Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs

(Read 122405 times)
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs
     OP - May 08, 2009, 01:28 PM

I've been collecting these for a while now. I thought I'd share it with others and if anyone wants to contribute then feel free to. (The text in italics are my comments).

Sex
    Allah's Apostle (Pbuh) said, " If a husband calls his wife to his bed (i.e. to have sexual relations) and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning." (Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 4 Hadith No. 460 & Sahih Muslim Vol. 2 Hadith No. 3368)

Allah's Messenger (Pbuh) said, " When a man calls his wife to satisfy his desire she must go to him even if she is occupied at the oven." (Al Tirmidhi Hadith No. 1160 & Ibn Ma'jah Hadith No. 4165)

(The man is not obligated to provide for the needs of the wife except once every 4 months, he is also within his rights to withhold sex as punishment. Mohammed himself exercised this right during the controversy over him sleeping with Maria in Hafsa's bed.

The man is not allowed to force the wife into bed with him (there is a hadith detailing that the man should not approach his wife like an animal), however if the man approaches her with kisses she is not allowed to refuse sex. There is no hadith indicating any type of punishment for those who rape their wives. There is no punishment in Shariah for those who rape their wives and as a result husbands are able to get away with this horrific act. Marital rape will not be accepted as a condition for divorce and as a result a woman has to live with the man who has abused her and will most likely continue abusing her.)

Marriage
    The prominent Saudi scholar Sheikh `Abdul-Rahman Al-Barrak states:
    It is not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry a kafir (non-Muslim), whether he is Jewish, Christian or an atheist because the man has authority over his wife, and it is not permissible for a kafir to have authority over a Muslim woman. There are decisive texts from the Qur?an which refer to the prohibition of such marriage. For example, Allah Almighty says, ?And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al Mushrikun (atheists) till they believe (in Allah Alone)? (Al-Baqarah: 221)
    And ?And never will Allah grant to the disbelievers a way (to triumph) over the believers? (An-Nisaa?: 141)

Women are not allowed to disobey their husbands (unless he is asking her to commit sin)-
    Quran, Pickthall 4:34: "Men are in charge of women, because Allah has made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded. As for those from whom you fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted, Great."

The claims that a man has to use a small stick (miswak) in order to beat his wife are ridiculous. The Quran clear states you are allowed to beat/scourge her, tapping with a stick does not constitute as a beating and does not fit the context of the the sura. Ibn Kathir translates it as a light beating.

Ibn Kathir on ill-conduct of wives-
    (As to those women on whose part you see ill conduct,) meaning, the woman from whom you see ill conduct with her husband, such as when she acts as if she is above her husband, disobeys him, ignores him, dislikes him, and so forth. When these signs appear in a woman, her husband should advise her and remind her of Allah's torment if she disobeys him. Indeed, Allah ordered the wife to obey her husband and prohibited her from disobeying him, because of the enormity of his rights and all that he does for her. The Messenger of Allah said, (If I were to command anyone to prostrate before anyone, I would have commanded the wife to prostrate before her husband, because of the enormity of his right upon her.) Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said, (If the man asks his wife to come to his bed and she declines, the angels will keep cursing her until the morning.) Muslim recorded it with the wording, (If the wife goes to sleep while ignoring her husband's bed, the angels will keep cursing her until the morning.) This is why Allah said, (As to those women on whose part you see ill conduct, admonish them (first)). Allah's statement, (abandon them in their beds,) `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said "The abandonment refers to not having intercourse with her, to lie on her bed with his back to her.'' Several others said similarly. As-Suddi, Ad-Dahhak, `Ikrimah, and Ibn `Abbas, in another narration, added, "Not to speak with her or talk to her.'' The Sunan and Musnad compilers recorded that Mu`awiyah bin Haydah Al-Qushayri said, "O Allah's Messenger! What is the right that the wife of one of us has on him'' The Prophet said, (To feed her when you eat, cloth her when you buy clothes for yourself, refrain from striking her face or cursing her, and to not abandon her, except in the house.) Allah's statement, (beat them) means, if advice and ignoring her in the bed do not produce the desired results, you are allowed to discipline the wife, without severe beating. Muslim recorded that Jabir said that during the Farewell Hajj, the Prophet said; (Fear Allah regarding women, for they are your assistants. You have the right on them that they do not allow any person whom you dislike to step on your mat. However, if they do that, you are allowed to discipline them lightly. They have a right on you that you provide them with their provision and clothes, in a reasonable manner.) Ibn `Abbas and several others said that the Ayah refers to a beating that is not violent. Al-Hasan Al-Basri said that it means, a beating that is not severe.

"She acts as if she is above her husband, disobeys him, ignores him, dislikes him", these acts are enough to gain you a beating according to Ibn Kathir. These are all normal behaviours that every human should have a right to yet god does not seem to think a women is worthy enough to have them, we are lower than men and we should prostate ourselves to him. How utterly benevolent of god.

Quran (4:3) If you fear that you might not treat the orphans justly, then marry the women that seem good to you: two, or three, or four.4 If you fear that you will not be able to treat them justly, then marry (only) one,5 or marry from among those whom your right hands possess.6 This will make it more likely that you will avoid injustice.

God has allowed men to marry up to 4 wives. The man does not need the first wife's permission in order to marry another neither does he need to inform her of it (Mohammed himself never informed his previous wives when he married another). This is the worst action a husband could possibly do to hurt his wife and he is not in the wrong for doing so according to god. God has given him every right to hurt his wife and make her feel like nothing. The wife does not get a say nor is this a good enough reason for her to be granted a divorce. Of course there are women who are ok with polygamy but they are far and few in number, most of whom would say no to polygamy under any other circumstances.
    Many muslims state that polygamy involving husband with many wives was well practised (yet the evidence for this is little) and Islam came to put a limit on the number of wives out of mercy. If this was the case then why not allow polyandry? That was also practised at the time where women would have several husbands, when she became pregnant she would choose a husband to be the father and he is not allowed to say no.

Degrading statements about women
    "A people ruled by a woman will never prosper."

"I do not shake the hands of women." (Sahih Malik, Ahmad, Al-Nasai, Al-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)

"By Allah, the hand of the Messenger of Allah (SAW) never touched another woman (other than his wives). He used to take their pledges verbally only." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

"O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allah), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc.) would be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner." (Al-Ahzab 33:32)

"A woman does not travel except with a Mahram." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)[/quote]

Wives of the prophet
    Quran 033.032
    PICKTHAL: O ye wives of the Prophet! Ye are not like any other women. If ye keep your duty (to Allah), then be not soft of speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease aspire (to you), but utter customary speech.  And stay in your houses. Bedizen not yourselves with the bedizenment of the Time of Ignorance. Be regular in prayer, and pay the poor-due, and obey Allah and His messenger. Allah's wish is but to remove uncleanness far from you, O Folk of the Household, and cleanse you with a thorough cleansing.

Mohammed
    From "The Life of Muhammad" (Sirat Rasul Allah) by Ibn Ishaq:
    Suhayli, ii. 79: In the riwaya of Yunus I. I. recorded that the apostle saw her (Ummu'lFadl) when she was a baby crawling before him and said, 'If she grows up and I am still alive I will marry her.' But he died before she grew up and Sufyan b. al-Aswad b. 'Abdu'l-Asad al-Makhzumi married her and she bore him Rizq and Lubab...

Mohammed's wives were not allowed to remarry after his death. Marrying this child so soon before his death is absolutely vile and cruel.

Violence
     Here is the tafsir by Ibn Abbas concerning 9:05.

(Then, when the sacred months have passed) then after the day of immolation when the month of Muharram passes, (slay the idolaters) whose treaty is for fifty days (wherever ye find them) whether in the Sacred Precinct or outside it, during the sacred months or at any other time, (and take them (captive)) imprison them, (and besiege them) in their homes, (and prepare for them each ambush) on every road they tread for trade. (But if they repent) from idolatry and believe in Allah (and establish worship) and acknowledge the five daily prayers (and pay the poor-due) acknowledge the payment of the poor-due, (then leave their way free) if they wish to go to the House of Allah. (Lo! Allah is Forgiving) He forgives whoever repents, (Merciful) towards whosoever dies in a state of repentance.

Torturous punishment
    Bhukari: Volume 4, Book 52, Number 261:
    Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A group of eight men from the tribe of 'Ukil came to the Prophet and then they found the climate of Medina unsuitable for them. So, they said, "O Allah's Apostle! Provide us with some milk." Allah's Apostle said, "I recommend that you should join the herd of camels." So they went and drank the urine and the milk of the camels (as a medicine) till they became healthy and fat. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels, and they became unbelievers after they were Muslims. When the Prophet was informed by a shouter for help, he sent some men in their pursuit, and before the sun rose high, they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and whey were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Medina). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died (Abu Qilaba, a sub-narrator said, "They committed murder and theft and fought against Allah and His Apostle, and spread evil in the land.")

Slavery
    Ibn Kathir's commentary on the Quran verse-  force not your slave-girls to prostitution:
    Among the people of the Jahiliyyah, there were some who, if he had a slave-girl, he would send her out to commit Zina and would charge money for that, which he would take from her every time. When Islam came, Allah forbade the believers to do that?...

Muslims like to use this verse to show the slaves had a choice in whether or not they want to have sex with their master but that is not what the verse actually means. It is referring to actual prostitution.

Sex with married slaves
    Surah 4:24 Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess.

Ibn Kathir-
    The phrase ?and those (slaves) whom your right hand possesses ? whom Allaah has given to you? [al-Ahzaab 33:50] means, it is permissible for you take concubines from among those whom you seized as war booty. He took possession of Safiyyah and Juwayriyah and he freed them and married them; he took possession of Rayhaanah bint Sham?oon al-Nadariyyah and Maariyah al-Qibtiyyah, the mother of his son Ibraaheem (peace be upon them both), and they were among his concubines, may Allaah be pleased with them both.
    Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/500

Sex with captives: "Abu Sai?d al-Khudri said : The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur?anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period.(1479)" Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2150 p.577

"After the distribution of the spoils of war a man may have intercourse with the female slave after passing one menstrual period, if she is not pregnant. If she is pregnant one should wait till she delivers the child. This is the view held by Malik, al-Shafi?i and Abu Thawr. Abu Hanifah holds that if both the husband and wife are captivated together, their marriage tie still continues; they will not be separated. According to the majority of scholars, they will be separated. Al-Awza-i maintains that their marriage tie will continue till they remain part of the spoils of war. If a man buys them, he may separate them if he desires, and cohabit with the female slave after one menstrual period. (?Awn al-Ma?bud II.213)" Note that Mohammed married Safiyah right after the battle. Abu Dawud vol.2 footnote 1479 p.577-578.

More on slavery
    Bukhari - Volume 7, Book 62, Number 137:
    Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
    We got female captives in the war booty and we used to do coitus interruptus with them. So we asked Allah's Apostle about it and he said, "Do you really do that?" repeating the question thrice, "There is no soul that is destined to exist but will come into existence, till the Day of Resurrection."

Abd Dawud - Book 11, Number 2153:
    Narrated Ruwayfi' ibn Thabit al-Ansari:
    Should I tell you what I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say on the day of Hunayn: It is not lawful for a man who believes in Allah and the last day to water what another has sown with his water (meaning intercourse with women who are pregnant); it is not lawful for a man who believes in Allah and the Last Day to have intercourse with a captive woman till she is free from a menstrual course; and it is not lawful for a man who believes in Allah and the Last Day to sell spoil till it is divided.

Malik 496:1540
    A man went on a journey with the slave-girl of his wife and went into her. The envious wife reported it to Umar who said the husband would be stoned unless the slave girl was owned by him. The wife spoke out to save him: "I had given her as a gift."

Buhkari - Volume 8, Book 73, Number 68:
    Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zam'a:
    The Prophet forbade laughing at a person who passes wind, and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then he may embrace (sleep with) her?" And Hisham said, "As he beats his slave"
    (Indicating slaves were not treated well and can be subjected to harsh treatment)

Bukhari - Volume 5, Book 59, Number 637:
    Narrated Buraida:
    The Prophet sent 'Ali to Khalid to bring the Khumus (of the booty) and I hated Ali, and 'Ali had taken a bath (after a sexual act with a slave-girl from the Khumus). I said to Khalid, "Don't you see this (i.e. Ali)?" When we reached the Prophet I mentioned that to him. He said, "O Buraida! Do you hate Ali?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Do you hate him, for he deserves more than that from the Khumlus."

Sex with slaves girls is halal, a master is allowed to beat his slave girl if he/she is disobedient. A slave girl may be beaten if she refuses sex to her master just as a wife may be beaten if she refuses sex with her husband. Both acts are halal.

Salamah was given a captive girl and had not yet "untied her garment" Mohammed took the woman from Salamah and gave her to the Meccans to ransom Muslim prisoners. Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2691 p.749-750.

No justice
    Book 38, Number 4348:

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:

A blind man had a wife who used to abuse the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was informed about it.

He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.

He sat before the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.

Thereupon the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.
    Abu Dawood.

Slandering the Prophet is enough for a death sentence. Vigilante attacks are approved by the Prophet. No trial is needed to prove the woman's innocence. The prophet takes the man for his word, he does not do any background checks to make sure the man was telling the truth. So much for a fair trial.

Tortured for treasure
    Kinana al-Rabi, who had the custody of the treasure of Banu Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came (Tabari says "was brought"), to the apostle and said that he had seen Kinana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kinana, "Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?" He said "Yes". The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr Al-Awwam, "Torture him until you extract what he has." So he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud
    (Ibn Hisham. Al-Sira al-Nabawiyya (The Life of The Prophet). English translation in Guillaume (1955), pp. 145,146)

• Re: Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs
     Reply #1 - May 08, 2009, 01:29 PM

Left handed people
    Sahih Muslim Book 23 Book of Drinks- Kitab al Ashriba

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: Do not eat with your left hand, for the Satan eats with his left hand.

Book 023, Number 5008:
    Ibn 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When any one of you intends to eat (meal), he should eat with his right hand. and when he (intends) to drink he should drink with his right hand, for the Satan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.

Mohammed has demonised left-handed people for something they cannot choose to do. If a person is forced to write with his\her right hand it can lead to stammering.

Not so scientific
    Fatima married her first cousin, Ali. Inbreeding has a higher chance of causing genetic abnormalities, especially consistent inbreeding. By allowing Fatima to marry Ali, Mohammed has made it seem perfectly fine (possibly even encouraged) first cousin marriage.

Problems in Saudi due to inbreeding-
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=980DE0DF1F3DF932A35756C0A9659C8B63
    Problems in Pakistan
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/4442010.stm

It is ironic that first cousin marriages are ok yet those who have been suckled by the same person are not allowed to marry-
    ]Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 48, Number 828:
    Narrated 'Uqba bin Al-Harith:

I married a woman and later on a woman came and said, "I suckled you both." So, I went to the Prophet (to ask him about it). He said, "How can you (keep her as a wife) when it has been said (that you were foster brother and sister)? Leave (divorce) her.

Satisfying the Prophet
    Sahih Muslim -

Book 008, Number 3454:
    Hisham reported on the authority of his father that 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) used to say: Does the woman not feel shy of offering herself to a man? Then Allah the Exalted and Glorious revealed this verse:" You may defer any of them you wish and take to yourself any you wish." I ('A'isha said): It seems to me that your Lord hastens to satisfy your desire.
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/008.smt.html#008.3453

Marriage is allowed to people of all ages, including those children who have not yet menstruated-
    (65:4) The waiting period of those of your women who have lost all expectation of menstruation shall be three months in case you entertain any doubt; and the same shall apply to those who have not yet menstruated. As for pregnant women, their waiting period shall be until the delivery of their burden. Allah will create ease for him who fears Allah.

(The waiting period only applies if they marriage has been consummated)

Confining women to their homes
    Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission.  Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Racism
    I heard the Apostle say: Whoever wants to see Satan should look at Nabtal!' He was a black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks?. Allah sent down concerning him: ?To those who annoy the Prophet there is a painful doom." [9:61] "Gabriel came to Muhammad and said, ?If a black man comes to you his heart is more gross than a donkey's.'Ishaq 243

Shem, the son of Noah was the father of the Arabs, the Persians, and the Greeks; Ham was the father of the Black Africans; and Japheth was the father of the Turks and of Gog and Magog who were cousins of the Turks. Noah prayed that the prophets and apostles would be descended from Shem and kings would be from Japheth. He prayed that the Africans color would change so that their descendants would be slaves to the Arabs and Turks.
    Tabari II 11

Ham [Africans] begat all those who are black and curly-haired, while Japheth [Turks] begat all those who are full-faced with small eyes, and Shem [Arabs] begat everyone who is handsome of face with beautiful hair. Noah prayed that the hair of Ham?s descendants would not grow beyond their ears, and that whenever his descendants met Shem?s, the latter would enslave them.Tabari II 21

Jealousy
    The prophet Muhammad saw said 'A Dayooth will not enter Jannah.' The Sahabah asked, 'Who is a Dayooth?' Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, 'A man who does not care who visits his wife (i.e. men).'

Ibn Al-Qayyim, Rahimahullaah, said:
    "And the Dayyouth (the man with no jealousy over the women in his family) is the most vile of Allah's creation, and Jannah is forbidden for him, (because of his lack of Ghayrah - jealousy).
    http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/docs/translations/

On this topic, a famous historical incident is mentioned, so that males and females with a sense of honor and enthusiasm may know how the pious predecessors despised a woman unveiling her face before men, although in the following instance it was permissible to unveil the face. During the third century Hijri, the Qaadi (judge) of Rayy and Ahwaaz, Musa bin Ishaaq, sat to adjudicate people's disputes. Among the litigants was a woman who claimed five hundred dinars Mahr from her husband. The husband denied the claim. The Qaadi said to the husband, "Bring your witnesses." The husband said, "I have brought them." The Qaadi said to one of the witnesses, "Look at the wife so you may point her out during testimony." The witness stood up and said to the woman, "Stand." Upon this, the husband said, "What do you want from her?" The husband was told, "It is necessary that the witness sees your wife unveiled so that he may know that it is your wife." The husband detested his wife unveiling her face for the witnesses in public. He screamed, saying, "I make the Qaadi my witness that this Mahr of my wife is an obligation on me, and she must not unveil her face!" When the wife heard this, she thought it was wonderful that her husband disapproved of her unveiling her face before the witnesses, and was protecting her from the sight of people. She too screamed at the Qaadi, "I make you a witness that I have granted my Mahr to him, and have absolved him in this Dunyaa and the Aakhirah!" The Qaadi said to those around him, "Record this as a moral standard." - Taken from Tarbiyat Al-Awlaaad Fil Islaam

Al-Tabari and other scholars said: Jealousy on the part of women is to be overlooked and they are not to be punished for it because it is part of their nature.

Men are allowed to be jealous and act upon it while a woman's jealousy is to be overlooked. Hypocritical much?!

Wife beating
    "Narrated Ikrima: 'Rifaa divorced his wife whereupon Abdur-Rahman married her. Aisha said that the lady came wearing a green veil and complained to her (Aisha) and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating. It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's messenger came, Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes! When Abdur-Rahman heard that his wife had gone to the prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him, but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment. Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's messenger! She has told a lie. I am very strong and can satisfy her, but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifaa." Allah's messenger said to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifaa unless Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." The prophet saw two boys with Abdur-Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that Abdur-Rahman said, "Yes." The prophet said, "You claim what you claim (that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow.""

There is a likelyhood that the beating in this story is a made-up as none of the other hadiths concerning this mentioned the viruses. However it is interesting that Bhukari did not seem to question this fact and included this hadith anyway. Were beatings like this considered acceptable or did Bhukari make a mistake? One should consider why hadiths are included before dismissing them as unauthentic simply because they do not like the content.

Mohammed hit Aisha across the chest with his hand-
    Sahih Muslim #2127:

?When it was my turn for Allah's Messenger to spend the night with me, he turned his side, put on his mantle and took off his shoes and placed them near his feet, and spread the corner of his shawl on his bed and then lay down till he thought that I had gone to sleep. He took hold of his mantle slowly and put on the shoes slowly, and opened the door and went out and then closed it lightly. I covered my head, put on my veil and tightened my waist wrapper, and then went out following his steps till he reached Baqi'. He stood there and he stood for a long time. He then lifted his hands three times, and then returned and I also returned. He hastened his steps and I also hastened my steps. He ran and I too ran. He came (to the house) and I also came (to the house). I, however, preceded him and I entered (the house), and as I lay down in the bed, he (the Holy Prophet) entered the (house), and said: Why is it, O 'Aisha, that you are out of breath? I said: There is nothing. He said: Tell me or the Subtle and the Aware would inform me. I said: Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be ransom for you, and then I told him (the whole story). He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?

More on beatings
    Abu Dawood:2142 - "The Prophet said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."

Abu Dawood:2141 - "Iyas bin ?Abd Allah bin Abi Dhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah?s handmaidens, but when ?Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them. Then many women came round the family of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) complaining against their husbands. So the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said : Many women have gone round Muhammad?s family complaining against their husbands. They (men) are not the best among you."  

This last one takes the piss. Mo gave men permission to beat their wives and then he tells them they are not the best among them!

Women
    Sahih Al Bukhari (Part 1, Hadith No. 28): "Women are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds done them).  If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking) she will say, "I have never received any good from you"

Sahih Al Bukhari (Part 7, Hadith No. 113): "The woman is like a rib; if you try to straighten her, she will break. So if you want to get benefit from her, do so while she still has some crookedness."  

Deficient women
    Sahih Bukhari
    Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301:
    Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

Sahih Bukhari
    Volume 2, Book 24, Number 541:
    Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri

On 'Id ul Fitr or 'Id ul Adha Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) went out to the Musalla. After finishing the prayer, he delivered the sermon and ordered the people to give alms. He said, "O people! Give alms." Then he went towards the women and said. "O women! Give alms, for I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-Fire were you (women)." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the reason for it?" He replied, "O women! You curse frequently, and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. O women, some of you can lead a cautious wise man astray." Then he left. And when he reached his house, Zainab, the wife of Ibn Masud, came and asked permission to enter It was said, "O Allah's Apostle! It is Zainab." He asked, 'Which Zainab?" The reply was that she was the wife of Ibn Mas'ub. He said, "Yes, allow her to enter." And she was admitted. Then she said, "O Prophet of Allah! Today you ordered people to give alms and I had an ornament and intended to give it as alms, but Ibn Masud said that he and his children deserved it more than anybody else." The Prophet replied, "Ibn Masud had spoken the truth. Your husband and your children had more right to it than anybody else."

Outnumbering others by birth
    Abu Dawood Book 11, Number 2045:
    Narrated Ma'qil ibn Yasar:

A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: I have found a woman of rank and beauty, but she does not give birth to children. Should I marry her? He said: No. He came again to him, but he prohibited him. He came to him third time, and he (the Prophet) said: Marry women who are loving and very prolific, for I shall outnumber the peoples by you.

Enslaving an innocent child-
    Dawud: Book 11, Number 2126:Narrated Basrah: A man from the Ansar called Basrah said: I married a virgin woman in her veil. When I entered upon her, I found her pregnant. (I mentioned this to the Prophet). The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: She will get the dower, for you made her vagina lawful for you. The child will be your slave. When she has begotten (a child), flog her (according to the version of al-Hasan). The version of Ibn AbusSari has: You people, flog her, or said: inflict hard punishment on him.

Umar the perv
    Sahih Bukhari 8:74:257

"Narrated 'Aisha:
    (the wife of the Prophet) 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to say to Allah's Apostle "Let your wives be veiled" But he did not do so. The wives of the Prophet used to go out to answer the call of nature at night only at Al-Manasi.' Once Sauda, the daughter of Zam'a went out and she was a tall woman. 'Umar bin Al-Khattab saw her while he was in a gathering, and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda!" He ('Umar) said so as he was anxious for some Divine orders regarding the veil (the veiling of women.) So Allah revealed the Verse of veiling. (Al-Hijab; a complete body cover excluding the eyes).

Women's pubic region
    Sahih Bukhari:Volume 7, Book 62, Number 173:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "If you enter (your town) at night (after coming from a journey), do not enter upon your family till the woman whose husband was absent (from the house) shaves her pubic hair and the woman with unkempt hair, combs her hair" Allah's Apostle further said, "(O Jabir!) Seek to have offspring, seek to have offspring!"

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 16:

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah:
    While we were returning from a Ghazwa (Holy Battle) with the Prophet, I started driving my camel fast, as it was a lazy camel A rider came behind me and pricked my camel with a spear he had with him, and then my camel started running as fast as the best camel you may see. Behold! The rider was the Prophet himself. He said, 'What makes you in such a hurry?" I replied, I am newly married " He said, "Did you marry a virgin or a matron? I replied, "A matron." He said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you may play with her and she with you?" When we were about to enter (Medina), the Prophet said, "Wait so that you may enter (Medina) at night so that the lady of unkempt hair may comb her hair and the one whose husband has been absent may shave her pubic region.

Women compared to the devil
    Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3240:

Jabir reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saw a woman, and so he came to his wife, Zainab, as she was tanning a leather and had sexual intercourse with her. He then went to his Companions and told them: The woman advances and retires in the shape of a devil, so when one of you sees a woman, he should come to his wife, for that will repel what he feels in his heart.

Reply #2 - May 08, 2009, 01:29 PM

Prostitution
    Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3253:

Rabi' b. Sabra reported that his father went on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during the Victory of Mecca, and we stayed there for fifteen days (i. e. for thirteen full days and a day and a night), and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted us to contract temporary marriage with women. So I and another person of my tribe went out, and I was more handsome than he, whereas he was almost ugly. Each one of us had a cloaks, My cloak was worn out, whereas the cloak of my cousin was quite new. As we reached the lower or the upper side of Mecca, we came across a young woman like a young smart long-necked she-camel. We said: Is it possible that one of us may contract temporary marriage with you? She said: What will you give me as a dower? Each one of us spread his cloak. She began to cast a glance on both the persons. My companion also looked at her when she was casting a glance at her side and he said: This cloak of his is worn out, whereas my cloak is quite new. She, however, said twice or thrice: There is no harm in (accepting) this cloak (the old one). So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) declared it forbidden.
    Mohammed allowed prostitution till he changed his mind.

Punishment for apostates

Narrated Ikrima: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' " [Sahih Bukhari: Book 52, Hadith 260]

Bukhari, volume 9, #17

"Narrated Abdullah: Allah's Messenger said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Messenger, cannot be shed except in three cases: in Qisas (equality in punishment) for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (Apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

Bukhari, volume 9, #57

Narrated Ikrima, "Some atheists were brought to Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's messenger forbade it, saying, "Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire)." I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Messenger, "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him."

Bukhari, volume 9, #58

Narrated Abu Bruda, "Abu Musa said.....Behold there was a fettered man beside Abu Musa. Muadh asked, "Who is this (man)?" Abu Musa said, "He was a Jew and became a Muslim and hen reverted back to Judaism." Then Abu Musa requested Muadh to sit down but Muadh said, "I will not sit down till he has been killed. This is the judgment of Allah and his messenger," and repeated it thrice. Then Abu Musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed. Abu Musa added, "Then we discussed the night prayers .....

Attacking the defenceless
    Narrated Ibn Aun: I wrote a letter to Nafi and Nafi wrote in reply to my letter that the Prophet had suddenly attacked Bani Mustaliq without warning while they were heedless and their cattle were being watered at the places of water. Their fighting men were killed and their women and children were taken as captives; the Prophet got Juwairiya on that day. Nafi said that Ibn 'Umar had told him the above narration and that Ibn 'Umar was in that army. [Sahih Bukhari: Book 46, Hadith 717]

Sahih Muslim
    Book 019, Number 4292:
    Ibn 'Aun reported: I wrote to Nafi' inquiring from him whether it was necessary to extend (to the disbelievers) an invitation to accept (Islam) before m". ing them in fight. He wrote (in reply) to me that it was necessary in the early days of Islam. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) made a raid upon Banu Mustaliq while they were unaware and their cattle were having a drink at the water. He killed those who fought and imprisoned others. On that very day, he captured Juwairiya bint al-Harith. Nafi' said that this tradition was related to him by Abdullah b. Umar who (himself) was among the raiding troops.

Book 019, Number 4293:
    This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Aun and the name of Juwairiya bint al-Harith was mentioned beyond any doubt.

Booty
    Tabari VIII:38 "The Messenger divided the wealth, wives, and children of the Banu Qurayza Jews among the Muslims."

A sword is a sufficient witness
    Sunan Abu Dawood
    Book 38, Number 4403:
    Narrated Ubadah ibn as-Samit:

The tradition mentioned above (No. 4401) has also been transmitted by Ubadah ibn as-Samit through a different chain of narrators.

This version has: The people said to Sa'd ibn Ubadah: AbuThabit, the prescribed punishments have been revealed: if you find a man with your wife, what will you do?

He said: I shall strike them with a sword so much that they become silent (i.e. die). Should I go and gather four witnesses? Until that (time) the need would be fulfilled.

So they went away and gathered with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! did you not see AbuThabit. He said so-and-so.

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: The sword is a sufficient witness. He then said: No, no, a furious and a jealous man may follow this course.

Reply #3 - May 08, 2009, 01:49 PM

Sad's "Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir", volume 1, pages 438, 439.
    (I have omitted the isnaad and the obligatory blessing on Muhammad):

?The apostle of Allah said, "Gabriel brought a kettle from which I ate and I was given the power of sexual intercourse to forty men."

?The apostle of Allah was given the power to equal to that of forty men and the people of paradise will be given the power equal to eighty men

?The prophet was granted the power of sexual intercourse to that of forty men.

Ibn Kathir commenting on 56:35-37 says regarding the amount of times a man can have sex in one day in Paradise:

(In Paradise, the believer will be given such and such strength for women.) Anas said, "I asked, `O Allah's Messenger! Will one be able to do that' He said,

(He will be given the strength of a hundred (men).)'' At-Tirmidhi also recorded it and said, "Sahih Gharib.'' Abu Al-Qasim At-Tabarani recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah was asked, "O Allah's Messenger! Will we have sexual intercourse with our wives in Paradise'' He said,

(The man will be able to have sexual intercourse with a hundred virgins in one day.) Al-Hafiz Abu `Abdullah Al-Maqdisi said, "In my view, this Hadith meets the criteria of the Sahih, and Allah knows best.'' Allah's statement,

(`Urub,) Sa`id bin Jubayr reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "They are in an infatuated state with their husbands, haven't you ever seen a she-camel in heat? She is like that.'' Ad-Dahhak reported from Ibn `Abbas who said, "The Urub and their husbands are their sweet hearts, and they are their husbands' sweet hearts.'' Similar was said by `Abdullah bin Sarjis, Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Abu Al-`Aliyah, Yahya bin Abi Kathir, `Atiyah, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, Ad-Dahhak and others. Ad-Dahhak reported from Ibn `Abbas;

Muhammad claimed he was gifted to perform sexually 40 times a day and that men in Paradise can have sex up to 80 or 100 times a day. Do the math - 100 times a day is over four times an hour for 24 hours. That this doesn?t leave much time for anything else does it? Muhammad promised unlimited sex. So, what do you think was on Muhammad?s mind?

By the way I don't have any problems with sex! and I don't have a problem with the above hadith but some women might! the more sex the better I say.
     Reply #4 - May 08, 2009, 01:52 PM

Tut, I'm sure even you would tire of having sex 4 times an hour for the rest of eternity!
     Reply #5 - May 08, 2009, 01:54 PM

Tut, I'm sure even you would tire of having sex 4 times an hour for the rest of eternity!

Not unless if I had a permanent erection. But yeah I see your point 4 - 8 times is more then enough.
     Reply #6 - May 08, 2009, 01:58 PM

Why aren't the colours showing up in my OPs?
     Reply #7 - May 08, 2009, 02:00 PM

We decided to remove the option for different coloured text because we have so many differnt coloured themes, it's simpler that way.

I know you changed it to green, but there are themes that would clash with the green too.

Just bold, Italicise and underline, that way no one gets affected.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #8 - May 08, 2009, 02:00 PM

Sticky sticky?

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #9 - May 08, 2009, 02:04 PM

We decided to remove the option for different coloured text because we have so many differnt coloured themes, it's simpler that way.

I know you changed it to green, but there are themes that would clash with the green too.

Just bold, Italicise and underline, that way no one gets affected.  Smiley

Ah, I'll quoted them then. I hate italics and underlining.
     Reply #10 - May 08, 2009, 02:09 PM

Whatever you fancy. As long as everyone can read it that's all that matters.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #11 - May 08, 2009, 02:38 PM

Whatever you fancy. As long as everyone can read it that's all that matters.

Give is permission to attach files, I will make an image out of the webpage, and upload it, would make it easier to read.
     Reply #12 - May 08, 2009, 04:47 PM

Divorce
    YUSUFALI: A divorce is only permissible twice: after that, the parties should either hold Together on equitable terms, or separate with kindness. It is not lawful for you, (Men), to take back any of your gifts (from your wives), except when both parties fear that they would be unable to keep the limits ordained by Allah. If ye (judges) do indeed fear that they would be unable to keep the limits ordained by Allah, there is no blame on either of them if she give something for her freedom. These are the limits ordained by Allah; so do not transgress them if any do transgress the limits ordained by Allah, such persons wrong (Themselves as well as others).

Sahih Muslim
    Book 009, Number 3493:
    Abu al-Sahba' said to Ibn 'Abbas: Enlighten us with your information whether the three divorces (pronounced at one and the same time) were not treated as one during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and Abu Bakr. He said: It was in fact so, but when during the caliphate of 'Umar (Allah be pleased with him) people began to pronounce divorce frequently, he allowed them to do so (to treat pronouncements of three divorces in a single breath as one).

A husband is allowed to divorce the wife simply by saying talaq three times. The wife on the other hand has to prove her case to a court. If the wife wishes to divorce she has to give her dowry back (even if she has been mistreated in the marriage).

The talaq option given to men can be very easily abused and used as blackmail against the wife (if uttered once or twice). Husbands can easily divorce their wives yet women find it very difficult to get their divorces approved in court as she needs a good reason.

Bhukari
    Volume 7, Book 63, Number 178:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

that he had divorced his wife while she was menstruating during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle . 'Umar bin Al-Khattab asked Allah's Apostle about that. Allah's Apostle said, "Order him (your son) to take her back and keep her till she is clean and then to wait till she gets her next period and becomes clean again, whereupon, if he wishes to keep her, he can do so, and if he wishes to divorce her he can divorce her before having sexual intercourse with her; and that is the prescribed period which Allah has fixed for the women meant to be divorced."

There is a 3 month waiting period for divorce and the husband is free to take her back during that period if he wishes, the wife has no choice in the matter, if the husband decides to take her back she is not allowed to say no.

Reply #13 - May 08, 2009, 06:38 PM

People often argue that the Prophet said not to hit a woman so hard that it would cause pain (that episode of him hitting Aisha in the chest I've heard construed as 'playing around')

But she was hit in the presence of the Prophet by the companions, and nothing ever came of it:

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 828:
    Narrated Aisha:

Abu Bakr came to towards me and struck me violently with his fist and said, "You have detained the people because of your necklace." But I remained motionless as if I was dead lest I should awake Allah's Apostle although that hit was very painful.

Sahih Muslim #3506:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: Abu Bakr came and sought permission to see Allah's Messenger. He found people sitting at his door and none amongst them had been granted permission, but it was granted to Abu Bakr and he went in. Then came 'Umar and he sought permission and it was granted to him, and he found Allah's Apostle sitting sad and silent with his wives around him. He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: I would say something which would make the Holy Prophet laugh, so he said: Messenger of Allah, I wish you had seen (the treatment meted out to) the daughter of Kharija when she asked me some money, and I got up and slapped her on her neck. Allah's Messenger laughed and said: They are around me as you see, asking for extra money. Abu Bakr then got up went to 'Aisha and slapped her on the neck, and 'Umar stood up before Hafsa and slapped her saying: You ask Allah's Messenger which he does not possess. They said: By Allah, we do not ask Allah's Messenger for anything he does not possess?.
     Reply #14 - May 08, 2009, 07:19 PM

Terrific job Peruvian! Afro
    This should be a sticky as Zaephon said.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #15 - May 10, 2009, 08:04 AM

:flasehad:

If one were to show our conservative Muslim buddies, their replies would range from "Allah knows best" to "If Prophet did it, then we must follow it" to "These are all lies by the Kuffar, Yahood, and Nusara against Muslims"

Roll Eyes

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #16 - May 10, 2009, 09:13 AM

Terrific job Peruvian! Afro
    This should be a sticky as Zaephon said.

+1

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #17 - May 10, 2009, 11:46 AM

Tis now on the front page with the other articles. Formatting could still do with a tidy up but it's pretty good for a start.

"Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs" by Peruvian Skies

Reply #18 - May 29, 2009, 02:01 PM

Nice one Os - how do we update them (I could not see the edit tool)?

Also any thoughts on the below (in reference to Hassan's videos http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=5483.0) ?

Mods - is that ok by you? Also do we have the disk space to save them there in their entirety, rather than simply a youtube link, in case some mullah working their decides to delete them..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - May 29, 2009, 02:40 PM

Virgins silence means yes
    Aboo Hurayrah () reported that Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A (virgin) orphan girl's permission should be sought in regard to herself (i.e., in marriage); if she remains silent, that counts as her permission; and if she expresses her refusal, she may not be forced against her will. [Recorded by Aboo Dawud, an-Nasa'i, and others. Verified to be authentic by al-Albani (Sahih ul-Jami' no. 1349, 8194 & lrwa'ul-Ghalil no. 1834]

Women, don't stamp your feet!
    And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband?s fathers, or their sons, or their husband?s sons, or their brothers or their brother?s sons, or their sister?s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful?
    [al-Noor 24:31]

Beating wives
    Sunan Abu Dawud
    Book 13, Number 2453:

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:
    A woman came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) while we were with him.
    She said: Apostle of Allah, my husband, Safwan ibn al-Mu'attal, beats me when I pray, and makes me break my fast when I keep a fast, and he does not offer the dawn prayer until the sun rises.
    He asked Safwan, who was present, about what she had said. He replied: Apostle of Allah, as for her statement "he beats me when I pray", she recites two surahs (during prayer) and I have prohibited her (to do so).
    He (the Prophet) said: If one surah is recited (during prayer), that is sufficient for the people.
    (Safwan continued:) As regards her saying "he makes me break my fast," she dotes on fasting; I am a young man, I cannot restrain myself.
    The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said on that day: A woman should not fast except with the permission of her husband.
    (Safwan said:) As for her statement that I do not pray until the sun rises, we are a people belonging to a class, and that (our profession of supplying water) is already known about us. We do not awake until the sun rises. He said: When you awake, offer your prayer.

Tahtheeb al-athar, Tabari:
    "It is narrated from Asma bint Abu Bakr who said, "I was the fourth of four wives of al-Zubair. Whenever he would reprimand one of us, he would break off a branch from the wooden clothes hangers and beat her with it until he broke it over her."

Bhukari
    Volume 8, Book 73, Number 68:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zam'a:
    The Prophet forbade laughing at a person who passes wind, and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then he may embrace (sleep with) her?" And Hisham said, "As he beats his slave"

Abu Dawood
    Book 1, Number 0142:

...I (the narrator Laqit) then said: Messenger of Allah, I have a wife who has something (wrong) in her tongue, i.e. she is insolent. He said: Then divorce her. I said: Messenger of Allah, she had company with me and I have children from her. He said: Then ask her (to obey you). If there is something good in her, she will do so (obey); and do not beat your wife as you beat your slave-girl...

Taking woman's property at legitimate divorce
    Abu Dawood
    Book 12, Number 2220:

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

Habibah daughter of Sahl was the wife of Thabit ibn Qays Shimmas He beat her and broke some of her part. So she came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) after morning, and complained to him against her husband. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) called on Thabit ibn Qays and said (to him): Take a part of her property and separate yourself from her. He asked: Is that right, Apostle of Allah? He said: Yes. He said: I have given her two gardens of mine as a dower, and they are already in her possession. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Take them and separate yourself from her.

Ansari women
    Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 43, Number 648
    Narrated ?Abdullah bin ?Abbas:
    ?Then ?Umar went on relating the narration and said. "I and an Ansari neighbor of mine from Bani Umaiya bin Zaid who used to live in 'Awali Al-Medina, used to visit the Prophet in turns. He used to go one day, and I another day. When I went I would bring him the news of what had happened that day regarding the instructions and orders and when he went, he used to do the same for me. We, the people of Quraish, used to have authority over women, but when we came to live with the Ansar, we noticed that the Ansari women had the upper hand over their men, so our women started acquiring the habits of the Ansari women. Once I shouted at my wife and she paid me back in my coin and I disliked that she should answer me back. She said, ?Why do you take it ill that I retort upon you? By Allah, the wives of the Prophet retort upon him, and some of them may not speak with him for the whole day till night.? What she said scared me and I said to her, ?Whoever amongst them does so, will be a great loser.? ? So, I entered upon the Prophet and saw him lying on a mat without bedding on it, and the mat had left its mark on the body of the Prophet, and he was leaning on a leather pillow stuffed with palm fibres. I greeted him and while still standing, I said: "Have you divorced your wives?" He raised his eyes to me and replied in the negative. And then while still standing, I said chatting: "Will you heed what I say, O Allah?s Apostle! We, the people of Quraish used to have the upper hand over our women (wives), and when we came to the people whose women had the upper hand over them?"

Dowry; legalising the vagina
    Book 11, Number 2121:

Narrated A man from the Companion of the Prophet:

Muhammad ibn AbdurRahman ibn Thawban reported on the authority of a man from the Companions of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him): When Ali married Fatimah, daughter of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), he intended to have intercourse with her. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) prohibited him to do so until he gave her something. Ali said: I have nothing with me, Apostle of Allah. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Give her your coat of mail. So he gave her his coat of mail, and then cohabited with her.

Book 11, Number 2126:

Narrated Basrah:

A man from the Ansar called Basrah said: I married a virgin woman in her veil. When I entered upon her, I found her pregnant. (I mentioned this to the Prophet). The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: She will get the dower, for you made her vagina lawful for you. The child will be your slave. When she has begotten (a child), flog her (according to the version of al-Hasan). The version of Ibn AbusSari has: You people, flog her, or said: inflict hard punishment on him.

Book 11, Number 2138:

Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Haydah:

I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her.

Mahram
    Bhukari

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "A woman should not travel for more than three days except with a Dhi-Mahram (i.e. a male with whom she cannot marry at all, e.g. her brother, father, grandfather, etc.) or her own husband.)"

Narrated Ibn'Umar: The Prophet said, "A woman should not travel for more than three days except with a Dhi-Mahram."

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to travel for one day and night except with a Mahram."

Separating wife from latter husband to previous one
    Abu Dawood
    Book 12, Number 2230:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

A man came after embracing Islam during the time of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). Afterwards his wife came after embracing Islam. He said: Apostle of Allah, she embraced Islam along with me; so restore her to me.

Book 12, Number 2231:
    Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

A woman embraced Islam during the time of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him); she then married. Her (former) husband then came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah, I have already embraced Islam, and she had the knowledge about my Islam. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) took her away from her latter husband and restored her to her former husband.

Don't mourn for more than 3 days unless for the husband
    Bhukari
    Volume 2, Book 23, Number 369:

Narrated Muhammad bin Sirin:

One of the sons of Um 'Atiyya died, and when it was the third day she asked for a yellow perfume and put it over her body, and said, "We were forbidden to mourn for more than three days except for our husbands."

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 370:
    Narrated Zainab bint Abi Salama:

When the news of the death of Abu Sufyan reached from Sham, Um Habiba on the third day, asked for a yellow perfume and scented her cheeks and forearms and said, "No doubt, I would not have been in need of this, had I not heard the Prophet saying: "It is not legal for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to mourn for more than three days for any dead person except her husband, for whom she should mourn for four months and ten days."

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 371:
    Narrated Zainab bint Abi Salama :

I went to Um Habiba, the wife of Prophet, who said, "I heard the Prophets saying, 'It is not legal for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to mourn for any dead person for more than three days except for her husband, (for whom she should mourn) for four months and ten days'." Later I went to Zainab bint Jahsh when her brother died; she asked for some scent, and after using it she said, "I am not in need of scent but I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'It is not legal for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to mourn for more than three days for any dead person except her husband, (for whom she should mourn) for four months and ten days.' "

Deceased are tortured by the wailing of relatives
    Bhukari
    Volume 2, Book 23, Number 375:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Ubaidullah bin Abi Mulaika:

One of the daughters of 'Uthman died at Mecca. We went to attend her funeral procession. Ibn 'Umar and Ibn Abbas were also present. I sat in between them (or said, I sat beside one of them. Then a man came and sat beside me.) 'Abdullah bin 'Umar said to 'Amr bin 'Uthman, "Will you not prohibit crying as Allah's Apostle has said, 'The dead person is tortured by the crying of his relatives.?" Ibn Abbas said, "Umar used to say so." Then he added narrating, "I accompanied Umar on a journey from Mecca till we reached Al-Baida. There he saw some travelers in the shade of a Samura (A kind of forest tree). He said (to me), "Go and see who those travelers are." So I went and saw that one of them was Suhaib. I told this to 'Umar who then asked me to call him. So I went back to Suhaib and said to him, "Depart and follow the chief of the faithful believers." Later, when 'Umar was stabbed, Suhaib came in weeping and saying, "O my brother, O my friend!" (on this 'Umar said to him, "O Suhaib! Are you weeping for me while the Prophet said, "The dead person is punished by some of the weeping of his relatives?" Ibn Abbas added, "When 'Umar died I told all this to Aisha and she said, 'May Allah be merciful to Umar. By Allah, Allah's Apostle did not say that a believer is punished by the weeping of his relatives. But he said, Allah increases the punishment of a non-believer because of the weeping of his relatives." Aisha further added, "The Quran is sufficient for you (to clear up this point) as Allah has stated: 'No burdened soul will bear another's burden.' " (35.18). Ibn Abbas then said, "Only Allah makes one laugh or cry." Ibn Umar did not say anything after that.

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 376:
    Narrated 'Aisha:

(the wife of the Prophet) Once Allah's Apostle passed by (the grave of) a Jewess whose relatives were weeping over her. He said, "They are weeping over her and she is being tortured in her grave.

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 377:
    Narrated Abu Burda:

That his father said, "When Umar was stabbed, Suhaib started crying: O my brother! 'Umar said, 'Don't you know that the Prophet said: The deceased is tortured for the weeping of the living'?"

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 378:
    Narrated Al-Mughira:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Ascribing false things to me is not like ascribing false things to anyone else. Whosoever tells a lie against me intentionally then surely let him occupy his seat in Hell-Fire." I heard the Prophet saying, "The deceased who is wailed over is tortured for that wailing."

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 379:
    Narrated Ibn 'Umar from his father:

The Prophet said, "The deceased is tortured in his grave for the wailing done over him."

Putting dust into the mouths of those crying
    Bhukari
    Volume 2, Book 23, Number 386:

Narrated 'Aisha:

When the Prophet got the news of the death of Ibn Haritha, Ja'far and Ibn Rawaha he sat down and looked sad and I was looking at him through the chink of the door. A man came and told him about the crying of the women of Ja'far. The Prophet ordered him to forbid them. The man went and came back saying that he had told them but they did not listen to him. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Forbid them." So again he went and came back for the third time and said, "O Allah's Apostle! By Allah, they did not listen to us at all." ('Aisha added): Allah's Apostle ordered him to go and put dust in their mouths. I said, (to that man) "May Allah stick your nose in the dust (i.e. humiliate you)! You could neither (persuade the women to) fulfill the order of Allah's Apostle nor did you relieve Allah's Apostle from fatigue. "

Bhukari
    Volume 2, Book 23, Number 391:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar :

Sad bin 'Ubada became sick and the Prophet along with 'Abdur Rahman bin 'Auf, Sad bin Abi Waqqas and 'Abdullah bin Masud visited him to enquire about his health. When he came to him, he found him surrounded by his household and he asked, "Has he died?" They said, "No, O Allah's Apostle." The Prophet wept and when the people saw the weeping of Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) they all wept. He said, "Will you listen? Allah does not punish for shedding tears, nor for the grief of the heart but he punishes or bestows His Mercy because of this." He pointed to his tongue and added, "The deceased is punished for the wailing of his relatives over him." 'Umar used to beat with a stick and throw stones and put dust over the faces (of those who used to wail over the dead).

Reply #20 - May 29, 2009, 02:53 PM

Sexism
    Muslim
    Book 008, Number 3361:

Ibn" Abbas (Allah be pleased with thern) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: If anyone amongst you intends to go to his wife he should say: In the name of Allah,0 Allah protect us against Satan and keep away the Satan from the one that you have bestowed upon us, and if He has ordained a male child for them, Satan will never be able to do any harm to him.

Abu Dawood
    Book 12, Number 2229:

Al-Qasim said: Aisha intended to set free two slaves of her who were spouses. She, therefore, asked the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) about this matter. He commanded to begin with the man before the woman. The narrator Nasr said: AbuAli al-Hanafi reported it to me on the authority of Ubaydullah.

Cant say no to sex
    Muslim
    Book 008, Number 3366:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: When a woman spends the night away from the bed of her husband, the angels curse her until morning. This hadith has been narrated through the same chain of transmitters (with a slight variation):" He said: Until she comes back."

Book 008, Number 3367:
    Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, when a man calls his wife to his bed, and she does not respond, the One Who is in the heaven is displeased with her until he (her husband) is pleased with her.

Book 008, Number 3368:
    Abu Huraira (Allah he pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may, peace be upon him) as saying: When a man invites his wife to his bed and she does not come, and he (the husband) spends the sight being angry with her, the angels curse her until morning.

Abu Dawood
    Book 12, Number 2228:

Barirah was emancipated, and she was the wife of Mughith, a slave of Aal AbuAhmad. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) gave her choice, and said to her: If he has intercourse with you, then there is no choice for you.

Treatment of slaves
    -Practising coitus interruptus
    Muslim
    Book 008, Number 3371:
    Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): 0 Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid-conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Mes- senger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.

-Marriage is annulled when captured
    Book 008, Number 3432:
    Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah her pleased with him) reported that at the Battle of Hanain Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace te upon him) seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (iv. 24)" (i. e. they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end).

-Ok to beat a slave if you have a reason
    Muslim
    Book 015, Number 4079:
    Zadhan reported that Ibn Umar called his slave and he found the marks (of beating) upon his back. He said to him: I have caused you pain. He said: No. But he (Ibn Umar) said: You are free. He then took hold of something from the earth and said: There is no reward for me even to the weight equal to it. I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who beats a slave without cognizable offence of his or slaps him (without any serious fault), then expiation for it is that he should set him free.

Abu Dawood
    Book 10, Number 1814:

Narrated Asma' bint AbuBakr:

We came out for performing hajj along with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). When we reached al-Araj, the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) alighted and we also alighted. Aisha sat beside the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and I sat beside my father (AbuBakr). The equipment and personal effects of AbuBakr and of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) were placed with AbuBakr's slave on a camel. AbuBakr was sitting and waiting for his arrival. He arrived but he had no camel with him. He asked:

Where is your camel? He replied: I lost it last night. AbuBakr said: There was only one camel, even that you have lost. He then began to beat him while the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was smiling and saying: Look at this man who is in the sacred state (putting on ihram), what is he doing?

Ibn AbuRizmah said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) spoke nothing except the words: Look at this man who is in the sacred state (wearing ihram), what is he doing? He was smiling (when he uttered these words).

Mudabber slaves
    Muslim
    Book 015, Number 4115:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah said that a person among the Ansar declared his slave free after his death, as he had no other property. This news reached the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and he said: Who will buy him from me? And Nu'aim b. al-Nahham bought him for eight hundred dirhams and he handed them over to him, 'Amr (one of the narrators) said: I heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah as saying: He was a Coptic slave, and he died in the first year (of the Caliphate of 'Abdullah b. Zubair).

Muslim
    Book 015, Number 4116:

Jabir is reported to have said: A person amongst the Ansar who had no other property declared a slave free after his death. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sold him, and Ibn al-Nahham bought him and he was a Coptic slave (who) died in the first year of the Caliphate of Ibn Zubair.

Malik's Muwatta 40.1.1
    Yahya related to me that Malik said, "What is done in our community in the case of a man who makes his slave-girl a mudabbara and she gives birth to children after that, and then the slave-girl dies before the one who gave her a tadbir is that her children are in her position. The conditions which were confirmed for her are confirmed for them. The death of their mother does not harm them. If the one who made her mudabbara dies, they are free if their value is less than one third of his total property." Malik said, "For every mother by birth as opposed to mother by suckling, her children are in her position. If she is free and she gives birth after she is free, her children are free. If she is a mudabbara or mukataba, or freed after a number of years in service, or part of her is free or pledged or she is an umm walad, each of her children are in the same position as their mother. They are set free when she is set free and they are slaves when she is a slave." Malik said about the mudabbara given a tadbir while she was pregnant, "Her children are in her position. That is also the position of a man who frees his slave-girl while she is pregnant and does not know that she is pregnant." Malik said, "The sunna about such women is that their children follow them and are set free by their being set free." Malik said, "It is the same as if a man had bought a slave-girl while she was pregnant. The slave-girl and what is in her womb belong to the one who bought her whether or not the buyer stipulates that." Malik continued, "It is not halal for the seller to make an exception about what is in her womb because that is an uncertain transaction. It reduces her price and he does not know if that will reach him or not. That is as if one sold the foetus in the womb of the mother. That is not halal because it is an uncertain transaction ." Malik said about the mukatab or mudabbar who bought a slave-girl and had intercourse with her and she became pregnant by him and gives birth, "The children of both of them by a slave-girl are in his position. They are set free when he is set free and they are slaves when he is a slave." Malik said, "When he is set free, the umm walad is part of his property which is surrendered to him when he is set free." 

For more info on Madabber slaves- http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0001P0040.aspx

Not so scientific
    Book 008, Number 3380:
    Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Mention was made about al-'azl in the presence of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), whereupon he said: Why any one of you practises it? (He did not say: One of you should not do it), for there is no created soul, whose creator is not Allah.

Suckling (adults) makes them mahram
    Book 008, Number 3425:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hadhaifa, lived with him and his family in their house. She (i. e. the daughter of Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Salim has attained (purbety) as men attain, and he understands what they understand, and he enters our house freely, I, however, perceive that something (rankles) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to her: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the rankling) which Abu Hudhaifa feels in his heart will disappear. She returned and said: So I suckled him, and what (was there) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa disappeared.

Mohammed's ridiculous jealousy problems
    Book 008, Number 3430:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) visited me when a man was sitting near me, and he seemed to disapprove of that. And I saw signs of anger on his face and I said: Messenger of Allah, he is my brother by forsterage, whereupon he said: Consider who your brothers are because of fosterage since fosterage is through hunger (i. e. in infancy).

A child is to be attributed to one on whose bed it is born
    Book 008, Number 3435:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Sa'd b. Abu Waqqas and Abd b. Zam'a (Allah be pleased with them) disputed with each other over a young boy. Sa'd said: Messenger of Allah, he is the son of my brother 'Utba b. Abu Waqqas as he made it explicit that he was his son. Look at his resemblance. Abd b. Zam'a said Messenger of Allah, he is my brother as he was born on the bed of my father from his slave-girl. Allah's Messenger (way peace he upon him) looked at his resembl-. ance and found a clear resemblance with 'Utba. (But) he said: He is yours 0 'Abd (b. Zam'a), for the child is to be attributed to one on whose bed it is born, and stoning for a fornicator. Sauda bint Zam'a, O you should observe veil from him. So he did not see Sauda at all. Muhammad b. Rumh did not make a mention (of the words):" O Abd."

Turns

Not giving Saffiya a turn
    Book 008, Number 3455:
    'Ata related that when they were with Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) at the funeral of Maimuna In Sarif, Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) said: This is the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) ; so when you lift her bier, do not shake her or disturb her, but be gentle, for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had nine wives, with eight of whom he shared his time, but to one of them, he did not allot a share. 'Ati said: The one to whom he did not allot a share of time was Safiyya, daughter of Huyayy b. Akhtab.

Sauda giving up turns
    Book 008, Number 3451:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Never did I find any woman more loving to me than Sauda bint Zam'a. I wished I could be exactly like her who was passionate. As she became old, she had made over her day (which she had to spend) with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to 'A'isha. She said: I have made over my day with you to 'A'isha. So Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) allotted two days to 'A'isha, her own day (when it was her turn) and that of Sauda.

Book 008, Number 3452:
    A hadith like this has been transmitted on the authority of Hisham with the same chain of narrators (and the words are): When Sauda became old (the rest of the hadith is the same) and in the narration of Sharik there is an addition (of these words:" She was the first woman whom he (Allah's Apostle) married after me."

Ibn Kathir on Sauda's turns
    The Ruling Concerning Desertion on the Part of the Husband
    Allah states, and thus legislates accordingly, that sometimes, the man inclines away from his wife, sometimes towards her and sometimes he parts with her. In the first case, when the wife fears that her husband is steering away from her or deserting her, she is allowed to forfeit all or part of her rights, such as provisions, clothing, dwelling, and so forth, and the husband is allowed to accept such concessions from her. Hence, there is no harm if she offers such concessions, and if her husband accepts them. This is why Allah said,

(there is no sin on them both if they make terms of peace between themselves;) He then said,

(and making peace is better) than divorce. Allah's statement,

(And human souls are swayed by greed.) means, coming to peaceful terms, even when it involves forfeiting some rights, is better than parting. Abu Dawud At-Tayalisi recorded that Ibn `Abbas said, "Sawdah feared that the Messenger of Allah might divorce her and she said, `O Messenger of Allah! Do not divorce me; give my day to `A'ishah.' And he did, and later on Allah sent down,

(And if a woman fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no sin on them both) Ibn `Abbas said, "Whatever (legal agreement) the spouses mutually agree to is allowed.''. At-Tirmidhi recorded it and said, "Hasan Gharib''. In the Two Sahihs, it is recorded that `A'ishah said that when Sawdah bint Zam`ah became old, she forfeited her day to `A'ishah, and the Prophet used to spend Sawdah's night with `A'ishah. There is a similar narration also collected by Al-Bukhari.

Al-Bukhari also recorded that `A'ishah commented; (And if a woman fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part), that it refers to, "A man who is married to an old woman, and he does not desire her and wants to divorce her. So she says, `I forfeit my right on you.' So this Ayah was revealed.''
    http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=4&tid=12406

Mo divorcing Hafsa
    Abu Dawood
    Book 12, Number 2276:

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) divorced Hafsah, but he took her back in marriage.

http://www.themuslimwoman.com/HafsahbintUmar.htm
    (The divorce happened because Hasfa disclosed the secret concerning the Maria controversy).

Evil omen
    Abu Dawood
    Book 29, Number 3911:

Narrated Sa'd ibn Malik:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no hamah, no infection and no evil omen; if there is in anything an evil omen, it is a house, a horse, and a woman.

Adultery
    Bhukari
    Volume 3, Book 38, Number 508:

Narrated Zaid bin Khalid and Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "O Unais! Go to the wife of this (man) and if she confesses (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse), then stone her to death."

Bhukari
    Volume 6, Book 60, Number 79:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:

The Jews brought to the Prophet a man and a woman from among them who had committed illegal sexual intercourse. The Prophet said to them, "How do you usually punish the one amongst you who has committed illegal sexual intercourse?" They replied, "We blacken their faces with coal and beat them," He said, "Don't you find the order of Ar-Rajm (i.e. stoning to death) in the Torah?" They replied, "We do not find anything in it." 'Abdullah bin Salam (after hearing this conversation) said to them. "You have told a lie! Bring here the Torah and recite it if you are truthful." (So the Jews brought the Torah). And the religious teacher who was teaching it to them, put his hand over the Verse of Ar-Rajm and started reading what was written above and below the place hidden with his hand, but he did not read the Verse of Ar-Rajm. 'Abdullah bin Salam removed his (i.e. the teacher's) hand from the Verse of Ar-Rajm and said, "What is this?" So when the Jews saw that Verse, they said, "This is the Verse of Ar-Rajm." So the Prophet ordered the two adulterers to be stoned to death, and they were stoned to death near the place where biers used to be placed near the Mosque. I saw her companion (i.e. the adulterer) bowing over her so as to protect her from the stones.

Beat boys to pray
    Abu Dawood
    Book 2, Number 0494:

Narrated As-Saburah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Command a boy to pray when he reaches the age of seven years. When he becomes ten years old, then beat him for prayer.

Book 2, Number 0495:
    Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Command your children to pray when they become seven years old, and beat them for it (prayer) when they become ten years old; and arrange their beds (to sleep) separately.

Reply #21 - June 01, 2009, 07:53 AM

Nice one Os - how do we update them (I could not see the edit tool)?

Just saw this. Basically you can't, because accessing the articles function with our current setup requires an admin account. However if you have an article you want to update just let us know and we'll paste in the new content.

Reply #22 - June 01, 2009, 08:37 AM

I have made a number of modifications to it, shall I pm you the whole article again or send the attachment (if thats poss)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - June 01, 2009, 09:28 AM

Easiest way would be to just attach it as a txt, doc or pdf file. I can open that and copy/paste the content.

Reply #24 - June 01, 2009, 10:45 AM

OK, here it is..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - June 01, 2009, 11:32 AM

Cool. I'll sort it tomorrow.

Reply #26 - June 03, 2009, 11:30 PM

Hey that will need to be split into more than one article as it's hitting the size limit and truncating. Take a look at the link from the front page.  Wink

ETA: I'll split it into Part 1 and Part 2 later. Same with Peru's latest.

Reply #27 - June 04, 2009, 09:27 AM

Hey that will need to be split into more than one article as it's hitting the size limit and truncating. Take a look at the link from the front page.  Wink

ETA: I'll split it into Part 1 and Part 2 later. Same with Peru's latest.

Is it not possible to link IsLame's to his actual document and mine to this thread?
     Reply #28 - June 04, 2009, 10:18 AM

Sure I can link it but the idea was to have them in a clean article format as well rather than just a thread, which always gets messy. No problem having Part 1 and Part 2 articles. The more, the merrier.

Reply #29 - June 04, 2009, 10:38 AM

Fair enough.
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »