Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Pakistan: The Nation.. The Politics... and The Religion

(Read 230219 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 21 22 2324 25 ... 32 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pakistan: The Nation.. The Politics... and The Religion
     Reply #660 - May 20, 2016, 03:13 PM

Tarek Fatah giving advise to Punjabi Muslims in pakistan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrK7DaNw6Io

I think you have some problem.
    Every thing I post, looks weird to you.

Reply #661 - May 20, 2016, 03:15 PM

Baloch kids killed by pakistani army muslims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ysaOa_bT84

Reply #662 - May 22, 2016, 04:29 PM

It seems that the drone attack who (probably) killed Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Mansour Akhtar, took place in Pakistan.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-kills-taliban-leader-mullah-mohammed-akhtar-mansour/
    It has made the Pakistanis pretty miffed. Quite a bit more miffed about the actual attack, than about the fact, that they were housing a top terrorist.
    It actually appears that he was there with the knowledge of and protection by the Pakistani intelligence service.
     Reply #663 - May 22, 2016, 07:14 PM

ISI inter services intelligence is playing a double game since 9/11 attacks.
    They were supporting coalition in war against terror.
    on other hand they were hiding osama bin ladin and supporting afghani talibans.

Reply #664 - May 23, 2016, 02:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgxqYabxg0

Reply #665 - June 11, 2016, 03:16 PM

this bearded baboon  Mullah Hafiz Hamdullah   who is also a senator in Pakistan assembly  http://www.senate.gov.pk/en/profile.php?uid=771&catid=&subcatid=&cattitle=

belongs to a Zoo  and he should be put there next to baboons without clothes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5MUQVlU1tg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeqdlooI1Kk

hmm   baboon  seems to be more involved in watching those indians and their Bollywood actresses than the filth he gets out of his oral shit hole...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoauP0Gj1rA

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #666 - June 29, 2016, 02:27 PM

Hamza Ali Abbasi speaks out on Land of pure .. religion and its politics..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzhgmAmDQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwgygOJ_muA

Hamza Ali Abbasi Banned by PEMRA from hosting Ramazan show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCqmyiJjvpI

Reply #667 - June 30, 2016, 01:18 PM

KP belongs to Afghans, no one can force them out: Mahmood Achakzai

KABUL: Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) chief Mahmood Khan Achakzai said he would not allow anyone to harass Afghan refugees in their own land, “because it also belongs to them”.

Achakzai, in an interview published by Afghanistan Times, said that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province belongs to Afghans and they can live there without fear and irritation.

“If Afghans are harassed in other parts of Pakistan, they should come here to the Pakhtunkhwa province, where no one can ask them for refugee cards, because it also belongs to them,” the PkMAP chief was quoted as saying.

He further warned that “Kabul and Islamabad should exercise extreme caution to resolve Torkham crossing conflict”.

“Otherwise, they should leave the issue to the US and China, and they would resolve it within two weeks.”

The United States had called on Afghanistan and Pakistan to peacefully resolve their tension on Torkham border.

Pakistan officials maintain that the unprovoked firing from Afghan forces is disrupting border management efforts by Pakistan Army.

“Torkham border issue and forceful repatriation of Afghan refugees are two separate issues. It not only raised concerns among Afghan officials in Afghanistan, but also made the Pashtun leaders here concerned,” he added.

Now we are talking ..,  '

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hrB9L51LZU

Strategic Depth' is coming back to  Pakhtunkhwa province,

Reply #668 - July 03, 2016, 12:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWcZNfn5TZ0

that is a good one to watch .. it opens eyes of those who think yeeeeeeeeeeeeha  from so-called Islamic nations

Reply #669 - July 05, 2016, 03:02 PM

DHA Karachi to rename Beach Avenue as Abdul Sattar Edhi Avenue

Cost for a house  in that colony ..  the houses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePD3Mqpq07I

And these criminal so-called developers   with high end political/military connections  exploit the name of this fakeer  name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyIM9eO2CSc

to make and sell their millions of rupees  beach house properties .. Off course they brought the land for few 100 rs from Land of pure rulers

Reply #670 - July 09, 2016, 07:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tos8WeJnK2c

that baboon will take every one in to Arabian ocean...........

Reply #671 - July 15, 2016, 06:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWgLfbmHFKk

well  that was four years ago... now news says

16-year-old girl set on fire as 'punishment' by Abbottabad jirga

ABBOTTABAD: The chilling murder of a 16-year-old girl strangled and set on fire in Galyat's Makol village has been linked to the orders given by a local jirga last week, police said Thursday.

Abbottabad police said a 15-member jirga called by the Makol village councillor Pervez ordered for the deceased, Ambreen, to be killed and set on fire as punishment for helping her friend escape the village to marry of her free will. Thirteen members have been arrested and due to appear before an anti-terrorism court, including the victim's mother, said police.

When the jirga ended after a six-hour meeting on April 28, the girl was taken from her home to an abandoned house where she was drugged, killed, and placed in the backseat of a parked van. The van was then doused with petrol and set on fire.

The charred body of the teenage girl was found in a torched Suzuki van in Donga Gali on Friday. Police recovered the drugs from the abandoned house near the site, as well as the can of petrol used to start the fire.

The body was tied to the seat of the vehicle, which was parked at a bus stop in the village. Another vehicle parked near the gutted van was also damaged. Police moved the body to Ayub Medical Complex for an autopsy.

The girl was later identified as the daughter of Riasat, a labourer who works in Balochistan’s Gadani area.

And that news is a month old..... 

Reply #672 - July 17, 2016, 07:46 PM

Victory at Lord's: Pakistan beat England by 75 runs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UJf5ydTPz0

that was  a good game.......

Reply #673 - July 19, 2016, 02:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNL_R6qZ2VI

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  well happy bunch   was a good game..

Reply #674 - July 22, 2016, 06:06 AM

The untold story of Quetta's Parsi community

...................Today, of the many Parsis who once resided here, only about two to four families remain. Others have either died because of natural causes or migrated out of Quetta.....

purl=http://herald.dawn.com/news/1153476/why-pakistanis-and-indians-need-to-learn-about-the-bomb]Why Pakistanis and Indians need to learn about the Bomb[/url]

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nuclear doctrines might also be in flux. China, India and Pakistan all say they embrace limited deterrence, but all are expanding their nuclear war fighting options. India asserts that it will retaliate massively to just one nuclear detonation. Pakistan doesn’t believe India. Pakistan asserts that it will use nuclear weapons first if it must; India doesn’t believe Pakistan. Meanwhile, borders remain contested and the territorial dispute over Kashmir is again on the boil. Diplomacy is moribund as the nuclear competition heats up. There is no basis for stability under these circumstances.

Nor is there evidence of nuclear learning. Unusable weapons do not add to national strength and security. The general public and strategic elites in India and Pakistan talk about fighting under the nuclear threshold and using nuclear weapons in war. A recent survey experiment found that under scenarios of a terrorist attack, a majority of Indian respondents favoured nuclear use even when other options were equally effective.

A recent Gallup survey found that should war break out, the vast majority of Pakistanis remained exceptionally confident of military victory over India, as if nuclear weapons can somehow accomplish what conventional and sub-conventional conflicts have failed to achieve.

Nuclear weapons have helped deter nuclear wars and full-scale conventional wars between nuclear-armed states. But it is unclear they have deterred anything else. There have been two limited conventional wars fought by nuclear-armed states. Nuclear weapons have not deterred sub-conventional wars, internal security threats, deep crises, or resolved the Kashmir dispute.

In an effort to promote nuclear learning, the Stimson Center, where we work, has launched a free and open online course on “Nuclear South Asia.” The course is an invitation to learn from experts beyond ones’ borders, deliberate over tough questions, and think hard about current and future challenges. The course combines and distills the wisdom of over 60 experts and former officials from India, Pakistan, and the United States.

Nuclear education can yield multiple benefits for everyone. Wherever they turn to for knowledge and information, students, analysts and the interested general public need to view hard problems from a variety of perspectives and engage in balanced analysis. We are confident that learning about the Bomb will help prompt new thinking on ways to reduce nuclear dangers and advance regional stability.,,,,

Reply #675 - July 30, 2016, 11:52 AM

Cooling down Kashmir by dr. Pervez  Hoodbhoy   

ONE wonders why the Indian army, with nearly 600,000 soldiers and paramilitary personnel, saw 22-year-old Burhan Wani and his Kashmiri lads as a terrible threat needing elimination.
    Surely these were not the monsters that murdered dozens at the Victoria Terminus and then scoured the rooms of the Taj looking for Hindus and Jews to shoot. They were not crazed religious extremists, nor on Pakistan’s payroll. Instead these angry rebellious youth were drawn by romance and bravado into their war against Indian occupation. They had a few guns but their real weapons were Facebook images.

That Wani was hunted down, and killed instead of captured, was bad enough. But the use of pellet guns to blind and maim hundreds of protesters at his funeral — no less than 200,000 — is downright criminal. Wani’s killing was also a clear slap in the face for India’s Supreme Court which, on July 8, had curtailed the immunity enjoyed thus far by the Indian armed forces. Specifically, its ruling declared that every armed person in a disturbed area, including Kashmir, may not be necessarily considered an enemy but, even if he turns out to be an enemy, excessive use of force is still not legally permitted.

Having chosen to create another dead hero for Kashmiri independence, India must once again deal with a rebellion that threatens to go viral. Reports say that protesters chanted ‘Tum kitne Burhan marogay? Har ghar se Burhan niklega’ (How many Burhans will you kill? A Burhan will emerge from every home). Wani’s killing may well have set into motion an action-reaction cycle that could take Kashmir back to the carnage of 1987. Set off by protests against the rigging of Kashmiri elections by far-off Delhi, India’s massive over-reaction had sparked off an insurgency that lasted into the early 2000s and resulted in the deaths of nearly 90,000 civilians, militants, police, and soldiers.

The indigenisation of the Kashmir movement suggests a new path for Pakistan. Those horrible times must never be forgotten. Nor, of course, must we forget that Pakistan had then hijacked an indigenous uprising.
    The crimes committed by Indian security forces were eventually eclipsed by those committed by Pakistan-based mujahideen. The massacres of Kashmiri Pandits, targeting of civilians accused of collaborating with India, killings of Kashmiri political leaders, destruction of cinema houses and liquor shops, forcing of women into the veil, and revival of Shia-Sunni disputes, severely undermined the legitimacy of the Kashmiri freedom movement and deprived it of its most potent weapon — the moral high ground.

Pakistani strategists of the time believed that secret support for the Kashmiri mujahideen would be a low-cost option to end a military stalemate. But this botched thinking led to major diplomatic defeats. In this age of television cameras and instant communication, Pakistan’s denials of aiding and arming militants carried no weight. As a result, international support for Pakistan’s position sharply declined. In the UN, the Kashmir dispute is today on the back burner. Even at the level of passing resolutions, Muslim countries and the OIC have been lukewarm. More significantly, China is extremely wary of liberating Kashmir through jihad.

But, this time around, things are actually different. Although the initiative has once again come from the Kashmiris themselves, there is little that Pakistan can do to help them. This may not be what some in Pakistan’s military want, but the choice is almost not there. A fence now runs the entire length of the Pak-India border and hi-tech surveillance and night-vision equipment has made infiltration difficult and dangerous.

The indigenisation of the Kashmir movement, increased difficulty of penetration, and the grave domestic and international political costs of using proxies suggests a new path for Pakistan. It can make a virtue out of necessity by cracking down upon Kashmir-oriented militant groups still operating from its soil. Such groups have turned out to be a menace to Pakistan’s society and armed forces, apart from taking legitimacy away from those fighting Indian rule.

No one sees the Kashmir dispute having a solution in the foreseeable future. Everything has been tried: war, repression, elections, and inducements. The only question at present is how to prevent a bad situation from spiralling out of control. Lest thousands more die, it is now time for calm thinking, letting passions subside and moving ahead. Rather than look for ultimate solutions now, the present needs to be managed.

Reflecting the viewpoint of Indian liberals, the respected Indian journalist Prem Shankar Jha has three eminently sensible suggestions: The first step, that Indian security forces declare a unilateral cease-fire, delete the Indian police’s history sheets and give all those on them a respite from fear. The second, to fully support chief minister Mehbooba Mufti in her efforts to heal the wounds inflicted on the wounded Kashmiri psyche. Thirdly, equip the police with suitable technology to deal with stone pelters and others without the use of lethal force.

Jha’s point of view may have few takers in Modi’s India. But thoughtful Indians must ask why their country should care. Surely, if India considers Kashmiris to be its citizens then it must treat them as such, not as traitors deserving bullets. Else it should hand Kashmir over to Kashmiris — or Pakistan. Indeed, its efforts to create a secular state and have religious harmony — and to become the third biggest economy in the world by 2050 — could all come to naught if Pakistan and India relations boil over.

Pakistan and India cannot afford the next decade to look like previous ones. Their conflict is like a cancerous growth, a malignant organism growing unchecked. The current gloomy situation offers just the slightest sliver of hope: the absence of a substantive Pakistani role in this new uprising. This could be seized upon to break the impasse in Pak-India relations. Instead of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif lamely repeating “Kashmir banega Pakistan” — and Sushma Swaraj angrily retorting that this will never happen — the two countries should seek dialogue, not confrontation. Pakistan’s proxies led to India looking for proxies in Pakistan, which Pakistan now complains about. Both ways, this interference must stop.

Hello Indian  and Pakistan Politicians  Are you reading? can you guys read??  learn to read 

Reply #676 - August 03, 2016, 04:51 PM

LAHORE: The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf on Wednesday submitted a resolution in the Punjab Assembly calling for a ban on popular Japanese manga and anime series Doraemon.

The resolution urges Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) to ban cartoon channels in general, and Doraemon in particular. Submitted by PTI lawmaker Malik Taimoor, the resolution also suggests limiting the hours of cartoon channels.

It is not clear from the resolution what PTI's issue with Doraemon is, but it said channels exclusive to cartoons were having a "harmful impact on children".

http://www.dawn.com/news/1275117/pti-wants-japanese-cartoon-series-doraemon-banned

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #677 - August 03, 2016, 05:05 PM

Let's reform the country by banning some harmless Japanese cartoons

Lol
     Reply #678 - August 04, 2016, 03:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZIYCu27398

Hassan Nisar & Saleem Bukhari join Mubashir Luqman's KHARI BAAT to discuss 63 Years of Pakistan   that was on July 19, 2011  ....5 years ago...

Reply #679 - August 06, 2016, 12:55 PM

Shamim Ara   RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM4JtCcueOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMtejTmW18g

what a wonderful time that would have been?? 

..................  oh well   time never stops life goes on  and life goes away................

Bewafa - Abhi Dondh Hi Rahi Thi - Shamim Ara - Noor Jahan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJGb1RHCQ28

Shamim Ara (Urdu: شمیم آرا ‎) (born: 1938) (died August 5, 2016) was a Pakistani film actress, film director and film producer.  She was born Putli Bai  but later adopted the film name Shamim Ara. Her acting career spans from the late 1950s till the early 1970s. She is most famous for her leading role in the then West Pakistan's first color motion picture Naila (1965), released on 29 October 1965, whereas the first full length color motion picture was Sangam (1964) which was produced in the then East Pakistan and released on 23 April 1964.[1] She was a resident of Lahore, Pakistan until she was taken ill in 2010.

She died  on 05 August, 2016 in a hospital in London after a long illness

Reply #680 - August 08, 2016, 09:10 PM

ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Information on Monday informed the National Assembly that publishing Quranic verses and translation of the same in newspapers is a violation of law and an offense related to “defiling of Holy Quran”.

The statement by the ministry was in reply to MQM MNA Sheikh Salahuddin' question regarding the publication of verses by daily newspapers.

“It is true that newspapers are publishing verses and translation of the Holy Quran for information and education of their readers. This is highly deplorable and a violation of an existing law,” the ministry said in a written reply.

The MNA had put forward two questions in the regard:

Whether publication of Quranic verses in daily newspapers causes desecration of the Holy Quran?

http://www.dawn.com/news/1276220/newspapers-violating-laws-by-publishing-quranic-verses-translation-information-ministry

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #681 - August 09, 2016, 04:46 PM

ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Information on Monday informed the National Assembly that publishing Quranic verses and translation of the same in newspapers is a violation of law and an offense related to “defiling of Holy Quran”.

The statement by the ministry was in reply to MQM MNA Sheikh Salahuddin' question regarding the publication of verses by daily newspapers.

“It is true that newspapers are publishing verses and translation of the Holy Quran for information and education of their readers. This is highly deplorable and a violation of an existing law,” the ministry said in a written reply.

The MNA had put forward two questions in the regard:

Whether publication of Quranic verses in daily newspapers causes desecration of the Holy Quran?

Has there been any pushback from the papers and/or people at large ?
     Reply #682 - August 14, 2016, 01:19 PM

Well this is 14th August ... the Day Pakistan was born.. 1947., Happy Birth day Pakistan ..

and there is another good news .. I Think England is going loose the cricket Match in England against Pakistan

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2016/engine/match/913647.html

Reply #683 - August 15, 2016, 07:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIGXKjDtvCs

oh well time goes on and life goes on....

Reply #684 - August 15, 2016, 11:02 PM

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #685 - August 16, 2016, 01:40 PM

what?? that is it?? no response   Cheesy Cheesy

well this is equally important one please read this article dear Jedi..

... the birth of Muslim nationalism in South Asia...

in fact that article fits not only to south Asia but essentially history of every country where Muslim folks are greater than 50% of population .. Let me open new folder on that .. This "Islam religion/faith .....Islamic nationalism and  Islamic politics"  will be extremely important subject in 21st century..

Reply #686 - August 16, 2016, 08:40 PM

PESHAWAR: An 11-year-old girl drowned on Tuesday after falling into a river while attempting to take a selfie and her parents also died trying to save her, officials said.

The drownings occurred in the Kunhar river that flows through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, at a hilly tourist spot in Beesian village, some 200 kilometres north of Islamabad.

The deep, rocky and fast flowing river is popular for white-water rafting.

“The girl, Safia Atif, was trying to take a selfie along the river when she slipped and fell,” local police official Arshad Khan told AFP, explaining the incident was witnessed by other tourists.

Safia's mother Shazia Atif then jumped in to save her daughter but was swept away.

“Seeing both his wife and daughter drowning, the father Atif Hussain also jumped in to rescue them but he met a similar fate,” Khan added.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1277921/11-year-old-girl-parents-drown-in-selfie-accident-near-peshawar

Why do 11-year-olds need cell phones?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #687 - August 17, 2016, 11:41 AM

oh my goodness ...what a tragedy .I hate these fucking selfies sure they killed many kids and made many driving accidents

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_selfie-related_injuries_and_deaths

Reply #688 - August 23, 2016, 09:35 PM

Pakistan celebrate ‘incredible journey’ to No.1 That is a good news ..

Rascals could have won lot more games  would have been no 1 team long time ago if they used their head and listen to that  Captain Misbah-ul-Haq

Reply #689 - August 24, 2016, 04:18 PM

How is Karachi's mayor going to run the town from behind bars?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Previous page 1 ... 21 22 2324 25 ... 32 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »