Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Now that we can eat non-halal food...

(Read 26245 times)
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Now that we can eat non-halal food...
     OP - May 11, 2009, 12:12 AM

There's plenty more option for us.  Lets discuss our new found freedom to eat what WE want to eat... Smiley

When I go to McDonalds, I don't have to just go for the Fillet-O-Fish meal anymore.  I have the option of going for the Big Mac or McChicken or whatever else (except pork/bacon.  I still don't eat pig).

I've also discovered KFC, which is probably the best out of the 3 big fast food outlets.  The Zinger meal great!

But the one I enjoy the most is... Nandos!

When I'm sat in Nandos and I see that haram half chicken on my plate covered in peri-peri sauce, and I tuck into it, I feel truely apostatized.  Wink

I still look over my shoulder when I'm eating at these places though!

• Re: Now that we can eat non-halal food...
     Reply #1 - May 11, 2009, 12:53 AM

may I suggest Portuguese Stuffed Suckling pig

Yum Yum

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #2 - May 11, 2009, 01:14 AM

I've tried pork multiple times and I hate it. Something about the smell of it, no matter how well its cooked makes me blahh. Smell a lot like tuna sometimes-a meat which I generally try to avoid for the same reason.

Honestly, I've been eating Big Macs and KFC long before I became a Murtad. I just avoided any pork meals.

I will say one thing, I do like my alcohol. I was one of the Muslims who knew drinking wasn't allowed and actually followed it. I'm not a big drinker now, and only drink on occasions, but man, I love Vodka and Red Wine, and Beer when I drink. Tequila works too, but something about couple of straight shots of Vodka that really can't be beat. Afro

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #3 - May 11, 2009, 02:03 AM

I was only strict "only dhabiha!" for awhile, then an interpretation came that "the food of ahl al-kitab is halal" meant that I could eat anything in America that wasn't known to be slaughtered by anyone else, though I still preferred Halal and Kosher. I still don't eat pork, but I don't care if my refried beans have lard in them Roll Eyes. Double QPC @ Micky Deez Afro You like KFC? You should try Popeyes, they're better, by far. Though my two favourite restaurants are local, and kosher and halal Grin. One is an Israeli owned falafel hut (even when I was muslim, I thought I was following the Sunnah by having good relations with the yahood), the other is a paki owned pizza place.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #4 - May 11, 2009, 06:49 AM

Those ones don't exist in the Uk awais, or at least I've never seen one.

I don't eat McD's or KFC, the calories in the meals are too much lol  Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #5 - May 11, 2009, 07:39 AM

Sucks for you. Tommy's in the states, there's gotta be a Popeyes where he is.

Reply #6 - May 11, 2009, 08:51 AM

It's great that I don't have to worry about eating non-halal food any more, I can finally eat marshmallows containing gelatine! Yippee!
     Reply #7 - May 11, 2009, 08:55 AM

When I'm sat in Nandos and I see that haram half chicken on my plate covered in peri-peri sauce, and I tuck into it, I feel truely apostatized.  Wink

I thought Muslims already thought Nandos was halal?

I'd trade all of these benefits (including alchohol), just for the one guilt-free conscience from not performing da'wah

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - May 11, 2009, 08:57 AM

WTF is Nandos?

Reply #9 - May 11, 2009, 08:59 AM

WTF is Nandos?

http://www.nandos.co.uk/index.cfm    Afro

Reply #10 - May 11, 2009, 09:01 AM

Its a non-fast food chicken restaurant, with stores in every city in the UK.  They are famous for their piri piri sauces in the UK.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - May 11, 2009, 09:13 AM

Nandos is semi-fast food but ye get to sit in a nice restaurant if you want to and can watch them cook it! The crispiness and moistness of the chicken makes it all worth it. Although their price rises as of late are bugging the crap out of me!

Anyway, there are some halal nandos restaurants, mostly in London and high density Muslim cities in the North (Leicester, Birmingham etc).                                                                                                                                       
     Reply #12 - May 11, 2009, 09:18 AM

Wimps. Anyone up for trying long pig? Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #13 - May 11, 2009, 11:08 AM

Last time I tried to eat a bacon barm it made me sick to my stomach.  My system is not used to large amounts of pork so about the most I can take is pepperoni on my pizza and a couple of thin rashers on a BLT.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #14 - May 11, 2009, 11:13 AM

Wimps. Anyone up for trying long pig? Cheesy

Hey, when there is a gloabl disaster and most of the regular food is gone, I'll be the first in line for that lol if it's a choice bwteen me starving or them, I'll hack em up myself for my dinner.  cool2

Reply #15 - May 11, 2009, 11:15 AM

Start with the kiddies. They're a more convenient size and easier to kill, plus they're nice and tender. Yummy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #16 - May 11, 2009, 11:16 AM

Start with the kiddies. They're a more convenient size and easier to kill, plus they're nice and tender. Yummy

No way lol I'm pretty cave womanish, doesn't matter how tough the meat is as long as it's well done then I can rip into it, hence I don't need to be a child eating cannibal, I can just go after the grown ups.  Tongue

Reply #17 - May 11, 2009, 03:28 PM

Sucks for you. Tommy's in the states, there's gotta be a Popeyes where he is.

Yeah I've had Popeyes. It's pretty good actually. The only time I ever eat there is when I'm at the Airport.

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #18 - May 11, 2009, 05:14 PM

I'm just really glad that I can now go to really nice, quality restaurants and not just indian or arab restaurants.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #19 - May 12, 2009, 10:47 PM

nandos originated in South Africa !! best thing ever !
     Reply #20 - May 12, 2009, 11:09 PM

nandos originated in South Africa !!

Is that why they only allow white meat in their restaurants?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - May 13, 2009, 12:27 AM

I don't eat fast food very often, but when I do it's nice to have the option of eating the "haram" items too.

How many of you used to check the E numbers in the ingredients of chocolates and sweets when you were a Muslimoon?

Reply #22 - May 13, 2009, 01:01 AM

How many of you used to check the E numbers in the ingredients of chocolates and sweets when you were Muslim?

Gawd I'm glad I never did that stupid shit. I was lazy, and whatever OU said was kosher was cool with me grin12

Reply #23 - May 13, 2009, 07:22 AM

nandos originated in South Africa !!

Is that why they only allow white meat in their restaurants?

Oh! I only just got that lol. I saw this neat little number last night and thought that it was some South African cultural thing but now I realise it's an Apa****id joke!

Anyway, I think the guy was Portugese, the Portugese in South Africa during much of Apartheid were treated like "Coloureds" until later on, there were still many restaurants, beaches, public facilities that used to say: "no Spanish, no Mexican, no Portugese".

Just a little fact in there.
     Reply #24 - May 13, 2009, 07:46 AM

Oh! I only just got that lol. I saw this neat little number last night and thought that it was some South African cultural thing but now I realise it's an Apa****id joke!

Anyway, I think the guy was Portugese, the Portugese in South Africa during much of Apartheid were treated like "Coloureds" until later on, there were still many restaurants, beaches, public facilities that used to say: "no Spanish, no Mexican, no Portugese".

Just a little fact in there.

I cant get over the fact that that shit was happening so few years ago.  Make me feel sick.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - May 13, 2009, 08:21 AM

First non-Halal thing i ate was a ham sandwich and i found it revolting. The smell of bacon used to make me want to vomit and I hated the texture of pork sausages. However, my palet has become refined now there's nothing better than a bacon sarni for brunch on the weekend (or bacon with bri as my significant other would have you know).

Nando's... is amazing. I've tried it when i was a Muslim when I was in South Africa so I had a vague recollection of what the hype was about before I ate it last year. There is a good-sized Muslim population in South Africa; the national halal society put the stamp of approval on many of their mainstream foods so that is pretty much all you have to look out for for majority of products on the supermark shelves. Albeit, I digress. Nando's... it's all about the chicken wings! Get a platter next time you're in there; I most i can tolerate, heat-wise, is hot. My significant other loves his chicken to be marinated in extra hot sauce and then eats it with extra hot side sauce, just to be that extra bit crazy  Cheesy.

McD's i'm not really a fan of. It's cheap-ish food with that unhealthy fast-food taste. KFC I enjoy along with Wagamama, a nifty new restauarnt called Giraffe and Chili's. I like the fact I can eat the non-Halal options but sometimes I still like to opt for the veg/fish option. I cook a lot too and a bit of red wine in a bolognese sauce just adds that extra bit of flavour. One of my favourite sauces has to be red wine and black cherry sauce over a leg of roast duck... my palet is rather sophisticated at times.  Smiley

With regards alcohol, I'm a social drinker, with my preferred choices of poison being a glass of rose or red wine or pinacolada. I don't particularly like Vodka and Dark Rum; they smell and taste like white spirit (the type associated with DIY). But those Sourz flavoured shots are nice! I'm also impartial to a pint of cider now and then (Kopperberg, Strongbow, Brothers).

Food... Yum Yum
     Reply #26 - May 13, 2009, 09:49 AM

I don't eat fast food very often, but when I do it's nice to have the option of eating the "haram" items too.

How many of you used to check the E numbers in the ingredients of chocolates and sweets when you were a Muslimoon?

I thought E numbers were just manufactured chemicals?
     Reply #27 - May 13, 2009, 10:36 AM

E471!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #28 - May 13, 2009, 10:42 AM

WTF? Popeyes' Chicken & Biscuitsvomit Who thought of that crazy idea? Oh... Popeye...

Hey don't get me started on Nando's, damn I have only one thing to say when it comes to Nando's:

CHICKEN WINGS! evil

If you havn't tried 'em yet, go get 'em. Extra Hot.

Reply #29 - May 13, 2009, 10:47 AM

There's plenty more option for us.  Lets discuss our new found freedom to eat what WE want to eat... Smiley

When I go to McDonalds, I don't have to just go for the Fillet-O-Fish meal anymore.  I have the option of going for the Big Mac or McChicken or whatever else (except pork/bacon.  I still don't eat pig).

I've also discovered KFC, which is probably the best out of the 3 big fast food outlets.  The Zinger meal great!

But the one I enjoy the most is... Nandos!

I still look over my shoulder when I'm eating at these places though!

Try the Big Daddy box meal from KFC. It's a tower burger but has bacon rashers in it but they don't get in your way.

• 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »