Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hundreds of Questions to Ask a Muslim

(Read 157823 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hundreds of Questions to Ask a Muslim
     Reply #420 - August 26, 2013, 06:35 AM

I was always curious why muslims believe islam as much as they do. I mean allah liked the jews then cursed them. Jesus on the cross? Fake, allah deliberately misled the christians. He hasn't exactly proven himself trustworthy. Why's this time any different?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #421 - November 09, 2013, 03:21 PM

Have split the thread

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=25251.msg717407#msg717407

Please keep this thread simply for asking questions. MRasheed can give his response and replies at that thread.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #422 - December 28, 2013, 03:30 PM

If God doesn't have any needs, then why does He needs His creations to worship Him? How come we see no Jamjam well near a malnourished and dead kid of Africa, if he or she is Muslim? If all creations, with the exception of djinns and humans, like plants and planet Earth worship Him, how come a certain plant will help to hide the Jews before the Judgement Day?
     Reply #423 - December 28, 2013, 03:33 PM

If God doesn't have any needs, then why does He needs His creations to worship Him?

because god is/was a  "DICKHEAD "  in the minds of "ITS"  creator.  So who is the creator of god on this earth??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #424 - December 28, 2013, 03:40 PM

"If the Devil should die, would God make another?"
    - Robert G. Ingersoll

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #425 - December 28, 2013, 04:01 PM

Muslims are supposed to say a supplication before eating, so as to prevent Satan from eating with us. Why is that blasphemous? We can't see Satan because he can stay invisible, but what about the food he eats? Does his wife pack him a huge lunchbox for that purpose before he sets off, or does he eat our food? If it's the former then maybe djinn foods are invisible but if it's the latter, how come I don't see my food disappearing? And what is this allergy to left hand stuff? Things done by the left hand are controlled by the right part of the brain. And what if I lie to the angels of death after my death and say that I am a Muslim, I believe in Allah and that Muhammad is his prophet? Some say after death we stay in the grave, either sleep peacefully or get beaten, depending on our deeds. What happens to those whose bodies are burned? Some say we either go to Illiyin (good people) or Sijjin (bad people), after death. Then how come there is the previous version? They say that the devils are chained during the month of Ramadan. OK, then how come people are doing wrong deeds during that month?
     Reply #426 - December 28, 2013, 06:26 PM

Why did God need to spread his message through Mo?
    If God can do everything, why doesn't he make us all believers?
    How can I believe in God, if I have no free will?
    Why did he make me a kafir?  If God already knows that some of us will fail, why is he testing us?

And please don't tell me that we can change our fate, God already decided if we will change or not, because he is omniscent!! At least don't deny this fact!!

Reply #427 - December 29, 2013, 12:00 AM

And what is this allergy to left hand stuff?

It's quite possible this was taken from christianity. In christianity, the right hand of god is the favoured hand. For example, Jesus sits at God's right side. God's left hand, however, is the hand of judgement. The archangel Gabriel is sometimes called "god's left hand", sits at god's left side, and is one of six angels of death. Those who fall from favour with god are sent to left, as described in Matthew 25: 32–33, in which sheep represent the righteous and goats represent the fallen: "And he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats. And he shall set the sheep on his right, but the goats on his left." In 19th-century Europe, homosexuals were referred to as "left-handed" whilst in Protestant nations, Roman Catholics were called "left-footers". Black magic is sometimes referred to as the "left-hand path", which is strongly associated with Satanism.

Course, there's also this same bias in India and other parts of Asia, so who knows where it comes from originally? Could just be that most people are right handed.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #428 - June 28, 2015, 09:35 PM

1) Why is the penalty for apostasy death? (sahih Bukhari)
    2) Do you believe homosexuals should face a death penalty? is that not extremely bigoted/discriminating of your god?
    3) what is wrong with fornication? (sex before marriage) why is your god hell bent on preventing sex before marriage?
    4) Why is your god interested on a planet and a species that barely exists in comparison to the universe?
    5) why does your god not intervene with human affairs considering it has plenty of times in the past?
    6) How does your god attain omniscience and give us free will at the same time? how does destiny/fate go side by side with free will?
    7) Is Allah not affected by infinite regress? since it has an infinite past?
    8 ) Why would Allah willingly plan for there to be hundreds of prophets knowing that the religions they bring will stay no matter which prophet comes next?
    9) How is the notion of this "test" even fair?
    10) Why does your Allah only care about those who suck up to him and not those who do good for the world or live good and honest lives?
    11) why infinite punishment for finite transgression?
    12) why are there so many scientific absurdities in the quran?
     Reply #429 - June 29, 2015, 01:49 AM

I just want to point out that 3 is wrong. Allah does not forbid fornication (sex outside of marriage) for all. He forbids it for Muslim women, but not Muslim men.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #430 - June 29, 2015, 02:47 PM

I just want to point out that 3 is wrong. Allah does not forbid fornication (sex outside of marriage) for all. He forbids it for Muslim women, but not Muslim men.

Huh? really?
     Reply #431 - June 29, 2015, 03:38 PM

Yes. Muslim men can take captive women to warm their beds, but women are allowed no such thing.
     Reply #432 - June 29, 2015, 03:57 PM

If there is punishment and bliss in the grave as mentioned in the Sunnah, how about those who get cremated?
     Reply #433 - June 29, 2015, 06:17 PM

Huh? really?

Right-hand possess is code for female slaves.
     Reply #434 - June 29, 2015, 06:50 PM

Does God know everything or is everything a test so you can prove your worship towards him?

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #435 - June 29, 2015, 09:23 PM

Right-hand possess is code for female slaves.

Oh you're talking about the verses on slavery; iirc any female slave can not only be raped but becomes their property; so they can commence in adultery/ fornication with the slave. The real question is why is slavery even condoned let alone them being treated as properties?
     Reply #436 - June 30, 2015, 02:02 AM

Or, why is rape allowed?

Reply #437 - June 30, 2015, 05:57 AM

Wives and slaves are property, and property has no rights as far as consent goes. This is why they are/were so against the concept of marital rape being a legally recognised crime. I remember reading a hadith once that mentioned keeping a whip or something in view of wives and slaves.

Reply #438 - June 30, 2015, 03:18 PM

Hi everybody  Smiley I'm new
    How will jinns burn in hell as they are made of fire ?  Huh?
     Reply #439 - July 01, 2015, 02:00 AM

Wives and slaves are property, and property has no rights as far as consent goes. This is why they are/were so against the concept of marital rape being a legally recognised crime. I remember reading a hadith once that mentioned keeping a whip or something in view of wives and slaves.

Yeah, that's what I mean. How does that make sense? It refutes the Divine and Omnipotent claims.

Reply #440 - July 01, 2015, 03:37 AM

Oh you're talking about the verses on slavery; iirc any female slave can not only be raped but becomes their property; so they can commence in adultery/ fornication with the slave. The real question is why is slavery even condoned let alone them being treated as properties?

Slavery was a major economic factor throughout the Middle-East, Asia, Africa and Europe for centuries. It was profitable in war as not every soldier in every nation/empire was paid a high wage if a wage at all. Early nations/empires rarely had a standing army like Rome thus many soldiers were farmers, herdsmen, craftsmen, etc, joining as a second job or as forced levies. It was just another form of war loot that could be sold providing as source of income the average person rarely could gain in their normal lives. It was a good incentive for people to join. It also was an income for off-seasons in which normal work could not be done like farming. It was just a standard of the economy thus as normal as the stock market or investments are today. People invested time, effort and money in order for a large payout later.

In Islamic history Muhammad became an outcast from his former place in a well off tribe when exiled from Mecca. We also do not know when the funds he and his first wife, Khadija, ran dry as she died before his exile. She may have been the only factor remaining which made his preaching tolerable in Mecca. He had burned a lot of "bridges" with his anti-polytheism stance so her death could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. From this point he either lived off of whatever money remained, off his wealthy followers or a combination of both. In Medina as part of establishing an alliance against Mecca the wealth of the tribe(s) of Mecca were appealing to groups that were not Muslims. Mecca is depicted as a trade and pilgrimage city between the developed south, Yemen, and developed border regions of Byzantium such as Egypt, Palestine, Syria and Iraq. His wars of conquest within Arabia draw a number of tribes to his cause as per my opening statement. After his death there are records of many former allies, including Muslims, rebelling or just ignoring the emerging Caliphate which is evidence of questionable loyalty to Muhammad, Islam and the Caliphate. His death cut a number of strings for each factor I mentioned.

This does should relative morality since God could forbid a number of things outright such as pork but did nothing about slavery itself. All the anti-slavery verses are for the believers benefit not the slaves. So either God was powerless to stop it, accepted slavery or as I believe all are a product of a human mind set in an environment in which it was normal. Keep in mind Muhammad received a percentage of all war loot and charity to support his emerging life-style. Slavery was acceptable in Judaism and Christianity so it was not a new idea within the line Abrahamic religions. Such an idea is no more than a product of men living in these times thus was justified by religions even outside of the 3 Abrahamic ones.

Reply #441 - July 06, 2015, 10:30 PM

Or, why is rape allowed?

Exactly; seriously in the UK pretty much every muslim convert is a women, why in their right mind would they agree to this?

I need the link to that marital rape law and the hadith; cause frankly my best friend who is a female is under the delusion that islam gives her all the 21st century rights.
     Reply #442 - July 06, 2015, 10:30 PM

Hi everybody  Smiley I'm new
    How will jinns burn in hell as they are made of fire ?  Huh?

Lol
     Reply #443 - July 07, 2015, 07:28 AM

I need the link to that marital rape law and the hadith; cause frankly my best friend who is a female is under the delusion that islam gives her all the 21st century rights.

Discussion on the hadith here. http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-10626.html

As for marital rape, last year the Maldives president vetoed a marital rape bill as ‘un-Islamic’. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/maldives-president-vetoes-marital-rape-bill-as-un-islamic/2014/01/16/d8f50b8a-7ed3-11e3-97d3-b9925ce2c57b_story.html

One of hundreds (at least) of fatwas saying marital rape isn't a crime. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/05/islamic-cleric-rules-marital-rape-is-no-crime/

The thing is you can dismiss all the above as flawed humans not understanding the true meaning, or deliberately twisting things, but when you actually look into the justifications they can always back it up with theology.

Reply #444 - July 07, 2015, 05:57 PM

Discussion on the hadith here. http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-10626.html

As for marital rape, last year the Maldives president vetoed a marital rape bill as ‘un-Islamic’. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/maldives-president-vetoes-marital-rape-bill-as-un-islamic/2014/01/16/d8f50b8a-7ed3-11e3-97d3-b9925ce2c57b_story.html

One of hundreds (at least) of fatwas saying marital rape isn't a crime. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/05/islamic-cleric-rules-marital-rape-is-no-crime/

The thing is you can dismiss all the above as flawed humans not understanding the true meaning, or deliberately twisting things, but when you actually look into the justifications they can always back it up with theology.

Thanks for those links, and i agree apologists will always claim those are twisted words not representative of the religion, but clearly they've always been able to provide proof/justification for those claims.

Do you think the muslim nations will ever accept 21st century standards and rights granted by the human rights act and the convention of human rights? or will they continue to suppress the rights of every human living in those nations for all eternity?

http://sierra.mmic.net/karadawi.jpg
     Reply #445 - July 07, 2015, 06:02 PM

Well if they do, let's hope it isn't something that finally happens in the 25th century when 21st century values are outdated. Grin

Reply #446 - July 14, 2015, 02:56 PM

Well if they do, let's hope it isn't something that finally happens in the 25th century when 21st century values are outdated. Grin

LOL clap That made me LMAO Grin
     Reply #447 - November 09, 2015, 11:17 AM

If Muhammad was a mercy for all mankind, why did he make a living at one point from raiding caravans? Why was that okay?

If apostasy laws in the Qur'an are specific to a time and historical context, how come 64% of Muslim countries support the death penalty for leaving Islam?

If the Qur'an is flawless, why would God say that embryos are formed from a blood clot? Why would he say that bones are covered with flesh during this stage, when it's been shown that scientifically they're actually formed last?

Reply #448 - November 09, 2015, 09:18 PM

Why spread the message of Islam via a man and a book? Both can be easily susceptible to corruption. Surely his silky Morgan Freeman voice echoing around the world would've been better?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #449 - November 09, 2015, 10:52 PM

WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE!!??
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »