Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Conservative or liberal

(Read 33995 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Conservative or liberal
     Reply #180 - September 29, 2014, 05:07 AM

I believe there might be in some states. I'm not sure.
     Reply #181 - September 29, 2014, 05:13 AM

I believe there might be in some states. I'm not sure.

I remember reading about the Aurora shooting and it kind of blew my mind at the time.

"In the four months prior to the shooting, Holmes also bought 3000 rounds of ammunition for the pistols, 3000 rounds for the M&P15, and 350 shells for the shotgun over the Internet", Wikipedia.

I remember thinking "Wow. So much ammo". If my neighbor purchased all that, I'd move out.

The misspelling in my name is intentional, because I'm an idiot and I can't spell properly. But I'd probably also say that even if it was a mistake. Does that clear things up?
     Reply #182 - September 29, 2014, 05:17 AM

Yeah, unfortunately, not a lot of the neighbors will know. Or, as is sometimes the case, people will know and let it slide.
  • Re: Conservative or liberal
     Reply #183 - September 29, 2014, 02:42 PM

IIRC you weren't hauled up because the bit about Marx might distress anyone. You were hauled up because it was a claim that appears to be unsubstantiated, and accusing people of sexual abuse without backup is generally bad form. Personally I think calling for a ban over it was an overreaction. Marx is long dead anyway and is not going to be affected by your claim.

That's not why I said a ban should be considered. Learn how to read between the lines, mate. He's an ex-prosecutor who has suffered many calamities and claims to possess government dossiers yet can't cite a single reputable academic source for one of his allegations? Give me  a break, this guy isn't here to get to know ex-muslims. His speech is very undiplomatic-like, he made a racist joke, and feels it prudent to talk to people mockingly.

If you think this reactionary isn't lying between his teeth then all I can do is pity you.
     Reply #184 - September 29, 2014, 03:27 PM

IMHO these decisions are best left to the mods, without us cheerleading or baying for one side or another. I must admit, I have been guilty myself of trying to interfere one way or another in the past, when things have reached a boiling point regarding one individual or another. I really shouldn't have, I can see that now.

The mods, both collectively and individually, seem to be composed of the most sensible, stable, rounded and least paranoid people amongst us. That seems even more the case now than it was when I was last here. If I remind myself of that occasionally, it reminds me to trust their judgement on important shit such as this.

Hi
     Reply #185 - September 29, 2014, 03:46 PM

With regards to Stephens joke, i didn't see it as that bad  Smiley  he is from a different generation than most younger people here and his jokes may be a little controversiol compared to todays pc, still i personally didn't see it as racist either wacko  i must be very dense  lol  :/

Also with regards to benefits in the UK, the system has changed over the years, it is generally quite diffiicult for people to be lazy lay abouts these days. The most likely candidates to cheat are people who falsely claim disability allowances, or single parents who actually have a live in partner, infact there are a lot of well off people cheating the system too who claim benefits while running successful businesses or property owners, its not only the poorer folks who do it.  As for everyone else claiming legitimately, single people are forced to work and are only allowed to claim benefits for i think a month, single parents must work atleast 16 hours or start their own business.  I used to witness a lot of muslim families falsely claiming to be single mothers, it was very popular but the laws have been tightened now and no single parents are allowed to sit at home living off handouts.

Reply #186 - September 29, 2014, 04:41 PM

more importantly: this is a forum that serves... a very unique and much-needed purpose... it is a safe space that they (ex-muslims) are starved for in real life... there are some users here that... have been or are in very real danger... users who are living in a place where they may be killed, or who ran or are on the run from people who would kill them. This is not the space where they should be reading precisely why their murder will be justified.

...those individuals who do not directly commit crimes, but who justify them and rationalize them, will embolden and empower those who do commit the crimes. They lend to the cultural perception that these crimes are acceptable, it lends to the dehumanization of the victims. Considering that I first found this site well before my apostasy, and that people from all over seem to find this site, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to imagine that someone who is actually living in an unstable country/area where these crimes are common would be reading these threads at some point. If there were even the slightest chance that playing host to apologists for these crimes would in any way reinforce or indirectly support the cultural acceptance of them, I believe it would be very irresponsible to do so.

...if the mods/admins opened the floodgates and allowed every sort of bigot, racist, apologists of lynchings and slavery and proponents of patriarchy to come in... this wouldn't exactly be an ex-Muslim forum anymore.

Ameeeeeen! and a thousand ameens!!

Ja'a al Haq wa zahiqa al-Batil - Truth has come and falshood is destroyed.

May Allah reward you Lua with the highest place in Jannah

Reply #187 - September 29, 2014, 07:24 PM

What I despise most about conservatives is the scapegoating they do. They always seem to be on the attack against those on welfare, unemployed, single parents, immigrants, minorities - always the people who are powerless. They never seem to be active against those who are truly responsible for the state the world is in, those with the actual power to change things.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #188 - September 29, 2014, 07:39 PM

Yeah, that was definitely the case here in the Bush Era. Now, minorities and poor people aren't off the hook in America, but in all fairness, if an extreme right-winger spills his coffee or can't remember where he left his car in the parking garage, Obama's to blame.

Ameeeeeen! and a thousand ameens!!

Ja'a al Haq wa zahiqa al-Batil - Truth has come and falshood is destroyed.

May Allah reward you Lua with the highest place in Jannah

Woah! You're too kind, Abu Ali.  Thank you sign
     Reply #189 - September 29, 2014, 09:16 PM

Some how Quod is to blame for this. I do not know how or why, it is a matter of faith.

Don't look at me, I figure you for your early-mid 30s.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #190 - September 29, 2014, 09:22 PM

That's not why I said a ban should be considered. Learn how to read between the lines, mate. He's an ex-prosecutor who has suffered many calamities and claims to possess government dossiers yet can't cite a single reputable academic source for one of his allegations?

Missed that stuff. I haven't read all his posts.

...if the mods/admins opened the floodgates and allowed every sort of bigot, racist, apologists of lynchings and slavery and proponents of patriarchy to come in... this wouldn't exactly be an ex-Muslim forum anymore.

I remember the first twit banned from this place, for pretty much those reasons (he had a plan that if Muslims were raping non-Muslim women, the obvious solution was for non-Muslim men to rape Muslim women to teach the Muslims a lesson).

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #191 - September 29, 2014, 11:28 PM

these decisions are best left to the mods, without us cheerleading or baying for one side or another.

The nicest thing about this forum is that we're not a pack of baying hounds. Personally, I'd rather the mods didn't ban anyone, but accept their right to do so from time to time.

With regards to Stephens joke, i didn't see it as that bad  Smiley  he is from a different generation than most younger people here and his jokes may be a little controversiol compared to todays pc, still i personally didn't see it as racist either wacko  i must be very dense

Another dense one here. It was neither the greatest joke nor a crime against the nobler side of humanity. The definitely-not-dense Toor's original was more elegant.
     Reply #192 - September 30, 2014, 01:26 AM

Just a bit off-topic here. I've always wanted to ask someone from the US their opinion on gun-control. You don't have to answer, but do you support it or not? I live in Australia and I support my country's strict gun-control. Just curious Smiley

Well, in light of our beheading in Oklahoma I am glad that some of the guys at work are packing heat. My issue is that guns are accessible to the insane, the criminal, and the minors. That needs to change, in all states. Also online buying and gun show permits are not acceptable to me. I also cannot see any need for the public to lay down hundreds of automatic rounds.

However. The police now have armored vehicles and their own automatic weapons and just crazy military stuff. Why are they outfitted like that? Hmmm. What happens to the population if we disarm ourselves, while they remain fully armed? That is the fear that the Right To Bear Arms was built on.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #193 - September 30, 2014, 01:30 AM

I remember reading about the Aurora shooting and it kind of blew my mind at the time.

"In the four months prior to the shooting, Holmes also bought 3000 rounds of ammunition for the pistols, 3000 rounds for the M&P15, and 350 shells for the shotgun over the Internet", Wikipedia.

I remember thinking "Wow. So much ammo". If my neighbor purchased all that, I'd move out.

Where I live the neighbors blow stuff up for fun with tannerite. They shoot guns off all summer, but get quiet after deer season until early spring.

Reply #194 - September 30, 2014, 02:28 AM

Merica!
     Reply #195 - September 30, 2014, 02:33 AM

Every night. The dogs in my building have PTSD. I am not shitting you. Come sundown, those little dogs start shaking. One on my floor, of an apricot hue, takes doggy Xanax on a regular basis. There are thick trees in between my building and their ¨yard¨, which I think is more like a stop on the snowmobile bar hopping trail, so I cannot see what they are doing, but I can hear it. Screaming and shooting. Probably shooting each other. For fun.

The lights go out and I cannot tell the difference between here and a trailer park in the Deep South. No offense to Southerners. Y'all know what you got going on, down there.

Reply #196 - September 30, 2014, 02:35 AM

Hm came on here to call mubs a tard but I see he's already gone.

fuck you
     Reply #197 - September 30, 2014, 07:44 AM

Its Da Puss on Da D. Puss on D.

Yeah, that was definitely the case here in the Bush Era. Now, minorities and poor people aren't off the hook in America, but in all fairness, if an extreme right-winger spills his coffee or can't remember where he left his car in the parking garage, Obama's to blame.

Cheesy

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #198 - October 01, 2014, 01:35 PM

Don't look at me, I figure you for your early-mid 30s.

i thought bogart was an old dude too!  i think its the name and cause he seems so knowledgeable, lol.
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »