Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Thunderfoot v.s Ray Comfort

(Read 4741 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Thunderfoot v.s Ray Comfort
     OP - July 24, 2009, 08:31 PM

The title speaks for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2FskTKrx40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1wX0pHHidY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLg7TPYbdBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8A-QIQ_w4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jauUjxWpcyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKJUnZRptIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJU-AcC1kLA

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
  • Re: Thunderfoot v.s Ray Comfort
     Reply #1 - July 24, 2009, 08:50 PM

Oh this should be good.   popcorn

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - July 24, 2009, 10:10 PM

I know God in the same way I know my wife." - Ray Comfort.  (snigger, snigger).

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #3 - July 24, 2009, 10:52 PM

Leda and the swan <=> Ray and Yahweh.  Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #4 - July 25, 2009, 12:30 AM

TF:If God said paedophilia is ok, then is it? 
    RC: I refuse to answer the question and video stops and next reel shows that he is visibly in a huff!  Thunderfoot apologises and they change the subject. 

Religious people  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - July 25, 2009, 12:32 AM

Oh this should be good.   popcorn

When I first found this, I immediately thought of you and decided to post it here  Angelic

Reply #6 - July 25, 2009, 12:36 AM

Yes, me too.  When I think of Thunderfoot I think of Cheetah.  I reckons she has got a crush on him,  001_wub

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - July 25, 2009, 12:39 AM

And I have a crush on Cheetah  001_wub

Reply #8 - July 25, 2009, 12:41 AM

I am sure you're not the only one

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - July 25, 2009, 08:42 AM

Thunderf00t makes a real blunder in [pt6]. He first says paedophilia has no benefit to civilisation. He's bumbling and oblique, as usual. Then he says it *does* have a benefit (because it enhances the lives of paedophiles!), and is not able to say it is morally wrong. In the first case, civilisation is full of paedophilia. I would argue that (as opposed to 'civilisation') class society is riddled with paedophilia because of the construction of the value-relation of 'adult' and 'child'* (although paedophilia has existed in such primitive societies as the Etoro). In other words, it is the result of a power relation (maybe a similar thing can be discovered in primitive socieites that practice paedophilia... so we could link to their wars for example).

Nonetheless, what about the victims of paedophilia? Does their suffering not bare a cost? Can we not say that paedophilia is wrong because of the suffering involved? An atheistic-humanistic person ought to have a grasp on morality, but he doesn't, as evidenced by his references to chimp societies... as if they are human.

the construction of the value-relation of 'adult' and 'child'

Before anyone jumps on me: I don't argue that there is not a natural distinction between adult and child, but the extent to which that distinction is constituted by social power that is bound up with the ownership of wealth, and such... that restricts ('infantalizes') the social role of children. They become more like the property of adults than anything else.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #10 - July 25, 2009, 08:57 AM

Roll Eyes Righty-o then.

Reply #11 - July 25, 2009, 08:58 AM

It is a really big shortcoming of his.

Reply #12 - July 25, 2009, 10:37 AM

He's bumbling and oblique

Well put and yep, I noticed that too, just was struggling to put my finger on it

(Sorry Cheetah  Smiley)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #13 - July 25, 2009, 02:57 PM

When I first found this, I immediately thought of you and decided to post it here  Angelic

Thank you.  Smiley

Yes, me too.  When I think of Thunderfoot I think of Cheetah.  I reckons she has got a crush on him,  001_wub

My interest in Thunderf00t is entirely based on science and reason and other intellectual stuff.   nyanya
    And I have a crush on Cheetah  001_wub

hugs

Reply #14 - July 25, 2009, 03:21 PM

My interest in Thunderf00t is entirely based on science and reason and other intellectual stuff.   nyanya

Well, damn, and here I was thinking all I had to do to get you in bed was to dress like I just put on my t-shirt and best-pressed khakis laid out by my mom after a marathon night of playing Dungeons and Dragons in my parents' basement.   Smiley

Nah, I like thunderf00t and all (although I do frequently find issue with some of things he says), but damn, clean up a little for your big debate, huh? If you're gonna represent atheists, represent!

fuck you
     Reply #15 - July 25, 2009, 04:29 PM

Speaking of Part 5, I just realized I forgot to post it on this site  Tongue

Reply #16 - July 25, 2009, 04:33 PM

If you're gonna represent atheists, represent!

Thunderfoot doesn't represent Atheists. He represents his own perspective on life.

Reply #17 - July 25, 2009, 06:48 PM

Speaking of Part 5, I just realized I forgot to post it on this site  Tongue

i meant pt6

Reply #18 - July 26, 2009, 12:38 PM

Thunderfoot doesn't represent Atheists. He represents his own perspective on life.

It is all well and fine that most atheist like to think they are individual (as in not part of any oganized religion), but in the end, they are part of a group of people who believe no god exists. Thunderfoot was representing the side of atheists.

Thunder did a piss-poor job of stealing the thunder against the self-righteous fallacies ray was throwing at him. Thunder fared better in the discussion about evolution and the importance of knowledge
    - "Once we determine that knowledge is good, then when you spread disinformation then you are committing harm".
    - "you are free to say anything you want, you are also free to poop in the street, but that is still anti-social."

Thunder was being an intellectual. Ray was being a self-righteous simple truck. Thunder shoul have kept it simple stupid. When Ray made the example of the paint being created by a painter, Thunder should have perhaps asked and who created the painter, then who created the creator of the painter. Instead Thunder went into an intelligent explanation, that I no longer remember.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #19 - July 26, 2009, 03:43 PM

Here's Thunderf00t's reflections on the debate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOeW0TI5f3o

Reply #20 - July 26, 2009, 04:34 PM

It is all well and fine that most atheist like to think they are individual (as in not part of any oganized religion), but in the end, they are part of a group of people who believe no god exists. Thunderfoot was representing the side of atheists.

Thunder did a piss-poor job of stealing the thunder against the self-righteous fallacies ray was throwing at him. Thunder fared better in the discussion about evolution and the importance of knowledge
    - "Once we determine that knowledge is good, then when you spread disinformation then you are committing harm".
    - "you are free to say anything you want, you are also free to poop in the street, but that is still anti-social."

Thunder was being an intellectual. Ray was being a self-righteous simple truck. Thunder shoul have kept it simple stupid. When Ray made the example of the paint being created by a painter, Thunder should have perhaps asked and who created the painter, then who created the creator of the painter. Instead Thunder went into an intelligent explanation, that I no longer remember.

Yes, thats what I thought - he tried to over make hard work of relatively simple points, and I thought he came across unintentionally as a  pompous intellectual snob.  If someone hits you with simple points, keep it in the frame of the discussion, and stay on their simple level, or they will simply switch off.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - July 26, 2009, 05:13 PM

I thought he came across unintentionally as a  pompous intellectual snob

You think?  Funny, I thought he seemed nervous - he doesn't usually stutter like that.

Reply #22 - July 26, 2009, 09:04 PM

great. Just watched the first part, Ray Comfort is leading Thunderfoot into a trap. Thunderfoot should have said, OK lets suppose a god did create the universe, define this god. As soon as Comfort would have tried to define his god, Godels proof would have come into play and he would have contradicted his own god, as he is defining it to a set of axioms! Ray came here with a clear game plan not to have an intelligent discussion but just play semantics. What is this god that crated the universe? what are its attributes?

Am going to watch the second part its easy to give opinions when your sat at home. I think thunderfoot handled that part pretty well, but he did actually say, something to the extent that from the stone age, to 300 years later we went to the moon??? or did I mishear him?
     Reply #23 - July 26, 2009, 09:29 PM

Yes TF in part 3 gets to what I was saying, his made Ray confine his god! it's all down hill for ray from here
     Reply #24 - July 27, 2009, 07:27 AM

So I checked out a few more of TF's vids and all I've got to say is that dude seriously needs to learn to stand up straight and iron a fucking t-shirt. Cheesy

Reply #25 - July 27, 2009, 09:06 AM

and eat plenty of pies

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #26 - July 27, 2009, 02:24 PM

So I checked out a few more of TF's vids and all I've got to say is that dude seriously needs to learn to stand up straight and iron a fucking t-shirt. Cheesy

I love his funky hair (no homo)
     Reply #27 - July 27, 2009, 02:46 PM

great. Just watched the first part, Ray Comfort is leading Thunderfoot into a trap. Thunderfoot should have said, OK lets suppose a god did create the universe, define this god. As soon as Comfort would have tried to define his god, Godels proof would have come into play and he would have contradicted his own god, as he is defining it to a set of axioms! Ray came here with a clear game plan not to have an intelligent discussion but just play semantics. What is this god that crated the universe? what are its attributes?

Am going to watch the second part its easy to give opinions when your sat at home. I think thunderfoot handled that part pretty well, but he did actually say, something to the extent that from the stone age, to 300 years later we went to the moon??? or did I mishear him?

There is many ways to skin the cat. I can not critic thunder for which method he should have chosen, I can only critic him for which method he chose. Godel's proof is only One of many,

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
  • Thunderfoot v.s Ray Comfort
     Reply #28 - August 27, 2015, 09:18 PM

Just when I was looking to fill the time, I find this.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »