Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Presenting the most glamorous goat in all Arabia

(Read 5253 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Presenting the most glamorous goat in all Arabia
     OP - November 02, 2008, 12:41 PM

Presenting the most glamorous goat in all Arabia

(Clicky for piccy!)
    Smile, bleatie! Admirers gather round the winning Najdi goat after last week's contest in Saudi Arabia

Contestants in the Gulf's most hotly contested beauty pageant turn heads with their shaggy coats and unnerving eyes

There are nanny goats, nervous goats, and probably even nefarious goats. And now, we learn, there are also Najdi goats – the most desirable and expensive in the world. And, for a mere £16,500, plus shipping, one of these beauties - the newly crowned thoroughbreds of the goating world - can now be yours.

The place to go for a Najdi goat is Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where, following the famous competitions for the most comely camel, the latest pageant for good-looking beasts has been held. Owners of pedigree Najdi goats from around the Gulf region converged on Riyadh in the past week, hoping to win the prizes for top male and top female goat. "The Najdi goat is a pure national product like nothing else in the world," said Sheikh Faisal al-Saadoun, a Saudi breeder who organised the show. "They are different in terms of beauty, shape and how eye-catching they are."

The goats are named after the central Najd region of Saudi Arabia. They have a distinctive, high nose-bridge and shaggy hair with a fine, silky quality. Most of the goats in the competition were bred from one star goat, Burgan, from Sheikh Saadoun's stable, and have been exported around the Gulf in trade worth millions of riyals.

Burgan was not on display at the show as the owners fear he could be afflicted by the "evil eye". But that did not stop offers from the Qatari royal family to buy him, the compere told the gathering.

Sheikh Saadoun sold dozens of goats from his stable for at least 100,000 riyals (£16,500) each at the show, adding to some 8m riyals he has made over the years breeding from Burgan. "This male goat is different. He is historic and he has contributed to developing the Najdi goat," he said, as poets recited verses in praise of the goats over loudspeakers. The winner in the male category was a son of Burgan, with a value of 450,000 riyals.

The gathering at a ranch outside Riyadh gave breeders a chance to trade but Abu Ahmed, a breeder from the United Arab Emirates, was disappointed that Sheikh Saadoun did not take his offer of 350,000 riyals for another son of Burgan. "I wanted to develop the breed from the point it has got to," he said.

However, camels remain the pride of the Bedouins. Delicate females or strapping males can sell for more than a million riyals, and camel-racing is a popular sport throughout the Gulf. Last November, a leading authority of Saudi Arabia's hardline school of Islam condemned camel beauty contests as evil, saying those involved should seek repentance from Allah.

Cheesy Cheesy

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
  • Re: Presenting the most glamorous goat in all Arabia
     Reply #1 - November 02, 2008, 12:48 PM

In the year 2008 we still get this :

Burgan was not on display at the show as the owners fear he could be afflicted by the "evil eye".

Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - November 02, 2008, 01:26 PM

You have to admit that is a particularly attractive specimen, as goats go.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease which is invariably fatal.
     Reply #3 - November 02, 2008, 02:25 PM

You have to admit that is a particularly attractive specimen, as goats go.

yep, it is.
    And frankly - there are horse-shows, dog-shows, cat-shows etc in the west, too. Doesn´t mean the people there are beastialists.
     Reply #4 - November 02, 2008, 03:43 PM

Well the only thing that made me giggle was the Evil eye comment as I said lol.  bunny

Reply #5 - November 02, 2008, 04:00 PM

Well the only thing that made me giggle was the Evil eye comment as I said lol.  bunny

nah, didn´t mean you, Berbs - but there often are these idiotic "lookit them camel fudgers, wink-wink" things, esp, on ffi... it´s dumb, innit?  mysmilie_977
     Reply #6 - November 02, 2008, 04:10 PM

Yes, I have seen them.  They are working off of The little green book by ayotollah you know who lol  Roll Eyes

I didn't pick up on what was being suggested this time, but damn did I miss the obvious.  wacko

Reply #7 - November 02, 2008, 08:35 PM

There are goat shows in the west too. Think Angora breeders for a start. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - November 02, 2008, 08:36 PM

There are goat shows in the west too. Think Angora breeders for a start. parrot

Eh... New Zealand?  whistling2
     Reply #9 - November 02, 2008, 09:04 PM

That's sheep. They don't do goats. Doing goats would be sick. Wink

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #10 - November 02, 2008, 09:10 PM

That's sheep. They don't do goats. Doing goats would be sick. Wink

I see. Expert speaking!  Afro cool2 thnkyu
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »