Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Zaid Hamid

(Read 29664 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Zaid Hamid
     Reply #90 - July 15, 2010, 06:48 PM

I know I might be grave-digging an old thread here, but as of recent, my dad has been following this guy's speeches, and bragging about how great he is.

As atheist.pk was saying, he's basically another populist Islamic statist spewing propaganda. He can't provide any rational answers to the practical political questions.

Supposedly, he represents the youth of Pakistan.

As far as I know, they aren't really concerned with killing the enemies of Pakistan, Shari'a law, or making Pakistan the dominant state.

They just care about electricity, education, and facebook.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #91 - July 15, 2010, 07:51 PM

Dr Pervez Hoodbhoy vs Zaid Hamid debate on "Is Pakistan a rouge state?" [URDU]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e335NjG0h2o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTnSAoJLAJM

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #92 - July 15, 2010, 07:58 PM

Pervez Hoodbhoy is actually a pretty reasonable person.

Pakistan needs more like-minded people.

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #93 - July 15, 2010, 10:28 PM

+1

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #94 - July 15, 2010, 10:32 PM

"Is Pakistan a rouge state?" [URDU]

Well Pakistan is NOT a rogue state, but after the death of Jinnah it is always controlled by Rogue ideas or rogues defined the course of its history... Unfortunately unquestionable Islam and its preachers have that power..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #95 - July 15, 2010, 10:36 PM

rogues are kewl

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #96 - December 25, 2010, 10:45 PM

Bigg Boss, Big Hopes off course that is NOT about Zaid Hamid..
    http://www.newsweekpakistan.com/the-take/187

That is "Bigg Boss, Big Hopes" By By Ali Saleem.,

Salim is Quite famous cross dresser on  Pakistan TV, acts  as flirty, sultry Begum Nawazish Ali..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUa7JVazj4w

Begum Nawazish Ali is out for a 26-episode spin on Indian cable television. The enemy’s professionalism made me realize I started my career 10 years ago on the wrong side of Wagah. India’s media and entertainment industry is big business:
    it saw revenues of $13.1 billion in 2009, and is expected to grow to $24.3 billion by 2014. It’s hardly surprising then that Big Brother, the global reality TV sensation, was reincarnated in India, as Bigg Boss in 2006.

The show takes a bunch of perfect strangers and sequesters them in a house rigged with cameras for the 24/7 pleasure of voyeurs. These strangers collude and collide, cobble alliances in a bid to ensure they are the last to be voted off the show. In short, the housemates are forced to get along. I know, perfect format for Pakistanis and Indians.

I couldn’t make it to the Bigg Boss house last year—gone are the days when it took only hours for an Indian visa to come through—but I made it to season four of the smash show this year, with actress Veena Malik. The Indians are big on hospitality, like us. Both of us Pakistanis were accorded warmth, love even. But there was no joy from the Shiv Sena, the Hindu fundamentalist group. They threatened production company Endemol India and the Viacom18-owned channel Colors, which airs the show, with “serious action” if us Pakistanis were not evicted from the house. Why couldn’t they just phone in and vote us off like normal, civilized viewers, I thought. But the team at Bigg Boss stood by us, steadfast and unbowed.

It’s wonderful how millions on both sides of the border can get over the bitterness of the subcontinent’s division and watch a show where Pakistanis and Indians can interact away from the fog of politics and war, as plain ol’ people. And Indians love our soaps, and Coke Studio. Our ability to engage by appealing to each other’s common humanity and humor isn’t soft power, it’s the real deal. So to the politicians in each country, I say this: take off the sunglasses! Let’s see each other clearly, without the lens of our own respective insecurities.

Pakistanis and Indians are patriotic, and that does not mean we want to crib, claw, and kill. Peace lobbyists—both officials and activists—entertainers, and sportspersons have the potential to bring Pakistan and India together in mutual respect as civilized neighbors. There is no other way. Politicians certainly can’t help because they want a bugbear, an enemy to rail against. So in the interest of, to borrow from foreign office speak, “normalizing” relations, let’s put our Zaid Hamid in the Bigg Boss house. That should make season five some fun.

Saleem is best known for his screen persona, Begum Nawazish Ali.

Boy you write really well dear Salim., You are write better than your slutty looks and slutty talk on TV..lo..

Yes That is only the way to bring people of subcontinent together.. and I would love to see that guy  Zaid Hamid  out of Pakistan in some other country for year or two.. read it all at the link.. Also at http://www.dawn.com/2010/12/11/the-liars-collective.html  The liars collective  by Nadeem ..

Reply #97 - December 28, 2010, 02:30 PM

ZAID HAMID weeping for Pakistan to become Next President Of Pakistan INSHALLAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yw2h7YK_40

Zaid Hamid exposing enemies of Pakistan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTa8-LDcVUE

Legends Of Afghan Jihad! War Stories From a Lost Era- Zaid Hamid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbRf6vx5rJk

Reply #98 - December 28, 2010, 02:33 PM

Zaid Hamid Latest Iqbal ka islamic history by Mr Hasan nisar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRa5g3eJMbk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGr19sfcY_o

Reply #99 - December 28, 2010, 02:36 PM

Iqbal ka Pakistan view by Mr Hassan Nisar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVVfm_aOScE

• Zaid Hamid
     Reply #100 - July 01, 2015, 12:59 PM

Strange News from Land of Pure on that fool Zaid Hamid

Saudi Arabia denies consular access to Zaid Hamid

ISLAMABAD: Saudi authorities have denied a request by the Pakistan embassy for consulor access to Zaid Hamid, a self-proclaimed security analyst jailed in Saudi Arabia. In Medina, a team from Counsel General Jeddah was denied access to Zaid Hamid and was not allowed to meet the analyst.

Foreign Office spokesperson Qazi Khalilullah, responding to a question, denied knowledge of the sentence given to Zaid Hamid and said it had not been confirmed by Saudi authorities. The spokesperson further said that with the efforts of the foreign ministry, Hamid’s wife has been able to talk to him.

Diplomatic sources had said that Zaid Hamid was arrested last month for making an alleged provocative speech in Madina criticising the Saudi government.

ha! I didn't even know he was arrested in Sand Land..

• Zaid Hamid
     Reply #101 - July 01, 2015, 01:07 PM

Zaid Hamid sentenced to 8 years, 1,000 lashes in Saudi Arabia: report

Pakistani analyst and commentator Zaid Hamid has been sentenced for eight years in jail and 1,000 lashes by a Saudi court for criticising the Saudi government, according to local media reports. However, the news has not been corroborated by the Pakistani Embassy in Riyadh or the Foreign Office.

Earlier, Hamid was arrested during a private visit to the Kingdom with his wife. He was apparently taken into custody after making statements against the Saudi government.

On June 26, the Foreign Office confirmed Hamid had been arrested in Saudi Arabia.

“Our embassy in Riyadh has informed us that Mr Zaid Hamid was arrested about two weeks ago. Since then, the embassy has been working with the local authorities to get consular access,” Foreign Office spokesperson Qazi Khalilullah had told a news briefing in Islamabad.

“Due to the efforts of the embassy, his wife was able to talk to him. Again, due to the efforts of the embassy, his wife will be able to meet with him on 30 June,” he said without giving further details.

In 2013, a former aide who left Hamid’s organisation accused him of being on the payrolls of the Inter-Services Intelligence agency to wage psychological operations against those opposed to the Pakistani security establishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-KpYpdniw

There is a little doubt that fellow talks too much..   Nawaz Sheriff made a smart move..

• Zaid Hamid
     Reply #102 - July 01, 2015, 01:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR_prqD6tlA

things in Pakistan will get worse if that guy is not released from Saudi jail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sba_VwKHiWY

That guy is putting Pakistan in to real.. real trouble across Middle East..

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/saudi-arabia-pakistans-controversial-zaid-hamid-faces-1000-lashes-8-years-jail-criticising-1508767

Now I have a problem.. The news  link are putting up Raif Badawi

case and the case of that fool Zaid Hamid together

• Zaid Hamid
     Reply #103 - July 03, 2015, 05:11 AM

http://tribune.com.pk/story/912893/zaid-hamid-sentenced-to-8-years-1000-lashes-in-saudi-arabia-report/

- Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Zaid Hamid
     Reply #104 - July 03, 2015, 12:09 PM

Situationer: The Zaid Hamid enigma  writes QASIM A. MOINI  in Dawn

A GREAT deal of confusion persists about the whereabouts and condition of self-described defence and security analyst Zaid Zaman Hamid, a familiar face on Pakistani TV channels and in cyberspace. On Wednesday, media outlets here began reporting that the outspoken commentator had been sentenced to eight years in prison as well as 1,000 lashes by authorities in Saudi Arabia.

That Hamid had been in the kingdom over the past few weeks is undisputed. For example his official Facebook page had featured pictures of Hamid posing in the Grand Mosque in Makkah. However, there has been no credible confirmation of the harsh sentence allegedly meted out to him, reportedly for criticising the Saudi regime’s policies in Yemen.
    Sources in the kingdom say what can be confirmed is that Hamid was picked up from Madina around two weeks ago by Saudi authorities, who also took away his laptop. Other than that, those familiar with the workings of the Saudi justice system say it is doubtful he could be sentenced in such a short duration. Despite repeated calls to the embassy in Riyadh and consulate in Jeddah, Pakistani diplomats there also remain tight-lipped about developments surrounding Hamid’s case, while there were reports on Thursday that the Foreign Office would contact the Saudis in order to secure consular access.

Attempts to reach Hamid’s Rawalpindi-based consultancy, BrassTacks, were also not fruitful as there was no response from either the landline or mobile numbers listed on his numerous websites. However, on Thursday there was a vaguely-worded update on his Facebook page pointing to his present predicament:
    “We always knew such times will come upon us when we will be tested to our limits and also those who claim to be with us. Successful are those only who remained steadfast, patient and waited for Amr-e-Rabbi.”

It is clear, however, that if Hamid did indeed indulge in any political or religious activities (outside what the Saudi government permits) in the kingdom while on his visit there, he would have been asking for trouble. Anyone with even the faintest idea about how Saudi Arabia works will tell you that the kingdom has a zero-tolerance policy where political and religious activities are concerned. And if a resident foreigner is found to be involved in these activities, this usually means a one-way trip home. Yet those familiar with Hamid’s style know he is no stranger to courting controversy and quite vocal about both politics and religion.
    In the world of Pakistani media personalities, he is truly a strange combination, bringing together elements of Sufi-jihadi Islamism, revanchist ultra-nationalism and an unabashed pro-military stance. His fans swear by him, hanging on to his every word, while critics dismiss him as a brash conspiracy theorist. However, if social media is anything to go by, people are listening to what he has to say, no matter how controversial or politically incorrect his opinions. For example, he has 108,000 followers on his Twitter account, while Hamid’s official Facebook page has over 573,500 ‘likes’.

Most often seen sporting a red beret, Hamid is the son of an army officer and studied computer systems at Karachi’s NED University. He also claims to have fought in the Afghan Jihad; interestingly, his take on ‘jihad’ is quite close to that of Pakistan’s military establishment: while Hamid favours the Kashmir-centric jihadi outfits, he is vehemently anti-TTP, terming the banned terrorist group khawarij, a term from early Islamic history indicating those that have been ejected from the mainstream body of believers.

Hamid has appeared on various TV channels, including PTV, and it is due to his exposure on television that his profile has risen tremendously, especially amongst young Pakistanis. He is dismissive of democracy and politicians while often calls upon the military to ‘save’ Pakistan. In fact in 2013 a former employee of his alleged that he had run a campaign urging army officers to revolt.

The colourful, impolitic commentator has also been linked to Yousuf Ali, a controversial individual sentenced to death in 2000 for blasphemy for apparently claiming prophethood. Termed Yousuf Kazzab (liar) by the media, the man was killed in jail by a fellow prisoner after his conviction. However, Hamid has gone to great lengths to distance himself from Yousuf.

Hamid claims to be inspired by Allama Iqbal and has published an English translation of the great poet’s works, translated by former Balochistan governor Owais Ghani. In fact, apart from his broadcasting, activities and consultancy, Hamid appears to be a prolific writer and publisher, having authored/published tomes on his experiences of the Afghan Jihad, as well as on religious and historical topics and personalities such as ‘Ghazva-i-Hind’, Khalid bin Waleed, and Ottoman Sultan Mohammad Fateh. Yet the academic standard of his publications remains unclear.

While in this country Hamid promoted a hyper-militaristic, anti-India, revisionist religious vision for Pakistan and termed those critical of his view as “snakes” and “traitors”. However, on his Saudi sojourn he has perhaps discovered the limits of free speech. Only once the state is successful in convincing the Saudis to give it access to him will we know Hamid’s version of the events that have transpired over the past few weeks.

well that is what he writes.. although I AM NOT a supporter of that fool . but he be free to say what he said on this   SAND LAND WAR OF  SAUD KINGS  against the people of  Yemen and.. and the  terrible silence around the globe on that war..

• Zaid Hamid
     Reply #105 - July 04, 2015, 01:21 PM

Zaid Hamid's Arrest Debate: Pakistani not have any credibility and Status in Saudi Arabia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zlc09WllNE

well that lady Neelum Nawab interviewed/aired that guy on Pakistan television almost every day until he went to SAND LAND  

Neelum Nawab interviewes  with Zaid Hamid

• Zaid Hamid
     Reply #106 - July 05, 2015, 11:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLO_zm0t8vw

Mubashir Lucman On Zaid Hamid Saudi Arabia

• Zaid Hamid
     Reply #107 - July 15, 2015, 11:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhB0IFGKUgw

hmm this is interesting....

http://rava.pk/2015/07/why-zaid-hamid-arrested-in-saudi-arabia-iftikhar-kazmi-telling-2/

• Zaid Hamid
     Reply #108 - July 30, 2015, 01:44 PM

Zaid Hamid being lashed in Saudi Arabia  says INTERNAL NEWS

RIYADH: Pakistani political commentator and alleged vicegerent of Yusuf Kazzab, Zaid Hamid, has been lashed over 150 whippings till date.

Hamid was detained while on a private visit to the Kingdom with his wife. He was arrested for speech against the Saudi government and against Arabs in a public gathering.

Zaid Hamid, previously known as Zahid Hamid was alleged supporter and benefactor of Yusuf Kazzab from Lahore who claimed to be a prophet. He was sentenced to death by a lower court of Pakistan and was murdered by a man named Tariq in jail.

well  all those links says same thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9M5qSbc-Kw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJIQdRve7jM

• Zaid Hamid
     Reply #109 - July 30, 2015, 04:04 PM

Obviously its wrong to imprison and physically punish Zaid Hamid, but yet there is some poetic justice in that warmonger being subjected to the same type of punishment that he endorses. Perhaps he will now realize that his dream of a caliphate is a step in the wrong direction, and he will start endorsing humanistic principles? Doubt it though.
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »