Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Gaza assault
Today at 03:37 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 03:04 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 08:33 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:13 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 16, 2024, 02:05 PM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Qur'anic Plagiarism of Talmud, Targum and Midrash

(Read 4681 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Qur'anic Plagiarism of Talmud, Targum and Midrash
     OP - May 14, 2009, 03:00 AM

Of course I have always know that Muhammad drew heavily on Jewish traditions, but as I don't know these traditions I have been unable to point to the specific parts that the Qur'an lifted.

This video discusses that.

It is quite funny to see how even non canonical oral traditions - i.e. some babble by a Rabbi in some place has become "The Word of God" in the Qur'an lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgQkW5UTHM&feature=channel_page

• Re: Qur'anic Plagiarism of Talmud, Targum and Midrash
     Reply #1 - May 14, 2009, 03:01 AM

I would still like to know what the source of the monkeys and apes sabbath breakers is though - anyone?
     Reply #2 - May 14, 2009, 03:21 AM

This is a good book, "Judaism and Islam" by Abraham Geiger (who helped in the formation of Reform Judaism).

I liked this book as a muslim as it pointed out the source of the similarities, but I wrote off plagarism with the thinking that "God can reveal again what he revealed before" and the ayah: "you (Jews) have made (the Torah) into (separate) papersheets, disclosing (some of it) and concealing most of it." 6:91

Dunno bout the apes and pigs tho. I remember reading something on it...

The author of the vid must not be Jewish, or just didn't do his homework right. He says, "Talmud comes from the Hebrew "tannaim" meaning to teach." His statement is mixed up. The Tannaim were a generation of scholars who wrote the Mishna, which is the base of the Talmud. The word "Talmud"s root means "insturction, learning", which also shows up in Arabic.

This article casts doubt on the borrowing of the Queen of Sheba story from Targum Esther 2.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #3 - May 14, 2009, 03:23 AM

All religions plagiarise and "take inspiration from" previous beliefs, myths, dogma, and religions. The Abrahamic religions derive heavily from Sumer/Babylon, Egyptian, and Iranic religions (Zoroastrianism) and those themselves were based on religions that probably have ceased to exist now.

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #4 - March 06, 2010, 02:02 PM

THAT VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED :(
     Reply #5 - March 06, 2010, 02:07 PM

I remember that video, and the other ones about Plagiarism. It seemed accurate to me. Funny thing is that Muslims will say that those stories are POST Islamic, meaning they were invented after the Qur'an, so the Qur'an did not copy from anything bullshit

To me, the idea that the Qur'an simply copied from older scriptures seems much more realistic then those midrash and talmud stories being post islamic inventions.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #6 - March 06, 2010, 02:16 PM

Found new link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Mtyz619EQ
     Reply #7 - March 06, 2010, 02:29 PM

I wonder how Debunker is gonna debunk that video. Maybe he might use Islamic-awareness.org, perfect apologetics site.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »