Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: A Serious Question to Ex-Muslims

(Read 13895 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • A Serious Question to Ex-Muslims
     OP - December 10, 2008, 02:08 AM

Ahmed Bahgat directed me to some topics at FFI, titled Prostitution in Islam initiated by a poster nicknamed Haik Monsieur and Right-hand possessions and slavery in Islam initiated by dear All_Brains.

The topics can be found in Islam Questioned & Defended and some deleted material can be found in the Garbage Can of FFI.

Ahmed and another Muslim have done a good job of defending the false accusations against Islam and at one point, I saw All_Brains coming in and he confirmed that Islam does not endorse prostitution.

My question: As ex-Muslims, do you believe that Islam supports prostitution?

You have lived the life of a Muslim with members of your famiies before and do you agree with the above-named poster Haik Monsieur's garbage?

Salaams
    BMZ

• Re: A Serious Question to Ex-Muslims
     Reply #1 - December 10, 2008, 06:25 AM

I'm not an ex-Muslim so maybe I shouldn't reply to this but as far as you know does prostitution exist in Iran or Saudi Arabia? You need to ask yourself this first.

I don't know if the qu'ran promotes or endorses prostitution but it may permit it.

I do visit the FFI forum and I have read posts by Haik Monsieur. He claims he was a devout (sufi) Muslim for twenty years but now is a committed atheist.

You may not like what I'm going to say but for me Haik Monsieur is the best poster on FFI by a long way.
     Reply #2 - December 10, 2008, 06:45 AM

I'm not an ex-Muslim so maybe I shouldn't reply to this but as far as you know does prostitution exist in Iran or Saudi Arabia? You need to ask yourself this first.

I don't know if the qu'ran promotes or endorses prostitution but it may permit it.

I do visit the FFI forum and I have read posts by Haik Monsieur. He claims he was a devout (sufi) Muslim for twenty years but now is a committed atheist.

You may not like what I'm going to say but for me Haik Monsieur is the best poster on FFI by a long way.

It is okay. Even other non-Muslims may express their opinion.

You said "I don't know if the qu'ran promotes or endorses prostitution I don't know if the qu'ran promotes or endorses prostitution but it may permit it.

What are you trying to say by writing "but it may permit it". How so?

After reading Haik Monsieur's posts and his references, I do not think he is even a good poster. Please let him know that. He is only good at false depictions but when challenged, is unable to prove his allegations.

Cheers
    BMZ

Reply #3 - December 10, 2008, 06:55 AM

I always believed that prostitution was Haram when I was a muslim, it wasn't until after when I started reading more to do with Islam, that I realised temporary marriage (which is not practised by sunnis anymore, but is by shias) is just glorified prostitution.

And Haik Monsieur makes me laugh, the arrogance and complete belief in his genius is enough to put anyone off the stuff he is writing.....well so I thought.

He left here crying about how we were all fake ex muslims because we didn't fall for his "I'm a super brainiac" routine"

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #4 - December 10, 2008, 07:04 AM

You said "I don't know if the qu'ran promotes or endorses prostitution I don't know if the qu'ran promotes or endorses prostitution but it may permit it.

Well where does your average Joe like myself look for an example on the application of Islamic scriptures if we can't look at the most Islamic societies on this planet.

What I'm trying to say is if prostitution exists in Saudi Arabia or Iran then I'm guessing that it is at least tolerated Islamically.

You may argue that these countries are not real Islamic societies but I'll leave that for the Islamic experts to decide.

Reply #5 - December 10, 2008, 07:05 AM

I always believed that prostitution was Haram when I was a muslim, it wasn't until after when I started reading more to do with Islam, that I realised temporary marriage (which is not practised by sunnis anymore, but is by shias) is just glorified prostitution.

And Haik Monsieur makes me laugh, the arrogance and complete belief in his genius is enough to put anyone off the stuff he is writing.....well so I thought.

He left here crying about how we were all fake ex muslims because we didn't fall for his "I'm a super brainiac" routine"

Thanks for the honest and frank comment, Ella. You judged Haik Monsieur correctly.  Smiley

Wish I were here when he was here. Yes, he copies and pastes from Shia Islamic sites and presents to all Muslims that Islam endorses prostitution.

If he comes here again, I wil take him to task.

Just for my study, where did he write when he was here? Can you please let me know?

Salaams
    BMZ

Reply #6 - December 10, 2008, 07:10 AM

Well where does your average Joe like myself look for an example on the application of Islamic scriptures if we can't look at the most Islamic societies on this planet.

What I'm trying to say is if prostitution exists in Saudi Arabia or Iran then I'm guessing that it is at least tolerated Islamically.

You may argue that these countries are not real Islamic societies but I'll leave that for the Islamic experts to decide.

Prostitution is all over the globe. No nation and no country can deny that.

Prostitution may be carried out discreetly in Muslim countries but you cannot term it Islamically.

That is not the right answer and you do not need experts, you and I can decide that.

BMZ
     Reply #7 - December 10, 2008, 07:11 AM

He wrote under the name Haji Murad
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/weaponstestingrange/index.php/topic,2102.0.html.

His posts are over at the archive (above link) and some of our archive posts are missing.

Anyway you can see it's the same person just from the arrogant style.  Afro

Reply #8 - December 10, 2008, 07:14 AM

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/weaponstestingrange/index.php/topic,2102.0.html.

His posts are over at the archive (above link) and some of our archive posts are missing.

Even the name Haji Murad sounds arrogant, Ella.  Cheesy Thanks for the link. I appreciate that. Will go through to read the stuff by Haik Monsieur.

Salaams
    BMZ
     Reply #9 - December 10, 2008, 07:16 AM

I know prostitution occurs across the globe.

BerberElla mentioned temporary marriage.

Does money, goods or other services change hands during this transaction?

As far as I am aware for a temporary marriage to occur they need permission from someone from the Islamic clergy, do they not?

Reply #10 - December 10, 2008, 07:17 AM

As far as I am aware for a temporary marriage to occur they need permission from someone from the Islamic clergy, do they not?

Yes, an agreed upon amount of money for an agreed upon amount of time in a temporary marriage, could even be for an hour........basically prostitution.

Reply #11 - December 10, 2008, 07:24 AM

And force not your maids to prostitution, if they desire chastity, in order that you may make a gain in the (perishable) goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them (to prostitution), then after such compulsion, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to those women, i.e. He will forgive them because they have been forced to do this evil action unwillingly).

An-Noor/The Light 24:33

And I remember a case in the hadith when men were with the messenger, and they were horny, and took "wives for a night", or somesuch. I'll have to look that one up again. It may have been used as a proof for Mut'ah Marriage, which is dissaproved of by Sunnis, but accepted by shi'is.

Heh, when looking up "mutah", look what I found. :

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #12 - December 10, 2008, 07:26 AM

Yes, an agreed upon amount of money for an agreed upon amount of time in a temporary marriage, could even be for an hour........basically prostitution.

Sounds right to me. And before BMZ says that Shia Islam is not really Islam well Hassan had a video entitled 'Will the real Islam please stand up'. I think the title says it all particularly for non-muslims like myself.

Though I don't really like the idea of prostitution it is not illegal in the UK. What I don't like is a hypocritical attitude from religious types who like to point the finger when there own house is not in order.

With regards to Haik Monsieur I wasn't around when he posted on this site. This is the only forum I post on but all the same I do find him entertaining on FFI. I personally don't visit forums or surf for the web to get serious all the time. I like a bit of entertainment as well.

Reply #13 - December 10, 2008, 07:35 AM

Aha, I found this one, but I was thinking of another.

Sahih Muslim, Kitab An-Nikah, Book 008, Number 3253:

Rabi' b. Sabra reported that his father went on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during the Victory of Mecca, and we stayed there for fifteen days (i. e. for thirteen full days and a day and a night), and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted us to contract temporary marriage with women. So I and another person of my tribe went out, and I was more handsome than he, whereas he was almost ugly. Each one of us had a cloaks, My cloak was worn out, whereas the cloak of my cousin was quite new. As we reached the lower or the upper side of Mecca, we came across a young woman like a young smart long-necked she-camel. We said: Is it possible that one of us may contract temporary marriage with you? She said: What will you give me as a dower? Each one of us spread his cloak. She began to cast a glance on both the persons. My companion also looked at her when she was casting a glance at her side and he said: This cloak of his is worn out, whereas my cloak is quite new. She, however, said twice or thrice: There is no harm in (accepting) this cloak (the old one). So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) declared it forbidden.

Reply #14 - December 10, 2008, 08:27 AM

Aha, I found this one, but I was thinking of another.

Maybe one of these, Awais?

SM 8:3247-49 - Allah's Messenger came to us and permitted us to contract temporary marriage. Yes, we had been benefiting ourselves by this temporary marriage during the lifetime of the Prophet. We contracted temporary marriage giving a handful of dates or flour during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger.

SM 8:3252 - Sabra Juhanni reported: Allah's Messenger permitted temporary (mut?ah) marriage for us. So I and another person went out and saw a woman of Bana 'Amir, who was like a young long-necked she-camel. We presented ourselves to her for contracting temporary marriage, whereupon she said: What dowry would you give me? I said: My cloak. I remained with her for three nights

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #15 - December 10, 2008, 08:33 AM

The second one is the same as the one I quoted. It wasn't the first, but that's just more proof Smiley.

The one I'm thinking of they were posted out somewhere for a ghazwa, and they got up during the night to a nearby village to see the women there and get release. I gotta look it up.

I'm thinking it maybe in kitab al-jihad or something.

Reply #16 - December 10, 2008, 09:05 AM

Of course, according to the Sunnah, Muhammad though introducing nikah mut'ah is also said to have forbidden it. This prohibition is not recognised by Shias who I believe see that hadith as forbidding a person who stayed in the mut'ah on a permanent basis and only ended it when Muhammad forbade him to.

Nikah mut'ah was really a way of legalising prostitution so that the sex act will occur within a so-called sanctified relationship.

Hence technically speaking I'd say prostitution as we know it would be illegal in Islam.

However the promises of beautiful houris in paradise who remain eternal virgins nor do they age and available in vast quantities does lend some incentive for men to try and create that paradise here on earth. The rational for some might be if its ok for heaven where Allah resides, why not here?

The following ahadith explains how open prostition will take place in Jannah:

Al hadiths, Vol. 4, Page-172, No.34:  The Apostle of Allah said, ?There is in paradise an open market wherein there will be no buying or selling, but will consist of men and women. When a man desires a beauty, at once he will have intercourse with them as desired.

Tirmizi, volume two (p 35-40): .... A houri is a girl of tender age, having large breasts which are round (pointed), and not inclined to dangle. Houris dwell in palaces of splendid surroundings. The Prophet was asked :'Do we have sex in Paradise?' He answered: 'Yes, by him who holds my soul in his hand, and it will be done dahman, dahman (with vigour). And when it is finished she will return pure and virgin again.

The ridiculous promises of sex for men in Jannah, which when taken in their correct context were basically carrots dangling on a stick in front a Muslim to get him to go out and kill or get killed for Muhammad's dream of conquering Arabia was one of the main reason I started doubting Islam as a religion.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #17 - December 10, 2008, 09:55 AM

Thank you for the link Ella. Enjoyed reading it and all of you handled Haik Monsieur ver well. I learnt something new too.

Salaams
    BMZ
     Reply #18 - December 10, 2008, 10:54 AM

Of course, according to the Sunnah, Muhammad though introducing nikah mut'ah is also said to have forbidden it. This prohibition is not recognised by Shias who I believe see that hadith as forbidding a person who stayed in the mut'ah on a permanent basis and only ended it when Muhammad forbade him to.

Nikah mut'ah was really a way of legalising prostitution so that the sex act will occur within a so-called sanctified relationship.

Hence technically speaking I'd say prostitution as we know it would be illegal in Islam.

However the promises of beautiful houris in paradise who remain eternal virgins nor do they age and available in vast quantities does lend some incentive for men to try and create that paradise here on earth. The rational for some might be if its ok for heaven where Allah resides, why not here?

Al hadiths, Vol. 4, Page-172, No.34:  The Apostle of Allah said, ?There is in paradise an open market wherein there will be no buying or selling, but will consist of men and women. When a man desires a beauty, at once he will have intercourse with them as desired.

Tirmizi, volume two (p 35-40): .... A houri is a girl of tender age, having large breasts which are round (pointed), and not inclined to dangle. Houris dwell in palaces of splendid surroundings. The Prophet was asked :'Do we have sex in Paradise?' He answered: 'Yes, by him who holds my soul in his hand, and it will be done dahman, dahman (with vigour). And when it is finished she will return pure and virgin again.

The ridiculous promises of sex for men in Jannah, which when taken in their correct context were basically carrots dangling on a stick in front a Muslim to get him to go out and kill or get killed for Muhammad's dream of conquering Arabia was one of the main reason I started doubting Islam as a religion.

Do the women in Islam never realise how degrading this is? Islam has no respect for women, it's sickening!

I don't understand the virgin thing either, I feel sorry for those 'houris' who have to go through the pain of breaking their hymen every time they have sex for the rest of eternity :(
     Reply #19 - December 10, 2008, 10:58 AM

Sounds right to me. And before BMZ says that Shia Islam is not really Islam well Hassan had a video entitled 'Will the real Islam please stand up'. I think the title says it all particularly for non-muslims like myself.

Though I don't really like the idea of prostitution it is not illegal in the UK. What I don't like is a hypocritical attitude from religious types who like to point the finger when there own house is not in order.

With regards to Haik Monsieur I wasn't around when he posted on this site. This is the only forum I post on but all the same I do find him entertaining on FFI. I personally don't visit forums or surf for the web to get serious all the time. I like a bit of entertainment as well.

No, I will never say that Shia Islam is not Islam. Shias are Muslims.

It is just that the Shias wrongly defend Mut'aa which is not really Nikah or a marriage. There is no instruction for Mut'aa in Qur'aan.

They have their own ahaadith collections and do not accept the Sunni collections of Ahaadith but if any Sunni hadith suits them, they gladly quote it.

Cheers
    BMZ

Reply #20 - December 10, 2008, 11:04 AM

That is not what I am after.

Ignore the junk ahaadith. Does the Qur'aan allow prostitutiont? That is what I am asking the ex-Muslims here and Ella gave the best answer so far.

If you were a Muslim before, did you ever believe that Islam allowed prostitution? Were you taught anything of that sort?

Cheers
    BMZ
     Reply #21 - December 10, 2008, 11:15 AM

Here's an ayah for you, you qurani Tongue.

And force not your maids to prostitution, if they desire chastity, in order that you may make a gain in the (perishable) goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them (to prostitution), then after such compulsion, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to those women, i.e. He will forgive them because they have been forced to do this evil action unwillingly).

An-Noor/The Light 24:33

"And force not your maids to prostitution, if they desire chastity" If they desire chastity. What if they don't desire chastity? Then can you force them to prostitution? It wouldn't really be forcing then would it? This prohibition is on forced prostitution, what about pimping out willing hos? Sounds to me like this ayah implies that would be legal.

Reply #22 - December 10, 2008, 12:06 PM

BMZ, you seem to be asking two different questions.  In the OP you ask...

Then, when hadeeths are mentioned, it became...

Does the Qur'aan allow prostitutiont?

Islam consists of more than the Qur'an.  So which is it, Islam or just the Qur'an specifically you want to ask about?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #23 - December 10, 2008, 02:43 PM

BMZ, you seem to be asking two different questions.  In the OP you ask...

Then, when hadeeths are mentioned, it became...

Does the Qur'aan allow prostitutiont?

Islam consists of more than the Qur'an.  So which is it, Islam or just the Qur'an specifically you want to ask about?

Hello, Cheetah

Good point.

You are right. I should have clarified that. Yes, just the Qur'aan.
    Hadith are not the scripture. Qur'aan is the Scripture and it reigns Supreme.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Cheers
    BMZ

Reply #24 - December 10, 2008, 03:30 PM

Prostitution may be carried out discreetly in Muslim countries but you cannot term it Islamically.

That is not the right answer and you do not need experts, you and I can decide that.

BMZ

If you want to bring the cultural crap into this then here is some cultural crap: In the islamic culture the prostitute has it the easiest in the world. All she needs is a veil and a cell phone. In Europe at least they have to keep to certain areas and certain streets, in the middle east they hooked at the doors of a mosque. In Cairo when we see a woman standing still in a veil, then she is assumed to be a whore. And we have tons. Even better, when a whore is arrested with a john, the john will claim he married her, and the cops can not do sh1t about it.

In Tehran, they needed to nail the chief of police, so they had to bust him with 6 prostitutes. Six. Because if they nailed him with 4 he could have claimed he married them. To make it stick on him they needed Six. So I would advise you keep the cultural crap out of this because the "muslim" laundry is quite dirty when it comes to prostitution. And I am not even covering under-age prostitution yet.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #25 - December 10, 2008, 03:47 PM

BMZ

If you want to bring the cultural crap into this then here is some cultural crap: In the islamic culture the prostitute has it the easiest in the world. All she needs is a veil and a cell phone. In Europe at least they have to keep to certain areas and certain streets, in the middle east they hooked at the doors of a mosque. In Cairo when we see a woman standing still in a veil, then she is assumed to be a whore. And we have tons. Even better, when a whore is arrested with a john, the john will claim he married her, and the cops can not do sh1t about it.

In Tehran, they needed to nail the chief of police, so they had to bust him with 6 prostitutes. Six. Because if they nailed him with 4 he could have claimed he married them. To make it stick on him they needed Six. So I would advise you keep the cultural crap out of this because the "muslim" laundry is quite dirty when it comes to prostitution. And I am not even covering under-age prostitution yet.

Baal,

I had already mentioned in the title that this was a serious question.

I did not ask you for your above crap and I do not know and do not want to know how dirty was your laundry when you were a Muslim.  Cheesy

You have just to tell me as an ex-Muslim, whether you believed at that time, if Islam supported prostitution? You have lived the life of a Muslim with members of your families before. Right?

I am not asking you about the crap done in Europe or the Middle East or the world over. I need your answer to my question. Answer first, then you can write any crap. Whether I respond or not, is my choice.

BMZ
     Reply #26 - December 10, 2008, 04:00 PM

As a muslim, I would have believed prostitution to be haram, like zina. Tongue

Reply #27 - December 10, 2008, 10:22 PM

Baal,

Bla Bla Bla a serious question Bla Bla I did not ask you for bla bla above crap bla bla You have just to tell me bla bla if Islam supported prostitution bla bla bla I am not asking you bla bla crap done in Europe Bla Bla I need your Bla Bla  Bla Answer first Bla Bla then you can Bla Bla Bla

BMZ,

Starting a forum with a question, does not give you (or anyone) a license to sneak in an unchallenged opinion or unfounded assumption.

You stated the following assumption: "Prostitution may be carried out discreetly in Muslim countries but you cannot term it Islamically. "
    And I answered you that prostitution in muslim countries can and does get termed islamically.

btw, I am sorry if I broke the conversation script that Ahmad trained you with. Now you might have to improvise. So again, I am very sorry.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #28 - December 11, 2008, 03:26 AM

Well said darling

he is a complete jerk of a freak to be honest, I have exposed him so many time until he was life dismissed

Cheers
     Reply #29 - December 11, 2008, 03:40 AM

Quote from: BMZ
    Hello, Cheetah

Good point.

You are right. I should have clarified that. Yes, just the Qur'aan.
    Hadith are not the scripture. Qur'aan is the Scripture and it reigns Supreme.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Cheers
    BMZ

Hello BMZ,

But that is not quite clarified.  You asked

Few, if any, ex-muslims here were ever Qur'an only muslims.  So if you want to know their former beliefs, you should not be taking sahih hadiths off the table.

You need to clarify again.  Do you want to know their former beliefs, or their former reading of the Qur'an?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »