Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Gaza assault
Yesterday at 03:37 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 03:04 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 17, 2024, 08:33 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 17, 2024, 06:13 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 16, 2024, 02:05 PM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Zakir Naik has managed to infiltrate the BBC!

(Read 11340 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Zakir Naik has managed to infiltrate the BBC!
     OP - October 01, 2009, 06:31 PM

Looks like the BBC Asiannetwork decided to team up with Zakir Naik during Ramadan for... Dr Zakir Naik Ramadan Reflections 2009

http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/festivals/ramadan/reflections.shtml

Because Zakir Naik is loved by so many gullible Muslims, I think the BBC must've received a lot of recommendations for him.  Do the BBC realise that he condones the death penalty for apostates?

One a side note, I just discovered another speech in which Zakir Naik practically condones murder.  He's discussing the various ways that Muslims should deal with people who defame Islam.  For example the Danish Cartoonist.

Listen from 2:00mins onwards.

He says that Muslims shouldn't catch an innocent person and threaten to kill him, because this is against Islam.  BUT if you catch the person who DID commit the "crime" of defaming Islam, then....  whistling2  *He says this at 3:15mins*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQDfzgaCt9g

• Re: Zakir Naik has managed to infiltrate the BBC!
     Reply #1 - October 01, 2009, 08:24 PM

i don't understand his english :S

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #2 - October 02, 2009, 07:29 AM

sum piple undustan hes englesh Cheesy

Reply #3 - October 02, 2009, 07:34 AM

Looks like the BBC Asiannetwork decided to team up with Zakir Naik during Ramadan for... Dr Zakir Naik Ramadan Reflections 2009

http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/festivals/ramadan/reflections.shtml

Because Zakir Naik is loved by so many gullible Muslims, I think the BBC must've received a lot of recommendations for him.  Do the BBC realise that he condones the death penalty for apostates?

One a side note, I just discovered another speech in which Zakir Naik practically condones murder.  He's discussing the various ways that Muslims should deal with people who defame Islam.  For example the Danish Cartoonist.

Listen from 2:00mins onwards.

He says that Muslims shouldn't catch an innocent person and threaten to kill him, because this is against Islam.  BUT if you catch the person who DID commit the "crime" of defaming Islam, then....  whistling2  *He says this at 3:15mins*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQDfzgaCt9g

I'll join you if you want to write a complaint - they are indirectly giving someone prominence who wants to see my head on the floor!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - October 02, 2009, 08:19 AM

The guy needs to get himself a decent tailor. Non of his clothes seem to fit right. His shirt collar looks like a hula-hoop. He's got that pathetic pants above the ankle thing going on as well, which looks awful in whatever time and place.
     Reply #5 - October 02, 2009, 08:26 AM

His suits are clearly not bespoke, because there is nothing better than a bespoke suit and his suits are shit.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #6 - October 02, 2009, 08:54 AM

He should shave off that scruffy pubic hair on his face as well...

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #7 - October 02, 2009, 09:11 AM

He should shave off that scruffy pubic hair on his face as well...

Its not his fault that he's a nob-head

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - October 02, 2009, 10:13 AM

It's great to see the BBC continuing its long tradition of providing a launchpad for groundbreaking new comedy acts!

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #9 - October 02, 2009, 08:05 PM

I just found this video of Zakir Naik trying to justify the wife-beating verse.  He's getting stupider and stupider by the minute...  Roll Eyes

The analogy about the son jumping out the building was a typically stupid Zakir-analogy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNIPbfck3ws

Reply #10 - October 03, 2009, 08:38 PM

He is comical to look at and listen to, but that image hides a deeply reactionary and enclosed mind. That he was chosen as a mainstream voice to speak to British Muslims is depressing. One of the lectures on that page is 'A message to non Muslims'. I wonder what that will be.

Here is a recent article that is worth your time, by the journalist and writer Sadanand Dhume. If only those ostriches at the BBC had read it.

++++++++

'The moderate Dr. Zakir Naik?

Buried in a New York Times story about the alleged Afghan-American terrorist Najibullah Zazi is an intriguing detail about his online viewing habits. Apparently Mr. Zazi is a fan of the well-known Mumbai-based preacher and televangelist Dr. Zakir Naik.

Friends said that Najib later came to love videos on YouTube that featured Zakir Naik, a physician in India and a prominent speaker on Islam. Dr. Naik has been a controversial figure among Muslims and has been criticized for endorsing polygamy and Islamic criminal law, wherein the hands of a thief are chopped off, calling it ?the most practical.?

To Mr. Zazi, ?he was his inspiration,? his friend Mr. Zaraei said. ?He just loved him.?

Dr. Naik, a doctor by training, has used a gentle demeanor and a prodigious memory for scripture to earn himself a global following. Muslims around the world watch his sermons on Peace TV. A search for his name on Youtube throws up nearly 24,000 hits; on Google it?s more than half a million.  For me, though, he?s most interesting as someone who cuts to the heart of the ongoing debate about moderate versus radical Islam.

On the face of it, the good doctor appears reasonable enough. He wears a suit and tie and preaches in English. His speech can be impassioned at times, but it?s rarely shrill. He quotes from the Bible and Bhagavad Gita as fluently as from the Koran and the hadith. Confronted by this apparent ecumenicism, even a hard boiled journalist like Shekhar Gupta of the Indian Express can sound like a gushy schoolgirl. Mr. Gupta calls Dr. Naik a ?rock star of televangelism? who teaches ?modern Islam? and ?his own interpretation of all the faiths around the world.?

But how modern or ecumenical is Dr. Naik? He supports the death penalty for apostasy from Islam. He defends the Saudi ban on the propagation of other faiths in the kingdom on the grounds that their falseness is self-evident. (He likens it to preventing a math teacher from telling children that 2+2=3, or that 2+2=6.) He recommends a severe form of hijab?in which a woman reveal only her face and hands?as a preventative against molestation and rape. Polygamy will apparently solve the Western ?problem? of ?the surplus of women.? According to Dr. Naik, Jews ?control America? and are the ?strongest in enmity to Muslims.?

In short, take away the suit and replace the English with Arabic or Urdu and Dr. Naik would not be out of place in the most benighted part of Saudi Arabia, Sudan or Pakistan. The packaging, and the medium, merely make it easier for him to get his message across to the likes of Mr. Zazi.

http://trueslant.com/sadananddhume/2009/09/26/is-zakir-naik-a-moderate-muslim/

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #11 - October 03, 2009, 10:08 PM

Create another petition fast..

"God is a geometer" - Plato

"God is addicted to arithmetic" - Sir James Jeans
     Reply #12 - October 04, 2009, 03:05 AM

Another example of liberalism unable to defend itself. Where is the petition, I want to sign up quick. Is it time consuming to make a complaint??
     Reply #13 - October 04, 2009, 04:47 AM

Its a shame that the BBC would allow a ,who given the opportunity to exercise his beliefs, would eradicate those very rights from those giving it to him.

Here are some of his actual statements:

People in the west eat pork and hence behave like pigs. Pigs are the only animals in the world that invite their friends to have sex with their partners. Westerners also do the same.

Muslims should not work in banks as giving/ accepting interest is haraam in Islam.

Muslim girls can become gynecologists so that they will deal only with women but they should not take up other specialties as that will bring them into contact with men.

In the Holy Quran (3:85), it is mentioned that God will never accept any religion other than Islam. As far as the second question, regarding building of churches or temples is concerned, how can we allow this when their religion is wrong and when their worshipping is wrong? Therefore, we will not allow such wrong things in our Islamic country.

In religious matters only we know for sure that we Muslims are right. They (non-Muslims) are not sure. Thus, in our country we can?t allow preaching other religions because we know for sure that only Islam is the right religion. However, if a non-Muslim likes to practise his religion in an Islamic country, he can do so inside his home ? but he can?t propagate his religion. It is exactly as if a teacher thinks in his mind that 2 plus 2 equals 3. He has the right to do so, but we can never allow such a person to teach this to our children.

Who is coming up with the petition?

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #14 - October 04, 2009, 05:28 AM

In the Holy Quran (3:85), it is mentioned that God will never accept any religion other than Islam. As far as the second question, regarding building of churches or temples is concerned, how can we allow this when their religion is wrong and when their worshipping is wrong? Therefore, we will not allow such wrong things in our Islamic country.

If thats the case, then shall the UK government ban his shows being broadcast here, as we too believe its wrong?  Should we demolish the mosques while we are at it too?  As you expect others to be tolerant of your religion, then you should be tolerant of others peoples beliefs too, Zakir Nalaik  finmad

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - October 04, 2009, 05:51 AM

Zakir Nalaik

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro
     Reply #16 - October 04, 2009, 06:02 AM

Who is coming up with the petition?

Who will bell the cat?  grin12

Make sure that some of A.Ghazali's quotes of Zakir Naik are in the petition to BBC.

What does Nalaik mean?

Reply #17 - October 04, 2009, 06:05 AM

Who will bell the cat?  grin12

Make sure that some of A.Ghazali's quotes of Zakir Naik are in the petition to BBC.

What does Nalaik mean?

It means unintelligent or stupid.
     Reply #18 - October 04, 2009, 06:20 AM

It means a 'good for nothing'

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - October 04, 2009, 07:45 AM

Complain to BBC:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

Just done one, and referenced this thread. Hope they get the message.

Would be ironic if in the future there are charges pressed against this chap and reported in the BBC News page, and then in the 'Related Pages' section a link to '1-on-1 interview with Dr Zakir Naik'.
     Reply #20 - October 04, 2009, 07:54 AM

Thanks for the link, Ive complained too Afro Hopefully we can destroy his career on mainstream channels if he wants to spread hate & intolerance

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - October 04, 2009, 08:13 AM

Just a point. Isn't it also good to have something on petitiononline? We can get so many atheists to sign, even if apostates are afraid for their anonymity.

The BBC could very well ignore complaints posted to its website, while the petition would remain as a proof to the general public too.

Reply #22 - October 04, 2009, 08:23 AM

Go for it!  I'd be happy to sign it.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - October 04, 2009, 08:39 AM

I'll join you if you want to write a complaint - they are indirectly giving someone prominence who wants to see my head on the floor!

I just made a complain to the BBC. I mentioned that though he did not say this on the BBC but he is a person who sees no problem killing a cartoonist, who drew Muhammad's cartoons. He should be banned from BBC.

Here is the link to make a complaint

fuck, it's not letting me add the link. pls add dots

www bbc co uk/complaints/forms/
     Reply #24 - October 04, 2009, 08:52 AM

I didn't know that the proponent of big bang was a Catholic priest.

Is it true that before the big bang, nothing existed? no matter, no energy?

Reply #25 - October 04, 2009, 09:23 AM

I think so, but I prefer the theory that energy has always been around.  Otherwise it throws out the law of conservation of energy.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #26 - October 04, 2009, 10:29 AM

Oops I think, I posted on the wrong thread!

Reply #27 - October 04, 2009, 02:46 PM

Isn't naik a dirty word in Arabic?  It can be used to refer to fucking or to imply that something or someone is a retard.  

Naika taiba...

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #28 - October 07, 2009, 02:42 PM

Reply from the BBC:

Dear BBC Listener

Thanks for your e-mail regarding Zakir Naik.

I understand that you feel that Dr Naik isn't an appropriate contributor to our Asian Network.

The range of tastes and opinions held by our audience is so diverse that it's inevitable some listeners will dislike or disapprove of certain contributors. It's a very rare TV or radio personality who meets with everyone's approval, and it's clear that opinions on individual people can vary considerably.

Programme contributors are appointed on the basis of their experience and talent, but judgements are often subjective and we would never expect everyone to agree with every choice we make.

I appreciate you have strong feelings with regards to this subject and I can assure you that your complaint has been registered on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us with your feedback.

Regards

(Name removed)
    BBC Complaints

Hmmm ....
     Reply #29 - October 08, 2009, 11:28 AM

Can someone translate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wfREFRPWcc
    "Zakir Naik declared Kafir by Ahle-Sunnat‏ FATWA"
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »