Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: UK's Islam TV: Wives must not refuse sex with spouse

(Read 2519 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • UK's Islam TV: Wives must not refuse sex with spouse
     OP - March 25, 2010, 12:54 PM

I've watched it a few times, it has a nasty atmosphere.

Good on Quillam for wading through what must have been hours of loathsome nonsense. This is salafaism in full effect guys. Read what they are teaching Muslims in the UK through this channel.

++++++

UK's Muslim TV: Wives must not refuse sex with spouse

Britain's leading Muslim TV channel was accused of encouraging “marital rape” and promoting other intolerant views of women in a report on extremism published today.

The report by think tank Quillam says that the London-based Islam Channel broadcast comments saying that “the idea a woman cannot refuse her husband relations” was “not strange” and was instead part of “maintaining a strong marriage”.

It says that the channel also broadcast advice that a wife should not leave her home without her husband's permission and that a woman who wears perfume in public is a prostitute.

The think tank, which is calling for an investigation by broadcasting watchdog Ofcom, also accuses the channel of advertising talks by al Qaeda-supporting preacher Anwar al-Awlaki, who is alleged to have inspired failed Detroit bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, and of giving a platform to other extremist Islamists.

The report, which was based on an analysis of broadcasts over three months, also states that Islam Channel's programmes have undermined trust between community groups by airing hostile comments about non-Muslims and those who follow alternative versions of Islam.

The channel's website says that it aims “to present the Islamic viewpoint and values” and provide “authoritative and impartial Islamic information”. It aims to act as an “interface” between Muslims and non-Muslims and remove misconceptions about the religion.

But Talal Rajab, the report's author, said the programmes regularly promoted an “intolerant and out-of-date” form of Islam with unacceptable views. He said: “It is the most-watched Muslim TV channel in the UK. During the three-month period that we monitored its output, it repeatedly promoted bigoted and reactionary views towards women, non-Muslims and other Muslim sects.

“Although the channel does not directly call for terrorist violence, it clearly helps to create an atmosphere in which religiously-sanctioned intolerance and even hatred might be seen as acceptable.

"By promoting a single narrow version of Islam, Saudi Wahhabism, the Islam Channel is wasting an enormous opportunity to positively shape the nature of Islam in Britain.”

Among the comments highlighted by the report were those by a guest on the programme Muslimah Dilemma on whether a wife should always agree to sex with her husband.

The guest said “it is a bit strange... to refuse relations. It would harm a marriage. The idea that a woman, even if married, can refuse relations with her husband because of individual choice'... is part of the Western culture, but not Islam.”

There was concern about the religious advice programme IslamiQA, in which viewers were told “the majority of people in the hell will be women” because they are the cause of “calamities, hardship and suffering” in Western society. The same presenter tells viewers that if a woman wears perfume in public and it is smelt by a stranger “then she is declared a prostitute”.

The privately funded Islam Channel, which launched in 2004, has already been found by Ofcom to have breached the broadcasting code on impartiality during elections, and for broadcasting an unbalanced programme about the ownership of Jerusalem.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23818856-uks-muslim-tv-wives-must-not-refuse-sex-with-spouse.do

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Re: UK's Islam TV: Wives must not refuse sex with spouse
     Reply #1 - March 25, 2010, 01:32 PM

Sad to say; I'm not surprised by this article at all.  wacko

But it has piqued my interest in watching the Islam Channel.  Does anyone know what channel it's on on Sky?

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #2 - March 25, 2010, 01:41 PM

Its channel 813 on Sky

http://www.islamchannel.tv/

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #3 - March 25, 2010, 01:42 PM

“the majority of people in the hell will be women” because they are the cause of “calamities, hardship and suffering” in Western society.

Well, women and the Jews.
     Reply #4 - March 25, 2010, 08:03 PM

This issue has always pissed me off. Muslims are so quick to claim that women do not become the "property" of their husbands, but if they are not allowed to make an "individual" choice like this, if the husband has full and unlimited control in this regard, then what are they?

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #5 - March 25, 2010, 08:12 PM

well some of CEMB or ffi members should join that   " ISLAM channel UK" and try to educate the guys by asking innocent questions and giving links on their subject of discussion..  friends can use these links to do that, watch their TV online ..

http://www.islamchannel.tv/

and there is a discussion forum  http://www.islamchannel.tv/Forums/ShowForumCategory.aspx

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - March 25, 2010, 08:25 PM

Islam is founded on equal treatment of men and women. Western values, use women as objects to sell products, a woman is paid less for doing the same job as men.

Islam is perfect, the Prophets Moses, Jesus and Mohammad Peace be Upon them all are guides for all of mankind as are all the prophets.
    Followers of Islam are not perfect and everyone makes mistakes.

Please do not judge a religion based on news articles and comments. And also do not judge a TV channel based on what an organisation that itself is founded by ex-extremists looking to get famous and get into the limelight.

- Ibn Adam, London

How can marital rape be encouraged when the punishment for rape in Islam is death? That's ridiculous. The Quilliam foundation needs to do a better job at identifying real problems, instead of misinterpreting something that was said on Islam Channel. Yes a woman is not supposed to refuse her husband sex without a reason and the man is not supposed to refuse his wife sex without a reason likewise because doing this would increase animosity between the couple.

- Fatima, London

Musulmans are brilliant.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #7 - March 25, 2010, 10:07 PM

This issue has always pissed me off. Muslims are so quick to claim that women do not become the "property" of their husbands, but if they are not allowed to make an "individual" choice like this, if the husband has full and unlimited control in this regard, then what are they?

It is like the argument that Islam's treatment of slaves will be ok because they are suppose to treat their slaves as they would their family expect the can't shouldn't refuse sex from their master or do anything that their master doesn't agree to or ever make their own decisions.  Other than that just like the family.  

It is like there are two parts of the brain that aren't connecting. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »