Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Famous Muslim to infamous Murtad

(Read 160705 times)
  • 12 3 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Famous Muslim to infamous Murtad
     OP - November 19, 2009, 11:24 AM

Hi there.

Some of you may know me as KimDonesia. I was quite a popular Muslim Youtuber and blogger. I appeared on TV in the Middle East, in magazines, on many blogs, on Turkish radio, etc. I was a role model Muslim who received praise from the majority of Muslims online, and "haram haram haram" from a lot of the stricter Muslims.

On my 18th birthday my 14-year-old dog had to be put down, which triggered a depression. I was at home all the time, and thought a lot about the Hereafter. I feared for my non-Muslim family, and was constantly praying for them to be guided to Islam so that they could be saved from eternal Jahannam (Hellfire). I even thought of making my death wish "you must convert to Islam before you all die".  Cheesy

One night, I had a long conversation with my mother and told her my worries. I explained to her that my perception of God was not the God in the Qur'an who constantly talked about punishment of Hell for the disbelievers... Seriously, that's what it's like. All throughout, it's basically "the disbelievers will go to Hell forever, and God is most Merciful, most Forgiving". I realized that I was only a Muslim out of fear of Hellfire, and being brainwashed.

So yes, I left Islam. I kept it all very private for a week because I was scared about the reactions of my online Muslim friends. I told some that I knew in real life, and they completely deserted me. "Kim, I can't be your friend anymore because you have insulted Islam."

What the fudge? So now, leaving a religion means that you're insulting it?

I "came out" on Youtube... In a video. And things went downhill with the Muslim community online. Most were in shock, some suspected that I was always a top secret spy who faked a conversion just to hurt Islam (*scoff* Yeah, right.), some wrote blog posts and articles about it, some were supportive as it's my decision, and MANY started calling me a cock sucking whore... Oh, and I wasn't that surprised when some started to give me death threats.  Afro

It went from famous Muslim, to infamous Murtad. It's amazing, and hypocritical, how people's perceptions of somebody can change based on religion/beliefs. I deleted my Youtube account again, as I fear for my safety. I have received multiple death threats, and I just don't want to put up with that shit anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still respect Muslims. Islam was a big part of my life for quite a while. I simply disagree with Islam, for if there is a God (yup, 100% Agnostic now), He/She/It would not be so desperate for worship. People say "you need God, He doesn't need you". Doesn't seem like it.

I'm so happy with my decision. I feel free... I can wear what I what, I can drink again (I missed intoxication), and I can live my life without worrying what foot I enter the bathroom with and whether I have prayed yet.

It's funny that Muslims talk about Islam being a religion of peace when trying to bring people to Islam, but threaten to kill somebody who leaves Islam. *sigh* Gotta love double standards...

"But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads; Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron." [Qur'an (22:19-21)]
  • Re: Famous Muslim to infamous Murtad
     Reply #1 - November 19, 2009, 11:31 AM

far away hug

Sorry you have to put up with so much shit. That's why I'm in the closet still, I don't want to deal with all the fall out shit. I respect your audacious honesty. Afro

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #2 - November 19, 2009, 11:42 AM

Welcome!
     Reply #3 - November 19, 2009, 11:49 AM

Some seriously disturbed people commenting on your You Tube channel.   wacko

Welcome again.   parrot

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #4 - November 19, 2009, 11:51 AM

Well we all know that Islam does not mean peace, but submission. So since it is literally a religion of submission the grumpy demeanours are to be expected I suppose. Wink

Anyway I would think you are not in a lot of danger in Australia. Not that many Muslims here and most of them are pretty laid back. As long as your full name and location don't become public I wouldn't think you would get hassled much offline. I understand that this must be a right bastard for you though. It will pass.  Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #5 - November 19, 2009, 11:53 AM

Welcome aboard Kim,

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #6 - November 19, 2009, 12:26 PM

Kim what attracted to you to Islam in the first place if I may ask?

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #7 - November 19, 2009, 12:28 PM

I was living in Indonesia and learned about Islam from Muslim friends there (keep in mind that Indonesia is a very secular country). I started to believe in it, converted, and yeah. Well here I am now.

"But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads; Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron." [Qur'an (22:19-21)]
     Reply #8 - November 19, 2009, 12:32 PM

I was living in Indonesia and learned about Islam from Muslim friends there (keep in mind that Indonesia is a very secular country). I started to believe in it, converted, and yeah. Well here I am now.

Yeah granted, but what was it in Islam that appealed to you, when you first were exposed to it? 

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

Reply #9 - November 19, 2009, 12:37 PM

Well I thought it was peaceful and it made a lot of sense to me at the time.

Reply #10 - November 19, 2009, 12:43 PM

Well I thought it was peaceful and it made a lot of sense to me at the time.

I see, was there anything about it that particularly captured your mind? You know... Some aspect or another..

I hope you don't mind my asking...

Reply #11 - November 19, 2009, 12:46 PM

Oh, and I wasn't that surprised when some started to give me death threats.  Afro

..It's funny that Muslims talk about Islam being a religion of peace when trying to bring people to Islam, but threaten to kill somebody who leaves Islam. *sigh* Gotta love double standards...

Its a way of cutting out dissenters, so everyone thinks that Islam is perfect.  Thats why your videos are still important, particularly when there are a lot of girls in a similar predicament to you.  Sadly the fanatics will always win with their threats of violence.  Its no wonder Islam spread to all corners of the globe.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #12 - November 19, 2009, 12:52 PM

I see, was there anything about it that particularly captured your mind? You know... Some aspect or another..

I'd probably say the same thing that attracts westerners to eastern religions - 'romanticisation of the other'. The appearance of 'the other' being peaceful and in harmony, and then wanting some of what they have, aka 'the noble savage'.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #13 - November 19, 2009, 12:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvT1lPlHLX4&feature=related

Can't help noticing the similarity

Reply #14 - November 19, 2009, 12:58 PM

I'd probably say the same thing that attracts westerners to eastern religions - 'romanticisation of the other'. The appearance of 'the other' being peaceful and in harmony, and then wanting some of what they have, aka 'the noble savage'.

Spot-on analysis kaiwai.  I came to Islam in much the same way as Kim did by exposure through Muslim friends and having grown up in a Western, non-religious environment I felt a sense of needing to belong and to have a concrete set of beliefs on which to rely in order to find inner peace.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #15 - November 19, 2009, 01:28 PM

Just how it's strongly monotheistic - I thought it'd bring me closer to God. I was wrong. Sigh.

Reply #16 - November 19, 2009, 01:35 PM

Yes, that too.  Afro

Reply #17 - November 19, 2009, 01:36 PM

Did you ever get a 'spiritual moment' - to what lengths did you take islam & your belief e.g. did you ever use perfume with alcohol in it?

Did you ever get criticised fo owning dogs by muslims - if so what did you say?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #18 - November 19, 2009, 01:40 PM

Welcome to our humble abode ExKimDonesia,

You might remember me from yesterday, as I commented a few times on your channel. Hope you'll stay here a little while. You'll get all the moral support you want from us. Smiley

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #19 - November 19, 2009, 01:49 PM

Did you ever get a 'spiritual moment' - to what lengths did you take islam & your belief e.g. did you ever use perfume with alcohol in it?

Did you ever get criticised fo owning dogs by muslims - if so what did you say?

Well, I did wear perfume with alcohol in it as some scholars say that it's ok if it's only used externally... But I didn't eat anything with gelatine in it (marshmallows) or enzymes (some cheeses).

And yes, I got criticized for dogs... I accepted that it was forbidden in Islam, but kept them anyway.

Reply #20 - November 19, 2009, 01:54 PM

Have you eaten your first sausage yet, or had your first drop of alcohol  Wink-  did you feel guilty?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - November 19, 2009, 01:57 PM

I had part of a sausage roll but didn't feel that hungry... I'm still turned off by pig substances because it just looks so unappetizing for me. And I got sloppy drunk by myself a few nights ago on Mum's wine and shots of rum (I know right, who the hell has shots of rum - but I was DESPERATE for a sloppy fix)... I didn't feel guilty, to be honest. It felt good. Liberating.

Reply #22 - November 19, 2009, 02:16 PM

Just how it's strongly monotheistic - I thought it'd bring me closer to God. I was wrong. Sigh.

Monotheistic in as much as you only worship allah, muhammad, koran, kaaba + couple other select icons depending on flavor. Which is a lot less icons than most other religions.

I am curious which verses, sayings, hadith did you like. It is one of my specialties to offer word-for-word explanations which tend to have the least amount of 'interpretation'. Should be interesting for you to see what the verses really say in their original Arabic.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #23 - November 19, 2009, 02:25 PM

Yes, that too.  Afro

Regarding your desire for monotheism - one could always be a 'freelance monotheist' like Karen Amstrong or in my case I am a deist which is monotheistic.  I've found that mixing deism, Buddhism and existentialism together produces something that gives my life meaning but without the constrictive nature of organised religion.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #24 - November 19, 2009, 02:27 PM

Hi Kim

Being in the public sphere, are you able to defend your unbelief philosophically if it ever came to it? Not that you need to do that here. But muslims are extremely keen on wanting to know some complex argument for leaving islam. They don't demand a philosophical justification to become muslim because it's "kitaab-mubeen".  Afro
     Reply #25 - November 19, 2009, 02:37 PM

As a muslim, which bits of Islam did you ideologically struggle with the most - for me its racism towards Jews, and the 'why?' questions about an Abrahmic God

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #26 - November 19, 2009, 02:45 PM

Welcome  Smiley
     Reply #27 - November 19, 2009, 02:57 PM

Just read the article from the link on your facebook account

http://www.quranclub.net/2009/11/cleaning-up-kimdonesias-mess.html

particularly this bit:

Cleaning up KimDonesia's mess

by The Soul Of A Rose on Wednesday, November 18, 2009
    Photo source.As Salamu Alaykoum dear brothers and sisters!

What is going on?
    Two YouTube users, KimDonesia and TheVintageGoth, left Islam. We don't know much about TheVintageGoth, so here we'll talk about Kim.

This incident wouldn't be worth writing about if it wasn't for its potential to create fitnah and confusion.

About KimDonesia
    KimDonesia produced a lot of loose Islamic material, built a large audience around her looks, and then all of a sudden dropped Islam.

She was advised by many, whilst she was a 'Muslim', not to put up videos that attract the male audience to her physical assets. We did our best to advise her about her un-Islamic behavior, yet she responded with rude and offensive comments.

Why did she exactly convert to Islam?
    It is not clear, but we know that she didn't know much about the religion. Our guess is that:

?She either converted for personal reasons (to please someone or a group of people).
    ?Or all of this was a set up to harm Islam. The Quran mentions this old trick.

Cheesy

Its a shame that you only get to see the true colours of these people after leaving islam, if you seen it before you might have bolted earlier.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #28 - November 19, 2009, 02:58 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #29 - November 19, 2009, 03:32 PM

Hi there, it is one of the reasons why I closed my youtube account due to death threats anyway welcome to the forum, i hope you stick around
  • 12 3 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »