Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Religion got it right before science

(Read 45628 times)
  • 12 3 ... 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Religion got it right before science
     OP - November 03, 2008, 05:19 PM

Have a laugh at the creationists here ...

http://againstscience.com/

Cheesy dance Cheesy dance

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
  • Re: Religion got it right before science
     Reply #1 - November 03, 2008, 10:00 PM

DrPerry needs a damn good laxative.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #2 - November 03, 2008, 10:04 PM

Followed by a sledgehammer to the cranium.  yes

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #3 - November 03, 2008, 10:13 PM

Followed by a sledgehammer to the cranium.  yes

But not before a good garotting by a  6 year old boy with ADHD and  a disposition towards curiosity.

Reply #4 - November 03, 2008, 10:17 PM

And maybe some fun with a flaming gerbil signmuahaha

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - November 03, 2008, 10:18 PM

All of the above. YouTube it. We nee some more vids anyway. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - November 03, 2008, 10:23 PM

And maybe some fun with a flaming gerbil signmuahaha

Nah. Lay off the gerbils, it's cruel.

Reply #7 - November 03, 2008, 10:29 PM

I meant a toy one, of course. Afro

Reply #8 - November 03, 2008, 10:47 PM

I came across this the guy who claims to owns this website, have asked him to come join us here.

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #9 - November 03, 2008, 11:08 PM

He probably wont. Creationists usually only "debate" on their own ground where they can control the conversation. Any place that keeps a written record of in depth questions and their evasions of them is anathema to them.

Reply #10 - November 03, 2008, 11:14 PM

Salaam Alaikum,

I am delighted to be of service to you all.

So yes, the topic is 'laughs', I join u in it.  Cheesy

Now...how can I help u all?
     Reply #11 - November 03, 2008, 11:19 PM

Hello, welcome. 

What is all this nonsense on your web site about Noah's flood?

Reply #12 - November 03, 2008, 11:35 PM

Hello, welcome. 

Firstly let us conduct ourselves decently and not like barbarians. Monotheism lifts humanity from that and is the single source of all morality and moral attempts of the human race, thank Allah.

Ask questions, we discuss and if we disagree, u display this disagreement with responsible humor.  As long as u ask questions in the way above, my responding can not be guaranteed. It's ur choice.

Now to ur question.
    ----------

Science has discovered a very important adverse condition caused 'Bottle neck' with consequent re-sprouting of humanity from a single gene line, which is proof of a near total extinction event like 'Noah's flood'. This is significant progress by science and we watch to see as further evidence and facts evolve on it.

Your take-

...Peace and love.
     Reply #13 - November 03, 2008, 11:53 PM

Hello, welcome. 

Firstly let us conduct ourselves decently and not like barbarians. Monotheism lifts humanity from that and is the single source of all morality and moral attempts of the human race, thank Allah.

Ask questions, we discuss and if we disagree, u display this disagreement with responsible humor.  As long as u ask questions in the way above, my responding can not be guaranteed. It's ur choice.

Now to ur question.
    ----------

Science has discovered a very important adverse condition caused 'Bottle neck' with consequent re-sprouting of humanity from a single gene line, which is proof of a near total extinction event like 'Noah's flood'. This is significant progress by science and we watch to see as further evidence and facts evolve on it.

Your take-

Thanks for that clarity. Now, what about the resurrection, what's the true story behind that 'miracle'?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #14 - November 04, 2008, 12:09 AM

But you seem to have over looked a few things.  Noah's flood wiped out every thing on earth of every species, apart from the lucky animals sent into the Ark two by two.  So for "proof" of such an event you would need to show a genetic bottleneck in all species simultaneously, humans included.

Also, as everything else died, you would need to show evidence of massive jumbles of bones of drowned animals; flooded, ruined civilizations, and piles of human remains.

Then there's the geological aspect. If a global flood had occurred it would have left evidence of flood like conditions in the K-T boundary.

None of the above exist, so when I said nonsense it wasn't so much barbaric incivility, as a mere statement of fact. Smiley

Reply #15 - November 04, 2008, 12:14 AM

Hello, welcome. 

Now to ur question.
    ----------

Your take-

Thanks for that clarity. Now, what about the resurrection, what's the true story behind that 'miracle'?

What resurrection?
    That we all would resurrect after death?
     Reply #16 - November 04, 2008, 12:23 AM

Also, as everything else died, you would need to show evidence of massive jumbles of bones of drowned animals; flooded, ruined civilizations, and piles of human remains.

Then there's the geological aspect. If a global flood had occurred it would have left evidence of flood like conditions in the K-T boundary.

None of the above exist, so when I said nonsense it wasn't so much barbaric incivility, as a mere statement of fact. Smiley

There is ample evidence of an eternity of buried animals. Or u wish to see buried animals with a signpost- 'I died and was buried in the flood and not after predator attack', on them?

There are numerous areas where buried humans are found. They don't need be collected in a heap...or do they?

Flooding does not create any exceptional ruined civilization evidence than as for any other event. And ample evidence of these are always found.

I will have to study the K-T issue, though I know that the ice age and its melting would leave identical effects and/or can obscure the possibility to determine such effect of a flood. Will there be a KT effect produced by katrina?

We must agree it is yet impossible to conclude otherwise. Science is not that great is it?

Reply #17 - November 04, 2008, 12:48 AM

There is ample evidence of an eternity of buried animals. Or u wish to see buried animals with a signpost- 'I died and was buried in the flood and not after predator attack', on them?

No, if they were killed in a global catastrophe like the Flood, their remains would all be deposited in the same stratum.  Instead we find remains of dead and fossilized animals distributed throughout the strata in accordance with the predictions made by evolutionary theory, instead of one massive simultaneous death toll.

There are numerous areas where buried humans are found. They don't need be collected in a heap...or do they?

Again, we need to see the genetic bottleneck which you thought was "proof" of the Flood coinciding with a genetic bottleneck within every other species on earth, as they were all supposedly killed in the flood.

Flooding does not create any exceptional ruined civilization evidence than as for any other event.

A global flood would.  It would leave every civilization on earth at the time ruined simultaneously, for which we could find evidence through radio metric dating. 

And ample evidence of these are always found.

In that case you should be able to produce some.

I will have to study the K-T issue, though I know that the ice age and its melting would leave identical effects and/or can obscure the possibility to determine such effect of a flood. Will there be a KT effect produced by katrina?

No, the Ice Age wouldn't have similar effects, and no Katrina wasn't a global event.

We must agree it is yet impossible to conclude otherwise.

Oh, but don't close the conversation there, I haven't even half started.  Some more questions...

- Is it not strange that there are so many species of flightless birds found exclusively on islands?  How did they get there from Mount Ararat after the Flood?

-  How did all the rest of the animals fan out from Mt Ararat to the rest of the world in the exact geographical distribution predicted by evolutionary theory?

-   How were all the intricate and delicate ecosystems in which specific plants and animals depend on each other preserved on board the Ark?

-   How were all the animals gathered onto the Ark to begin with?  Koalas, kangaroos, kiwis, gila monsters, dodos, ostriches, armadillos.

-  How did Noah cope with animals which have very specific diets, like koala bears, giant pandas, silkworms?

-  Many species can only eat live prey, eg, some wasps, and spiders.  How did Noah manage to keep them alive?

-  Most plants cannot survive immersion in water, so how did the plants survive. The dove, remember, came back with an olive branch in its beak.  How did the olive trees survive the Flood?

- How did all the fish survive?  Some fish need fresh water, some brackish, some salt.  How did they all survive a global Flood - did Noah have aquaria on the Ark?

- How about the micro organisms which still live with us today?  Which of Noah's family had to play host to the Small Pox virus, or gonorrhea, and what about crabs?

I could go on, but its late and I have to go to bed, so I'll leave it for now.

Science is not that great is it?

Its a lot better than the scribblings of scientific illiterates.

Reply #18 - November 04, 2008, 01:06 AM

One last thing though.  Even though you failed to prove Noah's Ark, I must congratulate you on having proven Poe's Law absolutely true. Cheesy sloshed

Reply #19 - November 04, 2008, 01:23 AM

1. In the same vein that science did not know of the human bottle neck(just like would result from a flood) till this year.
    So also is it not likely they find the associated animal bottle neck soon. No? parrot

2. Will u not agree that unless the human bottle neck was caused by a human virus, which is NOT their conclusion as at now, whatever caused the human bottle neck(presently suspected to be drought) is likely to have also caused an animal bottle neck at the same period?

Or u do not agree that what they guess was a drought would have definitely affected animals?  Cheesy Afro

You can't eat with both sides of ur mouth, either reject the scientists findings or acknowledge and go search urself for the impossible to not be associated 'coincident animal 'drought(or whatever else it was, I suspect- flood)' and bottle neck'. Cheesy

Ref:
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/04/24/close.call.ap/index.html
    "...The human population at that time was reduced to small isolated groups in Africa, apparently because of drought, according to an analysis released Thursday...."

"...Paleontologist Meave Leakey, a Genographic adviser, asked, "Who would have thought that as recently as 70,000 years ago, extremes of climate had reduced our population to such small numbers that we were on the very edge of extinction?"..."

Reply #20 - November 04, 2008, 02:18 AM

Oh goody, fresh meat!  grin12

Ok mate, let's get a couple of things cleared up. First, you don't call the shots here. Second, nobody was behaving like a barbarian and it is rude of you to imply otherwise. Third, the Taliban are monotheistic and I have never been impressed with their morality or their moral attempts. Fourth, many polytheists, agnostics and atheists are capable of moral behaviour. In fact I'd go as far as to say that it is the default setting, but obviously this is a matter of opinion. Now, what's next?

See "First". If you wish to hide behind your ego rather than actually answering difficult questions then that's your business. It wont gain you any glory. I'm betting you wont last long here because creationists never deal with difficult questions and usually resort to lies and evasions. Feel free to prove me wrong. I can guarantee that nobody will be allowed to get away with being gratuitously abusive, but if you post something that is palpable nonsense it is likely to be called nonsense. Of course you are free to do the same.

Now to ur question.
    ----------

Your take-

...Peace and love.

You really are going to love this............... bunny

Anyway, yes, there seems to be evidence of a genetic bottleneck in our species in the past. However, and this is a very important point, it did not happen anywhere near the timeframe usually proposed for the mythical flood of Noah. In fact it happened tens of millennia before that. This is turn means that the observed evidence for the genetic bottleneck cannot be reasonably taken as evidence for Noah's flood, unless you are prepared to admit that the information in the Old Testament on the timing of the flood is completely incorrect .

If you are prepared to admit that information is completely incorrect then why, pray tell, would you assume any of the rest of the story is any more reliable?

Reply #21 - November 04, 2008, 02:23 AM

@ Osmanthus.

What do u know is the time line in Islam? My primary info source is Islam.
     Reply #22 - November 04, 2008, 02:25 AM

No. What I would expect to see is all the animals together in one obviously flood-derived stratum that can be radiometrically dated to a timeframe consistent with the story of Noah. This is not observed in practice. Far from it.

They need to be in the same stratum.

Flooding does not create any exceptional ruined civilization evidence than as for any other event. And ample evidence of these are always found.

A global flood would have an effect that could be observed globally. If you wish to demonstrate a global flood you will need to demonstrate a global geological layer resulting from said flood. Can you do this?

That is alternately incorrect and irrelevant.

We must agree it is yet impossible to conclude otherwise. Science is not that great is it?

We are not required to agree any such thing, and many reasonable and intelligent people conclude otherwise.

Reply #23 - November 04, 2008, 02:26 AM

@ Osmanthus.

What do u know is the time line in Islam? My primary info source is Islam.

Specify your timeline and I'll debate it.

Reply #24 - November 04, 2008, 02:28 AM

Dude, I'll take you on in a one-on-one debate any time you're ready. No worries.
    You will lose though. Just sayin.' Wink

ETA: And I'm still waiting for you to specify your timeline. Do you actually have one?

Reply #25 - November 04, 2008, 02:42 AM

I do not know(have) the date in Islam.

Does that mean I am wrong and it was not this near extinction that scientists have found.

*BTW, I see u locked my thread. What a way to treated a guest u invited. Well we kno it's the Arabs who treat guests fine.
     Reply #26 - November 04, 2008, 02:45 AM

If you do not have a date then you cannot claim the genetic bottleneck as evidence for your preferred story. The timeline for the genetic bottleneck is clearly defined, within a millennium or so. To be evidence of your proposed flood it would need to be consistent with the timeline for said flood.

If you cannot connect the two then the genetic bottleneck is not directly relevant. How do you propose to connect the two?

ETA: I have explained, in the locked thread and by private message, why I locked your other thread. I have also explained the conditions under which I will allow you to open more threads. And no, I am not an Arab.

Reply #27 - November 04, 2008, 02:47 AM

Err really?

Cuz I don't know the date right now, after Eve(and Adam) but before our time. Means I am wrong. Ok.

Next topic.  whistling2
     Reply #28 - November 04, 2008, 02:50 AM

Ok, no problem. As Cheetah pointed out a global flood would leave a genetic bottleneck in all species, not just humans. Now I happen to know that funnily enough there is evidence of a very tight genetic bottleneck in cheetahs.

The odd thing is that it happened at a vastly different time to the bottleneck in our species. Why do you think this might be so?

Reply #29 - November 04, 2008, 02:58 AM

Ok, let me put this another way. You say Islam is your source of information on the flood. What do you draw from Islam regarding this? You haven't got a timeline so what, exactly, do you have? I can't really discuss anything with you unless I know your position.

• 12 3 ... 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »