Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslims......& Women!

(Read 64095 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #90 - March 28, 2014, 04:47 PM

That's exactly what I've been saying, that it had relative harmony between religious groups, and a lot of scientists and new ideas/old ideas developed further came form this time period. But it really had nothing to do with Islam, it was not because pure shariah ruled the society. There were a lot of practices, culture etc of that society that would be utterly un-Islamic. It was a Muslim society perhaps, but as to Islamic shariah... it is not the best example for that.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #91 - March 28, 2014, 04:50 PM

Afro

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #92 - March 28, 2014, 04:58 PM

Narrated 'umar: I came and behold, Allah's Apostle was staying on a Mashroba (attic room) and a black slave of Allah's Apostle was at the top if its stairs. I said to him, "(Tell the Prophet) that here is 'umar bin Al-Khattab (asking for permission to enter)." Then he admitted me.  (Book #91, Hadith #368)

Hmm I didn't know a Black slave was serving Prophet of Islam and  Allah's Apostle was staying on a Mashroba (attic room)..

As a kid I used love those attic rooms ....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #93 - March 28, 2014, 11:33 PM

But she wouldn't listen, she took it as an offence towards Aishah, the kuffar want to make everything "dirty". That Mo married her at 9 was a "beautiful" thing we should not be ashamed of, but if kuffar talk about it as something "dirty" or criticize it, we must silence them out of gheerah for our religion. I ignored her, by the way Roll Eyes

I am going to pray to anything that this girl never has children. Those ideas should die out within the skulls of those who hold them.
    That just makes me fighting mad.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #94 - March 29, 2014, 03:02 AM

Add me to the Umar haters club. I always thought he was an angry, violent brute. Also, very misogynistic. I love the story of how hijab became a thing: Umar perves at Mo's wives going to the loo (well, whatever the 7th century Arabian equivalent was) and is shocked that he recognise them so he convinces Mo that women must be covered up lest creepy weirdos spying on them taking a dump recognise them. WTF? Fuck him! 
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #95 - July 31, 2014, 04:55 AM

Oh my goodness. I have the most terrible confession.

As an impressionable young girl, I had the biggest crush on Umar. He was my total idea of a hunk and I thought it was so sexy how much of a quick-tempered and rough brute he was.

Muslimah

• Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #96 - July 31, 2014, 06:47 AM

Women in general are influenced by certain patriarchal ideas and attitudes that a man should be rough, aggressive, jealous etc in order to be a manly man. Just look at all the different Disney movies (as an example of popular culture) and what kind of masculinity vs femininity is represented (and how relationships are portayed).

Muslim women are no exception, with the whole "provider" vs weak woman who needs looking after idea there is about man/woman interaction. And lets not forget the despicable gheerah ideology that prevades Islam and Muslim society.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #97 - July 31, 2014, 07:31 AM

Oh my goodness. I have the most terrible confession.

As an impressionable young girl, I had the biggest crush on Umar. He was my total idea of a hunk and I thought it was so sexy how much of a quick-tempered and rough brute he was.

Muslimah

Just going on memory here, isn't he the psychopath who went around terrorising people?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #98 - July 31, 2014, 07:43 AM

lol yeah i remember muslim women admiring Umar, can't think of one quality of his i admire, didnt he beat up his sister too..  funny what CF said about disney i was in a book shop yesterday looking at all the fairytale books i used to read as a kid and thought to myself its your fault books that i had a distorted view of men my entire life lol, thinking there is a prince charming out there "one true love" and all i've got to do is wait for him to materialize..   the eff there is lol  wacko  kinda took the stories too seriosuly

• Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #99 - July 31, 2014, 09:59 AM

far away hug

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #100 - July 31, 2014, 10:40 AM

and I thought it was so sexy how much of a quick-tempered and rough brute he was.

I think that's sort of responsible for my husband's man crush on the guy. He's like that classic bad guy turned good trope, the assassin who becomes the protector but who still has that violent edge--but for "good" this time! mysmilie_977 Sometimes, some of the stories of the heroes of Islam as retold by starry-eyed Muslims reminds me of bad fanfiction...
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #101 - July 31, 2014, 12:08 PM

Grin you hit the nail on the head, lua

• Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #102 - July 31, 2014, 12:36 PM

far away hug

thankyou Quod lol i was having a moment  : )

far away hug
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #103 - July 31, 2014, 01:10 PM

The two sahaba I admired the most were Khalid ibn Al Waleed and Abu Sufyan ibn Harb. Khalid was a brilliant tactician and general in his own right. I sometimes think he joined Islam just for the sake of being able to utilize his genius on the battle field more fully. Without him, Muhammad’s message would have gone nowhere. Without him, the riddah wars would have crushed the Medina caliphate. Without him, Islam likely would not have spread into the Levant. It is no surprise to me that Umar was jealous of him and relieved him of his duties as his reputation spread. Umar knew he was both the brains and the might behind the expansion of the empire. That, and he was pragmatic. He did not obsess over fiqh rules the way Umar and Abu Bakr did.

Also, with Abu Sufyan, he was clearly an intelligent leader. He easily outsmarted Muhammad on several occasions, and Muhammad knew he was dealing with a superb statesman in Abu Sufyan. That is why he made Abu Sufyan’s house a safe place when he conquered Makkah. Abu Sufyan then commented something along the lines of, “Maybe there is only one god. If our gods were real, then they would not see us disgraced like this. But I still don’t think Muhhamad is a messenger.” He said that only a short while before “professing” Islam once Makkah had been completely conquered. He never had a “faith” conversion in my opinion. It is no wonder to me that his children and Muhammad’s offspring fought for power once they both were dead. It is also no surprise to me that Abu Sufyan’s descendants won.
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #104 - July 31, 2014, 06:17 PM

Just going on memory here, isn't he the psychopath who went around terrorising people?

I think he was also the one who changed all the previous Islamic edicts to make things much more fundamental, e.g. denying women entry to mosques, instigating stoning as a punishment for adultery, etc. In fact, he's a lot like Paul in that respect. He may also have been a woman-hater, or even homosexual. Like Paul.
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #105 - July 31, 2014, 07:35 PM

Cornflower and lua, you've described it better than I ever could have hoped.

I have a book about the Sahaba lying around. I should thumb to the Umar chapter and see what I found so attractive about him, just for shits and giggles.
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #106 - July 31, 2014, 10:17 PM

I have a book about the Sahaba lying around

The Sahaba used to lay around!?

Cool - now when I'm told to stop "lying around" I can say, "I'm just following what the companions did. There is even a book about them lying around. It's a bit boring, mind you. It's all:

'Waaasuuuup Ibn Abbas mah man!" "Yo there abu Hurayra give me five and take a dive - just chilling with mah... erm... woman - she's in the back there rustling up some halal burgers - here have a Bud and llay around wiv me dude!"

etc...

It definitely needs a plot twist.
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #107 - July 31, 2014, 10:27 PM

Ooh you got me good! Hahahahahahaha I have no excuse. "Silken Couches: An In-Depth Look at the Lounging Habits of Men" THE MOVIE.
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #108 - August 01, 2014, 05:04 AM

• Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #109 - August 01, 2014, 06:50 AM

That pic is hilarious, those must be his 72 virgins, suppose that woman at the front is his earth wife still wrapped in a sweaty hijab   : /
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #110 - August 01, 2014, 07:06 AM

I was laughing uncontrollably until I saw suki's comment, which promptly mellowed me out.
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #111 - August 01, 2014, 07:32 AM

I've been struggling to find the name of the painting and artist. Anyone know? I think I recall it was a Brit who travelled the Ottoman Empire and learned about the islamic concept of heaven, and how the men dream of it and the hooris. Obviously he didn't know said hooris are about 12 or 13 years old with huge tits and see though.

• Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #112 - August 01, 2014, 07:53 AM

I should know this i've done art history lol  google help
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #113 - August 01, 2014, 08:11 AM

Google hasn't helped me. Cry

• Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #114 - August 01, 2014, 08:28 AM

The Sahaba used to lay around!?

Well, there's very little else to do on a portico, so the ahl as-suffah probably did..
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #115 - August 01, 2014, 08:48 AM

Google hasn't helped me. Cry

Wow, here I thought I could do a reverse image search and find it... It is truly impressive how many websites have reposted this picture! To be honest it's pretty spot on.
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #116 - August 01, 2014, 08:51 AM

Reverse image search?

• Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #117 - August 01, 2014, 09:35 AM

Yeah! Copy the URL of the image and paste it in the Google search bar. Comes in handy.
  • Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #118 - August 01, 2014, 09:36 AM

Wouldn't that simply take you to the site?

• Muslims......& Women!
     Reply #119 - August 01, 2014, 09:41 AM

Nope, give it a try! It'll scour the internet for other places in which the photo was posted.
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »