Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quran vs Christians

(Read 13100 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Quran vs Christians
     OP - May 29, 2009, 12:51 AM

I'm kind of confused about what the Quran says about Christians and Jews...

When I was a muslim, I always thought that because the fact that they also believed in 1 God, they'll go to heaven too...
    I know that it's said officially somewhere in the Quran, but I don't remember where... Anyone else does?

Sura 9:29-34 however says something completely different:
    (29) And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they! (30) They have taken as lords beside Allah their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were bidden to worship only One God. There is no god save Him. Be He glorified from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him)! (31) Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah disdaineth (aught) save that He shall perfect His light, however much the disbelievers are averse. (32) He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion, however much the idolaters may be averse. (33) O ye who believe! Lo! many of the (Jewish) rabbis and the (Christian) monks devour the wealth of mankind wantonly and debar (men) from the way of Allah. They who hoard up gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah, unto them give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom, (34) On the day when it will (all) be heated in the fire of hell, and their foreheads and their flanks and their backs will be branded therewith (and it will be said unto them): Here is that which ye hoarded for yourselves. Now taste of what ye used to hoard.

So are Christians going to heaven or not? xD

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ExMuslims
    Council of Ex-Muslims of the Netherlands will be back!

Never doubt that a small group of commited people can change te world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead
  • Re: Quran vs Christians
     Reply #1 - May 29, 2009, 01:06 AM

yes they will go to heaven if they do good

Quran is a book of guidance for all mankind. But should it be read keeping historical/social context.

How will God Almighty Judge us?

This life is a test for each individual for the life after death. and the dead will be resurrected for judgment by God.

On the day of judgment God will judge each person on an individual basis not our religious affiliation ie Islam, Christainty, Judaism, Hinduism etc . God Almighty knows what's in the heart of man/woman and will judge us based on our deeds and the choices we make in life.
    Remember, one day you will appear before God (The Creator) and you will answer for your deeds. It is your own conduct which will lead you to reward or punishment, as if you had been destined therefor.

God says in the Holy Quran 67:2 ?It is He who created death and life for you that He may try you, as to which of you is best in works....

The Holy Quran, 21:47 "On the Day of Judgment, We shall set up scales of justice so that no one will be dealt with unjustly in any way; even if someone has an act as small as a grain of a mustard seed, We will bring it to account, and sufficient are We to settle the accounts."

The Holy Quran 16:111"The day will come when every soul will serve as its own advocate, and every soul will be paid fully for whatever it had done, without the least injustice."

The Holy Quran 4:124."As for those who lead a righteous life, male or female, while believing, they enter Paradise; without the slightest injustice."

The Holy Quran 2:62 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

please read my blog, read how islam will win
    the clash of civilization.

http://www.xanga.com/hfghj23458654fgha
     Reply #2 - May 29, 2009, 01:16 AM

I once found a contradiction between 3 versees in the Qur'an concerning whether Muslims could marry Christians. It went something like:

1. You can marry Christians.
    2. You can't marry idolators.
    3. Christians are idolators.

When I asked around, I got told that the 1st verse was revealed when there were still true Christians about and the 3rd was revealed when there were no true Christians anymore, at which point "Christian" referred to the new corrupt Christians. Also, because there are no true Christians anymore, all modern Christians are going to hell. But I'm not sure how that follows.

So yeah, it seems a Christian isn't plain and simple a Christian in the Qur'an. I've no idea how your supposed to interpret it then, though.

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #3 - May 29, 2009, 01:19 AM

i wil try to explain later

Reply #4 - May 29, 2009, 06:47 AM

This is just another case of Quranic contradictions! grin12

Quran Surahs on this Issue

Yes, Jews & Christians also go to Heaven like Muslims yes

cheers
    2:62
    Those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

5:69
    Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians - Whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve

No, Christians burn in Hell! no

signmuahaha
    3:85
    Whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

5:72
    They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. ... Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.  

Once more Allah is inconsistent!

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #5 - May 29, 2009, 07:51 AM

The simple answer to your question:

Its a confusing disjointed hog pog of stuff that doesnt really make a lot of sense. Thats the only real answer.

However, since there is no such thing as hell, there is little to worry about

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #6 - May 29, 2009, 08:04 AM

The only way I can make sense of this inconsistency is this, Christians will go to Heaven as long as they're staunch monotheists with no Trinity. Look at this sura:

They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. ... Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers. 

Thus, if Christians accept Jesus as only a Prophet & not as God Incarnate or Son of God, they get to go to Heaven, but if they pray hope to Jesus as God, they will burn in Hell!

But this is simply what Christian belief is-that Jesus is not God's Prophet but God & He died for humanity's sins.(I'm describing Christian belief, not my beliefs).

Thus if Christians started believing that Jesus was simply a Prophet & God had substituted Him for Judas at the Cross, they no longer remain Christians but become a religion that is almost Muslim(except accepting Muhammad's prophesies).

How many Christians practice this form of Christianity & would be eligible for Islamic Jannah according to this criteria? And why would Allah be so cruel to burn nice people in Hell simply because they were genuinely mistaken & confused a Prophet of God with God Himself?  questions2

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #7 - May 29, 2009, 09:01 AM

i will answer satarday

Reply #8 - May 29, 2009, 11:49 AM

And why would Allah be so cruel to burn nice people in Hell simply because they were genuinely mistaken & confused a Prophet of God with God Himself?  questions2

Exactly. I also wonder what happens with someone who has never heard of Islam when he dies.
    It just doesn't make any sense...
    Also... Why should we all have to pray 5 times a day, fast for a month, go to Mekka etc... if all good people go to Jannah...?
    You basically just have to make sure you're a nice person who doesn't believe that a human can have God's powers... xD
    What's the point of Islam?

Never doubt that a small group of commited people can change te world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead
     Reply #9 - May 29, 2009, 11:53 AM

By "good" it probably means "obeys Allah"

Reply #10 - May 29, 2009, 01:52 PM

Exactly. I also wonder what happens with someone who has never heard of Islam when he dies.
    It just doesn't make any sense...

Maybe they go to some sort of Islamic limbo, like noble heathens go to Christian libmo...till recently unbaptized babies went there as well, now the Church says they go to Heaven. Tongue

Also... Why should we all have to pray 5 times a day, fast for a month, go to Mekka etc... if all good people go to Jannah...?

That is precisely why Islam says that all good people don't go to Jannah, only believing & practicing Muslims do. Its a scare tactic to ensure people convert to Islam & don't apostatize...only two faiths have this believe or burn theory-Islam & Christianity & these two are the biggest! dance

This proves this tactic works! Believers will go to great lengths to convert others-the Jihads, Crusades, Inquisitions are proof!

You basically just have to make sure you're a nice person who doesn't believe that a human can have God's powers... xD
    What's the point of Islam?

Not any point really, Christianity for all its flaws runs some great schools, hospitals & so on-Islam seems lately to only terrorize loads of people.

To be fair, faiths also give a lot of comfort to people-makes them feel that there's a Higher Power watching over them & interested in them, they'll meet their loved ones after they die etc, but you don't need a faith which says believe or burn to get comfort, faiths which don't say this also serves the same function.

Reply #11 - May 29, 2009, 11:36 PM

I once found a contradiction between 3 versees in the Qur'an concerning whether Muslims could marry Christians. It went something like:

When I asked around, I got told that the 1st verse was revealed when there were still true Christians about and the 3rd was revealed when there were no true Christians anymore, at which point "Christian" referred to the new corrupt Christians. Also, because there are no true Christians anymore, all modern Christians are going to hell. But I'm not sure how that follows.

So yeah, it seems a Christian isn't plain and simple a Christian in the Qur'an. I've no idea how your supposed to interpret it then, though.

islam allow muslims man to marry christian and jewish woman even christains believe in trinity, and christian and jewish woman can pratice their religion after marrying muslims man

the reason god not allow muslim man to marry pagan woman because she will bring idols with her that will corrupt whole family

Reply #12 - May 29, 2009, 11:57 PM

signmuahaha
    Whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

this verse refering to muslims who changed their religion

god is  warning christians to correct themselve, Trinity makes people disbelieve in God and disbelieve in God lead to immorality and immorality lead to hell fire.

and Christians who still believe in Trinity and live righteous lives God will reward them paradise.

Reply #13 - May 30, 2009, 12:10 AM

signmuahaha

god is  warning christians to correct themselve, Trinity makes people disbelieve in God and disbelieve in God lead to immorality and immorality lead to hell fire.

and Christians who still believe in Trinity and live righteous lives God will reward them paradise.

Ok... But why are muslims fasting for 1 month each year then? Why are they wasting their time 5 times a day if they can get to heaven by simply becoming a Christian and live righteous...?

I'll answer your mail tomorrow... I'm tired as hell... xD

Reply #14 - May 30, 2009, 12:29 AM

islam allow muslims man to marry christian and jewish woman even christains believe in trinity, and christian and jewish woman can pratice their religion after marrying muslims man

the reason god not allow muslim man to marry pagan woman because she will bring idols with her that will corrupt whole family

Now you're making stuff up.  That's biddah.
     Reply #15 - May 30, 2009, 12:48 AM

signmuahaha

god is  warning christians to correct themselve, Trinity makes people disbelieve in God and disbelieve in God lead to immorality and immorality lead to hell fire.

Ok... But why are muslims fasting for 1 month each year then? Why are they wasting their time 5 times a day if they can get to heaven by simply becoming a Christian and live righteous...?

I'll answer your mail tomorrow... I'm tired as hell... xD

fasting is good for health and 5 time ritual pray are meditation for our own benefit.

and christian's trinity lead to disbelieve in god  and disbelieve in God lead to immorality and immorality lead to hell fire.

Reply #16 - May 30, 2009, 12:49 AM

Now you're making stuff up.  That's biddah.

which stuff i made up ?

Reply #17 - May 30, 2009, 02:16 PM

you people must be wondering why muslims womans not allow to marry christians and jews

my answer is christainity and judaism does not guaranty  muslim woman can pratice her religion

Reply #18 - May 30, 2009, 02:44 PM

And god isn't powerful enough to nullify that?
     Reply #19 - May 30, 2009, 02:45 PM

you people must be wondering why muslims womans not allow to marry christians and jews

my answer is christainity and judaism does not guaranty  muslim woman can pratice her religion

They don't guarantee that a muslim man can practise his religion either.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #20 - May 30, 2009, 02:46 PM

i dont understand, please explain

Reply #21 - May 30, 2009, 02:47 PM

my answer is christainity and judaism does not guaranty  muslim woman can pratice her religion

man can take care that

Reply #22 - May 30, 2009, 03:10 PM

As a muslim, you believe that god is the all-powerful creator, sustainer, and master of the Universe.  It would then stand to reason that if god didn't like something, he could wave his magic wand and make it go away.  No human assistance required.

Which raises another question:  Why does the all-powerful creator of the universe need human help for ANYTHING?
     Reply #23 - May 30, 2009, 03:53 PM

As a muslim, you believe that god is the all-powerful creator, sustainer, and master of the Universe.  It would then stand to reason that if god didn't like something, he could wave his magic wand and make it go away.  No human assistance required.

Which raises another question:  Why does the all-powerful creator of the universe need human help for ANYTHING?

sorry, i still dont understand

Reply #24 - May 30, 2009, 06:57 PM

He's still living in the 7th century mentality that men rule women. When you realize that then it actually makes sense.

Reply #25 - May 30, 2009, 08:32 PM

Will Christians & Jews go to Hell?

This video answers your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPqLpgxPxfc

Reply #26 - May 30, 2009, 09:09 PM

if jews and christians follow the jewish scriptures they have nothing to fear and will receive everlasting life!

Quran
    II. 62. Those who believe, and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,? any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

II.82. Those who have faith and work righteousness, they are companions of the Garden: Therein shall they abide (for ever).

III. 113-115. Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (For the right)...

They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous.

Of the good that they do, nothing will be rejected of them; for Allah knoweth well those that do right.

VII.170. As to those who hold fast by the (Jewish) Book and establish regular prayer, ? never shall We suffer the reward of the righteous to perish.

Reply #27 - May 30, 2009, 09:41 PM

muslims even have permission from allah to eat the (kosher) food of jews

quran

V. 6 The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them.

Reply #28 - May 30, 2009, 09:59 PM

Oh yeah! That must mean Christians and Jews can go to heaven!

Reply #29 - May 30, 2009, 10:08 PM

Oh yeah! That must mean Christians and Jews can go to heaven!

Quran
    II. 62. Those who believe, and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,? any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »