Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New Humanist Quiz: What kind of humanist are you?

(Read 15246 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New Humanist Quiz: What kind of humanist are you?
     OP - December 26, 2009, 06:05 PM

A short and funny quiz:

http://newhumanist.org.uk/2088/what-kind-of-humanist-are-you
    (Apparently I am a Hedonistic Humanist.)

Also have a look at God Trumps cards (good laugh is guaranteed!):

http://newhumanist.org.uk/1915/god-trumps-part-i
    http://newhumanist.org.uk/2002/god-trumps-part-ii

Two examples:

In case somebody wants to give this bi-monthly a try, you can request a trial copy of New Humanist here:
    http://newhumanist.org.uk/trial

• Re: New Humanist Quiz: What kind of humanist are you?
     Reply #1 - December 26, 2009, 07:26 PM

I am a Hedonistic Humanist. Sounds about right Cheesy

I didn't understand all the choices though.
     Reply #2 - December 27, 2009, 08:17 AM

Not living in the UK I felt a little out of the loop with some of the questions but it was a fun quiz.  I am a "Hounded Humanist", in the description, some of it was right on but a lot of it wasn't.  I love doing quizes like this.

You do not need the Bible to justify love, but no better tool has been invented to justify hate. Richard A. Weatherwax

Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family.  Steven Colbert
     Reply #3 - December 27, 2009, 08:31 AM

I get Hedonistic Humanist, which frankly didn't surprise me one bit. grin12

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #4 - December 27, 2009, 09:51 AM

Hedonistic humanist. Sounds about right.
     Reply #5 - December 27, 2009, 09:52 AM

I got the same as you guys. Is there even other results a person can get??

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #6 - December 27, 2009, 10:10 AM

Hounded Humanist

Oh, God – I mean, oh, Dawkins! – why does it all have to be so difficult? You try so hard, don’t you, to be a good person and to lead a blameless life? You keep a compost heap, cycle to the bottle bank, and the list of countries you won’t buy from is longer than the washing line for your baby’s towelling nappies. You would never cheat on your partner, drink and drive, accept bribes or fiddle your expenses. You try not to waste money, but give loads to charity. But you can’t help feeling guilty a lot of the time. It took quite an effort to throw off the shackles of your religious upbringing and even today you occasionally wonder if you’ve done the right thing. At other times, though, you remember with a shudder of revulsion the hypocrisy and constraints that you’ve escaped. You feel awkward when Christopher Hitchens argues that religion is primitive. Yet you’re filled with violent loathing when Jehovah’s Witnesses bang on your door or you encounter a line of orange Hare Krishnas chanting in the street. The commentator you most admire is Terry Eagleton, who, despite having no truck with religion itself, is a powerful advocate of religious values. You’re a reluctant atheist who’d have preferred some fundamental certainties but realised with sadness that there weren’t any. Lighten up – and wear your humanism with heart

Word.  Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #7 - December 27, 2009, 12:02 PM

Hedonistic Humanist Roll Eyes

"Hanifs (Muslims) are stumbling, Christians all astray
    Jews wildered, Magians far on error's way.
    We mortals are composed of two great schools:
    Enlightened knaves or else religious fools....."

Muslim freethinkers society:  http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php?ref=mb#/group.php?gid=2251053
     Reply #8 - January 30, 2012, 03:20 AM

What kind of humanist are you?
    Hedonistic Humanist
    You are one of life’s enjoyers, determined to get the most you can out of your brief spell on this glorious planet. What first attracted you to atheism was the prospect of liberation from the Ten Commandments, few of which are compatible with a life of pleasure. You play hard and work quite hard, have a strong sense of loyalty and a relaxed but consistent approach to your philosophy. You can’t see the point of abstract principles and probably wouldn’t lay down your life for a concept, though you might for a friend. Something of a champagne humanist, you admire George Bernard Shaw for his cheerful agnosticism and pursuit of sensual rewards, and your Hollywood hero is Marlon Brando, who was beautiful (for a while), irascible and aimed for goodness in his own tortured way. You adored the humanist London bus slogan (“There’s probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life”) and are delighted that wild young comedians like Stewart Lee, Christina Martin and Ricky Gervais share your full-blooded rejection of religion. Sometimes you might be tempted to allow your own pleasures to take precedence over your ethics. But everyone is striving for that elusive balance between the good and the happy life. You’d probably better open another bottle and agree that for you there’s no contest.

... yes
     Reply #9 - January 30, 2012, 03:34 AM

Hounded Humanist
    Oh, God – I mean, oh, Dawkins! – why does it all have to be so difficult? You try so hard, don’t you, to be a good person and to lead a blameless life? You keep a compost heap, cycle to the bottle bank, and the list of countries you won’t buy from is longer than the washing line for your baby’s towelling nappies. You would never cheat on your partner, drink and drive, accept bribes or fiddle your expenses. You try not to waste money, but give loads to charity. But you can’t help feeling guilty a lot of the time. It took quite an effort to throw off the shackles of your religious upbringing and even today you occasionally wonder if you’ve done the right thing. At other times, though, you remember with a shudder of revulsion the hypocrisy and constraints that you’ve escaped. You feel awkward when Christopher Hitchens argues that religion is primitive. Yet you’re filled with violent loathing when Jehovah’s Witnesses bang on your door or you encounter a line of orange Hare Krishnas chanting in the street. The commentator you most admire is Terry Eagleton, who, despite having no truck with religion itself, is a powerful advocate of religious values. You’re a reluctant atheist who’d have preferred some fundamental certainties but realised with sadness that there weren’t any. Lighten up – and wear your humanism with heart.

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #10 - January 31, 2012, 01:08 AM

Hedonistic Humanist
    You are one of life’s enjoyers, determined to get the most you can out of your brief spell on this glorious planet. What first attracted you to atheism was the prospect of liberation from the Ten Commandments, few of which are compatible with a life of pleasure. You play hard and work quite hard, have a strong sense of loyalty and a relaxed but consistent approach to your philosophy. You can’t see the point of abstract principles and probably wouldn’t lay down your life for a concept, though you might for a friend. Something of a champagne humanist, you admire George Bernard Shaw for his cheerful agnosticism and pursuit of sensual rewards, and your Hollywood hero is Marlon Brando, who was beautiful (for a while), irascible and aimed for goodness in his own tortured way. You adored the humanist London bus slogan (“There’s probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life”) and are delighted that wild young comedians like Stewart Lee, Christina Martin and Ricky Gervais share your full-blooded rejection of religion. Sometimes you might be tempted to allow your own pleasures to take precedence over your ethics. But everyone is striving for that elusive balance between the good and the happy life. You’d probably better open another bottle and agree that for you there’s no contest.

Reply #11 - January 31, 2012, 09:20 AM

hedonistic humanist
     Reply #12 - January 31, 2012, 06:40 PM

Hedonistic humanist!  parrot

Reply #13 - January 31, 2012, 06:45 PM

Hedonistic humanist!  bunny
     Reply #14 - January 31, 2012, 06:50 PM

I got hedonistic too but I don't consider myself hedonistic.
     Reply #15 - January 31, 2012, 07:20 PM

I got hedonistic too but I don't consider myself hedonistic.

That shows how good you are at it Grin

Reply #16 - May 25, 2013, 10:14 AM

Hedonistic Humanist.

For sure, the description doesn't fit me 100%, but oh well...

It is, but just some random quiz. At least it's fun. Kinda.

Certainty is an illusion.
     Reply #17 - July 08, 2013, 12:37 AM

LOL

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #18 - September 10, 2013, 12:40 PM

Hounded Humanist, apparently.

Although the rationalist association would probably consider me to be a heterodox religious person, notwithstanding my atheistic stance (in the truist sense of the word) realised through religion.
     Reply #19 - September 25, 2013, 12:03 PM

I am a Hedonistic Humanist. Sounds about right Cheesy

I got that too, which isn’t right at all. I suspect that my reliance on ravnican amenities (necessary for me because of my various medical conditions) predisposed some of my answers away from living in mud huts, etc, which they wrongly interpreted as ‘hedonism’.
     Reply #20 - September 25, 2013, 05:53 PM

I'm a Hedonistic Humanist. There's probably no god now stop worrying and enjoy your life Afro

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #21 - September 26, 2013, 12:26 AM

I'm not a Humanist.
    I took the quiz but I failed.  mysmilie_977
    It's okay I'm happy where I am   bunny

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #22 - September 26, 2013, 01:36 AM

Lol what was your result?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #23 - September 26, 2013, 01:41 AM

I'm not a Humanist.
    I took the quiz but I failed.  mysmilie_977
    It's okay I'm happy where I am   bunny

1871?
     Reply #24 - September 26, 2013, 08:49 AM

Hedonistic humanist!  parrot

Still one  dance

Reply #25 - October 15, 2013, 03:11 AM

Lol what was your result?

There wasn't any answers to some questions that a religious person could select, so it wouldn't score my quiz.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #26 - October 15, 2013, 03:19 AM

Hedonistic.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #27 - August 20, 2015, 01:05 AM

Hedonistic as well
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »