Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Zoroastrianism, Islam, Iran & Dogs!

(Read 4296 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Zoroastrianism, Islam, Iran & Dogs!
     OP - June 11, 2009, 01:44 PM

I had read this in Front Page Magazine, which is a biased anti Islam magazine, but I doubt they'd misquote Mary Boyce, she says dogs are especially tortured in Iran by Muslims due to their connection with Zoroastrianism.

Mary Boyce, Professor Emeritus of Iranian Studies and a pre-eminent scholar of Zoroastrianism, spent a 12-month sabbatical in 1963-64 living in the Zoroastrian community of Iran (mostly in Sharifabad, on the northern Yazdi plain). During a lecture series given at Oxford in 1975, she noted how the Iranian ancestors of the Zoroastrians had a devoted working relationship (i.e., herding livestock) with dogs when they lived a nomadic existence on the Asian steppes. This sustained contact evolved over generations such that dogs became ?a part in (Zoroastrian) religious beliefs and practices?which in due course became a part of the heritage of Zoroastrianism.? Boyce then provided an historical overview of the deliberate, wanton cruelty of Muslims and their children towards dogs in Iran, including a personal eyewitness account:

In Sharifabad the dogs distinguished clearly between Moslem and Zoroastrian, and were prepared to go?full of hope, into a crowded Zoroastrian assembly, or to fall asleep trustfully in a Zoroastrian lane, but would flee as before Satan from a group of Moslem boys?The evidence points?to Moslem hostility to these animals having been deliberately fostered in the first place in Iran, as a point of opposition to the old (pre-Islamic jihad conquest) faith (i.e., Zoroastrianism) there. Certainly in the Yazdi area?Moslems found a double satisfaction in tormenting dogs, since they were thereby both afflicting an unclean creature and causing distress to the infidel who cherished him.

There are grim?stories from the time (i.e., into the latter half of the 19th century) when the annual poll-tax (jizya) was exacted, of the tax gatherer tying a Zoroastrian and a dog together, and flogging both alternately until the money was somehow forthcoming, or death released them. I myself was spared any worse sight than that of a young Moslem girl?standing over a litter of two-week old puppies, and suddenly kicking one as hard as she could with her shod foot. The puppy screamed with pain, but at my angry intervention she merely said blankly, ?But it?s unclean.? In Sharifabad I was told by distressed Zoroastrian children of worse things: a litter of puppies cut to pieces with a spade-edge, and a dog?s head laid open with the same implement; and occasionally the air was made hideous with the cries of some tormented animal. Such wanton cruelties on the Moslems? part added not a little to the tension between the communities."

I wonder if someone from Iran could weigh in, or someone from another Muslim country-about the general treatment of dogs?

Having lived in Bangladesh, I have seen a particular group of little boys stone birds & one of these boys had kicked a puppy so I assume its general animal cruelty & has nothing specific to do with dogs, but are dogs generally singled out for mistreatment?

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
  • Zoroastrianism, Islam, Iran & Dogs!
     Reply #1 - April 21, 2015, 08:11 PM

well  Rashna has gone away never to come back ., So let me restart her thread on Persia.. Iran .. Thanks  to Sauds of sand land and the brutal scoundrels ISIS ..most of the Iran's Mullah Islam has been forgotten in CEMB.. any way here we go..

IRAN: Executions in a week reaches 81 _ 20 April 2015

NCRI - Coincident with mass executions in the prisons of Ghezel-Hessar, Karaj and other cities, the anti-human regime of mullahs sent 16 other prisoners to the gallows in Mashhad and Birjand (northeastern Iran). Twelve of them were hanged collectively in Vakilabad prison of Mashhad on April 16, and the other four were executed in Birjand prison the following day. Thus, the number of executions from 12 to 18 April reached 81, meaning 12 executions per day.

The unprecedented increase in the wave of executions after the Lausanne nuke framework is a clear indication of the mullahs’ desperate need of creating an atmosphere of fear in the society to confront the explosive situation.

Iranian Resistance calls on Iranian brave youths to express their solidarity with the families of the executed and prisoners, and to protest against this criminal move in the country. It also underscores the need for ousting this bloodthirsty and fascist regime from the world community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGdEygQslR8

Murder of 9 year old Iranian boy..    

That is what fucking religions do to human beings..   And all that news is one month old..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYclFCiGlB0

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »