Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Beardless Youths

(Read 33052 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Beardless Youths
     Reply #60 - September 24, 2014, 10:57 AM

taking it was considered taboo for respectable adult men…at least in ancient rome, im assuming it was the same in greece. it was like that in lots of societies. ganymede was a boy…pederasty was acceptable. the boy assumes the submissive role and the older man is a mentor or teacher type character. boy love =/= adult homosexual relationships. 
  • Beardless Youths
     Reply #61 - October 04, 2014, 11:31 PM

For some reason your reply didn't show in my unread topics, I hope you didn't think I was ignoring your response.

Just did a quick google, what are your thoughts on this?

Sex between boys and men

Despite the formal disapproval of religious authority, the segregation of women in Muslim societies and the strong emphasis on male virility leads adolescent males and unmarried young men to seek sexual outlets with boys younger than themselves—in one study in Morocco, with boys in the age-range 7 to 13. Men have sex with other males so long as they are the penetrators and their partners are boys, or in some cases effeminate men. Liwat is regarded as a temptation, and anal intercourse is not seen as repulsively unnatural so much as dangerously attractive. They believe "one has to avoid getting buggered precisely in order not to acquire a taste for it and thus become addicted." Not all sodomy is homosexual: one Moroccan sociologist, in a study of sex education in his native country, notes that for many young men heterosexual sodomy is considered better than vaginal penetration, and female prostitutes likewise report the demand for anal penetration from their (male) clients.

It is not so much the penetration as the enjoyment that is considered bad. Deep shame attaches to the passive partner: "for this reason men stop getting laid at the age of 15 or 16 and 'forget' that they ever allowed/suffered/enjoyed it earlier." Similar sexual sociologies are reported for other Muslim societies from North Africa to Pakistan and the Far East. In Afghanistan in 2009, the British Army was forced to commission a report into the sexuality of the local men after British soldiers reported the discomfort at witnessing adult males involved in sexual relations with boys. The report stated that though illegal, there was a tradition of such relationships in the country, known as "bache bazi" or boy play, and that it was especially strong around Kandahar. This should be compared with the famous episode of T. E. Lawrence's homosexual rape in Revolt in the Desert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam#Sex_between_boys_and_men

popcorn

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Beardless Youths
     Reply #62 - October 05, 2014, 01:06 AM

There have been some changes with wikipedia pages on Islam,it appears ex muslims are setting the record straight.

The page on Muhammad al Razi was enough for me to convince a muslim he was atheist,no muslim would ever say the Quran is full of contradictions. Wink

I need to learn more about these beardless youth, i like to kick religion where it hurts.
  • Beardless Youths
     Reply #63 - November 08, 2014, 08:47 AM

For some reason your reply didn't show in my unread topics, I hope you didn't think I was ignoring your response.

Just did a quick google, what are your thoughts on this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam#Sex_between_boys_and_men

popcorn

Hmm…interesting. i guess boy love out of depravation a la prison is a thing in dar-al-islam…still not sure how common or mainstream though. its not something i ever got the feeling was particularly prevalent during my travels. perhaps we should ask CEMBers who have lived in the muslim world? 

for example…everyone knows about bacha bazi…its a well-documented phenomenon, soldiers who've been to afghanistan will tell you about it. you dont hear much about this sort of thing in other muslim societies though. i know some caliphs/sultans were known to have male sex slaves…so there's definitely historical precedent.

i found this interesting:

Whatever the legal strictures on sexual activity, the positive expression of male homeoerotic sentiment in literature was accepted, and assiduously cultivated, from the late eighth century until modern times. First in Arabic, but later also in Persian, Turkish and Urdu, love poetry by men about boys more than competed with that about women, it overwhelmed it. Anecdotal literature reinforces this impression of general societal acceptance of the public celebration of male-male love (which hostile Western caricatures of Islamic societies in medieval and early modern times simply exaggerate).[58]

sexuality is fascinating like that. now…at least here, you're either gay, straight or bi where the norm is being exclusively hetero whereas in many cultures throughout history the default seemed to be male bisexuality and there was no concept of exclusive homosexuality. 
  • Beardless Youths
     Reply #64 - November 08, 2014, 10:36 AM

Kit and Sagal fell out again

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »