Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Halal food

(Read 40454 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Halal food
     Reply #30 - February 09, 2010, 08:38 PM

Living in a muslim country, I obviously eat halal meat all the time. However, back in December I traveled to Europe and after a few days of eating vegetarian food or at that halal Paki restaurant (first time I had Paki food, it was pretty much the best food ever), I gave in and had chicken kebab at a regular restaurant. It was... normal. And then I had a Subway turkey sandwich but it was a disappointment because I thought it would be a real turkey escalope, silly me.

But if uncircumcised penis counts as non-halal meat, then I broke the rule a while ago  lipsrsealed

Cheesy
     Reply #31 - February 09, 2010, 08:39 PM

oooh - be careful when you use the word 'Paki' because its used as a racist term for South Asians and anyone who looks 'brown Asian' in the UK.....however it might not be so bad if Pakistanis use it ironically amongst themselves, even then some might get offended if you use it, especially if they don't know you  Tongue

I can use it. I got community immunity.  cool2
     Reply #32 - February 09, 2010, 08:41 PM

You and I can never be friends.

I have wet dreams about eating whoppers with cheese.

Fuck you.  Smiley

aloofandbored0  Kentucky FTW, zinger twister.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #33 - February 09, 2010, 11:34 PM

my family never had any issues with non-halal food, especially not me (since i was never religious) - the thing was, when buying meat for home, to cook with, my parents always got halal meat. but when dining out, halal was never a priority. The only person to actually raise the issue was my younger brother, when he was old enough to understand that 'muslims should eat halal'- he would constantly badger the rest of the family on the issue, and he was barely 13! lol

only after that has my mom been a little more conscious about where her kids eat out, but not enough to have any real issues with it. My brother of course refuses anything non-halal.

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius,
    et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius,
    ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.
     Reply #34 - February 09, 2010, 11:37 PM

I love the KFC Zinger meal.  Whenever I go KFC I'm constantly looking over my shoulder.

If I'm in McDonalds or Burger King I can quickly hide the haram burger and continue munching on the chips, but because KFC doesn't have a vege option, is anyone gonna believe that I went to KFC just for chips and drink?

Oh my closet ex-Muslim life is so exciting!  lipsrsealed

Reply #35 - February 09, 2010, 11:40 PM

I love the KFC Zinger meal.  Whenever I go KFC I'm constantly looking over my shoulder.

If I'm in McDonalds or Burger King I can quickly hide the haram burger and continue munching on the chips, but because KFC doesn't have a vege option, is anyone gonna believe that I went to KFC just for chips and drink?

wow u guys making me jealous, i haven't strayed frm halal food except for accidentally eating a bit of pepperoni pizza about 3/4 years ago lol.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #36 - February 09, 2010, 11:42 PM

I bet it makes the food taste better though..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #37 - February 09, 2010, 11:52 PM

The haram food tastes delicious alhumdulillah. yes

Reply #38 - February 10, 2010, 12:14 AM

KFC Tower fillet burger - with a chicken thigh or breast on the side.....now we're talking!  bunny

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #39 - February 10, 2010, 12:17 AM

Whenever I'm at KFC I order 9 hot wings, chips and a drink and maybe an extra piece on the side. Damn I'm hungry.
     Reply #40 - February 10, 2010, 12:21 AM

Same here. I've got hot junk food cravings because of this thread. I would eat some KFC now like a man who's been released from prison fucking his wife for the first time in a year.

*slap that greasy chicken thigh*

*lick that meat off that breast bone*

*raarrrrrr*

God is Love.

Reply #41 - February 10, 2010, 12:30 AM

far away hug
    We can be very good friends now.  yes

Though it sucks that there isn't any close enough KFC where I live. I haven't eaten in KFC for a while  Cry

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #42 - February 10, 2010, 12:37 AM

I love KFC too, just don't diss the whopper.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #43 - February 10, 2010, 12:41 AM

If you're smart enough and skilled enough you can make it yourself

I have a cousin who works as a chef in an american themed restaurant, he made some chicken from scratch-very nearly tasted like KFC. In one night he achieved what those fake-ass London chicken shops have been trying to do for 20 years.

I hear what you're saying. You're spinning my head around.
     Reply #44 - February 10, 2010, 08:59 AM

oooh - be careful when you use the word 'Paki' because its used as a racist term for South Asians and anyone who looks 'brown Asian' in the UK.....however it might not be so bad if Pakistanis use it ironically amongst themselves, even then some might get offended if you use it, especially if they don't know you  Tongue

Aww really? I have this friend who lives in the UAE but whose parents are from Pakistan, and for years, during our conversations he's always Paki this, Paki that, so I thought it was alright to use it. My apologies if I offended anyone.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #45 - February 10, 2010, 10:32 AM

I think that your friend strictly observing Halal but nothing else is very much a Pakistani thing. I have noticed that Pakistanis are very strict about halal, even if they are not strict about anything else. I have noticed that Arabs, Iranians and Africans are a lot less fussy that Pakistanis! In my first year of uni, there was this Nigerian girl I lived with who would buy her meat from Morrisons and say it is ok if you say "Bismillah" before you eat it, and me being a Pakistani, found that attitude very peculiar.
    My cousin used to have a chip shop and he would get very annoyed with Pakistanis coming in saying "Are you sure your meat is halal? How do you know? Where do you get it from"!

Anyway, what I am trying to say is, Pakistanis seem to think that the absolute worst thing you can do in Islam is eat haram food!

Well IMO the best burger available in the UK is Frankie and Benny's Black Pepper Mayo Burger. It's relatively expensive so I don't go that often.

But a cheese whopper with bacon will do  Afro

The best burgers I have ever had are from the Gourmet Burger Kitchen - The Greek Lamb burger is absolutely gorgeous! Another restaurant is brilliant for burgers, and I think it is worth travelling to Northampton just to go to this restaurant called "Buddy's" - I had a lasagne burger from there which was so nice!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #46 - February 10, 2010, 11:34 AM

I have a Pakistani Muslim friend who drinks, smokes weeds, doesn't pray, have had premarital sex(or at least brags about it). I once invited him to eat chicken and rice with me, and he said he only eats Halal food. I was like WHAT  wacko Huh?

I know somebody who is exactly the same. But worse. When he found out that another Muslim ate a haraam KFC burger, he went flipmode! Everyone was like, wtf, you drink alcohol and smoke weed.... His defence was that "there is no alternative to those haraam things that I do but there is an alternative to haraam chicken (i.e. halaal chicken)"

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #47 - February 10, 2010, 12:11 PM

Aww really? I have this friend who lives in the UAE but whose parents are from Pakistan, and for years, during our conversations he's always Paki this, Paki that, so I thought it was alright to use it. My apologies if I offended anyone.

I don't think you offended anyone, you're too nice to do that!

I have had Pakistani acquaintances who have used it amongst themselves too, but I think they do so ironically, like when black people used the N word, but amongst white people, it is used as a racist slur - sad really.

God is Love.

Reply #48 - February 10, 2010, 07:56 PM

Yeh the P word is pretty much used in the same way as the N word in the UK at least. You can only use it if you are one yourself.

Reply #49 - February 10, 2010, 08:00 PM

Can I use it on account of it being used on me so many times in my life?  Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #50 - February 10, 2010, 08:07 PM

If you look like a Pakistani then I suppose no Pakistani will think bad of you for using it. But if they suspect you're not a Pakistani... prepare for trouble. Growing up in a Pakistani community, it's been ingrained in me to react with fear to the P word. I feel weird even saying it in private with nobody around. It happened quite a few times where when Pakistanis would get annoyed with me or my mother, they would start accusing me or my mother of calling them a P***. Me or my mother would never even dare to use that word in front of another Pakistani.

Reply #51 - February 10, 2010, 11:48 PM

BK Whopper > than all else.  grin12

Have you guys noticed that Halal food is always so damn expensive !!!

Fuck i remember first year in university (during my believing days) i bought a halal chicken burger for $8 !!!!

after that i was like screw this shit i am just gonna eat all but pork.

O yea and my dad being a non believer eats everything and drinks occasionally in secret however. My mom on the other hand is more religious and brings that halal shit over all the time. She has pretty much given up on convincing me about halal food.

I plan to try a pepperoni pizza before my graduation Inshallah!!   dance

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #52 - February 10, 2010, 11:49 PM

Smiley

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #53 - February 10, 2010, 11:50 PM

If you look like a Pakistani then I suppose no Pakistani will think bad of you for using it. But if they suspect you're not a Pakistani... prepare for trouble. Growing up in a Pakistani community, it's been ingrained in me to react with fear to the P word. I feel weird even saying it in private with nobody around. It happened quite a few times where when Pakistanis would get annoyed with me or my mother, they would start accusing me or my mother of calling them a P***. Me or my mother would never even dare to use that word in front of another Pakistani.

r u a paki urself??

Reply #54 - February 10, 2010, 11:57 PM

Have you guys noticed that Halal food is always so damn expensive !!!

Fuck i remember first year in university (during my believing days) i bought a halal chicken burger for $8 !!!!

after that i was like screw this shit i am just gonna eat all but pork.

O yea and my dad being a non believer eats everything and drinks occasionally in secret however. My mom on the other hand is more religious and brings that halal shit over all the time. She has pretty much given up on convincing me about halal food.

I plan to try a pepperoni pizza before my graduation Inshallah!!   dance

8 dorrars? Fuck that, here we have places like Chicken cottage which are halal and sell burgers for cheaper than BK and a bit more than McDs.

Halal meat is not that expensive if you live in London, or B'ham or Leicester, but if you live in a smaller town with fewer Muslims it will be quite expensive, I remember a whole chicken at the local halal butchers is about ?3 compared to ?2.50 at a similar English butcher.

The only difference is meat is very cheap in the supermarket and in most supermarkets you can't get halal meat.

I hear what you're saying. You're spinning my head around.
     Reply #55 - February 11, 2010, 12:20 AM

dude i am in canada. yea some halal places are cheap but at my uni food is crazy expensive and considering the fact that there is always labor involved in this halal shit (the idiot who chants and cuts throats) i guess thats why its so expensive in many locations here.

but damn it must be nice for muslims in england where there is sooooo much halal meat available. poor believers here are so stuck. they have to drive to far ass restaurants just to get their blessed food.

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #56 - February 11, 2010, 12:27 AM

I think the insistence on halal is a territorial thing too, its an assertion of Islam in the public space. It also creates problems. There was a case a few years ago of Muslims in a school in Kent demanding halal meat be served at school. Well it turns out that they just made all the meat halal, and other students didn't realise this, for a while. It turns out that Sikh students had been eating halal meat, which they are not allowed to do, because they don't believe in ritual slaughter, and other kuffars in the school objected as well. So the halal imposition can actually create problems for others.

God is Love.

Reply #57 - February 11, 2010, 12:31 AM

o yea totally agree with you on that.  Afro

Lol i had a sikh friend who never ate halal. then he became an atheist and caused me to become one too hahaha  Roll Eyes

The way i see it is that its an enterprise. market and sell this nonsense and fools will buy it. 35-40 years ago in canada there was soooo little halal food and most Muslims just ate non halal but now thanks to mass immigration its the other way around.

If i owned a food business i would too promote this halal stuff.

$$$$$ Halal Food $$$$$$

Reply #58 - February 11, 2010, 12:39 AM

I know a Pakistani girl, more an acquantance than a friend, who is exactly as described by many of you on this issue - she has boyfriends (she even dated kuffar men), she drinks, but is fastidious with halal food. And I mean, really, really fastidious. She won't eat anything, not even a fruit yoghurt, until she has checked on the labels that there are no additives that might not be halal. So, she is utterly fastidious about it all.

Except when she had a few drinks, she would join us at a food joint or restaurant and enjoy infidel food like a trooper - I'll never forget that, it was so funny. The alcohol made her not give a fuck.

God is Love.

Reply #59 - February 11, 2010, 12:52 AM

Well it turns out that they just made all the meat halal, and other students didn't realise this, for a while.

I'd be furious if they did this at my children's school. I would really go nuts and send leaflets/emails to all parents urging them to protest.

This really gets me man. I don't think Kent has a large Muslim population so why don't the Muslims just STFU and eat vegetarian meals or sth. My sister goes to a Catholic school and if she's hungry she buys a tuna or a cheese sandwich. My parents would NEVER have the impudence to do something like this.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »