Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 06:13 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 05:44 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 02:05 PM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Who will you vote for?
  • Labour - 1 (2.8%)
  • Conservative - 4 (11.1%)
  • Liberal Democrat - 12 (33.3%)
  • UKIP - 0 (0%)
  • SNP - 0 (0%)
  • Green - 0 (0%)
  • Democratic Unionist - 0 (0%)
  • BNP - 1 (2.8%)
  • Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
  • Sinn Fein - 0 (0%)
  • Ulster Unionist - 0 (0%)
  • SDLP - 0 (0%)
  • Other - 0 (0%)
  • I'm undecided. - 0 (0%)
  • I can't vote. - 13 (36.1%)
  • I won't vote. - 5 (13.9%)
  • Total Voters: 36

Topic: The 2010 UK election - who will you vote for?

(Read 52978 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 22 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The 2010 UK election - who will you vote for?
     Reply #60 - April 11, 2010, 03:26 PM

They're just focusing on Islam because it sells well. It's their new strategy.
    Quote from: Nick Griffin in Burnley in March 2006
    We bang on about Islam. Why? Because to the ordinary public out there it's the thing they can understand. It's the thing the newspaper editors sell newspapers with. If we were to attack some other ethnic group—some people say we should attack the Jews... But ... we've got to get to power. And if that was an issue we chose to bang on about when the press don't talk about it ... the public would just think we were barking mad. They'd just think oh, you're attacking Jews just because you want to attack Jews. You're attacking this group of powerful Zionists just because you want to take poor Manny Cohen the tailor and shove him in a gas chamber. That's what the public would think. It wouldn't get us anywhere other than stepping backwards. It would lock us in a little box; the public would think "extremist crank lunatics, nothing to do with me." And we wouldn't get power.

If you want you can watch the entire speech here:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1269630805284168668#

Also, I would like anyone who is considering voting for the BNP to tell me what Griffin means by what he says in this video at 1:17:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04QolIvfQEw

This is a party that has had leaders who have denied the holocaust, who had said Mein Kempf is their bible, and who praised Oswald Mosley.
    Anybody who believes they've changed is either blind or intentionally deluding themselves.
     Reply #61 - April 11, 2010, 03:28 PM

What IA says ^^^

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #62 - April 11, 2010, 03:30 PM

3 BNP votes !

Whoever voted for them, please explain their reasons why, or at least make themselves known?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #63 - April 11, 2010, 03:37 PM

The funny thing is that Griffin says that they have to water down their policies so that they can be accepted into the mainstream and eventually get into power only to enforce the policies they abandoned in the first place.
    Does he not realize that the people who would supposedly vote for them only because they abandoned they racist policies would not allow them to enforce these policies? wouldn't hell break lose?
    I mean does he really believe the British people are racist or is he just saying this to keep the donations from his base coming?
     Reply #64 - April 11, 2010, 03:40 PM

It's going to be very educational to me as someone who don't know anything about the Islamic religion.  Afro

Not to be a douche, but I can't stand it when people say Muslim Religion or the Islamic religion. Its Islam.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #65 - April 11, 2010, 04:48 PM

It's however you wanna say it, like some say it's the one true religion, even though it's just islam.   Wink

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #66 - April 11, 2010, 05:35 PM

3 BNP votes !

Whoever voted for them, please explain their reasons why, or at least make themselves known?

It's our old friend HenriMoaner and it looks like he has made two sock puppet accounts. He doesn't post here any more, and only wants to slag us off at FFI despite people welcoming him back after his first tantrum. Roll Eyes Plus duplicate and triplicate accounts are a breach of our rules, and making them solely for the purpose of skewing poll results is really slimy. My guess is he wants to make us look like BNP supporters. Banhammer FTW. Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #67 - April 11, 2010, 05:51 PM

Os is Big Brother Grin

Suck on it, saboteurs, trolls, ghouls and smelly wannabe BNP poll twisters  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #68 - April 11, 2010, 05:58 PM

Had a brief pm exchange with him since one of his accounts logged in just before I banned them all. He didn't deny it and was surprised we were able to track who had voted in the poll. Made a comment about our "overpriced software really earning its keep". That's hilarious, because all our software is free.  bunny

Oh and credit to Berbs for checking the poll votes. I checked all the IP's used and login times and the matches were solid.

Reply #69 - April 11, 2010, 06:00 PM

Muuuuahahahaha  Grin

God is Love.

Reply #70 - April 11, 2010, 06:35 PM

Had a brief pm exchange with him since one of his accounts logged in just before I banned them all. He didn't deny it and was surprised we were able to track who had voted in the poll. Made a comment about our "overpriced software really earning its keep". That's hilarious, because all our software is free.  bunny

Oh and credit to Berbs for checking the poll votes. I checked all the IP's used and login times and the matches were solid.

I think I should reset the votes in that case. Are people able to change their votes, by the way? I ticked the option initially, but after editing a typo on the poll I think it was lost. Could you check it please?
     Reply #71 - April 11, 2010, 06:48 PM

I wouldn' t bother resetting the poll. That's a PITA for people and we can just ignore the obvious troll votes. All the other seem legit. Smiley

And I've sorted the vote changing option.  Afro

Reply #72 - April 11, 2010, 06:53 PM

Thanks. I'm gonna go ahead and reset the poll though - I'm just really anal like that. Sorry folks.

Edit: Crap. I reset the count and the option to change votes vanished again. Sorry for the bother osmanthus - I'd appreciate it if you could fix it one more time. Thanks.
     Reply #73 - April 11, 2010, 07:00 PM

Make sure you check that option when editing the poll. Tongue You should be able to do it yourself.

Reply #74 - April 11, 2010, 07:02 PM

I would, but it isn't available on the edit screen. Probably a glitch.
     Reply #75 - April 11, 2010, 07:19 PM

Weird. I'll look into that as it must be a simple permissions problem in the template coding. I can see it as an admin. Resetting now............

Reply #76 - April 15, 2010, 05:07 PM

Just finished watching the live debated between, Brown, Cameron and Clegg.

And before all the pundits give their views - my view is Nick Clegg came across really well. I'm liking him more and more!  Afro

I thought Brown sounded tired, boring and heavily scripted and Cameron sounded slippery and smarmy.
     Reply #77 - April 15, 2010, 05:14 PM

We are most probably on our way to the first ever atheist prime-minister of UK  dance

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #78 - April 15, 2010, 05:20 PM

We are most probably on our way to the first ever atheist prime-minister of UK  dance

I think it will be impossible for the Lib Dems to actually win - but they may end up sharing power with one of the two - probably with Cameron - and I think that would be a good thing.
     Reply #79 - April 15, 2010, 05:22 PM

I liked Clegg's honesty about the need to make cuts and he has some good suggestions about how to do that - while Brown kept insisting we need to spend our way out of crisis and Cameron just sounded non committal.
     Reply #80 - April 15, 2010, 05:28 PM

Poll on who won the debate:

43% Clegg

26% Cameron

20% Brown

11% None
     Reply #81 - April 15, 2010, 05:34 PM

I liked Clegg's honesty about the need to make cuts and he has some good suggestions about how to do that - while Brown kept insisting we need to spend our way out of crisis and Cameron just sounded non committal.

Ditto. I just saw the audience reaction on ITN, Clegg seems to have done quite well for the LibDems tonight. I still need to find the time to read their manifesto's before wading into a debate, tbh.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #82 - April 15, 2010, 05:38 PM

I hope this translates into votes for the Lib Dems. Hopefully Clegg will able to keep the momentum going.
     Reply #83 - April 15, 2010, 05:41 PM

I feel Brown is just making silly promises of spending to save his neck - and sounds like like he's fiddling while Rome burns.

I suspect Cameron will win, but it worries me that he seems also want to just say things that please and pretends that stopping waste will somehow pay off our debt.

Clegg was much more honest and really seemed to understand what he was talking about - and was also very assured (quite surprising for such a young and inexperienced  politician) He made excellent suggestions imho about cutting Trident (the Cold War is long over FFS!) and ending Tax Credits for those who don't really need it etc..
     Reply #84 - April 15, 2010, 05:46 PM

I think it will be impossible for the Lib Dems to actually win - but they may end up sharing power with one of the two - probably with Cameron - and I think that would be a good thing.

Yes, but last I heard Cameron was an atheist too.  So either way its win-win on the secular front.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #85 - April 15, 2010, 05:52 PM

Yes, but last I heard Cameron was an atheist too.  So either way its win-win on the secular front.

I'm not so sure. The tories talking about tax cuts for married couples and things like this make me a little suspicious about whether they've really turned over a new leaf. I hope I'm wrong.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #86 - April 15, 2010, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I dont think there is going to be that much difference between any of them - there's limited room for manoevre these days in this cash strapped society.

I was talking purely from a secular standpoint

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #87 - April 15, 2010, 06:19 PM

Yes, but last I heard Cameron was an atheist too.  So either way its win-win on the secular front.

Where did you hear that? I thought he said he was a Christian http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article1434471.ece

I'm not so sure. The tories talking about tax cuts for married couples and things like this make me a little suspicious about whether they've really turned over a new leaf. I hope I'm wrong.

What about Alan Duncan?

On a related note, I don't think private establishments (in this case B&Bs) should be forced to serve gay customers or black customers or Muslims customers....etc
     Reply #88 - April 15, 2010, 06:26 PM

On a related note, I don't think private establishments (in this case B&Bs) should be forced to serve gay customers or black customers or Muslims customers....etc

I do!

Reply #89 - April 15, 2010, 06:27 PM

Where did you hear that? I thought he said he was a Christian

You just burst my bubble.  Checked the web, and apparently he wants to expand faith-based school handjob

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 22 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »