Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:41 PM

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:21 PM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs

(Read 122658 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs
     Reply #180 - June 04, 2011, 12:11 AM

They were joking, surely? If not, that's um... well, par for the course TBH.
     Reply #181 - June 04, 2011, 12:45 AM

Just asked a friend of mine, he directed me to this:
    salam alakum, as for the hadith

Aisha said to the Prophet ,“Ah! My head is bursting.” He said, “I wish it did.” Aisha responded: “You want me to die so that you can spend the next night with another wife” (Bukhari, Book of Medicine, vol.3).

allahualam if this hadith is bukhair, but the explaination of this hadith is as follows, ( btw this hadith is explain by shaikh muhammad alshareef in the lecture on how to be a outstanding husband and wife. )

near the time of the death of the prophet of allah ( saw) aisha (rha) was complaining that her head is hurting, so therefore the prophet (saw) said i wish it did, meaning that if you only no what im gonig through, upon that the wife of the prophet said what she said, the reply of the prophet was this is the ghayrah ( jealousy of a kind which is halal in islam ) of aisha ,

if i can recall currectly then the prophet of allah ( saw) said before aisha (rh) said "You want me to die so that you can spend the next night with another wife” he said if you were to die b4 me then i would make dua for you and wash you, then she said the wishing part, this is one of the hadith which indicate the humour of the prophet ( saw)

and allah knows best.
    please dont depend upon my word, its only what i remember from the lectures,

salam alakum

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f44/bukhari-authentic-or-not-19414/index4.html#post186248
     Reply #182 - June 04, 2011, 12:53 AM

Can't I just interpret it by it's literal meaning?

That's basically the Hadith and Qu'ran for ya, so many ways a person can interpret it, you sometimes wonder if its true... piggy

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #183 - June 07, 2011, 11:08 AM

I dont know if this has been posted or not:

Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 2, Number 0495:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Command your children to pray when they become seven years old, and beat them for it (prayer) when they become ten years old; and arrange their beds (to sleep) separately.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #184 - June 09, 2011, 11:20 AM

forget it

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #185 - June 09, 2011, 07:24 PM

Personally I don't think Mohammed even existed. His life seems more like a bloated mythological tale, his saying and descriptions of his actions are so bizarre. Surely, 1400 years ago is really not that long ago, there was well established cities and social structure which was largely peaceful, it just seems to fantastical to accept that during that time someone described as Mohammed would have got away with many of the things he did, which in many cases were in direct violation of the cultural traditions and norms of the time, and at times being epically insulting to the community, with open sexual depravity.

Either the hadith are completely nonsense and embellished or Mohammed did not exist an was a archetypal creation of the society.   
     Reply #186 - June 09, 2011, 10:53 PM

AbuDawood Book 41, Number 4914: Narrated Aisha, :

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar, the draught raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her.

He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them?

She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings.

He asked: A horse with two wings?
    She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings?

She said: Thereupon the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #187 - June 10, 2011, 12:38 PM

Cheesy Cheesy

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #188 - June 22, 2011, 08:11 AM

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you.
    If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness.
    Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and comitted helpers.
    And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.
    (Last sermon of the Prophet - Bukkkake)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #189 - April 30, 2012, 04:55 PM

Unethical/questionable Shi'a hadiths:

The Spread of Immodest Acts

Muhammad ibn Muslim said: “I asked Imam al-Baqir (‘a): ‘O son of the Messenger of Allah! When will the Qa’im from among you appear?’” The Imam said: “It will be at the time when men would resemble women and women would act like men; at the time when men would suffice themselves with men (i.e. they would do sodomy), and so would women with other women (i.e. they would engage in lesbianism).”[46]

Another hadith with the same content has been reported from Imam as-Sadiq (‘a).[47] Abu Hurayrah also reported from the Prophet (S), thus: “The Day of Resurrection shall not come to pass until such time when men would vie with one another in committing indecent acts; the same would be the case with women.”[48]

Source

Similar fatwas from Sunni mullahs.

From the Shi'a's most revered book of hadiths the Nahj ul Balagha by Ali ibn Abi Talib:

Sermon 79
    After the Battle of Jamal,(1) Concerning Women and Their Short comings.

O' ye peoples! Women are deficient in Faith, deficient in shares and deficient in intelligence. As regards the deficiency in their Faith, it is their abstention from prayers and fasting during their menstrual period. As regards deficiency in their intelligence it is because the evidence of two women is equal to that of one man. As for the deficiency of their shares that is because of their share in inheritance being half of men. So beware of the evils of women. Be on your guard even from those of them who are (reportedly) good. Do not obey them even in good things so that they may not attract you to evils.

(1). Amir al-mu'minin delivered this sermon after the devastation created by the Battle of Jamal. Since the devastation resulting from this battle was the outcome of blindly following a woman's command, in this sermon he has described women's physical defects and their causes and effects. Thus their first weakness is that for a few days in every month they have to abstain from prayer and fasting, and this abstention from worship is a proof of their deficiency in Faith. Although the real meaning of `iman (belief) is heart-felt testimony and inner conviction yet metaphorically it also applies to action and character. Since actions are the reflection of Belief they are also regarded as part of Belief. Thus, it is related from Imam `Ali ibn Musa ar-Rida (p.b.u.t.) that:

`iman (belief) is testimony at heart, admission by the tongue and action by the limbs.
    The second weakness is that their natural propensities do not admit of full performance of their intelligence. Therefore, nature has given them the power of intelligence only in accordance with the scope of their activities which can guide them in pregnancy, delivery, child nursing, child care and house-hold affairs. On the basis of this weakness of mind and intelligence their evidence has not been accorded the status of man's evidence, as Allah says:

. . . then call to witness two witnesses from among your men and if there not be two men then (take) a man and two women, of those ye approve of the witnesses, so that should one of the two (women) forget the (second) one of the two may remind the other... (Qur'an, 2:282)
    The third weakness is that their share in inheritance is half of man's share in inheritance as the Qur'an says:

Allah enjoineth you about your children. The male shall have the equal of the shares of two females...(4:11)
    This shows woman's weakness because the reason for her share in inheritance being half is that the liability of her maintenance rests on man. When man's position is that of a maintainer and care taker the status of the weaker sex who is in need of maintenance and care-taking is evident.

After describing their natural weakness, Amir al-mu'minin points out the mischief of blindly following them and wrongly obeying them. He says that not to say of bad things but even if they say in regard to some good things it should not be done in a way that these should feel as if it is being done in pursuance of their wish, but rather in a way that they should realise that the good act has been performed because of its being good and that their pleasure or wish has nothing to do with it. If they have even the doubt that their pleasures has been kept in view in it they would slowly increase in their demands and would wish that they should be obeyed in all matters however evil, the inevitable consequence whereof will be destruction and ruin. ash-Shaykh Muhammad `Abduh writes about this view of Amir al-mu'minin as under:

Amir al-mu'minin has said a thing which is corroborated by experiences of centuries.

Source

Sunni versions of the same misogyny:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
    Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."
    Sahih Bukhari 1:6:301

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri
    On 'Id ul Fitr or 'Id ul Adha Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) went out to the Musalla. After finishing the prayer, he delivered the sermon and ordered the people to give alms. He said, "O people! Give alms." Then he went towards the women and said. "O women! Give alms, for I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-Fire were you (women)." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the reason for it?" He replied, "O women! You curse frequently, and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. O women, some of you can lead a cautious wise man astray." Then he left. And when he reached his house, Zainab, the wife of Ibn Masud, came and asked permission to enter It was said, "O Allah's Apostle! It is Zainab." He asked, 'Which Zainab?" The reply was that she was the wife of Ibn Mas'ub. He said, "Yes, allow her to enter." And she was admitted. Then she said, "O Prophet of Allah! Today you ordered people to give alms and I had an ornament and intended to give it as alms, but Ibn Masud said that he and his children deserved it more than anybody else." The Prophet replied, "Ibn Masud had spoken the truth. Your husband and your children had more right to it than anybody else."
    Sahih Bukhari 2:24:541

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri
    The Prophet said, "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said, "Yes." He said, "This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind."
    Sahih Bukhari 3:48:826

These are based on this Quran verse (shown here with 3 translations):

Qur'an 2:282

Yusuf Ali: O ye who believe! When ye deal with each other, in transactions involving future obligations in a fixed period of time, reduce them to writing Let a scribe write down faithfully as between the parties: let not the scribe refuse to write: as Allah Has taught him, so let him write. Let him who incurs the liability dictate, but let him fear His Lord Allah, and not diminish aught of what he owes. If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, Let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her. The witnesses should not refuse when they are called on (For evidence). Disdain not to reduce to writing (your contract) for a future period, whether it be small or big: it is juster in the sight of Allah, More suitable as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves but if it be a transaction which ye carry out on the spot among yourselves, there is no blame on you if ye reduce it not to writing. But take witness whenever ye make a commercial contract; and let neither scribe nor witness suffer harm. If ye do (such harm), it would be wickedness in you. So fear Allah; For it is Good that teaches you. And Allah is well acquainted with all things. If ye are on a journey, and cannot find a scribe, a pledge with possession (may serve the purpose). And if one of you deposits a thing on trust with another, let the trustee (faithfully) discharge his trust, and let him Fear his Lord conceal not evidence; for whoever conceals it, - his heart is tainted with sin. And Allah knoweth all that ye do.

Pickthal: O ye who believe! When ye contract a debt for a fixed term, record it in writing. Let a scribe record it in writing between you in (terms of) equity. No scribe should refuse to write as Allah hath taught him, so let him write, and let him who incurreth the debt dictate, and let him observe his duty to Allah his Lord, and diminish naught thereof. But if he who oweth the debt is of low understanding, or weak, or unable himself to dictate, then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not (at hand) then a man and two women, of such as ye approve as witnesses, so that if the one erreth (through forgetfulness) the other will remember. And the witnesses must not refuse when they are summoned. Be not averse to writing down (the contract) whether it be small or great, with (record of) the term thereof. That is more equitable in the sight of Allah and more sure for testimony, and the best way of avoiding doubt between you; save only in the case when it is actual merchandise which ye transfer among yourselves from hand to hand. In that case it is no sin for you if ye write it not. And have witnesses when ye sell one to another, and let no harm be done to scribe or witness. If ye do (harm to them) lo! it is a sin in you. Observe your duty to Allah. Allah is teaching you. And Allah is knower of all things.

Shakir: O you who believe! when you deal with each other in contracting a debt for a fixed time, then write it down; and let a scribe write it down between you with fairness; and the scribe should not refuse to write as Allah has taught him, so he should write; and let him who owes the debt dictate, and he should be careful of (his duty to) Allah, his Lord, and not diminish anything from it; but if he who owes the debt is unsound in understanding, or weak, or (if) he is not able to dictate himself, let his guardian dictate with fairness; and call in to witness from among your men two witnesses; but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the second of the two may remind the other; and the witnesses should not refuse when they are summoned; and be not averse to writing it (whether it is) small or large, with the time of its falling due; this is more equitable in the sight of Allah and assures greater accuracy in testimony, and the nearest (way) that you may not entertain doubts (afterwards), except when it is ready merchandise which you give and take among yourselves from hand to hand, then there is no blame on you in not writing it down; and have witnesses when you barter with one another, and let no harm be done to the scribe or to the witness; and if you do (it) then surely it will be a transgression in you, and be careful of (your duty) to Allah, Allah teaches you, and Allah knows all things

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #190 - August 20, 2012, 04:39 PM

Brilliant thread Peru  Afro

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs
     Reply #191 - January 24, 2013, 09:52 PM

Sahih Bukhari Vol 008, Book 081, Hadith #768.
    Sahih Bukhari Book 81. Limits and Punishments Set by Allah (Hudood)

Narrated By Abu Salama : Abu Huraira said, "A man who drank wine was brought to the Prophet. The Prophet said, 'Beat him!" Abu Huraira added, "So some of us beat him with our hands, and some with their shoes, and some with their garments (by twisting it) like a lash, and then when we finished, someone said to him, 'May Allah disgrace you!' On that the Prophet said, 'Do not say so, for you are helping Satan to overpower him.'

Sahih Muslim Book 026, Hadith Number 5389.
    Sahih Muslim Book 26. On Salutations and Greetings

Chapter : Prohibition of saying first as-Salam-u-Alaikum to the people of the book, and how their salutations should be responded.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #192 - January 25, 2013, 12:22 AM

Sahih Bukhari Vol 008, Book 082, Hadith # 820
    Sahih Bukhari Book 82. Punishment of Disbelievers at War with Allah and his Apostle

Narrated By Ibn 'Abbas : The Prophet cursed the effeminate men and those women who assume the similitude (manners) of men. He also said, "Turn them out of your houses." He turned such-and-such person out, and 'Umar also turned out such-and-such person.

Reply #193 - January 25, 2013, 12:23 AM

Sahih Bukhari Vol 008, Book 081, Hadith #764

Narrated By Anas bin Malik : The Prophet beat a drunk with palm-leaf stalks and shoes. And Abu Bakr gave (such a sinner) forty lashes.

Reply #194 - January 25, 2013, 12:24 AM

Sahih Bukhari Vol 008, Book 081, Hadith #765

Narrated By 'Uqba bin Al-Harith : An-Nu'man or the son of An-Nu'man was brought to the Prophet on a charge of drunkenness. So the Prophet ordered all the men present in the house, to beat him. So all of them beat him, and I was also one of them who beat him with shoes.

Reply #195 - January 25, 2013, 12:32 AM

Sahih Bukhari Vol 008, Book 081, Hadith Num 780

Narrated By 'Aisha : The Prophet said, "The hand should be cut off for stealing something that is worth a quarter of a Dinar or more."

Sahih Bukhari Vol 008, Book 081, Hadith Num 783

Narrated By 'Aisha : The hand of a thief was not cut off during the lifetime of the Prophet except for stealing something equal to a shield in value.

Sahih Bukhari Vol 008, Book 081, Hadith Num 785

Narrated By 'Aisha : A thief's hand was not cut off for stealing something cheaper than a Hajafa or a Turs (two kinds of shields), each of which was worth a (respectable) price.

Sahih Bukhari Vol 008, Book 081, Hadith Num 787

Narrated By Ibn 'Umar : Allah's Apostle cut off the hand of a thief for stealing a shield that was worth three Dirhams.

Sahih Bukhari Vol 008, Book 081, Hadith Num 791

Narrated By Abu Huraira : Allah 's Apostle said, "Allah curses the thief who steals an egg (or a helmet) for which his hand is to be cut off, or steals a rope, for which his hand is to be cut off."

Reply #196 - January 25, 2013, 12:43 AM

The Prophet Muhammad ordered Ali to beat a slave girl until she bleeds, and when the bleeding stops, tells him to beat her some more

Abu Dawud Book 38, Number 4458:
    Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:

A slave-girl belonging to the house of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) committed fornication. He (the Prophet) said: Rush up, Ali, and inflict the prescribed punishment on her. I then hurried up, and saw that blood was flowing from her, and did not stop. So I came to him and he said: Have you finished inflicting (punishment on her)? I said: I went to her while her blood was flowing. He said: Leave her alone till her bleeding stops; then inflict the prescribed punishment on her. And inflict the prescribed punishment on those whom your right hands possess (i.e. slaves).

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/abudawud/038-sat.php#038.4458

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #197 - April 30, 2013, 02:37 AM

This is a great thread. I'd like to resuscitate it.
     Reply #198 - May 14, 2013, 07:36 PM

Yeah, lets keep the engine ticking over on this one

God is Love.

Reply #199 - May 15, 2013, 10:05 AM

Just a piece of advice for people when posting hadiths/suras: can you please give them a short subheading (in bold) that briefly describes/categorises that particular text (like I've done in the opening posts). It just makes it easier for readers to quickly find information rather than reading through reams of random paragraphs. I know some of you have done it, would be great if you all did it.

I realise this type of information needs a better place to be. I did plan to do it at some point, but I've moved on from Islam/religion. I hate thinking about it so any plans like that aren't likely to happen.

However, bold subheadings will do for the time being. It's something.
     Reply #200 - May 21, 2013, 09:59 AM

Mo gives permission for men to beat their wives

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab

The Prophet  said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife" ( Abu-Dawud, Book 11: Number 2142)

God is Love.

Reply #201 - May 21, 2013, 12:01 PM

( Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs )

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab

The Prophet  said...............................................

All haidth,  shia-sunni whatever are bullshit,  unethical  and  questionable, unless there is comparable/similar wording/verse in Quran..  

And please realize "Surah" means whole chapter in Quran., that means there are 114 Surahs often called as chapters  So may be the word  "unethical/questionable surahs"  should be replaced., A more  appropriate word is "Unethical/questionable Verses"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #202 - May 22, 2013, 12:24 AM

Muhammad orders his cousin to kill a man who slept with one of his slave girls

Sahih Muslim Book 037, Hadith Number 6676.

Sahih Muslim Book 37. Repentance And Exhortation Of Repentance

Chapter : The exoneration of the slave-girl of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) from a false charge.

Anas reported that a person was charged with fornication with the slave-girl of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to 'Ali: Go and strike his neck. 'Ali came to him and he found him in a well making his body cool. 'Ali said to him: Come out, and as he took hold of his hand and brought him out, he found that his sexual organ had been cut. Hadrat 'Ali refrained from striking his neck. He came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, he has not even the sexual organ with him.

God is Love.

Reply #203 - May 29, 2013, 05:52 PM

Given that it's the week of Memorial Day here in the States:

Executing Prisoners of War

‘Umar ibn Al-Khattab (radhiallahu anhu) said,”On the day of Badr the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasallam) looked towards his Companions who numbered just over three hundred,Then he looked towards the polytheists and found them to be over a thousand.The Prophet (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) then faced the qibla and extended his arms while wearing his izaar(lower garment) and his ridaa(upper garment) then he said,

‘O Allaah,where is what you promised to me! O Allaah,fulfill for me what you promised me! O Allaah if you allow this small group of Muslims to be destroyed you will never be worshipped on earth!’

He continued to seek the aid of his Lord and supplicate to Him to the extent that his upper garment fell off.So Abu Bakr came to him and picked up his upper garment and put it back on him and stood behind him saying,

“O Prophet of Allah,your imploration of your Lord is sufficient,for verily He will fulfill what He promised you.” Allah then sent down:

‘(Remember) when you sought help of your Lord and He answered you (saying): “I will help you with a thousand of the angels each behind the other (following one another) in succession.”’ (Al-Anfal:9)

When that day came and they met in battle,Allaah defeated the polytheists.Seventy of their men were killed and seventy more were taken prisoner.The Messenger of Allaah (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) then sought the advice of Abu Bakr,’Ali, and ‘Umar (radhiallahu anhum).Abu Bakr (radhiallahu anhu) said,”They are our cousins,relatives and brothers.It is my opinion that you take the ransom money from them so that what we take from them will give us strength against the disbelievers, and perhaps Allaah will guide them and they will become our supporters.”

The Messenger of Allah (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) then said,’What is your opinion,O son of Al-Khattaab? I said,”By Allaah,I do not agree with Abu Bakr’s opinion.Rather,my opinion is that you let me have so-and-so,the relative of ‘Umar,then let me strike his neck,and that you let ‘Ali have ‘Aqeel(his brother) then let him strike his neck, and that you let Hamzah have his brother so-and-so then let him strike his neck.So Allaah will know there is no favouritism in our hearts for the polytheists.These people are their leaders,rulers and commanders.” The Messenger of Allaah (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) favored what Abu Bakr said and did not favor what I said and so he took from them the ransom money.”

‘Umar (radhiallahu anhu) said,”The next day I went to the Messenger of Allaah (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) and found him and Abu Bakr sitting down crying.I said,’O Messenger of Allah,tell me what makes you and your companion cry so if I find tears I can cry and if I do not find tears I will fake crying because of your crying.’The Prophet (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) said,”what your companions presented to me about taking the ransom money.It was shown to me your punishment,which will soon occur (in a period of time) closer than this tree.” It was a tree close by. And Allaah sent down:
    “It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (amongst his enemies gaining the upper-hand) in the land.” (Al Anfal:67)

Upto His statement:

“Were it not a previous ordainment from Allaah, a severe torment would have touched you for what you took.” (Al Anfal:68)

Then Allaah made the war booty permissible for them.When the day of the battle of Uhud arrived the following year,they were punished for what they did on the day of Badr when they took the ransom money.Seventy of them were killed and The Companions of the Prophet (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) deserted him.His tooth was broken and his helmet was smashed.Blood poured down onto his face and Allah sent down:

“(What is the matter with you?) When a single disaster smites you, although you smote (your enemies) with one twice as great, you say: “From where does this come to us?” Say (to them), “It is from yourselves (because of your evil deeds).” And Allah has power over all things.” (Surah Al Imran:165)

Imaam Ahmad transmitted this hadeeth in his Musnad,volume 1,page 30. Ash-Sheikh Muqbil rahimaullah said,”the people of the hadeeth’s chain are people of the Saheeh (Al Bukhari and/or Muslim) [as-Saheeh Musnad min Asbaabun nuzool]

Reply #204 - June 26, 2013, 04:07 PM

Women are stupid

Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said, "Yes." He said, "This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind."

Hadith indexes
    In-book reference
    Book 52, Hadith 22
    Reference
    Sahih al-Bukhari 2658
    USC-MSA web (English) reference
    Vol. 3, Book 48, Hadith 826

http://www.thequrancollection.com/index.html?hadith_bukhari_52_22.htm

God is Love.

Reply #205 - June 26, 2013, 06:57 PM

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #206 - July 27, 2013, 11:04 AM

From Abu Dawud - Muhammad on female circumcision

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/abudawud/041-sat.php#041.5251

God is Love.

Reply #207 - February 11, 2014, 01:57 AM

Volume 4, Book 53, Number 351: #004.053.351
    Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle said, "Booty has been made legal for me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Volume 4, Book 53, Number 353: #004.053.353
    Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet added: “Then Allah saw our weakness and disability, so he made booty legal for us.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply #208 - February 11, 2014, 09:06 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #209 - February 11, 2014, 12:52 PM

It's funny how often the revelations benefit Mo specifically.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »