Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Buddhism

(Read 26893 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Buddhism
     Reply #150 - September 15, 2014, 09:15 AM

[quote
    ]Oh i'm glad this thread is here i will read it all later, ive always been interested in budhism but never got to study it due to laziness, was interested in karma and why good and bad things happen to people, [/quote]
    for example in the space of a few days my shower, washing machine, clothes dryer and toilet have all given up on life , why do things happen in clusters, well they do for me anyway,  it is a mystery Huh?  

A simple analysis will tell you that there is no mystery in washing machine, clothes dryer breaking down at the same time..  you probably brought both of them together and those rubber belts that turn the motors usually go at the same time ... if all are giving up at the same time means you have never looked behind all these utilities and what makes them work..  Off course then there is Murphy's  law..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Buddhism
     Reply #151 - September 15, 2014, 09:30 AM

my shower and toilet have died too :(  my house is upside down and very whiffy, ahhhhh well enough about my dramas lol  : )   im just figurin out the probability of some random millionaire hunk turnin up at my door right now lol   xxx
  • Buddhism
     Reply #152 - September 15, 2014, 11:41 AM

my shower and toilet have died too :(  my house is upside down and very whiffy, ahhhhh well enough about my dramas lol  : )   im just figurin out the probability of some random millionaire hunk turnin up at my door right now lol   xxx

suki the probability of a person  becoming self millionaire  is far higher than random millionaire  turning up at  front of the door.  lol... but one need not be millionaire to look after appliances, hot water  in a house,,   

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Buddhism
     Reply #153 - September 15, 2014, 08:22 PM

missed this, well appliances are only built to last for a few years anyway, so the probability is if bought new they will all break down around the same time : )  dunno how old mine are my sis gave to me : )  just was odd that evrything happend at once, so now im washing clothes by hand like in the cave man days lol  :/

x

Is that easy to do? I currently have no washing machine and am desperately saving for a new one.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Buddhism
     Reply #154 - September 16, 2014, 03:20 AM

I've done it many times between buying machines, theres no laundrette near me and i hate asking other people to use their machine so i've got no choice but yes it is quite easy to wash by hand, trick is to let them soak for ages, does most of the work for you, you'd need a scrubbing brush and strong hands lol to squeeze the water out, it's just the bath towels and bedding that is difficult to clean so i do end up taking them to my moms, and try wringing out a pair of jeans you end up with no skin left on your hands lol, you forget the luxury of having all this technology when it goes  : )  x
  • Buddhism
     Reply #155 - September 16, 2014, 03:30 AM

So what, hot water, washing up liquid, leave them in that and then just squeeze them? Does that actually work well?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Buddhism
     Reply #156 - September 16, 2014, 03:57 AM

Hot water, dont use washing powder it takes ages to wash out and can stain the clothes white, use the liquid one, leave to soak for ages, then scrub off dirt with brush and just generally rinse and squeeze the clothes several times until water runs clear, all a washing machine does really is chuck them around the machine lol then twist them to get as much water out as possible, drying them is the hard bit, if youve got a dryer it would be better but as they are a bit wetter than they would be in a machine they may not dry properly, i'll be strarting mine tommorowww :(  cant afford a machine for a few weeks, i may give up and just buy a second hand delapedated one lol.  x
  • Buddhism
     Reply #157 - September 16, 2014, 04:45 AM

Some small second hand ones on ebay for like £20 if you can collect it. Hmm, I wonder if it's hard to install a washing machine yourself...

• Buddhism
     Reply #158 - September 16, 2014, 08:40 AM

Hot water, dont use washing powder it takes ages to wash out and can stain the clothes white, use the liquid one, leave to soak for ages, then scrub off dirt with brush and just generally rinse and squeeze the clothes several times until water runs clear, all a washing machine does really is chuck them around the machine lol then twist them to get as much water out as possible, drying them is the hard bit, if youve got a dryer it would be better but as they are a bit wetter than they would be in a machine they may not dry properly, i'll be strarting mine tommorowww :(  cant afford a machine for a few weeks, i may give up and just buy a second hand delapedated one lol.  x

Not too sure where your location is Suki, but you can set the parameters yourself, gumtree is a good website.

http://www.gumtree.com/for-sale/uk/washing+machine

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Buddhism
     Reply #159 - September 16, 2014, 09:20 AM

Does anyone know the site where you get stuff for free? It was in the news a while ago., I haven't checked it out in about a year. The basic principle is that instead of throwing out things you don't need or want any more you give them to someone else. Free shit! Fuck can't remember what the website's called, there was some good stuff... Thinking hard

• Buddhism
     Reply #160 - September 16, 2014, 12:40 PM

You just reminded me, think it's called "freecycle" you add your email for your area and you receive notifications when someone wants to give something given away, you just go pick it up from their house. I remember using it years ago, i got an expensive running machine for free, used it about twice until it became a clothes airer lol, there's probably more better sites i dunno ?
  • Buddhism
     Reply #161 - September 16, 2014, 12:49 PM

Not too sure where your location is Suki, but you can set the parameters yourself, gumtree is a good website.

http://www.gumtree.com/for-sale/uk/washing+machine

Ah yes thanks Qitian,  i can look there too.. : )

Hey yes it's very easy to install a washing machine, unless you mean install the plumbing pipes, but all you do is add the blue pipe to the blue tap, i never use the red one as it takes up all your hot water, and then attach the drainage pipe to the drain pipe, voila..    oh yeah and plug it in to the elec socket, very important lol but if u mean the plumbing, aint got a clue  x
  • Buddhism
     Reply #162 - September 16, 2014, 12:56 PM

You just reminded me, think it's called "freecycle" you add your email for your area and you receive notifications when someone wants to give something given away, you just go pick it up from their house. I remember using it years ago, i got an expensive running machine for free, used it about twice until it became a clothes airer lol, there's probably more better sites i dunno ?

Whatt, I should've known about this!
    Brb, going to Soho to pick up a water cooler.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Buddhism
     Reply #163 - September 17, 2014, 08:25 AM

There's actually some pretty amazing offers. I think it's quite wonderful that people will just give away things they no longer want or need.

• Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »