Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Rape in Islam again...jumping through hoops.

(Read 3903 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Rape in Islam again...jumping through hoops.
     OP - August 29, 2009, 11:35 AM

You gotta love how people jump through hoops in order to convince people that rape is not allowed in Islam. Whenever ten different people give you ten different answers to something, it usually means no ruling can be found in the Quran. Allah hates fornication and adultery to the point of extreme physical punishment, but rape? Nope, no problem with that, which is why people have to resort to the oh-so-reliable hadith to condemn something one would think the almighty Allah would regard as a much more heinous crime than two consenting adults having sex.
    But, hey, what do I know? Allah knows best. Afro

The prominent Muslim scholar and da`iyah based in London Zienab Mostafa, states the following:

Intimate relations are based on mutual feelings between the husband and wife. We learn from the example of Prophet Muhammad that he was the best to his wives, and he never forced them to satisfy his sexual desire. Rather, he criticized those who immediately jump into sexual intercourse without introductions that enhance the feelings between the husband and wife.
    Of course if the husband insists on sleeping with his wife by force, it would not be considered rape since this is a right granted to him but it is also not in accordance with Islamic teachings.  

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1232171639424

Rape here is simply reduced to something "not in accordance with Islamic teachings".

Important Things to Be Considered When Having Intimate Relations:

Intercourse should be preceded by kind words, playfulness and kisses. Almighty Allah says: "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how you will; but do some good act for your souls beforehand; and fear Allah." (2:223) Most of the interpreters of the Qu?ran say that the [good act] refers to the importance of foreplay in increasing interest and making the matter easier.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503548012&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaEAskTheScholar

Wow. Foreplay? Are you serious? So you can have sex with your wife whenever you want to, whether or not she wants to, but make sure there's foreplay first because foreplay makes rape OK Afro. And what the fuck does "making the matter easier" mean? So she'll struggle less?!

On Reading Islam the following is the answer to a muslimah who asks if raped women are punished.

Yes, sister, raped women are not punished in Islam. What punishment? This is like saying that a person robbed of his property should be punished.

It is a fact that, to be absolved from guilt, the raped woman must have shown some sort of good conduct, in the sense that what befell her must be something beyond her control. This is where Islam excels....

For a rape victim to be absolved from guilt, she must not be the one that opens her house for robbery and her dignity for deflowering. If, after trying her best to resist the attack, she gets overcome by the assailants, she is totally absolved from punishment.

Thus, many Muslim scholars, led by Sheikh Al-Qaradawi, have maintained that young Muslim men should hasten to marry women who fall as rape victims, so as to reduce their suffering and console them, to compensate them for the loss of the most precious thing that they possess. This reflects mutual love, rapport and altruism that prevail in the Muslim society.

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1123996015456&pagename=IslamOnline-English-AAbout_Islam/AskAboutIslamE/AskAboutIslamE

"For a rape victim to be absolved from guilt!?" What kind of immoral monster applies any notion of guilt to someone who has been raped?! finmad This is not too far a cry from laws in Saudi and Iran that blame the women for being raped. Then again, they're the same since they all seem to believe raped women must've been walkin around in booty shorts in the middle of the night. Rape is about -->power<-- not scantily clad women. But this law is simply a reflection of Allah's poor understanding of the matter, since believing women are to draw their veils over their breasts so as not be molested or whatever.
    And loss of the most precious thing they possess- what is that- their chastity, honor, virginity? Is she then worthless without these? and how does getting married get rid of the pain of being raped exactly? This, if anything, prove that a woman is defined by the Quran in terms of her vagina.

Sorry for making this so long, but this is really the straw that breaks the camel`s back for me, and what makes it easiest to break away from Islam.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
  • Re: Rape in Islam again...jumping through hoops.
     Reply #1 - August 29, 2009, 09:29 PM

In "degenerate Western society" a woman walking around in booty shorts in the middle of the night is likely to get a reaction of "Hmm, nice booty" and nothing more from 99% of men.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - August 29, 2009, 10:07 PM

Rape in Islam - this in an issue I have studied in great deal because it was the final straw for me. I have had numerous discussions with a wide range of Muslims about this topic and no one has been able to provide an explanation. The fact is not does Islam only allow rape, But Mo positively encouraged it in war situations. Always funny watching Muslims try though.

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #3 - August 29, 2009, 11:06 PM

Rape in Islam - this in an issue I have studied in great deal because it was the final straw for me. I have had numerous discussions with a wide range of Muslims about this topic and no one has been able to provide an explanation. The fact is not does Islam only allow rape, But Mo positively encouraged it in war situations. Always funny watching Muslims try though.

Which scholars did you approach about this issue out of interest?
     Reply #4 - September 06, 2009, 08:07 PM

So sick ugh I hate these barbarians...

Closets after closets
     Reply #5 - September 06, 2009, 10:57 PM

Great observations, Angel54!   Afro

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »