Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Moral Question To Atheists

(Read 13242 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Moral Question To Atheists
     Reply #60 - May 13, 2009, 09:02 AM

You weren't an atheist when you got married tut lol you were still a muslim.  Wink

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #61 - May 13, 2009, 09:24 AM

You weren't an atheist when you got married tut lol you were still a muslim.  Wink

No not really, it was over with by then I was a "cultural Muslim"
     Reply #62 - May 13, 2009, 01:37 PM

I had a nikkah and an Islamic wedding, it was not amazing (I wanted my mom there) but it was alright I sat on a whore which I always wanted to do,

King Tut,
     Huh?
    I am sure that you mean a Mare (A female Horse). A whore is a different thing altogether.

It is better to remain quiet and have people think that you are an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
     Reply #63 - May 13, 2009, 02:58 PM

I had a nikkah and an Islamic wedding, it was not amazing (I wanted my mom there) but it was alright I sat on a whore which I always wanted to do,

King Tut,
     Huh?
    I am sure that you mean a Mare (A female Horse). A whore is a different thing altogether.

Bad typo. Yeah I meant a horse...
     Reply #64 - September 23, 2011, 05:46 AM

Bump

fuck you
     Reply #65 - September 23, 2011, 06:00 AM

lol, why are you bumping really old threads started by kope?
  • Moral Question To Atheists
     Reply #66 - April 05, 2014, 12:45 AM

What is marriage anyway?
     Reply #67 - April 05, 2014, 12:47 AM

Contract, more or less.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #68 - April 05, 2014, 05:09 AM

Perhaps it is the weak minded who need that piece of paper to be responsible and devoted to the relationship. Perhaps it is the idea that a relationship isn't "serious" or "real" without that piece of paper that makes people argue that marriage is a necessity. Personally, I don't think I'll ever marry again, but really hope to find someone special I love and be best friends with.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #69 - April 05, 2014, 05:17 AM

Don't think i would marry again either, i do dream of it but i don't see the point,  i would probably just make some vow between us, like in braveheart, swap cloths..   but what if two people are planning to raise a family, shouldnt there be some kind of commitment.. ?
     Reply #70 - April 05, 2014, 06:18 AM

why do you think a piece of paper constitutes commitment? The only piece of paper I would think would actually matter in a relationship is if you share property or wealth, and make up some will so that neither party doesn't end up with nothing in the case of death.  A lot of countries are still lacking behind admitting rights to people who are not married.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #71 - April 05, 2014, 07:37 AM

Some people think that that piece of paper kind of secures a marriage. In the sense that a spouse would think twice before leaving his or her life partner because they have married socially. Years back my parents wanted divorce but didn't pursue the idea for the same reason. There is no love lost between them but they are living together because of me and my brothers, and yes the society.
     Reply #72 - April 05, 2014, 07:52 AM

It's cynical to describe marriage as just a piece of paper. It's usually much more than that for most people. It's often a deeply symbolic and valuable expression of commitment, representative of complex emotional pledges and promises, not merely a formality. People can absolutely stack it with meaning and significance, gamble a lot of trust and faith on it. Depends entirely on the couple and what marriage means to them.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #73 - April 05, 2014, 08:13 AM

It's quite common for couples in Sweden to live in cohabitation for years, having both house and kids together. But then they decide to get married and just a year or two afterwards they separate and divorce. I heard someone say that it's because the pressure of marriage puts a strain on the relationship. They can't handle it. Perhaps it's different from person to person, culture to culture. For me personally, the marriage, the paper, was a hindrance for me to see my situation and my now ex-husband for what he really was because I didn't want a "failed marriage".  Maybe I'm a bit cynical right, but being abused and hurt by my husband who was supposed to be my everything made me see things a bit differently. The marriage has no great positive symbolic significance for me, unfortunately.

Anyway, I went off topic a bit, but I cannot see that religious people are, or even religion making people into, better people and human beings. My ex is supposedly a very religious Muslim man, but the lack of morals and ethics in him is astounding. And the disgusting part, is that he has support for some of his behavior directly from the religion.

Reply #74 - April 05, 2014, 09:17 AM

Pre marriage i viewed it as a symbolic spritual union between myself, my partner and God, i had a highly romantic view of it, until my marriage fell apart and the bubble burst, now i just see it as a form of social order, i think ideally if youre planning to start a family, some kind of commitment is needed, it would be better to relax divorce laws rather than discourage marriage.. I couldnt get a divorce from my ex in british law until i provided his address, i didnt know where he was in the world as he lives abroad lol so they said i had to pay thousands of pounds to do it without his signature or wait a few years until they anull it automatically ??  hilarious as i got my islamic divorce instantly..
     Reply #75 - April 05, 2014, 09:42 AM

Marriage can be a bitter thing once you've had a bad experience, but in time WHEN you find the right person you may change your mind

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #76 - April 05, 2014, 09:47 AM

I find marriage beautiful. But that doesn't mean it's the only way to commit or the only best way.
     Reply #77 - April 05, 2014, 09:51 AM

thats true, its not the only way to commit Smiley

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #78 - April 05, 2014, 01:32 PM

It's cynical to describe marriage as just a piece of paper. It's usually much more than that for most people. It's often a deeply symbolic and valuable expression of commitment, representative of complex emotional pledges and promises, not merely a formality. People can absolutely stack it with meaning and significance, gamble a lot of trust and faith on it. Depends entirely on the couple and what marriage means to them.

And you can have the exact same meaning and significance without it.

Y - X = contract on piece of paper

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #79 - April 05, 2014, 01:34 PM

Guys, I think we're derailing too much from the oh so eloquently stated musing of the OP:

"Is it sex before marriage ok?"

Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #80 - April 05, 2014, 02:55 PM

The marriage has no great positive symbolic significance for me, unfortunately.

I'm not even married (though I am engaged), so it has no real personal significance to me either. But I can still acknowledge that it does have personal significance for some couples.

Reply #81 - April 05, 2014, 02:57 PM

And you can have the exact same meaning and significance without it.

Well, no, not the exact same meaning and significance.

I'm not saying that you cannot have any kind of meaning and significance in a relationship without being married. I'm saying that people view marriage differently and some people see it as significant as a thing in itself or imbue their own marriage with significance peculiar to them and perculiar to their marriage.

Reply #82 - April 05, 2014, 08:44 PM

Your relationship can be unique. So can other people's relationships.

I don't understand what we're getting at here.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #83 - April 06, 2014, 05:43 AM

I'm of the opinion that marriage only has as much meaning as people give it. I think that's what Ishina was getting at. Kinda like sex. To some people it's this deep, meaningful, spiritual experience and to others it's just getting off with another person. Saying marriage is just a "piece of paper" to someone who ascribes something deeper to it is akin to telling a Muslim the Quran is "just a bunch of words". It's a matter of personal beliefs whether there's more to it. Marriage is just a social construct anyway, it is whatever people want it to be. 

@ OP
    Sex outside of marriage is highly immoral, one of the most depraved things anyone can do. I mean, how can you lot condemn such innocuous and Allah-friendly sexual pastimes as (male) adultery, slave rape and pedophilia -- just to name a few -- but be down with premarital sex? 
     Reply #84 - April 06, 2014, 12:21 PM

I don't understand what we're getting at here.

That marriage is not just a formal contract or piece of paper for a lot of people. Simples.

Reply #85 - April 06, 2014, 03:04 PM

K, whatever floats your boats.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #86 - April 06, 2014, 04:00 PM

Exactly.

Reply #87 - April 06, 2014, 04:17 PM

My question is, is it morally acceptable to have sex while reading the Quran?
     Reply #88 - April 06, 2014, 05:42 PM

^ Yes。It’s even morally acceptable to jizz on the pages of an ‘arabi qur’an and instagram the results。
     Reply #89 - April 06, 2014, 11:35 PM

Every where I look I see bastards, bastard robins, bastard seaguls, bastard cats and dogs. They are all jahanami. Why aren't they forced to marry? Is it because I is special, I feel so special and close to allahs sweaty armpit.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »