Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The ex-Muslims list

(Read 92056 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #300 - August 22, 2013, 01:56 PM

Now you're spoiling me  Smiley

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #301 - August 22, 2013, 08:29 PM

no one from italy in the list   Cry
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #302 - August 26, 2013, 02:28 AM

Muhammad from Washington, D.C. , USA

Co-Founder Ex-Muslims of North America
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #303 - September 29, 2013, 09:33 AM

Name: kulay
    Belief: atheist
    My top 3 reasons are
    -god caring what foot I enter the bathroom with
    -penalty for apostasy, especially for people born into islam who never chose to be muslim (don't let apologetics fool you, penalty is death only difference is some won't admit it publicly)
    -the incredible mood swings of god (you say one word at the right time and all is forgiven even if you killed millions or you burn for eternity just because you refused to believe without evidence)

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #304 - September 29, 2013, 09:45 AM

"Incredible mood swings of gold" love this.  If you do so and so you get 40 times the reward, and you pray this on this date like this you get 80 years of rewards. Left me thinking " who the hell makes this stuff up...?" Followed by "WAIT- this stuff is made up!"
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #305 - September 29, 2013, 03:06 PM

"If you do so and so you get 40 times the reward, and you pray this on this date like this you get 80 years of rewards." I call it "the haram point system" I just  decided to go metric.  Cheesy

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #306 - November 05, 2013, 06:23 AM

So is this going to be updated anytime soon?

Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.

Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.
    - George Carlin
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #307 - November 05, 2013, 07:10 AM

Come on UK!!!!! dance

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #308 - November 06, 2013, 12:45 AM

So is this going to be updated anytime soon?

Sorry dude. The list was up to date except for you. I skipped you for some reason. I have now updated the list.  parrot

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #309 - November 06, 2013, 05:34 AM

Sorry dude. The list was up to date except for you. I skipped you for some reason. I have now updated the list.  parrot

All good man Smiley

Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.

Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.
    - George Carlin
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #310 - November 06, 2013, 11:59 AM

Just skimmed the list, surprised how the vast majority are men. Btw gj on maintaning it guys.

"Live a good life. If there are god(s) and they are just, you will be rewarded based on virtue. If they're unjust, then you shouldn't want to worship them. If there are no gods, you will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of others."

-Re-interpretation of Marcus Aurelius
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #311 - November 23, 2013, 10:53 AM

Pin me

Name: Asiya

Former Muslim convert for 7 years

Belief: Just being me  Wink

Why I left islam: Long story short, I just stopped believing.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #312 - January 21, 2014, 12:52 PM

Name: Techno-Science
    Former Muslim convert for 17 years
    Belief: Atheism
    Why I left Islam: Science is colliding with Islam. There is no reason to believe in fairy tales and leave the scientific solid evidences about everything in our life. Science has given us the modern life. While Islam is promising an after life to an imaginary sex house where you have to make sex with 72 versions and endless number of 8 to 12 years old children. Islam is about to hate life and consider it worthless to live. You cannot listen to music, you cannot drink, you cannot even look to other women!. Islam has shrink the believers mentality to their underwear.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #313 - January 21, 2014, 03:48 PM

Name : codehawk
    Belief : agnostic/atheistic

Top 3 reasons :

*) The fall of the scientific "miracles" in the quran and many  insane stories such as giant humans , talking ants , flying donkey and other stuff and also about contradicting from evolution .

*) The realisation of the flawed personality/character of muhammed

*) The concept of hell and the fact that many people base their entire philosophy based on hell .
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #314 - February 03, 2014, 12:17 PM

Should probably have been more creative with my name  whistling2
    Belief: None

1 Reason : Science and Mathematics collide with the old ancient text books.
    Science and Mathematics always wins...
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #315 - February 06, 2014, 10:29 AM

Current views: i have no idea, i think it's too early to declare myself/ ex- muslim convert (over 5 years in islam)
    reason for leaving islam: polygamy in "jannah" - i don't wanna see my husband cheating on me with 100 women a day for eternity (“A man will go to one hundred virgins in one day – i.e., in Paradise.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 367. )
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #316 - February 06, 2014, 10:43 AM

Name- Rubaya

Belief- Atheism

Country- Bangladesh

Reason- The whole religion is flawed
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #317 - February 21, 2014, 01:02 PM

name: iamfreenow
    Current views: Agnostic
    reason for leaving islam: preaching hatred of non-Muslims, illogical and irrational, contradictions in the Quran, the life Muhammad lived, lack of dynamism, the lies I was told by muslims and islam since childhood, the absurdities in the Quran/hadith/sirat.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #318 - February 21, 2014, 01:44 PM

sex: male
    name: TheMostMercifulTyrant
    belief: Agnostic
    Top 3 reasons for leaving this cult:
    - Muhammad valued this world (which makes him a hypocrite becuz as a Muslim, you're not supposed to fall for this worldly life)
    - Paradise and Hell (they're both disgusting and evil to the core)
    - Producing a Sura like it (I found this challenge to be absurd and subjective)

Me: Hey Allah!
    Allah: KAFIR!
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #319 - February 21, 2014, 02:55 PM

Name: Descent
    Beliefs: Agnostic Atheist; secular humanist; Anti-theist
    Reasons for Leaving: Many; most notably the laughable scientific inaccuracies and ignorance found in the Quran.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #320 - March 06, 2014, 09:40 PM

Beliefs: not decided
    Reason for leaving:  Was previously Irish roman catholic, stopped believing in Jesus as God so converted to Islam (who beleive in Jesus too lol) I discovered later on that Islam was a giant mens club Smiley  women are excluded from everything, most annoyingly excluded from main group prayer at the mosque and pretend they pray five times a day at home.. Yeaah sure we do.. Smiley    I could write a whole book about this Smiley     My biggest dissapointment was when people found out i had stopped practising the faith, rather than stay my friend or help me out i was disowned and ignored.. Such a let down..
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #321 - May 02, 2014, 08:47 PM

Name: Ladybird
    Belief: Atheist
    Top 3:
    1. Science
    2. Too many rules
    3. Racism

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #322 - August 18, 2014, 08:25 PM

My name is Aliyah. I am a British Pakistani woman. I studied Salafi sunni Islam for 6 years, and have been in Islamic instuitions all of my life. I don't believe in Islam: I don't believe in flying horse, I don't believe Muhammed is a perfect example, I can't hate gay people no matter how hard I tried.  Afro
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #323 - September 01, 2014, 11:18 PM

Name: Lotofkamino
    Belief: Agnostic (6 on the Dawkins scale)

Top 3 reasons:

1. Flawed "scientific miracles" in the Quran, and the obvious plagiarism from Greek sources (really bugs me because in engineering school we were perpetually drilled on plagiarism).
    2. Sadistic god who would punish people just for not "believing" in his existence, despite being good people otherwise.
    3. The central figure of the religion being a delusional madman who may not even have existed.

Also, can I have the description under my name changed to Ex-Muslim too?
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #324 - October 22, 2014, 04:18 PM

Pin Me
    Name: mohan--mo
    UK
    Belief; Atheist for 2 years
    Reasons this sums every thing up apparently when were born the devil pokes us in the kidneys and that is why we cry when were born not because of change of environment or anything rational was told this morning by my dad.
    And oh... its a male entered religion.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #325 - November 05, 2014, 09:37 PM

UK
    Male
    Pakistani origin
    Brought up in a muslim family
    I do not think I ever truly believed
    I started seriously doubting as early as 8-13 years of age when I read Quran with Urdu / English translation. There was simply just too much nonsense in it, as I began to understand it.
    Hardly ever practiced it after the age of 14-15.
    I am an atheist / existentialist / humanist...
    My favourite philosophers are Neitchze, Camus and Sartre.
    I studied science and been practising it for 25 years and I love my work.
    I find it very hard to believe how and why people believe in a god or gods, things just don't add up.
    Have a nice day
    Smiley Smiley Smiley

Every true faith is infallible. It performs what the believing person hopes to find in it. But it does not offer the least support for the establishing of an objective truth. If you want to achieve peace of mind and happiness, have faith. If you want to be a disciple of truth, then search - Neitchze
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #326 - November 07, 2014, 12:40 AM

Beliefs: Agnostic? Unsure at the moment.

Reasons for leaving:
    1)The reward points system Say voodoo 3 times and all your sins for today have been wiped off your record
    2) How easily the religious texts can be "misinterpreted"
    3) Sharia Law: even after ditching the Hadiths, the "Quran" sharia was not much better.

Extra random reason: just thinking about the Universe.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #327 - November 08, 2014, 12:06 AM

Beliefs: Atheist
    Reasons: Lots, mainly to do with realizing all my religious experiences were the results of not having the right balance of chemicals in my brain and learning actual science not dogma-drenched psuedoscience.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #328 - December 25, 2014, 11:36 PM

Reasons: Also a lot. Don't get along with the idea of hell punishment for non-Muslims, and also all the rules and lack of freedom.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #329 - December 26, 2014, 01:57 AM

Reasons: I have many reasons:
    The problem of free will and an omniscient God.
    The problem with being punished for not believing despite belief being a result of how convinced a person is of evidence given.
    Evolution makes more sense to me than all species arising from the flick of a wand from an invisible man in the sky.
    Many more but i want to keep the list small

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »