Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Pakistan: The Nation.. The Politics... and The Religion

(Read 230385 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 19 20 2122 23 ... 32 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pakistan: The Nation.. The Politics... and The Religion
     Reply #600 - April 25, 2015, 04:25 PM

I like that Picture  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Nawaz appears to be stepping on some body's balls....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #601 - April 25, 2015, 04:38 PM

Brutal Rogues killed Sabeen Mahmud

Director T2F Sabeen Mahmud shot dead in Karachi

KARACHI: The director of The Second Floor (T2F), Sabeen Mahmud, was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Karachi on Friday.

Sabeen, accompanied by her mother, left T2F after 9pm on Friday evening and was on her way home when she was shot by unidentified gunmen in Defence Phase-II, sources confirmed. She died on her way to the hospital. Doctors said they retrieved five bullets from her body, which has now been shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre.

Her mother also sustained bullet wounds and is currently being treated at a hospital; she is said to be in critical condition. T2F had on Friday organised a talk on Balochistan: 'Unsilencing Balochistan Take 2: In Conversation with Mama Qadeer, Farzana Baloch & Mir Mohammad Ali Talpur.'   Sabeen had left T2F after attending the session, when she was targeted.

T2F, described as a community space for open dialogue, was Sabeen's brainchild. In an interview with Aurora, she referred to it as “an inclusive space where different kinds of people can be comfortable.”

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/25/asia/pakistan-free-speech-activist-sabeen-mahmud-killed/

Reply #602 - April 25, 2015, 05:12 PM

Cry

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #603 - May 05, 2015, 01:01 PM

Man sentenced for 25 years in prison over desecrating sacred scriptures   says the news from LAND OF PURE 

LAHORE: A sessions court here on Tuesday sentenced a man to 25 years rigorous punishment after he was found guilty of desecrating sacred scriptures.

Police presented Zulfiqar during today's hearing of the case which was presided by Additional District and Sessions judge Shazib Saeed. The court heard statements from witnesses and lawyers' claims and found the prisoner guilty of disrespecting sacred scriptures.

The court charged Zulfiqar with blasphemy under section 295(b) and awarded 25 years rigorous imprisonment to the convicted prisoner. The court also imposed a fine of Rs100,000 on Zulfiqar and ordered to seize all his movable and immovable assets.

Case 310/2006 had been registered against him by Race Course station police in 2006.

well  "desecrating sacred scriptures " ., we know the name sacred scriptures..readers are not fools.,  any way that poor guy was arrested in 2006 , for whatever he did  he already spent years in Jail ., Now on top of that  another 25 years he will be there...

Hmm., on the other hand.. MAY BE  H IS A LUCKY GUY ..he may be safe in jail  from Islamic heroes of Pakistan

Reply #604 - May 31, 2015, 07:31 PM

Mere Mutabiq with Hassan Nisar - 31 May 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgSq0Dxy088

well let me watch that man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXwRqyyoZug

Reply #605 - June 19, 2015, 09:28 AM

well  NIKHAT SATTAR   a wonderful person is trying to extract new narrative of Islam from its books .. let me read a bit of it..

A fresh narrative

MILITANT groups, including the Taliban and the Islamic State, have unleashed unspeakable terror in the world. Yet they also attract Muslims in large numbers, driven by a desire to establish what they believe is Islam’s supremacy and global power. This, to them, is the right of Islam that others have usurped.

They also believe that Islam gives them the right to enforce their understanding of the Sharia on everyone, and carry out punishments which they consider to be divine instructions. They view democracy as anti-Islam and a Western concept. Not only do they believe that polytheism, blasphemy, apostasy and adultery deserve capital punishment, they also demand that non-Muslims either convert to Islam, pay the jizya, or face death.

Combine these factors with strong hatred against other sects and lack of intellect-based debate on religious issues, and you have the fearsome environment that prevails, including in today’s Pakistan. The narrative of the militants has extensive support, underscored by the fact that few among the so-called ulema have denounced it, or produced a counter-narrative. In fact, according to Javed Ahmed Ghamidi, the renowned exegete and scholar, all of them seem to agree with this ideology: they differ only with the strategy that has been adopted.

When Ghamidi wrote a counter-narrative to that of the Taliban, there was a flood of criticism from religious quarters. Using extensive analysis and reasoning based on Quranic verses and authentic ahadith, he shows that all of the above are completely wrong interpretations of Islamic teachings. Specific verses meant for specific times and conditions are often taken out of context to validate political interests.

Muslims should pay attention to internal reform.

God does not instruct Muslims to wage war at any time in order to rule the world. Jihad cannot be waged by non-state actors. There are strict conditions that must be followed. God does not require Islam’s global power. According to scholars like Ghamidi, it was only the Arabian peninsula that was designated for Muslim rule. They believe the spread of Islam, during the time when the Prophet (PBUH) was alive, was ordained on the basis that the Prophet had initially provided conclusive truth to all nations of the world. It is only during the lifetime of prophets that — when their people consistently refuse to accept divine guidance — God vanquishes them, either through divine punishment or at the hands of believers.

When prophethood ended with Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), such punishments, too, ended. Forced conversions are not allowed, and jizya is no longer valid. There is no coercion in Islam. Everyone, regardless of religious or tribal affiliation, has an equal status and should get equal justice.

Muslims have reached such low levels of reasoning, ethics and morality today because of their own misdeeds and failure to follow Quranic guidance. They did not develop expertise in the sciences, nor did they ponder over the systems of the universe; they used the Quran merely as a book to be revered but not reflected upon and discussed freely, and they developed a complete disregard for moral training that is the real spirit of Islam.

They allowed clerics to control their minds and emotions. They are responsible for their downfall and, instead of plunging the world into chaos by fighting endless wars, they should pay attention to internal reform.

Ghamidi has also been criticised for his take on an Islamic state vs an Islamic government. The Objectives Resolution of 1949, made a part of the 1973 Constitution, resulted in the state being given a religious identity, relegating minorities to second-rate status. A modern state can be a monarchy, autocracy or democracy. If the majority has declared a state to be Christian, Hindu or Muslim, this is unacceptable to Islamic justice.

Islam requires governance by the majority. If Muslims are elected, they have the right to govern, provided true democratic principles are followed. This is indeed what the Quaid had envisaged, with everyone having equal rights. The majority has no power to own the state. It is the collective — including non-Muslims — to whom Pakistan belongs.

The role of the ulema is to educate and communicate, not to implement Sharia by force. Islam will be manifest only through the people’s behaviour as they absorb its essence. In an Islamic democratic state, people would have the right to full information and freedom of expression; leaders would be chosen freely, and not on the basis of coercion, bribery and deception; representatives would be free from fear, greed or vested interests, and the decisions of the majority would be implemented.

This is the narrative that requires attention from both government and civil society if we are to counter the evils of extremism and rampant discrimination. Unfortunately, we have given the state the name of Islam, but we are an un-Islamic society.

she is a wonderful person ,  Javed Ahmad Ghamidi  is a great guy.. but.. but some people sleep walk  throughout their life .. way back in 2006 when I was writing in to that FFI forum I did interact with   Javed Ahmad Ghamidi  and his team member Dr Khalid Zaheer

http://www.faithfreedom.org/javed-ahmad-ghamidi-dr-khalid-zaheer-vs-ali-sina/  and let me put the link of  ghamidi home page...  http://www.javedahmadghamidi.com/

Reply #606 - June 26, 2015, 11:16 AM

A FEW years ago, in an earlier column, I had described Pakistan’s putative democracy as a system of spoils where the governance framework and rules are rigged so that the “winner takes all”. All the money, that is. With the institutional checks and balances so thoroughly short-circuited and compromised, it was just a matter of time before Pakistan’s elected kleptocrats would make Jayalalitha and Laloo Prasad look like rank amateurs, and take their true place next to the likes of Robert Mugabe.

When politicians band together and sing a chorus of “save the system”, they are euphemistically referring to the ecosystem of pelf, power and patronage that throws up around Rs1,500 billion a year in ill-gotten gains for a handful of corrupt and connected insiders.

Despite the fact that stories of mega corruption have been swirling thicker and faster each year since 2008 — with some large financial scams hangovers of the Musharraf era, predating our tryst with democratic destiny — and have inured and de-sensitised us collectively, the scale of the corruption being reported, especially out of Sindh, is staggering.

Our moral compass is so lost that we can even loot poor Hajis on their sacred journey, like modern-day versions of marauding brigands of old, or walk off with the Turkish first lady’s necklace, donated for victims of the devastating floods. We can deprive Tharis of food and water, and claim the deaths of their children due to our corruption and mis-governance as an “act of God”. ..................

The bottom-line is that whereas corruption has been a feature of all governments in Pakistan, civilian or non-civilian, the scale has never been as large or its dimensions so dangerous. I had previously estimated that corruption amounting to 5-7pc of GDP occurs each year in Pakistan. On current evidence, it appears I may have under-estimated recent levels by a big margin.

What we have now been witnessing is the level of corruption that was once equated with the worst African despots in the 1970s and 1980s — one that undermined the development of these countries for decades and kept more than one generation of citizens trapped in abject, inhuman poverty. This scale and level of corruption creates dysfunctional governments, leading to the eventual destabilisation of the state itself. It is not mere coincidence that African countries mired in the worst corruption are ones that are the richest in mineral resources, and have all spiralled into a deadly vortex of civil war.

In the latest Worldwide Governance Indicators produced by the World Bank (for 2013), Pakistan’s percentile rank in “control of corruption” is 18th — meaning that it is worse off than 82pc of the countries in the world on this measure. It is six ranks below Bangladesh and three notches lower than Sierra Leone. Under ‘rule of law’, Pakistan is in the 21st percentile globally, one rank behind Sierra Leone, two behind Mozambique, and four behind Bangladesh. In overall ‘government effectiveness’, Pakistan comes in at the 23rd percentile, one rank lower than the West Bank and Gaza.

well that and more is written by that hard hitting Sakib Sherani   in to days  Dawn

Reply #607 - July 06, 2015, 12:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCMonLfb8yU

that is  July 4th 2015 Khabar Naak

Reply #608 - July 06, 2015, 03:11 PM

moi says here about Pakistan to Hira and Asif..  The new members from Karachi....
    Have I misunderstood how Pakistan works?  I thought it was actually a very secular place if you are in the upper and middle classes.

And moi is NOT reading me .. Secular doesn't mean "Muslim folks can leave  Islam or Question Islam"

Off course  Muslim folks can leave Islam Quietly and live in Pakistan  without any one noticing and without announcing to the town they are living..

Reply #609 - July 17, 2015, 02:36 PM

190 years of controversy: The Qasim Ali mosque and moon sighting elitism  
    PESHAWAR: For decades, the Qasim Ali mosque in Peshawar has been synonymous with the moon sighting dissent. Managed by the Popalzai family, the mosque stirs up controversy aplenty when the time comes to sight the moon for Ramazan and Eidul Fitr.

The mosque is situated amidst the hustle and bustle of Peshawar's historic Qissa Khawani bazaar. Previously a two-storey building, a third floor has been added to the structure in recent years to accommodate the ever growing number of worshippers who frequent the famed mosque.  Thousands of worshippers frequent the mosque for Eid and Friday congregations. Mufti Shahabuddin Popalzai, a man of average height and stocky build, leads congregations for Friday and Eid prayers. His sermons, delivered with a booming voice, are both powerful and impressive. Unlike most clerics, Popalzai sports an unorthodox moustache, which he habitually twirls while delivering sermons.

Clerics from Qasim Ali mosque are of the opinion that the federal government should draft a law regarding moon sighting, and incorporate their suggestions in the new law. He adds, “The federal government must pass a law that punishes violators who indulge in spreading misinformation regarding moon sighting.   ..

well ha!
    .... "The federal government should draft a law regarding moon sighting  and “The federal government must pass a law that punishes violators who indulge in spreading misinformation regarding moon sighting" ....

great..  that is what these heroes of Islam...Clerics from Qasim Ali mosque..  or BABOONS OF ISLAM .. THE MOON SIGHTERS  that you see below ..

wants from Federal Govt of Pakistan.. Pass the Law to punish other  moon   sighters in the land of pure ..

Moon sighters..... moon sighters..   fools didn't even go to high school ..don't even know what moon is .. they want to sight the moon., what moon sighting?? do these idiots NOT KNOW THAT AMERICANS PISSED ON MOON IN 1969??

Fools want to control the society using some stupid religious ritual rules..  

.....LOOK AT THEM HOW FAT THEY ARE.... CLEAN SHAVE THE RASCALS AND PUT THEM TO CLEAN GUTTERS OF PESHAWAR ................ really mad...........

Mock them and move on.....   oh well.. time will clean.. we just need bit of time..

Reply #610 - July 17, 2015, 03:01 PM

Moon sighters..... moon sighters..   fools didn't even go to high school ..don't even know what moon is .. they want to sight the moon., what moon sighting?? do these idiots NOT KNOW THAT AMERICANS PISSED ON MOON IN 1969??

Good one Yeeze lol

x
     Reply #611 - July 17, 2015, 03:40 PM

Now they might even piss on Pluto  Cheesy

Reply #612 - July 19, 2015, 01:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G54fV0VVads

http://www.pakistantimes.com/topics/yasin-malik/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/4389178/Militant-Kashmiri-leader-Yasin-Malik-to-marry-racy-artist-Mushaal-Mullick.html

well i didn't know all that stuff but some one said this

And same thing goes to religions..    Fatalistic mindsets

Reply #613 - July 21, 2015, 01:17 PM

Well The News today  says

US authorities allege Oregon imam assisted radicals in Pakistan, America

PORTLAND: US authorities are seeking to revoke the citizenship of an imam in Oregon who they say tried to conceal past associations with radical Islamic groups.

Mohamed Sheikh Abdirahman Kariye raised money, recruited fighters and provided training for insurgent groups battling Soviet forces in Afghanistan in the 1980s, the US Department of Justice says in a complaint filed Monday in US District Court in Portland.

Government lawyers say Kariye for a time “dealt directly” with Osama bin Laden and Abdullah Azzam, the founders of Al Qaeda, and he recruited sympathisers in the United States and Pakistan for an Al Qaeda precursor known as Maktab Al Khidamat.

Kariye is also accused of being a founding officer and director of the now-defunct Global Relief Foundation, which authorities say provided assistance to terror groups including Al Qaeda and promoted radical jihad.

Federal authorities say Kariye failed to reveal those details in his application for citizenship, which was granted in 1998. Attempts to reach Kariye through his Portland mosque and a former attorney were not immediately successful.

Born in Somalia, Kariye came to the United States on a student visa in 1982, according to the complaint. Between 1985 and 1988, he traveled to Afghanistan, where he went to a jihadist training camp and fought with the Afghan mujahedeen against the Soviets. He helped process foreign fighters arriving in Pakistan for travel to training camps, authorities say, working directly with bin Laden and Azzam.

At some point, he was arrested for his involvement with the mujahedeen and spent four months in a Pakistani prison. After returning to the United States in 1988, he applied for asylum and swore under oath that he hadn't left the country or been arrested.

Well These Idiots .. THESE  FUCKING PREACHERS OF ISLAM who preach nonsense in mosques is the fundamental reason who Muslim folks all over the globe are in great trouble..  CLEAN SHAVE THE ROGUES and put them to clean the gutter of the towns they preach.. And these scoundrels get trained in Pakistan..

Another news says  UK officials charge 2 men with trying to join IS

LONDON: British prosecutors have charged two men with trying to join the self-styled Islamic State (IS) extremist group in Syria.

The Crown Prosecution Service said Tuesday that 24-year-old Junead Ahmed Khan and his  uncle Shazib Ahmed Khan have been charged with trying to join the extremist group.

They were arrested last week in Luton, north of London. A third man who had been arrested on suspicion of terrorism at the same time has been released without being charged.

British officials say some 700 Britons have traveled to Syria in support of the militant group.

I am sure both of these fools are connected to the Islamic idiots  in Land of Pure   well that is the news

Reply #614 - July 30, 2015, 01:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iof9EnXAFaU

Hu!................. well that is life....

Reply #615 - July 30, 2015, 03:59 PM

Pakistan, the nation where religion is mandatory (forced), and not optional (choice).
    Yeez, do you agree?
     Reply #616 - July 30, 2015, 05:41 PM

Angry pakistani, thinks Imran Khan will fix everything. Will he also fix the mindset of the people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=34&v=p6u-bPSuvgQ
     Reply #617 - August 01, 2015, 12:45 PM

Pakistan, the nation where religion is mandatory (forced), and not optional (choice).
    Yeez, do you agree?

hello  Roberto40.. well  IT WAS NOT LIKE THAT TO START WITH.... but it ended up like that  ..

So the one news from Land of pure says...
    ‘British had a poor understanding of Indian society’  by Ghazal Farrukhi

KARACHI: The issue of forced conversions and marriages in Pakistan has a historical context. It has its roots in pre-partition British marriage laws, because the British thought of Indian society as backward and irrational. This was the core of the arguments given by researcher Ghazal Farrukhi in her presentation titled ‘Pakistani bureaucracy and forced conversion’ at the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan’s office here on Friday.

Ms Farrukhi, who is pursuing a PhD in anthropology from the Johns Hopkins University, said her research was more of an exploratory nature with regard to the relationship between the Pakistani state and the Hindu population of Sindh. She defined the discipline of anthropology as a qualitative one, based on participatory observations.

Ms Farrukhi said the issue of forced conversions had existed for many years but came to national prominence in 2012 with the high-profile Rinkal Kumari case, blurring the line between forced conversion and forced marriage. Such cases overwhelmingly involved young women from Sindh and southern Punjab who would go missing and months later resurface, converted to Islam. Their parents would go to the police to report kidnapping but subsequently questions such as ‘did she elope with a Muslim man’ would arise.

Ms Farrukhi said after 2012 these cases were widely reported by the media — the right wing Urdu newspapers would term them the ‘woman’s love of Islam’ and the liberal media would call it a conversion, occasionally denouncing kidnapping, therefore the line between kidnapping and elopement got blurred. The issue involved different legal matters which was why it’s important to know its historical context, she said.

Ms Farrukhi then spoke on the laws forming the Indian Penal Code of the late 19th century which continued after partition in both India and Pakistan. She argued that the British thought of the subcontinent as a deeply backward and irrational society that needed to be shepherded into modernity; at the same time they did not want British superiority to be challenged. They had a poor understanding of Indian society but were confident of what laws they were making. They thought that religions in India had codified predetermined laws, so they made different laws for each religion. The colonial version of secularism could only happen on British terms, she added.

Ms Farrukhi said after 1947 not many changes were made to the colonial system that we inherited. In India they introduced the Hindu Marriage Act, and in our country there was the Muslim Family Law Ordinance of 1962 — and nothing else. As a result, in Pakistan Hindu marriages were not registered legally as Muslim marriages. Some concerns had been raised in the Sindh Assembly lately, though in general there’s a “lack of regard for updated Hindu laws”, she remarked. In India conversions took place even in inter-religion marriages. In Pakistan after 1947 things became more complicated as currently there’s a discriminatory legal framework as to who could marry whom, she said.

Talking about her research findings, Ms Farrukhi mentioned that there were a few trends in South Asia as far as the issue of kidnapping/elopement was concerned. Sometimes keeping their social status in mind, the parents of the girl often reported elopement as kidnapping. Then if you were Muslim even for a love marriage you needed parents’ consent. This issue was resolved by the Federal Shariat Court in Pakistan, which said that after a certain age the girl was allowed to marry whoever she wanted, she told the audience, who were at the HRCP office in a decent number.

With reference to the Hindu community, Ms Farrukhi said the laws in Pakistan were not updated. “They have been suspended in a legal vacuum,” she articulated. Yet, she pointed out, there was a mixture of things related to the bureaucracy and the state resulting in the resolution of such issues, as it’s hard to tell which law was used at what instance. This meant there were “varying degrees of success”.

Replying to a question asked by a member of the audience, Ms Farrukhi said girls belonging to the Christian community, mostly in south Punjab, also suffered from forced conversion but there were two relevant things to understand: one, they were called Ahl-i-Kitab and therefore marriageable; two, there existed a caste system in that part of the country and these were usually low-caste girls.

well that is  Ms Farrukhi   doing her Anthropology Ph.D.,  And I may agree on many point of Ms Farrukhi  but blaming England for these problems has no logic.   She is saying that  throwing Islam out of the window or hiding it  under the carpet .. SO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CUT THAT OFF from her article..

Reply #618 - August 02, 2015, 12:14 PM

..............Talking about her research findings, Ms Farrukhi mentioned that there were a few trends in South Asia as far as the issue of kidnapping/elopement was concerned. Sometimes keeping their social status in mind, the parents of the girl often reported elopement as kidnapping. ....................

................Ms Farrukhi said girls belonging to the Christian community, mostly in south Punjab, also suffered from forced conversion but there were two relevant things to understand: o.................

well that is what the news link said yesterday.... and Now today I get this..

Woman speaks of forced conversion, denial to lodge FIR of rape, trafficking

KARACHI: How women of marginalised communities are suffering at the hands of influential people and the state has turned a blind eye towards their misery came to light at a press conference held on Friday.

Emmi, 30, and resident of Thatta city, is now looking for justice with the help of a non-governmental body providing legal aid to women and child survivors of violence and abuse.

Ironically, however, the police have not only refused to register an FIR on one pretext or another but also sexually harassed her. There is no action from the government side either that has been informed in writing about the case, according to her.

“When I took my complaint to the Thatta police, nobody took me seriously and the staff there started laughing. I was told to go to the house of DSP Makli for FIR’s registration,” said Emmi at the press conference organised by Madadgaar Helpline in its office.

She accused the police official of sexually harassing her. “I have been exploited for eight years and demand justice,” she said as tears rolled down her face.

Emmi’s troubles started when she became friendly with a man over the phone in 2008. The man that she identified as Shahbaz, a resident of Mirpur Sakro, later convinced her to meet him outside her house and kidnapped her with the help of another man, Ramzan.

“They took me to an unknown place where I was confined in a dark room for 20 days, beaten and raped. Then I was sold and taken to Nawabshah,” she said.

In Nawabshah, Emmy was forced to sign some papers to convert her from Hinduism to Islam and arrange her fake marriage with Javed Khaskheli who forced her into prostitution. She attempted twice to escape and was punished.....

well that is the woman  and this pic blurred is her testimony

well read the rest at link....

Reply #619 - August 02, 2015, 04:24 PM

Obviously these people will never admit that its actually Islam and its teachings that are at fault. When you have a religion declaring non-believers as beasts, vile and whatnot, then you have adherents of that religion who have anything but a rational and mellowed approach to that religion, its just bound to go wrong.

Of course you have the "context brigade" who will rush in to sugarcoat stuff, to make it more palatable, but when the same things are occurring in every muslim nation there is, ie maltreatment of religious minorities, and the one thing they all have in common is Islam, then obviously Islam and and certain of its teachings are at fault.

But good luck trying to explain that to these poeple. Nothing has ever got anything to do with Islam, aside from all that good stuff of course.  Roll Eyes
     Reply #620 - August 14, 2015, 01:22 PM

well another August14th  ... and August15 th follows the 14th.....

To day is the day in 1947 England gave away its ruling over subcontinent to its people.. and it is 69th independence day.. So .. Happy 69th birth day to Pakistan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pInshDF2l8

Getting independence from England is good and OK.,  but more important is getting "FREEDOM AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION" to all people of the country., That is  is more important...

Reply #621 - August 14, 2015, 07:20 PM

Faris Shafi's - "Muskura"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=736634919704697
     Reply #622 - August 16, 2015, 11:08 AM

The story of Pakistan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zres57y6rsY

AND THAT FELLOW  was a Pakistan Lieutenant-General.,   Hamid Gul

well that video is missing but the news today says

Former ISI chief Hamid Gul dies of brain hemorrhage
    Born in Sargodha on Nov 20, 1936, he joined the army in 1954 and was commissioned in the army in 1956. During the 1965 war he was a tank commander and was awarded Sitara-i-Jurat for bravery.

He received training from the Staff college Quetta during 1968-1969. He then served as a battalion commander from 1972 to 1976 following which he was promoted to the rank of brigadier in 1978.  Gen Gul remained ISI chief during 1987 and 1989 when the US-backed Afghan Jihad against the then Soviet Union was at the last stages. He continued working in the spy agency in the post-stages of the Afghan war.

Gen Hamid Gul during the days of Afghan Jlhad.

RAWALPINDI: Former chief of the Inter Service Intelligence (ISI) General (Retd) Hamid Gul died of a brain hemorrhage in Murree late on Saturday, DawnNews reported. The former ISI chief suffered a brain hemorrhage and was shifted to the Combined Military Hospital in Murree in critical condition.

well now I wonder whether some "HERO OF ISLAM close to him hit on his head with some iron rod"..... Who knows  allah knows the best..

Reply #623 - August 16, 2015, 11:17 AM

Punjab home minister Shuja Khanzada killed in terror attack  says today's news

...ATTOCK: Punjab home minister Colonel (retd) Shuja Khanzada was killed in a suicide attack on his political office in Shadi Khan village. His death was confirmed by Dr Syed Elahi, adviser to the chief minister of Punjab.

Several others died in the bomb blast. The impact of the explosion caused the roof of the building to collapse, and shattered windows in nearby houses.

Between 50-100 people were estimated to have been in attendance at the jirga being held at Khanzada’s political office. Many of them were buried underneath the wreckage as the entire structure had been razed to the ground by the explosion....

Ha!.. I wonder whether there is any connection  all this today's news with  Islam ..Islamic Jihad ,, Brain brain hemorrhage of ISI chief Hamid Gul  and the killing of Punjab home minister Shuja Khanzada

Reply #624 - August 18, 2015, 02:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZQjX6Hrjwg

Reply #625 - August 23, 2015, 01:15 PM

Hmm.. Interesting article in today's  thenews.com.pk

one is by Aijaz Zaka Syed Literature for life  and the other is from my Favorite journalist  Ayaz Amir on What’s our Hindustan problem?

both tell very interesting stories in those articles..   incidently Aijaz Zaka Syed is an Indian guy  who lives and writes from Dubai high towers
    Aijaz Zaka Syed is Opinion Editor and columnist of Khaleej Times, the Middle East’s oldest and largest circulated English daily published from Dubai. An award-winning journalist and widely published and read commentator, Aijaz comes from Hyderabad, India and has been with KT for more than seven years now. He writes a weekly column called View from Dubai. The column, which looks at and comments on the world affairs from a Middle Eastern and Arab-Muslim perspective, is published by  prominent international dailies like Arab News (Saudi Arabia), Middle East Times (Cairo), Palestine Chronicle (the United States), The Turkish Daily News (now called Hurriyet), Dawn (Pakistan), New Nation (Bangladesh), the Sunday Times (Sri Lanka), Radiance, Etemaad Urdu Daily (Hyderabad, India) and others.

Where as Ayaz Amir is a Old Horse of Pakistan Journalism lives and writes from Pakistan that too Punjab..  What a contrast., , Indians may be good in dancing bollywood/dollywood ... but they   need to learn a lot about Journalism..

Well let me read them again.. Zaka Syed mentions  about that Famous book of that Indian Nobel Laureate  Rabindranath Tagore   the Kabuliwala .. on the way let me also  watch the movie on the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUbA78hOZOE

Reply #626 - September 06, 2015, 03:19 PM

'History in Pakistan has been badly treated'  writes Maleeha  Hamid  Siddiqui —  in Dawn

KARACHI: With Pakistan just two days away from observing Defence Day and marking the 50th anniversary of the 1965 war, historian and political economist Dr S. Akbar Zaidi dispelled ‘the victory myth’, saying that there can be no a bigger lie, as Pakistan lost terribly.

People are unaware of this fact because the history that is taught in Pakistan is from an ideological viewpoint, said Dr Zaidi during his thought-provoking lecture titled ‘Questioning Pakistan’s history’. “Students are not taught the history of the people of Pakistan rather it is focused on the making of Pakistan,” he said.

The event was organised by the Faculty of Social Sciences, Karachi University.

Dr Zaidi who also teaches history at the Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, began his lecture by raising a couple of questions: what is Pakistan’s history and is there a need to question Pakistan’s history. And when was Pakistan formed? Aug 14, 1947 or Aug 15, 1947? For him the fact we are still talking about historical events 68 years later that are apparently settled is interesting.
    “These events and questions have not been settled. They are constantly being reinterpreted, this is because history does not die, it keeps reliving by questioning facts and truths.”

Coming to the question when was Pakistan created, he said one obvious answer is it did so on Aug 14, 1947 but he read out an excerpt from a Pakistan Studies textbook in which it was claimed it came into being in 712AD when the Arabs came to Sindh and Multan. “This is utter rubbish!” he exclaimed, rejecting the textbook account. He said the first interaction with Muslims and Arabs occurred in Kerala in South India for trading purposes.

Some historians claim the genesis of Pakistan lie in the Delhi Sultanate or the Mughal Empire. He, however, reminded everyone that the India as we know today did not exist during the Mughal era. It was during the 19th century the concept of nation-state was formed.

There are others who state Sir Syed Ahmed Khan laid the foundation for Pakistan.
    Dr Zaidi felt this statement was partially true, because Sir Syed always maintained that Muslims should get their rights but he had also said: “Hindus and Muslims are the two eyes of the beautiful bride that is Hindustan. Weakness of any of them will spoil the beauty of the bride.”

The 1940 Pakistan Resolution called for the recognition of Muslims within Hindustan and not for a separate entity, Dr Zaidi added.

Social history

He then led the debate towards the questions: “Is the history of Pakistan, a history of the people of Pakistan or is it the making of Pakistan?”As far as he knew everyone is taught a history that includes the Mughals, freedom movement, the Quaid-i-Azam leading the All India Muslim League etc but was completely unaware about the history of the Baloch and the Pakhtun. “I cannot understand Pakistan’s history without knowing the history of the Baloch, Pakhtun, Punjab, Shah Abdul Latif and his relationship with the land.”

He said he was ashamed as a Karachiite that he had been unaware of Sindh’s history. It was important to know about indigenous histories because the “issues we are confronted with, we would have a better understanding in dealing with them”. He gave the example of East Pakistan to illustrate this point. “East Pakistan has been erased from memory. The Bengalis of East Pakistan have been reduced to they were traitors, India interfered and East Pakistan decided to separate. But what about Pakistan Army’s role in its separation?”

According to Dr Zaidi, history in Pakistan has been badly treated due to several reasons. Students are forced to study history or Pakistan Studies as a compulsory subject and hence the focus is just to pass the exam and get over with it. It is focused on rulers and generals and not on the social history. He highlighted another important reason for history getting a step-motherly treatment, citing that it is a subject that is taken when a student is unable to get admission in other departments in universities.

A robust question and answer session followed the talk during which students and teachers wanted to know why they were being taught distorted version of history,
    why the contribution of religious minorities to cities such as Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar was not mentioned in their textbooks, why does one have to wear separate identities and how can identification crisis be resolved to make Pakistan into one nation.

Dr Zaidi responded to these queries, explaining that Parsis and Hindus contributed hugely in the educational development of Karachi and in a similar manner the Sikhs in Punjab. “History in Pakistan is taught from an ideological viewpoint. Pakistan needs to be seen as a geographical entity.”

Referring to the distorted history, he said: “With the celebration of the victory in the 1965 war round the corner, there can be no bigger lie that Pakistan won the war. We lost terribly in the 1965 war.”

He appealed to the attendees to read Shuja Nawaz’s book Crossed Swords that exposed the reality of the war.

As for wearing separate identities, he replied there was no need to do so. “I can be a Sindhi, Hindu and Pakistani simultaneously.” He added that the diversity of nations should be acknowledged, since nationalities could not be imposed on people

well I have to agree with that  Hamid  Siddiqui sahab's article ..

Let truth be told.... and let us shine the light to remove the darkness in the brain..  well that is good to read..

NOW I ALSO READ THIS SHIT FROM THIS FOOL Pakistan Cricket player and   fast bowler Mohammad Asif says Mandela was my inspiration in prison: Asif

YOU FUCKING ASS HOLE..YOU IDIOT.. YOU SCANDALOUS SCOUNDREL .. you take Mandela as inspiration and you do all sort of criminal activities and give shit to the people to the country and  to the game they love..  SHUT THE FUCK UP...

Reply #627 - September 08, 2015, 08:12 PM

Now 64, Mohammed Nazeer of Pakistan was a school boy of about 14 talks about 1965 Indian-Pakistan war]http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34156464]Now 64, Mohammed Nazeer of Pakistan was a school boy of about 14 talks about 1965 Indian-Pakistan war Todays' BBC report..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty2d5R0PbOs

5 September 2015 Last updated at 00:10 BST

In August 1965, what looked like an indigenous uprising spread like a jungle fire across the part of Kashmir under Indian control. But Operation Gibraltar was an attempt by the Pakistani government to start a rebellion in the disputed region.

Now 64, Mohammed Nazeer was a school boy of about 14 when he was recruited.
    He was part of a team that hit more than a dozen Indian posts in the Poonch region.

well that is what 64 year old Mohammed Nazeer  says today in 2015 about that  1965 war..

Reply #628 - September 13, 2015, 09:41 PM

Kashmiri Hindus in exile vs Kashmiri Muslim debate hosted in Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9J-P6yRZ8s

Tahir Gora discusses Kashmir Problem with Kashmir guys .. One is Muslim guy and the other is hindu guy.. Tahir Aslam Gora (born 1963) is a Pakistani editor, publisher, (English to Urdu) translator, and writer of fiction and non-fiction

Reply #629 - September 14, 2015, 05:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvkFdrrBhBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EubeR3ucQFg

• Previous page 1 ... 19 20 2122 23 ... 32 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »