Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Doctor Who Appreciation Society

(Read 62259 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Doctor Who Appreciation Society
     Reply #300 - December 29, 2014, 05:46 AM

If they bring back Torchwood I'm all for it.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #301 - December 29, 2014, 05:48 AM

I thought she was brilliant in Asylum of the Daleks.

I think she's bloody good most of the time. This is quite apart from the cuteness aspect which, although I find amusing, I'm quite capable of separating from other aspects. Coleman gets some really good scenes, quite often, and usually handles them well. Clara has even saved the Doctor's arse at times, so the character is hardly just a bit of decoration. I don't think it's fair to say that her only qualification is being the Doctor's greatest fan.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #302 - December 29, 2014, 06:19 AM

Yeah i agree with Allat i had high hopes for her too because i like her but she seems to have very limited facial expressions, i find her acting a bit bland plus she tends to smile in the serious scenes.  The new doc could also be brilliant but i find his character a bit weak and vulnerable for the doctor, shame as he has such dark facial expressions he could put to good use. 
     Reply #303 - December 29, 2014, 06:20 AM

Torchwood panel from this year. Bring back Torchwood!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLYDrR0grok&feature=player_embedded

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #304 - December 29, 2014, 07:08 AM

Torchwood panel from this year. Bring back Torchwood!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLYDrR0grok&feature=player_embedded

OOOOOhhhh I'm going to have to watch that tomorrow. I wish so much Torchwood would come back with either its Season 1 fun or its Season 3 seriousness.... just... something!

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #305 - December 29, 2014, 07:40 AM

Nah, not series (series, not season, silly canuckle) one. There were a few gems, and I thought some of series two was solid, but honestly series three was when it hit it's stride. Children of Earth was so amazingly brilliant. Bring back Torchwood!

Bring back Jack!

Reply #306 - February 22, 2015, 03:44 PM

I loooooooooove Doctor Who! Such a brilliant show. Made me see the universe in a different way (yes I know it is fiction xD)!

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
     Reply #307 - February 22, 2015, 07:46 PM

That's kind of what the best fiction does though, isn’t it? Afro
     Reply #308 - February 22, 2015, 08:32 PM

Yes, totally agree! Smiley Science fiction becomes science fact. Well, it already has from a nonlinear non-subjective viewpoint...

Reply #309 - February 22, 2015, 08:50 PM

Hmmm, that sounds like a big ball of wibbly wobbly… timey wimey… stuff! Tongue
     Reply #310 - February 22, 2015, 08:53 PM

That sentence did get away from you eh?  whistling2

Reply #311 - February 23, 2015, 07:49 AM

Doc Brown vs Doctor Who. Watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDj7gvc_dsA

Reply #312 - February 23, 2015, 11:27 AM

Woooow that was BRILLIANT! I love the tenth Doctor SO MUCH 001_wub He was by far my favourite incarnation.

Reply #313 - April 07, 2015, 07:48 AM

Reply #314 - June 04, 2015, 12:22 AM

Yay! The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot is finally online!

vimeo link and dailymotion link. dance

https://vimeo.com/81726249

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17u5u0_special-5-the-five-ish-doctors_travel

Reply #315 - June 04, 2015, 12:58 AM

Absolutely thrilled to discover this page. Brace yourselves, fellow Whovians  grin12

Reply #316 - June 18, 2015, 06:46 PM

Reply #317 - June 18, 2015, 07:38 PM

Reply #318 - June 18, 2015, 08:26 PM

I remember Hamza telling Krauss he tries to change reality to suit islam, or something like that.

Reply #319 - June 18, 2015, 08:45 PM

That's awesome. Totally sig-worthy. Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #320 - June 30, 2015, 08:32 PM

Just to say, I love everyone in this thread. And I'm sorry..I'm so so sorry...but I might accidentally kiss you all. <3

Reply #321 - July 01, 2015, 02:34 AM

Kiss

Reply #322 - July 01, 2015, 05:14 PM

Kiss

Reply #323 - July 02, 2015, 02:13 AM

Omfg I just realized that the doctor's wife in the series 6 episode of the same name was never Idris. It was always River. That was the moment when Idris realized she could put a part of herself in a human and decided to take part in making River Song, making herself River's third parent. That's why in "let's kill Hitler" the doctor said she was the child of the TARDIS. She is literally the child of the TARDIS. That's why he could see River in "the name of the doctor". The telepathic circuits were breaking down in future TARDIS, which allowed Clara to see stuff from an erased timeline, and he was able to see River because the TARDIS helped link them. The TARDIS is tied to River, forever, as her parent, and to the Doctor too, but to a lesser extent.

Also I now understand WTF is wrong with Moffat's brain, he clearly is bipolar and that's how he thinks up this shit, how it makes sense to him (seriously, the connections can only make sense inside a manic brain), and why he always gives up halfway thru story development (snaps back into depression between "coming up with the idea" and "filming it"). Never get better, Moffat. Never get better.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #324 - July 05, 2015, 05:58 AM

Reply #325 - July 05, 2015, 08:24 AM

Omfg I just realized that the doctor's wife in the series 6 episode of the same name was never Idris. It was always River. That was the moment when Idris realized she could put a part of herself in a human and decided to take part in making River Song, making herself River's third parent. That's why in "let's kill Hitler" the doctor said she was the child of the TARDIS. She is literally the child of the TARDIS. That's why he could see River in "the name of the doctor". The telepathic circuits were breaking down in future TARDIS, which allowed Clara to see stuff from an erased timeline, and he was able to see River because the TARDIS helped link them. The TARDIS is tied to River, forever, as her parent, and to the Doctor too, but to a lesser extent.

Also I now understand WTF is wrong with Moffat's brain, he clearly is bipolar and that's how he thinks up this shit, how it makes sense to him (seriously, the connections can only make sense inside a manic brain), and why he always gives up halfway thru story development (snaps back into depression between "coming up with the idea" and "filming it"). Never get better, Moffat. Never get better.

I swear my mind literally was blown

Reply #326 - July 05, 2015, 08:27 AM

Also why when Idris was dying, the most important thing to her was telling Rory River's identity ("the only water in the forest is the river").

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #327 - September 13, 2015, 12:01 PM

Season 9 Episode 1 Prologue clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prwk-aHd4Gg&annotation_id=5584a481-0000-2738-8ae7-94eb2c08eb00&src_vid=QqMe6pwSfIE&feature=iv

Reply #328 - November 09, 2016, 03:41 AM

Anyone been watching Class?

Reply #329 - November 09, 2016, 05:33 AM

I haven't. Should i? I've got the proxy i use to watch iPlayer bbc America subscription off at the moment.

• Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »