Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey World!

(Read 7320 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey World!
     OP - March 21, 2010, 09:06 AM

Hello to you all!

And an especially HUGE Hello to all of the Ex-muslims here who have braved severe bodily injury to become thinking, caring members of the Human society!!!!

I'm Dave, a 53 y/o Firefighter from Canada.
    I'm 6'2, 220lbs with wavy blonde hair and blue...oh crap, wrong site..sorry. Wink
    Well it's true except the "wavy hair" bit, but I digress.

I came across the CEMB home page because I appreciate those who stand up against intolerant religions (or whatever dogma) and I couldn't help but be sympathetic for these brave folks who have unshackled themselves from it. WTG, all of us need more like you to step forward and raise your voices. Then I started reading the forums a few days ago and I was SUPER impressed by the intelligent and well prosed posts by the members. I'm a member at FaithFreedom.org but I'm constantly appalled at most of their senior members who just hate-bash any muslim posters there as bad as they would be on an Islamic forum. Two wrongs do not a right make, and at this site I've found the members to be analytical and intelligent in their debunking of religions. That's how it's done IMHO, nobody responds well to having some idiot (even if they're right) up in your face calling you a bunch of dirty names. That just makes anyone all the more more stubborn, we are only human after all.

I've been doing PC help forums for over 15 years now. I worked for free as an independant malware analyzer for AV companies and antimalware developers for about 12 of those years. I reverse engineered new varients and then together we'd work out techniques to defeat them. After 12 years I was burnt out and the new stuff these days is so complex it can take a week of work, and by that time it's morphed another 3 times already... sigh. I'm getting ready to hang up the boots soon, and all the security industry has in-house staff to do this these days, so I'm done in both careers. I still help out as a Windows expert on some forums at times and I build machines so I'm pretty good with hardware too, but I just don't have the drive to do it as much as I used to.
    I'd like to say that I'll be a constant contributor here and on every day, but my health and energy levels just won't play nicely enough to accomodate that unfortunately. But I will pop in now & then to read some and say Hi, and add my buck-O-five's worth when my fingers don't hurt too much to type.

Again tho...man, I really admire those of you who are under constant threat because of your informed decisions to leave a tyrannical ideology. I can't imagine the stress that puts you under, but we All Thank you for making it, and wanting to help others make it as well. Whatever I can do to help you with that end, I will do. I see a very dark future for mankind if things continue as they are, unchecked and unrecognized by too many, as usual until it's too late.

Please feel free to check out my 1st post here so you can have an idea of how I think.
    Oh, it won't let me post a link, not even an internal one, so let's just try the URL - nope, can't do that either. Oh well...you want me...find me! Hahahah.. lipsrsealed

Dave

"I will not give credit for my accomplishments to an imaginary supreme being, therefore, I also take full responsibility for all of the miserable failures in my life."
  • Re: Hey World!
     Reply #1 - March 21, 2010, 09:11 AM

Hi Dave Smiley Welcome!

Thank you for kind words. I think you need 10 posts before you can post a link, nor sure. 
     Reply #2 - March 21, 2010, 09:13 AM

Dave

Thanks for the intro and your kind words, much appreciated.
     Reply #3 - March 21, 2010, 09:25 AM

Hi Dave. Welcome to the forum. We're mostly well behaved, except on full moons and weekends.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #4 - March 21, 2010, 09:26 AM

Welcome Dave Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #5 - March 21, 2010, 09:28 AM

If anybody is interested he has a great start:

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=8321.msg236090#msg236090
     Reply #6 - March 21, 2010, 10:26 AM

Welcome, Dave Smiley
     Reply #7 - March 21, 2010, 10:48 AM

Hi Chappy!

Reply #8 - March 21, 2010, 11:32 AM

Hi, Dave! Welcome. Smiley

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #9 - March 21, 2010, 05:01 PM

Greetings.  Smiley
     Reply #10 - March 21, 2010, 05:40 PM

Welcome fellow Canuck.  Afro

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #11 - March 21, 2010, 07:37 PM

Welcome Dave! Glad to have you here Smiley

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #12 - March 21, 2010, 07:39 PM

Welcome Chappy.
     Reply #13 - March 21, 2010, 07:43 PM

Welcome Dave.

Nice intro.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #14 - March 21, 2010, 10:07 PM

Thanx y'all!

I just get good vibes from this forum and the member posts I've read so far, and wanted to let you know how much many of us appreciate your courage. Like I said before, I just can't imagine the position your decisions have put you in, having family and friends possibly disown you and a religion that tells them they must kill you...wow, unreal.
    I have a close family and not one of us would ever think of ignoring any one of them simply because they don't conform to standards that others force upon us, in fact it would make us draw even closer together. I hope this is the case for you also because if you can't love your family no matter what, you simply can't love anything.

Hi Iblis!
    Isn't Canuckland a great place! We're having a pretty nice one here in SK today, but I think lake superior has been moved to my street. It's gotta be 2' in places, but we're not complaining  Smiley

"I will not give credit for my accomplishments to an imaginary supreme being, therefore, I also take full responsibility for all of the miserable failures in my life."
     Reply #15 - March 22, 2010, 01:00 AM

This forum getting overrun by Canucks  mysmilie_977 Just joking, gotta love you guys.  Welcome and enjoy your stay  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - March 22, 2010, 01:10 AM

Hi Iblis!
    Isn't Canuckland a great place! We're having a pretty nice one here in SK today, but I think lake superior has been moved to my street. It's gotta be 2' in places, but we're not complaining  Smiley

Damn, where do you live? Saskatoon?

I live on a lake too, but weather has been pretty decent as of late. I wish winter were this mild every year. Warmest february I've experienced.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #17 - March 22, 2010, 05:25 AM

Close, just a few hours south of "The Bush", in the Queen City.
    It wasn't bad here for the most part but I'm sure glad to see it go as usual.

Quote from: Islame
    This forum getting overrun by Canucks

Ha-hah...we're taking over right under your very noses and there's NOTHING you can do about it!

(Note from Adminn - Chappy and all Canucks are hereby banned for attempting hostile takeover)

Oh snap...

• Hey World!
     Reply #18 - January 03, 2015, 02:45 AM

Hey y'all....I'm baaaacckkk

I have to apologize, I came here expecting to stay and make some new good friends and then life stepped in and kicked me in the crotch...again.
    I can't even begin to tell you why I haven't been back in (4 yrs..really?) but it's been harsh and from my point of view, completely unfair and unjustified.  I've lost some of my enjoyment of life, I lost my sister and just about lost a leg this year alone and this still has been one of the better of the 4.

Re-reading this post, and a few of my others, has reminded me just why I decided to try to put down some roots here and it's good to see many of the names/people I've chatted with, I hope you're all still here!
    I probably won't be a regular poster but I sure hope to re-ignite some of the friendly fire that warmed me when I was here before, that is if I'm not still banned...

quote - (Note from Adminn - Chappy and all Canucks are hereby banned for attempting hostile takeover)

Oh snap...
    /quote

• Hey World!
     Reply #19 - January 03, 2015, 06:40 AM

Welcome back Chappy. Glad to have you here.  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Hey World!
     Reply #20 - January 03, 2015, 08:50 AM

Welcome, Chappy, sorry to hear you've had a tough time of late. If it helps I've also had a difficult last few years.

But Spurs beat Chelsea 5-3 on 1st January, so I know this year will be better…  I hope :-D
  • Hey World!
     Reply #21 - January 03, 2015, 09:13 PM

But Spurs beat Chelsea 5-3 on 1st January, so I know this year will be better…  I hope :-D

booo  Angry
  • Hey World!
     Reply #22 - January 03, 2015, 09:33 PM

• Hey World!
     Reply #23 - January 03, 2015, 09:34 PM

• Hey World!
     Reply #24 - January 03, 2015, 10:06 PM

You just want to rub it in don't ya abu?
  • Hey World!
     Reply #25 - January 03, 2015, 11:19 PM

Yep  grin12
  • Hey World!
     Reply #26 - January 04, 2015, 01:42 AM

Who had the last laugh?

(But I've still got my Cop For That Fritz t-shirt.)
  • Hey World!
     Reply #27 - January 04, 2015, 04:52 AM

And an especially HUGE Hello to all of the Ex-muslims here who have braved severe bodily injury to become thinking, caring members of the Human society!!!!

There's a fine line between being critical of something, and dehumanizing the people who believe or are that thing. Dehumanizing makes you just as bad as or worse than the people you're being critical of; dehumanizing is the first step to holocaust, because "they" aren't like "us" and "they" are not worthy of "our" human rights (insert any groups in the blanks, doesn't really matter which groups you're talking about, this kind of thinking is what is behind every genocide and almost all wars).

My being critical of dehumanizing others for not being born into the "right kind" of family is the main thing I had against Judaism (certainly not all Jews are racists; but Jewish law is very racist), and by extension one of the reasons I had converted to Islam in the first place.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Hey World!
     Reply #28 - January 04, 2015, 08:54 AM

(Clicky for piccy!)

Who had the last laugh?

(But I've still got my Cop For That Fritz t-shirt.)

Oh that's a day that will always be fresh in my memory.  Afro
  • Hey World!
     Reply #29 - January 05, 2015, 03:20 AM

There's a fine line between being critical of something, and dehumanizing the people who believe or are that thing. Dehumanizing makes you just as bad as or worse than the people you're being critical of; dehumanizing is the first step to holocaust, because "they" aren't like "us" and "they" are not worthy of "our" human rights (insert any groups in the blanks, doesn't really matter which groups you're talking about, this kind of thinking is what is behind every genocide and almost all wars).

My being critical of dehumanizing others for not being born into the "right kind" of family is the main thing I had against Judaism (certainly not all Jews are racists; but Jewish law is very racist), and by extension one of the reasons I had converted to Islam in the first place.

I wrote that over 4 years ago and I agree it wasn't the best way to start off that post, it wasn't meant to be dehumanizing but I can see your point.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »