Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mohammad, the Pedophile

(Read 121219 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Mohammad, the Pedophile
     Reply #30 - March 09, 2009, 03:27 AM

Technically, you couldn't call him a pedophile. You would call him a hebephile, because he waited till adolescence to consummate the marriage.

There's no proof Ayesha was past menarche when Muhammad consumated the marriage and much evidence to the contrary.

I wrote an article about this a while ago.

Even if Aysha had reached nubility at age 9, this does not qualify her as a being an "adult". For instance Muir (2006) found that in the case of a little girl with precocious puberty, her body size was just above the 97th percentile for children of her age. For a 9 yr old girl, that would translate to a weight of ~36 kilos and height of ~135 cm, substantially less than a mature woman.

I see a 9yr old Brazilian girl, victim of incest, was advised to abort her twins as her body was too underdeveloped to carry them... her weight was quoted as 36kg. So indeed Muir's prediction is quite reasonable.

Muir's study is here, Pediatrics in Review. (2006) vol 27 pp 373-381.

"It may happen that the enemies of Islam may consider it expedient not to take any action against Islam, if Islam leaves them alone in their geographical boundaries... But Islam cannot agree to this unless they submit to its authority by paying Jizyah"

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #31 - March 09, 2009, 04:37 AM

Also he refused to marry his own daughter citing her age. And she was older then Aisha.

===========

Good point Baal, recall where it's mentioned?

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #32 - March 09, 2009, 05:46 AM

I tend to agree with Hassan that the term pedophile is not beneficial for CoeM. For FFI it is okay, FFI's raison d'etre is to prove certain points. Even on All_brains site it is okay, as that site became mostly a point to discuss the details of islam.

But on this site, the term should come out, only if someone is actively enquiring about it.

There is no reason to be politically correct. Mohammad's pedophilia is one of his worst traits, there is nothing wrong with denouncing it. I agree that calling Mohammad a pedophile all the time can be counter-productive, especially in the case of a new Muslim member, but there is nothing wrong with calling him one... because he was one. He fits the definition, and that's all that matters.

Yes there is no reason to be politically correct.
    Yes it is a very bad trait of his, not the worst.
    Yes calling him all the time can be counter-productive.
    not every man who married a child, even today, necessarily is a pedophile, but most are.
    and yes muhammad fits the definition.
    but is that worth repeating on a site for ex-muslims?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #33 - March 09, 2009, 06:03 AM

Is there any proof at all that raping children was acceptable in pre-Islamic Arab society?

Prior to marrying Muhammad, Ayesha had been engaged with Jubayr ibn Mu'tim which suggests that pedophilic marriage was not uncommon among the pre-Islamic Arabs.

None of the references in the wiki checked out. So I cut the references and moved them to the discussion.

I am curious to know how old was Jubayr?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #34 - March 09, 2009, 06:53 AM

Abu Bakr, means father of the young virgin.

I always thought Abu-Bakr was his real name. I just realized that his real name is Abu Quhafah. He gained the name Abu Bakr after marrying off his young virgin daughter. That is quite a revelation to me. Why gain the reputation "Father of the young virgin" just because his daughter was a young virgin?

* Was his daughter Aisha the only virgin to marry in Arabia?
    * Was his daughter's virginity, super special (Double Hymen perhaps), to warrant, renaming her father as "Abu Bakr"? Of course not.
    * It was not her virginity that was unique and special. It was, in the balance of probability, her young age that was so special. So special as to warrant renaming her father to "Abu Bakr".

http://www.thetruecall.com/home/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=217
    "Abu Bakr(ra) was born in Makkah two years after the birth of the Prophet(pbuh). His parents belonged to the clan of Banu Taim. Even before entering Islam, Abu Bakr(ra) was well known for his manners, knowledge and wisdom. The Prophet(pbuh) said: "Whenever I invited anyone to accept Islam, he argued with me and rejected my words at the outset except the son of Abu Quhafah (Abu Bakr). He accepted it immediately and stayed steadfast in it."

Reply #35 - March 09, 2009, 06:58 AM

Also he refused to marry his own daughter citing her age. And she was older then Aisha.

===========

Good point Baal, recall where it's mentioned?

I need to slowly read this page to find more which sirat is this mentioned into.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/prepubescent3.htm

When Fatima Zahra reached nine years of age, she was a full-grown woman who enjoyed intellectual maturity and integrity of conduct. Allah gifted her with a brilliant mentality and cleverness, together with beauty, grace and elegance. Her talents were many and her inherited and acquired noble traits excel those of any female or male.

Fatima's religious feelings and literary knowledge were unlimited. You will come to know that she was the most knowledgeable and most honorable woman in the world. In fact, history has not witnessed any other woman who achieved such a high level of education, knowledge, and social graces that Fatima reached; regardless of the fact that she did not graduate from any educational establishment save the school of Revelation and Messengership.

In light of this, it is not strange that prominent companions of the Prophet asked to marry her, but he (S) rejected them by saying ?

Abu Bakr and Umar were among those who asked to marry Fatima, but the Prophet (S) rejected them too, and said that she was still too young for marriage. AbdurRahman Ibn Awf also asked for her hand, but the Prophet (S) ignored him. (Fatima ['a] The Gracious, by Abu Muhammad Ordoni [Published by: Ansariyan Publications Qum, The Islamic Republic of Iran], Chapter 25, On the Way to Marriage; source; bold emphasis ours)

Reply #36 - March 09, 2009, 08:22 AM

===========

(Bakr) is not the young virgin, you mean: (Bikr).

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #37 - March 09, 2009, 08:28 AM

==========

His birth date is unknown to me, but he passed away in the 58th year A.H., I feel he was around 20 @ max.

Richard Dawkins
    ==
     Reply #38 - March 09, 2009, 09:55 AM

==========

His birth date is unknown to me, but he passed away in the 58th year A.H., I feel he was around 20 @ max.

Hello Bal and Emerald,

Jubair bin Mutim died on 57 AH. [677 CE]

He was engaged to Aisha in 12 BH [610 CE]

Forget about the average lifespan of males in seventh century Arabia. We can be speculative here. Guess Jubair bin Mutim had lived for a thousand full moons. 80 would be my pick as not many passed that mark at that time except an Abu Afak who had been assassinated by Muhammad.

So, he should be less than 14 at 12 BH (610 CE) when he engaged with Aisha. That is not denotative of paedophilia being the norm of that society.  At the most, we can say child marriages were frequent. End of the story. 

Regards
    KF
     Reply #39 - March 09, 2009, 09:58 AM

but is that worth repeating on a site for ex-muslims?

Yes. A spade is always a spade. A pedophile is always a pedophile. I'm not saying we should add the tag "pedophile" to Mohammad's name every time we mention him, but when an Islamic apologist like Arab-Wannabe shows up, it is necessary to refute any claims that Mohammad was not a pedophile.

Now, where is AW? I'm waiting his valuable contributions on the subject, maybe he has some super-secret evidence to refute our pathetic, godless claims. Or maybe he's building another gigantic strawman.

evil

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #40 - March 09, 2009, 10:21 AM

Hello Bal and Emerald,

Forget about the average lifespan of males in seventh century Arabia. We can be speculative here. Guess Jubair bin Mutim had lived for a thousand full moons. 80 would be my pick as not many passed that mark at that time except an Abu Afak who had been assassinated by Muhammad.

So, he should be less than 14 at 12 BH (610 CE) when he engaged with Aisha. That is not denotative of paedophilia being the norm of that society.  At the most, we can say child marriages were frequent. End of the story. 

Regards
    KF

===========

Thx KhalilF,

I don't care about the term itself, I know that Mu did penetrate a 9 Y/O gurl..! and I really wonder why Gabriel hadn't tried to tell him (((It's wrong))).

Richard Dawkins
    ==
     Reply #41 - March 09, 2009, 10:36 AM

Hello Bal and Emerald,

Regards
    KF

===========

Thx KhalilF,

I don't care about the term itself, I know that Mu did penetrate a 9 Y/O gurl..! and I really wonder why Gabriel hadn't tried to tell him (((It's wrong))).

Muslims havea a  peculiar but natural grudge on the term pedophilia because, they know it would thwart any in civilized world to develop an inclination to Islam.

Paedophilia is the most abominable of all sexual crimes. It is how civilized world treats the crime. Then the reaction from the other side when their beloved prophet becomes the central point of pedophile accusation can be justified and tolerated but never accorded. There can be no derogatory term that is more annoying to a Muslim Fanatic than pedophilia in modern context. I(f you don?t want to give credit to FFI, that is okay but FFI has won to a great extent in this regard.) Whenever the term pops up in our daily life now, the first picture comes into the minds of Muslims and non-Muslims is of Muhammad?s.

Proving Muhammad?s paedophilia is an effective deterrent to new conversions to Islam. No sane person is going to convert to a religion founded by a paedophile.

Regards
    KF
     Reply #42 - March 09, 2009, 10:38 AM

Image of what Ayesha was like:
    http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=78878&catID=448&contestCatID=&rowNumber=1&camID=

Prophet Mohammad's image(pbuh) as he probably was at the time of his marriage to Ayesha:

http://www.painetworks.com/photos/hq/hq0364.JPG   

Abu Bakr and Umar were among those who asked to marry Fatima

Abu Bakr asked for Fatima's hand before or after Muhammad's marriage to Ayesha? Had he married Fatima,both Mo & Abu Bakr would be each other's father in law & son in law?  Cheesy

How grotesque!  vomit

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #43 - March 09, 2009, 11:39 AM

Thanks Rashna, those images just brought it home to me but do illustrate the depravity of his acts.  How muslims can brush this aside is beyond me..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #44 - March 09, 2009, 11:42 AM

==========

Hello Bal and Emerald,

Regards
    KF

I actually ignore the dates given in that wiki article.

You see, according to Wikipedia Aisha died in 678 A.D. at age 65. Therefore in 610 A.D. when she was supposedly engaged to Jubayr she was not even conceived yet!

The chronology given by wiki of early Islam is scrambled and mostly unreferenced. What is more important is to know that Aysha was engaged to at least one guy (probably in his late teens to early twenties) when she was a baby or toddler.

I will search for the hadith.

"It may happen that the enemies of Islam may consider it expedient not to take any action against Islam, if Islam leaves them alone in their geographical boundaries... But Islam cannot agree to this unless they submit to its authority by paying Jizyah"

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #45 - March 09, 2009, 11:56 AM

Arabs are notorious for mixing up dates as they have never given too much thought to when things occurred by a calenders standard...usually an event is noted by some memorable occasion that occurred the same year etc...

Alot of Arabs this day and age arent really even sure when their own bdays are as its not something they deem worth knowing and keeping track of. Just a thought.
     Reply #46 - March 09, 2009, 12:01 PM

Arabs are notorious for mixing up dates as they have never given too much thought to when things occurred by a calenders standard...usually an event is noted by some memorable occasion that occurred the same year etc...

Alot of Arabs this day and age arent really even sure when their own bdays are as its not something they deem worth knowing and keeping track of. Just a thought.

Many of the apologists for Muhammad's marriage to Ayesha use the sketchy chronology to suggest she was some age other than nine... However they cannot consistently arrive at a single age by this method.

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #47 - March 09, 2009, 12:30 PM

However they cannot arrive at a consistent answer by this method.

Ayesha was definitely nine or thereabouts... Some Muslims try to suggest that she was 14-15 or even as old as 19! However the hadiths clearly show her playing with dolls! Why would a 19 year old play with dolls? Why would even a 14 year old play with dolls & why would her friends hide when her husband came into the room?

I don't play with dolls except with my little sister & I certainly don't play with dolls with my friends. Nor would my friends hide if my boyfriend came into the room. These stuff show Ayesha was a little kid.

P.S. Is this "pedophilia" thing the reason Michael Jackson converted to Islam? Wink

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #48 - March 09, 2009, 12:32 PM

Quote from: Rashna
    P.S. Is this "pedophilia" thing the reason Michael Jackson converted to Islam?  Wink

Quite probably.  Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #49 - March 09, 2009, 12:51 PM

Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #50 - March 09, 2009, 01:00 PM

Mikey hung out here in Bahrain for awhile...long enough to go on some sort of spending spree and charge it to one of Bahrains Princes on whose invitation he had accepted. Also he apparently struck up a deal to do a recording of some sort...then took of and  reneged on the deal...not nice Micheal...you are definitely not Thrilling anyone anymore.  whistling2
     Reply #51 - March 09, 2009, 03:22 PM

Mikey was also tried and acquitted, so this thread is getting a bit libellous.   lipsrsealed

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #52 - March 09, 2009, 03:25 PM

Mikey was also tried and acquitted, so this thread is getting a bit libellous.   lipsrsealed

Okay... back to Mohammad.

Terror couch

Reply #53 - March 09, 2009, 05:28 PM

OK, if you feel happy applying the term paedophile to men who married 12, 13, 14 or 15 year-old brides, fine.

I do not find it either accurate or helpful.

I do think that Aisha's age is a very important issue to raise when discussing whether Muhammad was a role-model for all time. But I always avoid using the word paedophile as I don't believe it helps strengthen my argument at all.

But we aren't talking about someone who married a twelve year old. We're talking about someone who married a six year old and started fucking her when she was nine. That's a bit more extreme, don't you think?

I am of course not disputing that a 50 year-old man marrying a 9 year old girl is totally wrong.

I am saying that I don't think the term paedophile is appropriate for people who married young brides at a time or in a society that accepted such things as normal.

There is a difference between going along with the norms of one's society and going against them.

If I remember rightly someone here mentioned that their grandmother - could have been mother - was married at 14. I remember my mother telling me that her grandfather (a Yorkshireman) married his wife when she was 14 too. It is more than likely that many more of the posters here have great grandfathers that married wives in their early teens. It was quite acceptable in Victorian England.

If it is not right to call our grandfathers paedophiles - then it is not right to call those who lived in an even more distant past, paedophiles.

This has no bearing on the unacceptable morality of it - nor does it stop us from pointing out to Muslims that the age of Aisha at marriage is an indisputable sign that Muhammad is not a role model for all times.

It was certainly one of the issues that contributed to me rejecting the belief that Muhammad was in any way an "Excellent example" for mankind.

But I don't think the term paedophile is correct or historically accurate - or helpful when discussing Muhammad with Muslims.

I have no problem with those who disagree. This is simply my view and I am certainly not saying others should not use the term if they feel it is appropriate.

Reply #54 - March 09, 2009, 06:04 PM

Quote from: Hassan
    I am saying that I don't think the term paedophile is appropriate for people who married young brides at a time or in a society that accepted such things as normal.

Well, do you think terms like torture, genocide and human sacrifice are not appropriate for people who carried out these acts at a time or in a society that accepted such things as normal? I have great respect for you Hassan, but you're totally wrong on this subject.

Now, where is AW?  Roll Eyes

Reply #55 - March 09, 2009, 07:19 PM

===========

How is it in the Saudi/old arab slang?

Reply #56 - March 09, 2009, 07:23 PM

Hello Bal and Emerald,

Regards
    KF

===========

Thx KhalilF,

Muslims havea a  peculiar but natural grudge on the term pedophilia because, they know it would thwart any in civilized world to develop an inclination to Islam.

Paedophilia is the most abominable of all sexual crimes. It is how civilized world treats the crime. Then the reaction from the other side when their beloved prophet becomes the central point of pedophile accusation can be justified and tolerated but never accorded. There can be no derogatory term that is more annoying to a Muslim Fanatic than pedophilia in modern context. I(f you don?t want to give credit to FFI, that is okay but FFI has won to a great extent in this regard.) Whenever the term pops up in our daily life now, the first picture comes into the minds of Muslims and non-Muslims is of Muhammad?s.

Proving Muhammad?s paedophilia is an effective deterrent to new conversions to Islam. No sane person is going to convert to a religion founded by a paedophile.

Regards
    KF

tx for the input KF, I want to add this entry in wikipedia, do you have some reference? although the wiki entry has no reference to begin with.

Reply #57 - March 09, 2009, 07:25 PM

Now, where is AW?  Roll Eyes

I will look under the coffee table. You look behind the couch

Reply #58 - March 09, 2009, 08:27 PM

===========

How is it in the Saudi/old arab slang?

===========

Bikr, with a kasra below (b) (ie ba2).

Check this out.

Richard Dawkins
    ==
     Reply #59 - March 10, 2009, 03:12 AM

I don't think Mohammed was a pedophile.

It is wrong to have sex with very young girls today because we believe that women have the right to choose who they want to marry and have sex with. We believe that they need to reach a certain level of maturity before they can make those life choices. Having sex with an underage girl is robbing her of that choice.

During Mohammed's time, these women were never going to make those choices for themselves anyway. They were posessions of men. They were destined for miserable subservant existances.

Pedophiles are sexual deviants. People who deviate from the norm. Mohammed did not deviate from the norm. His behaviour was molded by his environment. We have no reason to believe he acted out of personal perversions.

BKissB

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »