Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslims converting to Christianity

(Read 4136 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muslims converting to Christianity
     OP - September 14, 2009, 10:19 PM

I started noticing a lot of Muslims converting to Christianity, a lot of them are ages ago but I just started noticing. I'm could biased here, but isn't a person supposed to easily spot fallacies of other religions once he had opened his mind to see the fallacies of his. I've never really read the Bible myself, but even Christians themselves are finding huge errors and parts that doesn't make any sense/ridiculous.

Also a video Hassan made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2T-e-gOVR8
    As well as many other videos you'll find by a simple (negative) YouTube search about Christianity. Also a lot of Christians are converting to Atheism/Agnosticism because there's no kill the apostate crap in Christianity.

It's true that most Christians these days don't give a rat's ass about what the Bible says, and the Churches are crying for attendants(not ALWAYS true), they are just cultural Christians. But that doesn't make it sensible for a Muslim to convert to Christianity. I mean it's like they're jumping from their apartment which is at the 20th floor because it was burning, instead of using the fire exit.

Sorry for the rant, and sorry if I offended any Christian/Muslim-Christian convert here(haven't seen any so far but just in case)
    But I was really pissed, and wanted to hear your opinions on this.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this also happens the other way around, as in Christians converting into Islam, and it is just as pathetic. I just don't see how one can come to a conclusion that his religion is false without being able to spot the not-so-different bull**** in the religion he is converting to. It's like they're converting because 'it sounds better' without actually researching it.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #1 - April 23, 2015, 07:36 PM

I am surprised to know that there is no christian here who were ex muslim? why? Huge numbers of ex muslim are christians
     Reply #2 - April 23, 2015, 07:45 PM

There have been but are no longer active on the forum.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - April 23, 2015, 08:21 PM

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, heavenlysea - I can see the link to the video Infidel posted is not working - so here is another link to that very same video.

Afro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIZ626oJLWI

Reply #4 - April 23, 2015, 08:52 PM

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, heavenlysea - I can see the link to the video Infidel posted is not working - so here is another link to that very same video.

you welcome

I see...its interesting video..I didn't know about those verses in bible..though christian claim at least its metaphorical..not so literal like in islam

any way, chrsitians here left this forum because vast majority are athiests?

just curious for the reason

I think it could be better for forum policy to include all ex-muslim regardless of background or beliefes..at the end, there is a lots of same issues that faced by all ex muslims
     Reply #5 - April 23, 2015, 09:01 PM

.though christian claim at least its metaphorical..

Yes, non-virgins should be metaphorically stoned with "strong words".

not so literal like in islam

Lots of Muslims use the metaphorical excuse too.

chrsitians here left this forum because vast majority are athiests?

just curious for the reason

Many of the right-wing neocon type of Christians who have come on here are keen to criticise, mock and pull apart Islam, but don't like it when their own faith is criticised, mocked and pulled apart.

So I guess they don't stick around.
     Reply #6 - April 23, 2015, 09:03 PM

CEMB does include all ex-muslim regardless of background or beliefs provided they abide my the forum rules. As most here have left religion behind, I think a lot of them prefer islam-to-Christ sites.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #7 - April 23, 2015, 09:35 PM

Yes, non-virgins should be metaphorically stoned with "strong words".

Lots of Muslims use the metaphorical excuse too.

Many of the right-wing neocon type of Christians who have come on here are keen to criticise, mock and pull apart Islam, but don't like it when their own faith is criticised, mocked and pulled apart.

So I guess they don't stick around.

what if atheism pulled..criticized and mocked...would it be accepted?

CEMB does include all ex-muslim regardless of background or beliefs provided they abide my the forum rules. As most here have left religion behind, I think a lot of them prefer islam-to-Christ sites.

good
     Reply #8 - April 23, 2015, 09:37 PM

Yes. What isn't accepted is personal attacks on members,

Reply #9 - April 23, 2015, 09:49 PM

Heavenlyhouri  Oops sorry  that is Zin at work.  .,,   HeavenlySea  take a shot at it....  i would love to laugh at rascals...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #10 - April 23, 2015, 09:53 PM

lol... of course - please feel free  Afro
     Reply #11 - April 23, 2015, 09:56 PM

And please also feel free to criticise Agnosticism, Deism, Humanism... Hinduism, Sikhism, Pantheism, Scientology, 7th Day Adventists, Flying Spaghetti Monster and The Jedi Knights - and any other belief or ideology you like!  Afro
     Reply #12 - April 23, 2015, 09:57 PM

Nothing is sacred - apart from perhaps human life.
     Reply #13 - April 23, 2015, 10:01 PM

Nothing is sacred - apart from perhaps human life.

you bloody human animals....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITp5kCDSHY0

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #14 - April 23, 2015, 11:32 PM

cool  Wink

Thanks all replay
     Reply #15 - April 25, 2015, 02:53 AM

I wonder how much of Muslims have converted to Christianity. I figured the top one would be agonist or atheist.
     Reply #16 - April 25, 2015, 12:54 PM

I wonder ho wmuch of muslims have converted to Christianity. I figured the top one would be agonist or atheist .

I was wondering the same....is Ex-muslim christians is the biggest number or ex-muslims athiest? or ex-muslims agnostic?
    or even there is ex-muslim who have no religion but believe in god...there is a lot also like that...it hard to know, since no body really knows the number of ex-muslims
     Reply #17 - April 25, 2015, 04:11 PM

While it's true that some muslims do convert to christianity, or buddism, or hinduism, or another religion, I would make a guess most would leave religion behind. It's usually very easy to see the bullshit in religions other than your own. Once you see the bullshit in your own religion also, it must be difficult to be convinced of another which you already had reasons for seeing as not true.

Most people don't convert. I think it's around 1-3% who convert to another religion from their original, maybe as high as 5%. I can't see this being higher than those who leave religion behind. Just my opinion though.

Reply #18 - April 25, 2015, 08:37 PM

While it's true that some muslims do convert to christianity, or buddism, or hinduism, or another religion, I would make a guess most would leave religion behind. It's usually very easy to see the bullshit in religions other than your own. Once you see the bullshit in your own religion also, it must be difficult to be convinced of another which you already had reasons for seeing as not true.

Most people don't convert. I think it's around 1-3% who convert to another religion from their original, maybe as high as 5%. I can't see this being higher than those who leave religion behind. Just my opinion though.

hmm..its hard to tell, I am not sure, but in africa there is a lots of ex-muslims christian..I think majority there are christian

also some who have become without religion, still believe in god or whatever, not all of them fall to atheists category
     Reply #19 - April 25, 2015, 08:44 PM

True.

Reply #20 - April 25, 2015, 09:51 PM

I wonder how many people in the whole '100%  or 99% Muslim countries are not even Muslims. I would actually say even say about 75 % or less are Muslims 
     Reply #21 - April 26, 2015, 03:07 PM

By what definition?

Reply #22 - April 29, 2015, 04:56 AM

What I mean is since they can't truly say they left the islam religion they say they are Islamic. I'm just wondering if there would even be more accurate poll
     Reply #23 - April 29, 2015, 05:04 AM

You're assuming they don't consider themselves muslims though. Fundamentalists aren't the only ones who can label themselves muslim.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »