Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 18, 2024, 03:04 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 17, 2024, 08:33 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 17, 2024, 06:13 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 16, 2024, 02:05 PM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Atheists invited to whitehouse

(Read 5596 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Atheists invited to whitehouse
     OP - March 03, 2010, 06:19 AM

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/02/25/88475/obama-aides-to-meet-with-atheists.html

I am a student of quran and islam and not an exmuslim.
  • Re: Atheists invited to whitehouse
     Reply #1 - March 03, 2010, 06:26 AM

I love how meeting with atheists is news.   Cheesy  Like "the president is meeting with the lepers today".   Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - March 03, 2010, 06:30 AM

See how indians meet atheists like salman rushdie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTDM-si7RFM

Reply #3 - March 03, 2010, 07:33 AM

It's amazing how religious the USA still is compared to other Western countries. Give it a couple more generations.  Wink
     Reply #4 - March 03, 2010, 11:48 AM

It's amazing how religious the USA still is compared to other Western countries. Give it a couple more generations.  Wink

Was it always like that, or has it become more religious over the years?

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #5 - March 03, 2010, 12:28 PM

I'd say it's always been like that, but church attendance is dropping every year there just like in Western Europe. Still, in my opinion, they're easily the most religious Western country.

Thing is, I think it's largely a generational thing, just like here in Australia. I struggle to find a religious friend, most of my mates actually openly hate religion bitterly, but then again, If I mentioned the A-word to my grandpa I'd probably get looked at as the devil in disguise.

Anyway, I read that the None / No Religion group raised by 6.8 percent in the USA between 1990 and 2008 compared to a -10.2 percent fall in people who described themselves as Christian. It's a global thing I think.

I think it would be interesting to see how far we will go towards a secular world where religion just plays less and less of a role in society.
     Reply #6 - March 03, 2010, 12:38 PM

To be frank Tazlima deserves all she got. She is another Ayan Harisi.
     Reply #7 - March 03, 2010, 01:40 PM

Roll Eyes

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #8 - March 03, 2010, 02:54 PM

so?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - March 04, 2010, 09:28 AM

K-Tut writes:

I am not sure what Taslima deserves but fires are raging now across South of India on her.. and that may move in to Calcutta

http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5976
    Two killed and many injured., Taslima Nasrin Starts again

Indian Humanists Arrested for Blasphemy
    http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5977

The book,  Crescent over the World  , is a compilation of articles including submissions by Salman Rushdie and Tasleema Nasreen, along with one of the “blasphemous” cartoons published in the Danish press in 2005 (some of which were republished in  Free Inquiry  magazine).

“The arrests followed massive protests by Muslims in Khammam, around 250 km from Hyderabad. They took out a rally, demanding action against the author and those who helped him.

“Police said they seized 380 books of the first volume and 410 books of the second volume of the publication in different parts of Khammam district.”

well people like Taslima, Rushdie, Ayan Ali,    Wafa Sultan, Marian Namazie ,  Ibn Warraq, Nonie Darwish  and people behind screen like Ali Sina at ffi  and others in this forum  Now son of Hamas leaders like these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPXNDVe1S9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV_Vs6fgbxo

Now this one  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8548360.stm  watch the video and read the news..

One way All these guys are Trouble makers , on the other hand such people and their actions will save millions of people in the future..

with best
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #10 - March 04, 2010, 10:30 AM

Huh? Explain.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #11 - March 04, 2010, 11:09 AM

Dear king tut, would you mind sharing your thoughts as to why in your view such people deserve what is coming to them?

thanks in advance and all the best

Reply #12 - March 04, 2010, 11:39 AM

Was it always like that, or has it become more religious over the years?

Religiosity has always been huge in this country, but it didn't really effect politics on a national level until the 1950s, then accelerated in the 1980s. It's a long story as to why and how this happened, perhaps I'll explain at a later time.

fuck you
     Reply #13 - March 04, 2010, 01:12 PM

Religiosity has always been huge in this country, but it didn't really effect politics on a national level until the 1950s, then accelerated in the 1980s. It's a long story as to why and how this happened, perhaps I'll explain at a later time.

Please do when you get a little more time..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - March 04, 2010, 01:25 PM

Please do when you get a little more time..

+1.   Afro

It's a fascinating topic.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #15 - March 04, 2010, 05:19 PM

Huh? Explain.

She posted retarded comments about Mohamed which she clearly knew would incite a riot, in which folks would die, you see I don't like trouble makes who for fame don't think about the consequences of the actions they take. She is a trouble maker.
     Reply #16 - March 04, 2010, 05:23 PM

Taslima Nasreen is Bangladeshi, right? Seen her website bio. No one attended her mother's funeral because she raised an 'infidel'. She used to be rebellious as a young girl against Islamic customs I believe then she soon questioned Islam and rejected it. Moved to Sweden due to the threats on her life I think.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #17 - March 04, 2010, 05:28 PM

Dear king tut, would you mind sharing your thoughts as to why in your view such people deserve what is coming to them?

thanks in advance and all the best

Well, she knows there are folks who would start a riot over the things she said about Mohammad, and then she still published it.
     Reply #18 - March 04, 2010, 05:29 PM

She posted retarded comments about Mohamed which she clearly knew would incite a riot, in which folks would die, you see I don't like trouble makes who for fame don't think about the consequences of the actions they take. She is a trouble maker.

That's totally retarded - I thought you would be beyond such childish arguments, So we should start restraining our speech because some savage thugs will go crazy? Your argument would hold if she was some politician or civil servant. But even then the fault lies with the rioters and fanatics. And she's not a civil servant or poltician. She's an author and a poet.

You claim to be an ex-muslim yet your arguments make it clear you still have muslamic sympathies. You need to drop that shit. Islam and they're propenents are the enemy. Dawkins Bless Taslima and Ayaan and all those that spit in the face of the muslamics.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #19 - March 04, 2010, 05:37 PM

K-tut says

She posted NO retarded comments., Some one else posted words from her old BOOK and her old criticism against Islam..

Taslima Nasreen denies writing riot-inciting article

http://www.lovereading.co.uk/news/19647711/taslima-nasreen-denies-writing-riot-inciting-article.html

http://www.speroforum.com/site/article.asp?id=28429&t=India%3A+++Muslim+women+can+move+forwards+wearing+the+veil

Her point actually was (That is from her  old article)

DURING PROPHET TIMES., MUSLIM WOMEN NEVER WORE ANY TENT or ANY STUPID BURKHS .,

These  Muslim Idiots of Indian subcontinent  say  "NO SHE IS WRONG".. Prophet said Women Must be in tents .. barefoot pregnant all the time  It is Blasphemy, she is going against Prophet......

Baboons of Islam
    yeezevee

Reply #20 - March 04, 2010, 05:52 PM

Dude, she lied about things in her article, she misconstrued quranic verses. Have you actually read the article? Well I happen to have it here:

Pay attention here: Taz says:
    "Tell the faithful women that they must keep their gaze
    focused below/on the ground and cover their sexual organs.
    They must not put their beauty and their jewellery on display.
    They must hide their breasts behind a purdah. They must
    not exhibit their beauty to anybody except their husbands,
    brothers, nephews, womenfolk, servants, eunuch employees
    and children. They must not move their legs briskly while
    walking because then much of their bodies can get
    exposed." (Sura Al Noor 24:31)

but what does the verse actually say?:

Yusaf Ali:
    And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards God, that ye may attain Bliss.

Now, strike in feet here in the Quran verse is actually so that a woman gets attention by tapping/striking her feet, making a noise to grab mens attention and then be dressed in an alluring way. Moreover, the veil is neither a niqaab nor a purdah it is something like the hijab! so she is misconstruing this verse.

Another Taz Quranic interpretation:
    "Oh nabi, please tell your wives and daughters and faithful
    women to wear a covering dress on their bodies. That would
    be good. Then nobody can recognise them and harrass
    them. Allah is merciful and kind." (Sura Al Hijaab 33: 59)

Covering DRESS??? What the Quran actually says:
    O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Yusaf Ali

outer garment is not the same as dress.

She has even exaggerated hadith too.

Here I upped her orginal article which was actually translated it was the translated copy which created the uproar:

http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftaslimanasrin.com%2FOPINION.pdf&images=yes 
     Reply #21 - March 04, 2010, 05:55 PM

Wait no I am confused! so which article did SHE write? Seems the articles which are attributed to her carry internal contradictions. I am just confused about this now.
     Reply #22 - March 04, 2010, 06:10 PM

Who the fuck cares if she lied about the Quran? Why are you defending Islam? I thought you were an ex-muslim?

Reply #23 - March 04, 2010, 06:15 PM

Who the fuck cares if she lied about the Quran? Why are you defending Islam? I thought you were an ex-muslim?

Ye my thoughts exactly. Anyway if she's lying than a scholar of Islam or any Muslim with knowledge of the Qur'an could have just called BS on her argument. The riots lie with total responsibility of those who perpertrated them as far as I'm concerned.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #24 - March 04, 2010, 06:27 PM

Ye my thoughts exactly. Anyway if she's lying than a scholar of Islam or any Muslim with knowledge of the Qur'an could have just called BS on her argument. The riots lie with total responsibility of those who perpertrated them as far as I'm concerned.

Tut might claim to be a ex-muslim but his sympathies are still with islamists and bigots. How else can you explain why he would put the feelings and violent urges of musulman thugs over a intellectual's right to free speech?

Reply #25 - March 04, 2010, 06:36 PM

Tut says
    Wait no I am confused![/u] so which article did SHE write? Seems the articles which are attributed to her carry internal contradictions. I am just confused about this now.

You are always confused., what is new in that dear Tut., when you were Sona you were confused about your.....

SHE DID NOT WRITE ANY ARTICLES., Some Indian Hindu guys copied stuff from her book and her old news clips from Bangladesh(Before your birth) news papers and put together an article in an Indian News paper.

Where apparently they wrote that she Said " During Prophet Muhammad time Women did not wear Burkh"., But this apparently contradicts Prophet saying ] from some MUMBO JUMBO book, that is According Muslim Baboons of Indian subcontinent  who  don't understand History of Islam.,

So she is going against Prophet,
    so it is blasphemy..
     so kill her and kill every one..

ROGUES OF ISLAM
    yeezevee

Reply #26 - March 04, 2010, 06:43 PM

ROFL I love you so much YeeZeeVee. We should meet up and chill one day.

Reply #27 - March 04, 2010, 08:00 PM

Tut might claim to be a ex-muslim but his sympathies are still with islamists and bigots. How else can you explain why he would put the feelings and violent urges of musulman thugs over a intellectual's right to free speech?

She's hardly an intellectual. But maybe you are right... Maybe I should not have said she deserves it, she should have just been ignored.
     Reply #28 - March 05, 2010, 04:05 AM

Hello king tut, I did not know you are sona. Nice seeing you here. I thought you went soofee and spent time with green turban guys? What happened?

What do you make of islam now that you have become exmuslim?

Regards and all the best.

Reply #29 - March 05, 2010, 04:28 AM

details about that alleged article

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/culture/04-violence-taslima-article-qs-01

BANGALORE: Bangladeshi author Taslima Nasreen said Tuesday her work had been “misused” by an Indian daily as the article sparked fresh violence after protests left two dead in southern India.

On Sunday, a local Kannada-language newspaper in the southern state of Karnataka published an article it said had been written by Nasreen that was interpreted as criticising the wearing of burqas.  Police imposed a curfew Tuesday in Shimoga town, 270 kilometres west of state capital Bangalore, after two people were killed in protests that saw hundreds of Muslims take to the streets.

One person was shot dead by police on Monday, while another was killed in clashes that broke out. Fifteen people were injured and 50 arrested, police said.

“The appearance of the article is atrocious,” Nasreen said in a statement sent to local news agency Press Trust of India. “In any of my writings I have never mentioned that Prophet Mohammed was against the burqa.”She denied ever having written for the newspaper, adding: “I suspect that it is a deliberate attempt to malign me and to misuse my writings to create disturbance in the society. I wish peace will prevail.”

The newspaper, Kannada Prabha (Kannada Journal), which published the controversial article, said it was taken from a website that it did not name. Police said the streets of Shimoga were tense but peaceful on Tuesday.

“A curfew has been imposed until Wednesday evening,” Shimoga police chief S. Murugan told AFP by telephone, adding “the situation is under control”. But in Mangalore, around 200 kilometres southwest of Shimoga, attackers threw a petrol bomb into the Kannada Prabha's offices, according to local reports, some of which said the building had been burned down.

There were no reports of any injuries in the attack.

Protests were also reported in the town of Hassan, 180 kilometres from Bangalore, which turned violent but resulted in no casualties.mPolice said the unrest began after the publication of the article, which an Urdu-language daily mentioned in its edition Monday but did not reproduce. Additional police commissioner A. M. Pujar said both newspapers were booked on charges of “inflaming religious tensions”.

The newspapers published separate apologies on Tuesday.

Nasreen, 47, is no stranger to violent reactions to her work.

Her book Lajja, (Shame), depicting the life of a minority Hindu family persecuted by Muslims in Bangladesh, forced her to flee the country in 1994 after being accused of blasphemy. She spent the next 10 years in western Europe and the United States before India granted her a temporary residential permit in 2004. She moved to Kolkata in the state of West Bengal, adjoining Bangladesh but seething resentment by Muslim hardliners at her presence in the city exploded into full-blown riots in 2007, which resulted in the army being called out.

She went into hiding in New Delhi and was eventually forced to leave India in March 2008. Since then, she has been unable to live full-time in India because of opposition from Muslim hardliners. Last month, the Indian government renewed her temporary six-month residence permit but New Delhi has not disclosed her whereabouts.

Some of these Muslim criminals are emotional baboons., there is hardly anything  that deserves  death and destruction..

imagine websites like this or ffi  operating openly  criticizing stupidities in religions.  Islam is very little to do with Abraham religions namely Judaism and Christianity it is just Arabian Paganism  GONE WILD. The only commonality    is,  these writers of Quran copy/pasted some silly old stories in to it and writers of Hadith copy pasted the stories of Arab towns of that time

yeezevee

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »