I think it is very important to study and learn about everyone and everything that we can.
     Reply #24 - April 18, 2010, 12:38 PM

Greetings and salutations, Shoaib!

Greetings

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #25 - April 18, 2010, 01:42 PM

Hi friends! I'm shoaib and I'm a muslim. I watched hassan's videos on youtube and found them very interesting. I found the link of this site on his channel.
    Now i just want to tell all of you that Islam used to be very important part of my life but six months before i started to study islam without any biased thinking. I tried to view islam as a neutral person. Since then many doubts have sprung into my mind about the truth of islam.
    I'm not here to defend Islam. I'm a free thinker and if you give me any good logical proof against islam and if i find it valid, I will accept it without any hesitation. But i'm not going to support any illogical argument against islam. My second reason for joining this forum is to find out free thinkers like me. I live in a strict muslim country where asking basic questions against islam is considered "HARAM". I can't share my thoughts with my friends or relatives because for them God's revelation is superior than logic and anyone who criticizes islam deserves punishment. I hope i'm going to have healthy discussion with all of you. 

Welcome - unfortunately for those who are weak of faith they will attempt to shut down debate for fair it might cause them to lose their faith. It reminds me very much of the alternative translation of the Qur'an by Christopher Luxembourg:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Syro-Aramaic_Reading_of_the_Koran

Rather than admitting the possibility of not understanding the Qur'an correctly there seems to be Muslims who choose to instead to either ignore it or leave Islam than admit they got it wrong. Oh well, hopefully you'll be more open minded than some of the Muslims on YouTube Cheesy

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #26 - April 18, 2010, 03:56 PM

Welcome to hell.

Its amazing.  Afro

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #27 - April 18, 2010, 05:31 PM

Welcome Shoaib! I was exactly like you when it came to questioning Islam. And like you, I did indeed look at Islam as a neutral person without any biased thinking, seeing as no muslim I know ever did and....well, this is how I turned out!  Wink
    Here are questions you can ask yourself to warm up, and try to be very honest with yourself:
    1. If I was born in another family of a different faith, would I still convert to Islam? Or would I see my birth-faith as the one true religion?
    2. If predestination is true, then how is it fair that some people are destined to die on another faith than Islam? How does this explain our freedom to choose what to believe?
    3. If the ideal 'perfectly good' person were to exist, and died not believing in Islam, would it be fair to send that person to hell?
    4. Punishment in hell is forever, try to imagine how long "forever" is.

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine

https://twitter.com/AlharbiMoe
     Reply #28 - April 18, 2010, 06:02 PM

Thanks for your welcome Moealharbi. You have asked very good questions and  I will try to answer them honestly.

1. If I was born in another family of a different faith, would I still convert to Islam? Or would I see my birth-faith as the one true religion?
    answer: If i was born in another religion, I would probably reject islam as true religion.

2. If predestination is true, then how is it fair that some people are destined to die on another faith than Islam? How does this explain our freedom to choose what to believe?

answer: predestination has different meanings for different theists. For many it doesn't stop man's freedom to choose.

3. If the ideal 'perfectly good' person were to exist, and died not believing in Islam, would it be fair to send that person to hell?
    answer: No, it isn't fair. Its very wrong

4. Punishment in hell is forever, try to imagine how long "forever" is.

answer: Burning people forever in hell is wrong even if they are criminals.
     Reply #29 - April 18, 2010, 06:05 PM

Good set of questions Moe.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »